PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F_c_O

Quote from: RyanWreck on June 09, 2014, 11:09:40 PM
Watched both of the latest DVDr's from "Wrath". The editing and concepts for the Unclean video is very well done, both tracks used for the video can be found on the earliest Unclean release "Obscenities" on Filth & Violence. Pogrom is a live set and recording with just intro and outro video clips, the rest of the visual documentation is of the live show along with projector playing in the background which is pretty easy to make out, at least the few times I looked over (I recognized the nigger girl in the mask drinking cum that was used in, I believe, the "Liberal Cunt" art). As far as the sounds go it is very solid stuff. I popped it in when I was doing stuff and was piqued quite a few times, something rare when said album is intended to be "background". It obviously deserves much more attention and I am going to listen again tonight with an alert ear, no distractions and headphones.
checked f&v website and unclean isnt listed yet so I take it you didnt buy it from there?

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: F_c_O on June 10, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Watched both of the latest DVDr's from "Wrath". The editing and concepts for the Unclean video is very well done, both tracks used for the video can be found on the earliest Unclean release "Obscenities" on Filth & Violence. Pogrom is a live set and recording with just intro and outro video clips, the rest of the visual documentation is of the live show along with projector playing in the background which is pretty easy to make out, at least the few times I looked over (I recognized the nigger girl in the mask drinking cum that was used in, I believe, the "Liberal Cunt" art). As far as the sounds go it is very solid stuff. I popped it in when I was doing stuff and was piqued quite a few times, something rare when said album is intended to be "background". It obviously deserves much more attention and I am going to listen again tonight with an alert ear, no distractions and headphones.
checked f&v website and unclean isnt listed yet so I take it you didnt buy it from there?
These (Unclean+one tape) will be available from F&V in due time.

F_c_O

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on June 10, 2014, 10:36:23 PM
Quote from: F_c_O on June 10, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
These (Unclean+one tape) will be available from F&V in due time.
I know, I just kinda got my hopes up for a minute or two and such thingies.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: moozz on June 08, 2014, 01:28:04 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 04, 2014, 03:25:02 PM
THE NEW BLOCKADERS "Schadenklang" LP
Hypnagogia
Jesus Christ!! Finally arrived this pre-ordered special edition LP. Took something like... 2 and half years? Probably. Long enough time to forget even when it was made.

I hope this means that Rupenus is actually shipping out all those pre-ordered records from more than two years ago! Anyone else received this or the TNB/Vomir/Haters collaboration lately? Or is Rupenus sending these only to the scene superstars? :)

I know that at least one other guy from Sweden got it too, but hard to say whether he is superstar or just regular noise celebrity, hehe..

YDINASEETON POHJOLA 1-sider 12". Finnish crush hc with lame hinkuyskä kind of vocals. Too bad hc bands of Finland has such crappy vocalists these days!
SOKEA PISTE "Välikäsi" LP. Finnish punk/indierock/noiserock whatever one should call this? Kind of good here and there and sometimes good lyrics, but at the same time goes to such areas I feel are too far from music I tend to listen. Especially this kind of vocals are what I don't care for. Few steps more into brutal, less artsy direction and you'll find Hebosagil or Throat what work much better! http://sokeapiste.bandcamp.com/
KAMPFZONE / STEELCAPPED STRENGTH "german swedish friendship" LP. Kampfzone is great. Reminds often Störkraft. Great drummer, great vocalist. Never heard bad stuff from this group. Stellcapped Stregth stuff here must be their worse stuff? At least I got something much much better. No distorton on guitars. Vocalist sounds like weeks dehydraded sore throat, hah.

ARDITI "Leading the iron resistance" LP
Equilibrium Music
Good. Not their best, I think. Martial music which sounds slightly more modern & technically advanced than earliest stuff. Perhaps more soundtrack'ish stuff..

ATRAX MORGUE "I vizi morbosi di una..." LP
Urashima
red vinyl lp in transparent sleeve with insert. Inspired by 1974 Italian movie, and lots of dialogue here over simple synth backgrounds. 1999 recording that isn't among very best of AM, but still good stuff to listen to despite all its simplicity.

DEAD BODY LOVE "Audiocide '95" LP

Urashima
A-side is absolutely great! It's easy to see why The Rita often refers this among founding elements of "HNW". Brilliant stuff. B-side with distorted drum machine beats is much much less interesting. Not total crap, but lets say, quite close to that. But simply a-side being as good as it is, makes LP worth getting!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

NICOLAS BERNIER "usure.paysage" LP
hrönir
Very good LP. Field recordings processed into very dynamic and well made sonic sculpture. Sometimes droning, sometimes quiet, occasionally it's like R&G made out of traffic noises.

MAUTHAUSEN ORCHESTRA "Dedicate to J.Goebbels" LP
Urashima
Nice LP of great industrial-noise / power electronics. Needless to say more.

LE FORTE FOUR "Le Forte Force" LP
Harbinger
Aaaarrggh!!! I think live stuff they did was very good. Bougth this 4 years ago from LAFMS fest, and waiting this long to spin it and it's plain horrible. What to say of utmost garbage collage made out of goofy talking, music pieces, electronics and such? That reading what I just wrote, could be theoretically good, but when I actually hear it, it's totally rubbish. I guess it's also its purpose, but I'm not on mood for this... Couple of seconds here and there almost work out.

Levas

Been listening to mostly RAC stuff last few weeks cause it's that time of year. Apart from that, what I remember is that

Various ‎– Cadavers' Holding Knives - very nice compilation! Especially enjoyed Ahlzagailzehguh, White Walls, Striations, Bagman, Gnawed, Botched Facelift and Swallowing Bile. But overall very good impression about this. Truly worth your money.

Deviated sister TV - murder electronics - great tape

urall

Lots of metal today:

Knelt Rote - Tresspass
Burial Invocation - Rituals of the grotesque
Engulfed - Through the eternal damnation
Krypts - Unending degradation
Kerasphorus - Cloven hooves at the holocaust dawn
Disma - Towards the megalith

Jaakko V.

Taklamakan & Umpio 'Interaxion Venenosa' LP (Wendy).

A-side is more static junk noise + electronics. B-side is pure ripping on/off murder.

Very much recommended!

FreakAnimalFinland

Today listened most of all crappy noise, so no need to comment much, hehe.. Maybe should give credit to EVIL MOISTURE LP title "If you want to fuck the sky, you have to teach your cock to fly". Ehm. Too bad its not even near as good as Evil Moisture at best.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: Zeno Marx on June 06, 2014, 10:52:02 PM
The more recent Swans songs are better live...sometimes.  The albums proper are on the uninspired side, but they nail those songs live on occasion.  Maybe they've always been more of a live band, but that hasn't been my personal experience until lately.

Quote from: eyestrain on June 08, 2014, 01:29:57 AM
Admittedly, it was aimless of me to even mention the hype, although reading Gira's pompous, but interesting nonetheless, interviews always seems to be the number one thing making me hype the music up.

Since encountering these comments from eyestrain and Zeno I've done two things. First, I went and found the Roskilde DK 2011-08-13 recording on Dime. Thank you Zeno. I then read a number of recent Gira interviews, while listening to the recording. First reaction was to laugh out loud. Especially as Swans approach the climactic "I Crawled". I can really see Gira as he describes himself – a "conductor" - bringing The Sound home. Pompous... no quarrel.  But you'd have to be if you want this kind of thing to work. Some people can pull it off, and one of those people is most certainly the man with the silver tongue.

The other thing that came through is – the reminder of - just how much I enjoy reading Gira's interviews. Clearly the man could make a career in standup, or better – even excepting the whole of the Swans early (lyrical) output – a career writing copy for bumper stickers.

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on June 06, 2014, 08:59:34 PM
Mind you, in my warped view the last true Swans album was New Mother (under the Angels Of Light incarnation)

Check out Not Alone from Swans Are Dead (later appearing on New Mother)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjuEstNMoo8

On this note, I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a live Angels Of Light / Swans recording featuring" the wonderful "Shame". A proper reading would, I feel, approach Public Castration "Anything For You" levels...

From Brainwashed.com:
Quotethis is pretty close to the album version. The biggest difference being the "Shame"! section ... live it is extended and quite intense since all 5 band members are literally screaming "SHAME"! over and over. A head nod from Gira cuts the "Shame"s off.
http://brainwashed.com/weddle/reviews/aol.html

(As to the argument that Swans are a live band, I would be inclined to disagree, even with the rather stunning Roskilde session still reverberating in the earholes. Nevertheless. It was in the summer of my thirteenth year that I heard Public Castration Is A Good Idea on (community) radio. A very fine Sunday afternoon. Recorded the shit straight to boombox, on tape, and listened almost daily until I made the vinyl purchase one year later. This was the benchmark against which all subsequent Swans were to be judged – and found lacking. ... But personally, I find the argument that a – favored – band is better live to be rather insulting. A subject to be explored another day.)
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on June 12, 2014, 07:06:11 PM
But personally, I find the argument that a – favored – band is better live to be rather insulting. A subject to be explored another day.)

Please do, as I find that idea interesting.
Shikata ga nai.

Foyer Second

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 12, 2014, 06:14:33 PM
Today listened most of all crappy noise, so no need to comment much, hehe.. Maybe should give credit to EVIL MOISTURE LP title "If you want to fuck the sky, you have to teach your cock to fly". Ehm. Too bad its not even near as good as Evil Moisture at best.

I liked that LP when it was released and listen to it right now. This is one project that a lot of people state to be better in live situation. Not just because of the usual "noise is better experienced live" but also that Andy would do better work in live situation. Not sure about that but it may be right that his live can be more intense or I should say more direct with less wandering. His live shows from past year were very good especially and I am still amazed that there is no full-length release of live only documents. (By the way, what is considered Evil Moisture's best ?)

Writing about that, I may add that I saw Kevin Drumm yesterday for the second time in a year and those shows may be better than the records that have been released. I am always taken aback with the KD's albums I get; first listen is usually disappointing, then it gets better with lots of details appearing. Still, I think something is missing on those. Because live, sure the loudness may play big part but, alike with Evil Moisture, it is the direct approach that I enjoy. There, a full-on noise storm that yet feels much composed but also able of going freely with abrupt changes. First live gig was something close to "Crowded" and 2nd perhaps was closer to harsh parts of "Humid Weather" & "Relief" with piercing high frequencies, waterfall-like noise. Again, not able to point out what made those shows more appealing than the actual recordings but I would surely buy an album that presents a collections of live set from Kevin Drumm.

Quote from: urall on May 15, 2014, 02:23:51 PM
I got about 20 Dead Machines releases bought back when they were released (Full Moon being one of them)  And actually haven't listened to them in the recent years.
But i do remember liking 'Mystery of the fall off islands part two" , 'minister to a mind disease', etc..

Thanks for the infos. I found some mp3 rips of those releases and "Mystery..." sounded more to my liking although a bit below my expectations. Still have to listen to it in better conditions, though.

FreakAnimalFinland

I like much more EVIL MOISTURE "Goo" LP from 2012. Blossoming Noise. Kevin Drumm is something I hear people praise all the time, but personally, I don't think I have heard any solo recording of him what would be even average level?

HongKongGoolagong

AXNAAR - Obscure Salo - cassette, All Dead Tapes - phenomenal brutal and fetishistic noise/black metal crossover, great music by any standards. Our cat was more terrified by this than anything since Whitehouse 'Asceticists 2006' - ears completely back, full protest.

Also enjoying from the world of the mainstream, new Lana Del Rey and Die Antwoord albums.

Ashmonger

Taint/Grunt - Schoolyard Bruises (CD, Antihumanism/Industrial Recollections): Good stuff, as was to be expected, I prefer Grunt a bit over Taint though. The Taint Venom cover is cool, but weird to here these very familiar lyrics totally out of context, i.e. in a totally other music genre.

Lion's Pride - Vlaanderen (CD, Flandria Records): New recordings from Lion's Pride, cool to see that they're still active after all these years after their last output. Good stuff, though the album is a bit better. There's also a DVD with live clips and other stuff, but I haven't watched it yet.

Kill Baby, Kill - A Prophet Returns (CD, Halal Records): So much greatness! Really good music (some of those leads!) and lyrics which are typical, though in some places leave place for some nuance, which I like. Best track is without a doubt Inbreed, lyrics make me chuckle even after having heard it 10 times. I was surprised seeing Mikko mention they have a new 7" out, sinc I thought they stopped since one of the guys killed himself.