PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEHPF

Händer Som Vårdar ‎– Depopulation tape
First track is a standout, great industrial tune. Rest is very good too. Little bit more "musical" and more distorted sound than on the previous tapes.

Will Over Matter ‎– Toisesta Maailmasta tape
I love it when WOM goes ultra primitive. More interesting Siitoin sampling than usually.

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Dr Alex on May 02, 2014, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 02, 2014, 03:11:32 PM
TAINT "Hel-lo" biz card cdr
PacRec 04
One of mr. Taint's middle fingers towards audience is this. While for example GRUNT requested that the PACrec disc is pressed as many as possible, and ended up being.. was it 56 copies, biggest edition of entire series, TAINT here requested as small as possible. Hand numbered edition of 15! Damn. It's really neat live track full of violent feedback, rumbling electronics, good delay & feedback treated vocals. One could forever consider reference of oldest Sutcliffe Jugend to be something what makes people to think how it sounds like.. but it's Taint. Most definitely lives up to its legacy on this short disc.

TAINT "...I'm a whore" biz card cdr
PacRec/Bitewerks
40 copies was made and distributed most of all at Deadly Actions festival 2003, in france. And Taint's bizarre humor was that number of them was "distributed" in venue's mens toilet urinals. So not sure how many was for sale, how many given, how many urine soaked copies was taken by fans, or if those are in garbage now.. but whatever. Really good release in Taint's "final era". Tasty manipulations of vocal delays, lots of piercing feedback, sadistic noise.

Somebody SHOULD re-release all that Taint short releases on cd/tape!!!

looks like a job for industrial recollections :D
but yes it's desirable
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

F_c_O

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on May 02, 2014, 06:37:04 PM
^^^
hasn't it been said repeatedly Taint re-issues won't be happening?
Ye. As far as I remember, the master tapes are lost.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 02, 2014, 05:06:46 PMI have complete Folkstorm collection and was thinking of going through that one day, though...

Might prove to be a disappointing task. I think "Victory Or Death" is the only album that's listenable. Everything else I've heard that he's done outside of MZ has been particularly forgettable.
Shikata ga nai.

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Dr Alex on May 02, 2014, 10:31:45 PM
Quote from: F_c_O on May 02, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on May 02, 2014, 06:37:04 PM
^^^
hasn't it been said repeatedly Taint re-issues won't be happening?
Ye. As far as I remember, the master tapes are lost.

They can use recordings from released items.

We could but we're not.

"Justmeat" will  be on Urashima sometime this summer.

burdizzo

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on May 03, 2014, 02:02:06 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 02, 2014, 05:06:46 PMI have complete Folkstorm collection and was thinking of going through that one day, though...

Might prove to be a disappointing task. I think "Victory Or Death" is the only album that's listenable. Everything else I've heard that he's done outside of MZ has been particularly forgettable.

I quite agree, although I thought even 'Victory or Death' was pretty run of the mill, as well.

FreakAnimalFinland

Lets hope something, sometime, but I think not everything from everybody is absolute necessary. Especially in times when they're still creative & putting new stuff out. Sometimes even BETTER...

I think I liked Folkstorm "Hurtmusic" or what was it live in studio kind of album with rougher sound?

SHIFT "Altamont Rising" LP
Unrest
100 copies vinyl on Unrest, as addition to big CD edition on Cold Spring. Good move. I think good albums could be more often multiple format releases. CD is kind of guaranteed to move more copies, but still several will ignore release unless its tape or LP. Shift is among those who do albums more rarely, so to present is like in "old days", multiple format proper album is good. This is also possibly the best Shift yet? I must say I'm still worshipper of Shift piece on Sick Seed split, but one could say that basically this reminds of that material more than other Shift albums? Vocals are clearer. Utmost menacing tone and crackling fuzzy distortions over everything. Negativity of Shift is something quite unlike most other bands. While usual "we hate everybody" kind of underground bands often appear as just disguised group hug, in the spirit of Altamont Rising, there is something seriously malicious. Even front cover itself appears suggesting similar atmosphere as music. Getting mangled by sheer mass of violence and left behind.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

urall

Tapeworks Vol II
Tapeworks Vol IV

Really good stuff on here. I could play these on repeat all morning. I really like the fact that there are many different types of sounds on here: sparse crackling piano music, crude electronics, etc...

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on April 30, 2014, 04:32:55 AM
Every now and then I go on a Bertoia bender.

GREAT find. Had no idea Bertoia was ubu'd. That's my week sorted.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

FreakAnimalFinland

Michel Chion "Credo Mambo" 3"CD Metamkine
Michel Chion "Dix-sept minutes" 3"CD Metamkine
One of these french veterans, who can be connected to Pierre Schaeffer, being publications director for the Ina-GRM, etc. Working since 70's. First mentioned is 1992 recording, where odd cut ups, lots of religious spoken word manipulated and electronics create a piece. I guess work is hailed as very original way of composing music, yet I do prefer latter mention release from 2002, where it's less about language and spoken pieces, more about highly dynamic electro-acoustic works, including neat crashing metal objects with production standard one can associate with university professors doing this work in.. national radio studio perhaps.. heh..

FreakAnimalFinland

KOEFF "Liminal Looks" 3"CD
Unrest
If you ask me, I think Koeff was better than Institut (duo she was of) and most definitely better than Regim! Very few releases, and format choises like this. 3"CD appeals to very limited crowd. I like it. And I guess label likes it. So fuck it. If someone missed this great noisy industrial music assault simply because disc doesn't fit inside their imac or car "slide-in" -type players, I suggest buying proper CD player and stereo set. Maybe girly vocals are weakest point here, but at the same time they add the spirit that's unlike some caveman roaring voice. If people now hunt for true female industrial-noise and get all excited about Puce Mary, Pharmakon, etc, I recommend to check out this. One can still get it for price of tape. Distorted beats, rugged electronic noises, from oppressive power electronics type to hard rhythm bloodbath. Artist who never gained attention for being female, simply performing good stuff.

THE HATERS "Hearing Mud Dry" 3"CD
V2 Archief
I remember when I got this sometime 1997 or so, and it was sheer disappointment. After so many great Haters releases, to get release which is nothing but one simple electronic sound. Or lets say, we can dissect this into several different frequency levels. Bassy rumbling, mid-bass and high pitched almost oscillating sounding electronics. But nothing happens. Only thing is that tracknumbers keep changing every c. 12 seconds, but basically its just lots and lots of tracks made out of monotonic electronic tone that runs throughout the entire disc. Now I can appreciate the conceptual element of The Haters, but as experience to listen good noise - forget this.

FreakAnimalFinland

LIONEL MARCHETTI "mue" 3"cd Metamkine
LIONEL MARCHETTI "La Grande Vallee" 3"cd Metamkine
I believe Mue is very first of Marchettis works? Long before labels like Groundfault, Ausculture, Intransitive, Selektion etc put out his works. This 1993 release isn't that much of my liking. Lots of high pitched "goofy" vocalization and experimental cut up. Ok, but just not my taste due vocal style. Latter disc, 1998 is much much better. It shows his talent in mixing together voice, field recordings, electronics and create quite delicate and airy composition of these elements. Nice usage of human voice mixed together with distant howls of wolves. Those who like natural sounds in their stereos, here's good disc to go.

LIONEL MARCHETTI "Train de nuit (Noord 3-683)" 3"cd Metamkine
2002 release of late 90's works. Musique Concrete composition for one speaker. I'm quite annoyed by glitchy "snaps" appearing in cutting the stuff, but I think its intentional, as they don't always appear and sometimes it is continuous sound, like played addition to composition rather than accident in moment of edit. Trains, old records, electronics, spoken word. Slow and quiet pieces might be the best things. I think 2nd piece is better of the two songs. More subtle, less snaps, elegancy of old world trains.

FreakAnimalFinland

MICHELE BOKANOWSKI "L'etoile Absinthe" 3"CD
Metamkine
Very dramatic musique concrete works. To me it sounds like string orchestral works are being manipulated and some electronic high pitched sounds added. It operates in short pulse-like pace, where attack & decay is in crucial role. Avoids becoming really "composed" sounding contemporary music kind of stuff. Just electronic manipulations with improvised feel.

PRIEST IN SHIT "Disabled senses : In memory of luis jimenez" 2x biz card cdr
PACrec 39
Possibly best PIS recording I have heard. Don't know if its because Thomas Garrisons mastering skills or if line-up of this particular release is better than some other releases. Ramirez and someone else possibly? Slightly snotty multieffect units used, I guess, but overall just nice harsh noise release. Surprisingly fast paced and often jumping forward what makes me assume involvement with other people besides Ramirez.

FreakAnimalFinland

V/A CONTEMPORARY HARSH NOISE vol III - CONVENIENCE 2xtape
Skeleton Dust
Hostage Pageant and Obstacle Corpse really nice. Kelly Churko good and Wrong Hole quite crappy. Each project presents different side of harsh noise and I think this series really is some mandatory listening to keep up with unstoppable harsh noise flood.

CROATIAN AMOR "Genitalia Garden" LP
Big Love
Originally 7x C-10 box on Posh Isolation, which I was kind of glad to skip, as even if LP appears to be missing half of songs, I'm quite confident this LP collects all the best of the box set. Electronic music and "real sounds". Was it how they described. Certainly good album, no matter if its revisioned to fit LP format!

LACK OF INTEREST / MAN IS THE BASTARD split LP
Deep Six
45rpm power violence attack from Lack Of Interest. Good? Yes. As good as they were roughly decade ago? Nope. I think style is just about the same. Tightness is just about the same. Not much have changed, so it can me just myself expecting them to top their past achievements. Man Is The Bastard has these days very modern sound and songs are approaching epic lengths and even melodic compositions. Certainly it is the MITB we've grown listening to, especially for example the last track of the split. But at the same time the epic and atmospheric stuff like opening track is taking band to different direction. In some ways I appreciate it as route of band who still creates. Not just replicates.