PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

K2 - Concerto Grosso: Hate Piano nice CD from Untergeschoss, dedicated to John Cage. I still have to hear an album of K2 that would be disappointing. Good, dynamic noise

Masokismi - Elaminen Kohti Kuolemaa ultraraw black metal/noise. Good

martialgodmask

Not been on much of a noise/PE/industrial trip the last couple of days, instead seeking out some new flavours and giving some old metal/grindcore discs a run-out for a change:

Blown Out - Solar Queen (http://blownout.bandcamp.com/)
Very good psychadelic/space/kraut-style jams, from UK. LP coming on Riot Season I believe, features Mike Vest (Bong) so will likely be above reproach (nothing against Mike, never met him, but there seems to be that feeling in some places) but I really like what I've heard so far.

Napalm Death - Smear Campaign
The last ND album I bought, enjoyed it at the time but going back to it now it doesn't hold a lot for me. Well-written enough, but production is too "big" to do it justice. Not as relevant to modern-day grindcore as they once were.

Napalm Death - Enemy Of The Music Business
Later-mid-period ND, a welcome improvement over the 2-3 albums that preceeded it as they found their teeth again.

cr

Over the last couple days:

- Death Squad: Porcelain Fuck Machine
- Death Squad: Radium
- Umpio: Muelas
- Jaakko Vanhala: Feral Earth
- Jaakko Vanhala: Here be lions
- Macronympha: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Puce Mary: Persona
- Ride for Revenge: Dream Inferno
- Whiteswan: Insatiable Lust
- Wertham: Tell me the truth
- Alfarmania/Proiekt Hat: Astral Slaktmask
- Hippycrack/SSRI

I'm always sad about having not more time to consciously listen all those great records I buy - but my work schedule doesn't really allow this. It's of course good to earn the money, so that I can effort the records, but otherwise it's all just a waste of time, one could use to listen to great music/watch an interesting film/read a book. - So what about you? How do you organize and arrange your leisure time? (Maybe a topic worth of it's own?)

ConcreteMascara

V/A - The Lost Tapes of Bestial Burst cassette - eclectic material unified by a consistent primitive approach. really dig the S.A.D.O.S. track.

Ride For Revenge - Enter The Gauntlet cassette - going back to King of Snakes level monotony with a more gruesome guitar tone. The Fog is Green and Pungent is an instant classic.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

aischrolatreia

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on July 07, 2014, 05:26:29 PM

Ride For Revenge - Enter The Gauntlet cassette - going back to King of Snakes level monotony with a more gruesome guitar tone. The Fog is Green and Pungent is an instant classic.

Essential album, apex of their sound for me. I was not 100% thrilled with a couple of recent releases (SADOS split, Below split), but this is definitely a massive return. Great Acapella at the end, too.

eyestrain

Quote from: vv on July 03, 2014, 04:00:08 AM
Jason Lescalleet - Much To My Demise (Kye)

Surprised to see no one mention it yet, would probably appeal to many on this board. Really blown away by this record. Can't stop playing the b side, really effective use of stops and starts, and general mastery of the tape machine.

Superb album that has gotten many, many plays here!!

acsenger

QuoteI'm always sad about having not more time to consciously listen all those great records I buy - but my work schedule doesn't really allow this. It's of course good to earn the money, so that I can effort the records, but otherwise it's all just a waste of time, one could use to listen to great music/watch an interesting film/read a book. - So what about you? How do you organize and arrange your leisure time? (Maybe a topic worth of it's own?)

I have the same problem: not nearly enough time to listen to the stuff I keep buying. I haven't been able to figure out a solution. I envy those on this forum who seem to have much more time to listen to music or read books than me.

re:evolution

Quote from: acsenger on July 08, 2014, 03:47:41 AM
QuoteI'm always sad about having not more time to consciously listen all those great records I buy - but my work schedule doesn't really allow this. It's of course good to earn the money, so that I can effort the records, but otherwise it's all just a waste of time, one could use to listen to great music/watch an interesting film/read a book. - So what about you? How do you organize and arrange your leisure time? (Maybe a topic worth of it's own?)

I have the same problem: not nearly enough time to listen to the stuff I keep buying. I haven't been able to figure out a solution. I envy those on this forum who seem to have much more time to listen to music or read books than me.

Well, I am lucky that I get to listen to music pretty much all day at work, apart from attending meetings etc (it's an office job).  With headphones I can listen to 5-7 albums a day at work and of late have been listening to artists' entire discographies back to back.  I then probably get to listen to another 2-4 albums of an evening, but my home listening is more 'tailored' when my wife is at home, noting that it will be more ambient/ electronics/ rock stuff, rather than the agressive industrial or metal stuff.  On top of that I spend my time on public transport to/ from work reading books and listening to the music, as well as a bit more reading at home.  Also when I am out being active I have an ipod shuffle going.  All in all most of my waking hours involves music being listened to - sometimes intently, sometime background, but with all the listening I do it means with anything I end up reviewing, I will be listening to it a minimum of 5 times, and more than likely 10+ times.
noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

urall

Quote from: eyestrain on July 08, 2014, 02:16:36 AM
Quote from: vv on July 03, 2014, 04:00:08 AM
Jason Lescalleet - Much To My Demise (Kye)

Surprised to see no one mention it yet, would probably appeal to many on this board. Really blown away by this record. Can't stop playing the b side, really effective use of stops and starts, and general mastery of the tape machine.

Superb album that has gotten many, many plays here!!

i really need to catch up with Jason Lescalleet releases, i've always been a big fan.

urall

Quote from: re:evolution on July 08, 2014, 06:09:49 AM
Quote from: acsenger on July 08, 2014, 03:47:41 AM

Well, I am lucky that I get to listen to music pretty much all day at work, apart from attending meetings etc (it's an office job).  With headphones I can listen to 5-7 albums a day at work and of late have been listening to artists' entire discographies back to back.  I then probably get to listen to another 2-4 albums of an evening, but my home listening is more 'tailored' when my wife is at home, noting that it will be more ambient/ electronics/ rock stuff, rather than the agressive industrial or metal stuff.  On top of that I spend my time on public transport to/ from work reading books and listening to the music, as well as a bit more reading at home.  Also when I am out being active I have an ipod shuffle going.  All in all most of my waking hours involves music being listened to - sometimes intently, sometime background, but with all the listening I do it means with anything I end up reviewing, I will be listening to it a minimum of 5 times, and more than likely 10+ times.

yeah same here. My job is being a programmer which means headphones on all day when not in meetings. And my train ride is like an hour single way, so 2 hours on train reading books/zines and listening to music as well.

FreakAnimalFinland

Finished 3x7" box set of S.P.K. Good stuff, but again, not as good as the live LP box. That is simply essential!

DAS SYNTHETISCHE MISCHGEWEBE / THE NEW BLOACKADERS  LP+7" set
Equation
Quite good, but pretty big part of album is electro-acoustic from "micro sound" perspective. Lots of small close-by-recordings, not very noisy stuff. 7" feels better than LP for some reason.

PRURIENT "Pleasure ground" LP
Load
So many times I have noticed to comment something that "sounds like Prurient pleasure ground", heh.. so it was about the time to remind myself what the album actually sounds like. And yes. It is what it is. I got this as tape version originally and I think this material works best on analogue format. CD is ok, but I think digital edge of sound gets better when saturated/softened by analogue format. Synth, tones, melodies, feedback, screams, etc... One thinks would many of projects today be what they are without this album or atleast this band...

KATAXU "Hunger of Elements" LP
OHTAR "When I cut the throat" LP
BARAD DUR "Dunkelheit" LP

all black metal from smaller, but somehow great bands. Kataxu for fans of first album era Emperor, but with more obscure feel. Ohtar for boneheaded extremists of black metal. Barad Dur for kind of "anonymous" forces of german black metal, which don't really stand apart from mass of bands, but somehow appeal me more than many big names of today. I remember I may have written some critical words to Barad Dur member years ago, hehe, but very vague recollections from days of total hate...

WHITE VOID "We're Falling" 12"

Posh Isolation
Post Punk whatever you call this. Occasionally compositions very very simple. I mean riffs themselves, more relying on effects, textures and overall mood. Sometimes more ambitious composition.

VENTA PROTESIX tape

A dear girl called wendy
Oh fuck, what a turd emerged from corners of noise I've done my best to block in my mind. Anime/hentai/computergame/4chan whatever noise from italy, that perhaps has some talent in cutting & editing, but jesus christ how shitty this "distorted nintendo game" sounds... I'm sure there is handful of people to worship this, though...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

Whatever band made cover songs, but it's originally LAST RESORT song. Check the original version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnoGnJ7DQJg
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Levas

Eric Lunde - Colorade Terrain Investigation
Eric Lunde - XCHDC / TapeDeathCult

Good to know this artist better

Vinterriket - Wege in die Vergangenheit
Vinterriket - Lichtschleier

Fun to remember this project.

TOMB - Third Wave Holocaust