PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baglady

SLEAFORD MODS - Divide And Exit LP (Harbinger)
Haven't heard much of their earlier stuff, but this is just as good as Austerity Dogs. At times maybe even better? "Tied Up In Nottz", "Liveable Shit" and "Middle Men" are current favorites, but I'm sure the thing as a whole is a grower.

EDWIGE - Play The Game Or Leave The Bed 7" (Release The Bats)
4€ on Discogs, nothing to complain about really. Two short nasty pieces. Perfect for stressful early mornings. Seems to stay available for next to nothing from a bunch of sellers?! Well worth the cash.

tiny_tove

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on June 23, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
Sektor 304 - Engage... Forwards boxset - great stuff. really enjoying the 7", but honestly i'm digging the cds more. the live cd is fantastic, the older tracks especially benefit from the more organic sound. the other cds are a nice mix of industrial, dark ambient, and unprocessed field recordings. glad I was able to get the box set, for those who didn't I highly recommend checking out the Live Reaction and Communiphones cds.

excellent work. really like it
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

FAMILY BATTLE SNAKE "Glass Face Island" LP
Harbinger
nice record actually. Some drone works, some less droning. Overall not too noisy, but enough to be interesting side of droning stuff.

LOCRIAN "Greyfield shrines" LP

Diophantine Discs
Best Locrian? Who knows, but possibly! I'm kind of turned off by whole guitar-drone genre what appears to be more music than noise. Here harmony is key word, but intensity grows and at best its quite monumental material. I think it's quite lame that first side ends in just about climax moment to locked groove. Turn side and stuff continues.... damn. If they would have just composed 2 solid pieces that are side length and not lazy cut from middle...

Hair Police /  Kites  "Hair Police & Kites" LP

bootleg
I wonder why the fuck someone would make these bootlegs? Isn't same "label" responsible for 16 Bitches Pile-Up and some crappy MSBR live was it?? Absolute rubbish. Live material, but... line recording from mixing table? This result utmost lack of punch, and odd balance of sounds. But most of all, on all standards, this is crap. I can see why someone would make cult items like "Crimes", "white power", "right to kill", "pleasure corpse", etc etc bootlegs, but stuff like this? You know, artists who'd probably accept offers made to them anytime and submit better material anytime. Then doing their crappy stuff without permission... who benefits?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

martialgodmask

Over the last couple of days...

Doom - Total Doom
Am Not - First Morbid Variations
Shift - Altamont Rising
Genocide Organ - In-Konflikt
VA - Defqon.1 2011 (Disc 2; mixed by Promo)

Urban Noise

Quote from: tiny_tove on June 24, 2014, 10:29:25 AM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on June 23, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
Sektor 304 - Engage... Forwards boxset - great stuff. really enjoying the 7", but honestly i'm digging the cds more. the live cd is fantastic, the older tracks especially benefit from the more organic sound. the other cds are a nice mix of industrial, dark ambient, and unprocessed field recordings. glad I was able to get the box set, for those who didn't I highly recommend checking out the Live Reaction and Communiphones cds.

excellent work. really like it

This is the reason why I do this kind of stuff!

For anyone interested, I still have boxes available.

On topic:
Prurient – "Through The Window"
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

Mikerdeath

Carcass - Heartwork
Sex Vid - Nests 7"
Sex Vid - Communal Living 12"
Moonblood - Taste Our German Steel 12"
Bacilllus - Carcinogenetics Cassette

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Urban Noise on June 25, 2014, 12:28:43 AM
Prurient – "Through The Window"

There was some good stuff in it, but overall nowhere near as good as Prurient at its best.

I recall when "Rose Pillar" came out, and I commented something on Noisefanatics, perhaps in lines of "not going to spend 100 bucks on software synth music", heh, and it pissed off good friend mr. Fernow that I'd bash the release based on couple minutes sample online. And when I finally some years later actually got the PRURIENT "Rose Pillar" 11"mLP+book set, I can understand frustration as this belongs to some of finest Prurient albums. I guess it's safe to call this album despite 11" format? Hardcover book covers with text and artwork. I know I wouldn't have bought it for 100USD, even if I can see how price is perfectly justified. Got this in trade. Liked it when I got it, and now that I listened this yesterday and today, I like it even more. Only good tracks, not far from Black Post Society or Cocaine Death (if one needs reference), but just... better. Especially there are two very definite hit tracks.

V/A ABSTRACT MAGAZINE #5 magazine + LP
1985 with exclusive interviews and tracks by SWANS, TEST DEPT, and lets say bunch of others. From techo postpunk industrialish eccetric electro-pop to whatever. Not too phenomenal compilation, though.

VASILISK "Whirling Dervishes" + "Mkwaju" LP
Steinklang
Two first LP's reissued! There are couple of songs that aren't perfect, but overall, absolutely best Vasilisk material!!! Tribal rhythms, but more gloomy and dark with industrial and few times even noise wibes, but most of all ritualistic feel. Excellent!

WHITE HOSPITAL "Holocaust" LP
Steinklang
Reissue of old WH stuff. 12"+7" + live tracks. Japanese industrial from early 80's. It is quite good, but nowhere near as good as Vasilisk stuff. Also cutting of vinyl fails in couple moments where irritating vinyl distortion hits in. Original artwork is nice, but something like typocraphy of back cover is horrid. It is certainly good release as document of past and relatively cheap price compared to hunting the originals. Don't feel I'd be ready to pay big bucks for this, but pretty good stuff to listen to.

THE GREY WOLVES / GENOCIDE ORGAN "Absolute truth" 12"
Tesco
This feels kind of long overdue maxi ep of "Catholic Priests Fuck Children". Why? Because it includes the absolute hit song of GW "Beyond Hypocricy" original album version, and rest is basically variations. Live track, new revised version titled "Absolute Hypocrisy" and one "remix". Listening basically 4 versions of one song theoretically quite different from "proper album", but still this c. 29 minute piece of wax is damn good. Each track justifies its inclusion. Original is still phenomenal piece. Live track has more rugged sound and aggressive vocals. Absolute Hypocrisy is more complex, different composition and extended in length. Nietzsche mix has also quite same sonic backbone, but its different. Nice release, but when next proper full length from GW and GO ?

V/A NOISE HELLO KITTY pic LP
Weirdness of noise and guitar songs and childlike tunes. Nice pic LP pictures (heh) and that's why I bought it many years ago from Hospital store, but don't think I ever realized its Thurston Moore and few other guys fooling around. Good in odd way, but at the same time slightly annoying.

Andrew McIntosh

I recall the debate on Noisefanatics about the price of that Pruient release. If I remember rightly, I was one of those against such a high price. Would probably still say the same today - one hundred US bucks for a book and an album? Come on.
Shikata ga nai.

FreakAnimalFinland

Yep. It is harsh price, but as said, I can see why its justified. Production costs. If it would be smaller page size or something, I'm guessing price would drop probably half. Then question that edition of 1000 books + 11"s like this would have probably about same manufacturing price, possibility to drop price to about half what it was. But which is more likely.. retail 500 sets for 100USD each or 1000 sets for 50USD each? 50,- would be nice price, though! For 100 each retail I wouldn't even risk taking single copy in distribution...

VIDNA OBMANA "1984-1986 (testament of tape)" 3xLP
Vinyl on Demand
I think old VO rules. I was also under impression that members was slightly embarrassed by their old works and refused to reissue it? Not sure if I remember correctly, but it was great that this was released. In usual VOD fashion, it's more like "best of" than anything else. What is good here, is that despite perhaps half of material is picked up from various old tapes, about half is previously unreleased material of the time. And while 1st and 2nd slab of vinyl is more of noisy and fierce industrial stuff, even bordering power electronics feel, 3rd LP is more towards their later days slowly flowing ambient. Fuzzy and blurry sound gives it extremely nice edge and takes it far far away from contemporary clean synth soundscapes. Excellent release!

FreakAnimalFinland

EMIL BEAULIEAU "America's Greatest Noise" 2xLP
Harbinger Sound
Damn! What a difficult release to listen to. I like the most side where Emil mutilates Putrefier. Then side with Pain Jerk is good as well. Both have 10 locked grooves to start with, but rest of side plays straight to end. But another LP has hand carved fake grooves in beginning and is it 10 songs each side and each song ends to locked groove. Pulling up needle every couple minutes or listening "loops" for random amounts of times. It's different and very active way of listening of course, but also consuming! I think Ron considered this his best works at the time, I think not... It's good stuff, but not his best. He has done way better, I think. This came out around the Yankee Know How tour and he did some live stuff based on playing these grooves as part of live shows. Some really good sets on that tour. One amusing case was that Ron was too tired to play show that was scheduled to happen live at radio station. He made me to step in, and play "DJ set" of using this release and some efx that I was using for Grunt gigs. Due nature of this radio station, Grunt had obviously no business to be on the bill and Harbinger boss told me to keep my mouth shut during being inside the station. Haha... I'm aware there are occasions when things are being said without considering surrounding people, so yes, I accept being treated as clueless brat if its needed to get tour rolling, hah.. Just heard gossip couple weeks ago that certain scene leaders in scotland are still disturbed about something I may have supposedly said there so many years ago. Don't remember even talking anything, but who knows.  Perhaps the cover artworks of distro merch constituted as rejectable opinions, heh. Anyways. Decent releases, especially Putrefier side what spinned today twice just because it was easily best material of the release.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 26, 2014, 12:28:41 PM
I recall when "Rose Pillar" came out, and I commented something on Noisefanatics, perhaps in lines of "not going to spend 100 bucks on software synth music", heh, and it pissed off good friend mr. Fernow that I'd bash the release based on couple minutes sample online. And when I finally some years later actually got the PRURIENT "Rose Pillar" 11"mLP+book set, I can understand frustration as this belongs to some of finest Prurient albums. I guess it's safe to call this album despite 11" format? Hardcover book covers with text and artwork. I know I wouldn't have bought it for 100USD, even if I can see how price is perfectly justified. Got this in trade. Liked it when I got it, and now that I listened this yesterday and today, I like it even more. Only good tracks, not far from Black Post Society or Cocaine Death (if one needs reference), but just... better. Especially there are two very definite hit tracks.

I remember when this came out. I bought a copy right away and was pretty pissed at myself when it was much cheaper within a year. I guess it's pretty tough release to distro.
I really enjoy the music itself, but I wish there was a bit more. For once I thought that the material could have been mastered a bit louder because with all the lathe cut scuzziness added to the sound, it just gets too scratchy at high volume. at least that's what I remember. I think the book is really very nicely done though. I remember it being discussed at the time of the release, how much normal art books go for, so in comparison the release wasn't THAT pricey. And considering what people spend on OOP Prurient tapes, the Rose Pillar is a bargain now!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

XXX

new Vatican Shadow box was 100 usd @ summer tour last month. think it was 6 cs box?seemes better deal for book. oh well, folks will buy regardless.

FreakAnimalFinland

These days it doesn't matter much. Stuff will be online sometimes soon free of charge for anyone who wants only the sound itself.

Nurse With Wound  "Brained By Falling Masonry" 12"
L.A.Y.L.A.H. Antirecords
1984 stuff from NWW. Quite musical, but dense of layers and chaotic. Include David Tibet in line-up and J.G. Thirlwell of Foetus on one side doing vocals. Other side with Laura Calland doing vocals and that side is much better. Whoever she is, don't know.

E.g Oblique Graph "Complete Oblique" 2xLP
Vinyl On Demand
2006 fuck. I was thinking of listening Hijokaidan VOD box, which is basically extended version of Zouroku No Kibyou. Just double LP with one extra LP with two live gigs. Anyways, since I got the original LP and CD, it has been in my shelves since 2006, unopened, unplayed. I opened bulging box and to my surprised, I found E.g Oblique Graph double LP stuffed inside box too. Released in same batch of stuff, pre-Muslimgauze project from 1982. So change of plans. This first. And it's good. Much much better than any Muslimgauze I have heard. As liner notes explains, rather than cut & paste, its tear & paste technique - underlining primitive nature of recordings as opposed to precision. Beats, odd sounds, noises, charming dusty electronic music & industrial feel. Good find from own record shelves, hah...