PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radokaz

Quote from: Dr Alex on July 09, 2014, 12:35:38 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 08, 2014, 09:52:17 PM
Whatever band made cover songs, but it's originally LAST RESORT song. Check the original version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnoGnJ7DQJg

Great one!! Thank you!

no, that stupid nazi video has the original music by Warzone

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: radokaz on July 09, 2014, 01:30:09 PM
Quote from: Dr Alex on July 09, 2014, 12:35:38 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 08, 2014, 09:52:17 PM
Whatever band made cover songs, but it's originally LAST RESORT song. Check the original version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnoGnJ7DQJg

Great one!! Thank you!

no, that stupid nazi video has the original music by Warzone

Seems to be so! I stand corrected.

AKITSA / PRURIENT split LP
Hospital
Neither of the band is at their best here. It's not that bad, but still kind of album would be unlikely choice to do if wanting to hear either of the band.

MUSHROOMS PATIENCE "From the mountain" LP

Hauruck
I recall cd and lp versions of the album were almost completely different? Some neofolk, but mostly odd experimental music. Nothing too amazing, but occasionally decent listening.

GRUNTSPLATTER "The Passions of a cripple" LP
Force of Nature
Gruntsplatter seems to be quite low profile unit these days. Several releases on his discography, but rarely see him mentioned? I guess his sound was not in right place right tape. Nowadays people who worship for example later days SHIFT could find this very good. Some highly distorted soundscapes, but still maintaining slow and heavy quality of industrial-esque feel. Slow but extreme vocal delivery as well. There is something in band, why it never makes total impact. Could it be presentation? I don't see much consitency in his releases in artwork and stuff like this LP is quite unpleasant...

V/A HATRED IS NOTHING WITHOUT ACTION tape
United Forces of Industrial
Very good compilation that has bands of this festival on one tape. Exclusive material, and very strong contributions from pretty much everybody who are occasionally hit & miss. Overall sound of the tape seems like it's mastered through one LOUD set up, or simply result of all-on-red dubbing of tape. Certain blown-up character of sound reminds of style how labels like MSNP wouldn't be shy about boosting release to be loud sounding. For me, stand out tracks are BLACK INSIGNIA's first track and HUMAN LARVAE just to mention two. Essential comp to grab to hear current forces in their active moment and without veils of nostalgia.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 09, 2014, 04:22:04 PM
V/A HATRED IS NOTHING WITHOUT ACTION tape
United Forces of Industrial
Very good compilation that has bands of this festival on one tape. Exclusive material, and very strong contributions from pretty much everybody who are occasionally hit & miss. Overall sound of the tape seems like it's mastered through one LOUD set up, or simply result of all-on-red dubbing of tape. Certain blown-up character of sound reminds of style how labels like MSNP wouldn't be shy about boosting release to be loud sounding. For me, stand out tracks are BLACK INSIGNIA's first track and HUMAN LARVAE just to mention two. Essential comp to grab to hear current forces in their active moment and without veils of nostalgia.

Only listened to the A-side of this myself, but that Human Larvae track is excellent. The synth line is so blown out and ripping. Reminds me a bit of early Genocide Organ. And the STAB Electronics track is one of the best I've heard from him.

listening to:
Musta Surma / Bloodhammer / Annihilatus - Christian Holocaust LP - didn't click with me so much last summer when i got it, but i pulled it out again over the weekend and having really been enjoying it. Musta Surma have that classic Finnish style, but Bloodhammer and Annihilatus bring forth much cruder material to get the head banging. great music for this ridiculous July heat.

Incriminated - The Promise of Worse to Come mp3s - Incriminated is a band that never clicked with me before, which surprises me because i like pretty much everything else Harold Mentor has done. decided to download some stuff i hadn't heard and give it another shot. this album really hits the mark for me, more so than their earlier stuff that i've heard. the monotonous tempos and vocals really make the RfR connection much more clear. glad i gave this band another listen!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

eyestrain

Fejhed - Fejhed (Chondritic Sound): Surprised to have not seen this mentioned yet; Jesse from Hoax and Miss Puce Mary in collaboration. Unsurprisingly, there's a definite praise of the titans of German PE, although, this time, it isn't the most obvious references. I'd be so bold as to say that this is greater than either artist's regarded works. Good stuff!
Matteo Uggeri - Untitled Winter (Scissor Tail Editions): Varied, dense work that's somewhere between múm and Jeph Jerman.
Duane Pitre & Cory Allen - The Seeker And The Healer (Students Of Decay): I was expecting yet another Pitre-esque drone jaunt - never a bad thing - but, at least on the A-side, you get a hectic and tense assemblage of flute, piano, 49-stringed drone instrument from Allen, and Pitre's signature eastern-tinged drone. Lush, varied, and the perfect accompaniment to my day.
Matt Krefting - Lymph Est (Kye): Not much of a variation on Krefting's craft, but this is easily the most accomplished work I've heard from him yet. A flood of tape music and home recordings mingle together into an enigmatic and beautiful album.
Semilanceata - Til Fæmpte Likamans Træd (N/A): Utterly eclectic "folk music" (i.e., composed of acoustic guitar, hand percussion and harmonium) that is at least as weird as anything I could expect coming from the mind behind Wulkanaz.
raison d'être - Mise En Abyme (Transgredient): Easily the best work I've heard from Peter Andersson. Less industrial, more dismal and secular sacral muzak. Hangs on by a very fine thread without ever becoming boring or generic.
Matt Baldwin - Golden Twins (Sloow Tapes): Forever shedding his early skin of American primitive guitar, Baldwin is just getting weirder and (occasionally) better. A-side is comprised of a kosmiche jam that is nothing too unfamiliar for Baldwin listeners. B-side quickly descends into a beachland swash of distortion and echo. Hypnotic and instense. Can't say I'll come back often, but still rather enjoyable.
Maxwell August Croy & Sean McCann - I  (Students Of Decay): Gorgeous and engaging assemblage of koto and McCann's neoclassical composition. One of my favorite's of '14.

Levas

Eric Lunde - CandyhOle - good, but as with other releases, not shining through

Ethnic Acid - Power-Works 1986-88 - great double CD. Recommended

FreakAnimalFinland

I-C-K "Les Actions Rétro-Actives" LP
La Nouvelle Alliance
Nothing too special here. Retro industrial stuff from 2001-2006. Kind of good in occasion, but also lots of useless tracks. Got bunch of other stuff from project too, but never made big impact.

UN-KOMMUNITI "Black Dwarf Wreckordings" 4xLP
VOD
Got bunch of bootleg copies of various old tapes and well as the one and only 7" they did, but still having this kind of anthology of selected tracks from 1983-1985 works well! At best - or lets say, noisiest, it's not far from glory days of RAMLEH or such, but there is also plenty of tracks more based on industrial rhythms. Good stuff and one of the best VOD boxes, I guess!

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Some free time on vacation, so few, short impressions about the last monthly arrivals

VA: WE HATE YOU (A Small Tribute To Throbbing Gristle) (Jazzassin Records 1997) CD+7 "EP
I had it as copy on tape earlier and always I have wanted to possess original release.  Very good compilation release dedicated to glory of TG myth... Probably the best which I know.

Daniel MENCHE "Hymns For Sliced Velocities" (Tesco Organisation 1996) 12" EP 45 RPM
Good but nothing special. I know better his releases.

NO NECK BLUES BAND "Re: "Mr. A Fan..."" (Trade Mark Of Quality 1999) LP
A crap. This band has much more better releases. Don't buy it!

VA: INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CONTEMPORARY MUSIC: WARSAW AUTUMN 1956-1981 (Polskie Nagrania Muza 1981) 10 x LP
Nothing on DISCOGS about this huge, massive LP box. Very rare but worth to have it. Academic, sometimes to much classic, but still important to understand the whole phenomenon of experimental music.

VA: SLAVE ANT RAID (Sound Of Pig 1984) cassette
Probably the first release on MARGOLIS' label. Many unknown for me artists... Mainly old school industrial, weird rock avantgarde in childish/absurdish style. Sometimes too primitive sound but still very good document of cassette culture.

MARS "Rehearsal Tapes And Alt-Takes NYC 1976-1978" (Anòmia 2013) 3 x cassette box
I didn't know this band and Spanish label before. Both highly recommended! It seems this band was a true pioneer of "no wave" genre... They used many industrial agents in their music though sometimes quality of sound isn't satisified. Anyway still worth have it!

VA: Baku: Symphony Of Sirens - Sound Experiments In The Russian Avant Garde (ReR Megacorp 2009) 2 x CD + book
Highly recommended release! Very good documentad in music and interesting texts and uknown photos. Shame not to have...

XEEROX "1979 - 1981 Recuerdo Espectral De Un Viejo Decorado Eléctrico" (Anòmia 2013) LP
I didn't know this band before. Interesting mix-up of industrial, punk rock and some experimental sounds. Worth have it!

PROBLEMIST "9 Times Sanity" (Sordide Sentimental 1984) LP
Classic. Finally as original release in my private collection. Memories have come back...

VA: CALIFORNIA (Troniks / RRRecords / Ground Fault Recordings 2006) 10 x LP
Unfortunately, this isn't good compilation. Most of recordings is piece of shit. Probably only GX Jupitter-Larsen's track defends itself... Not recommended!

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on July 10, 2014, 04:48:29 PM
VA: CALIFORNIA (Troniks / RRRecords / Ground Fault Recordings 2006) 10 x LP
Unfortunately, this isn't good compilation. Most of recordings is piece of shit. Probably only GX Jupitter-Larsen's track defends itself... Not recommended!

Released just when the US noise scene, as it was back then, was on the cusp of the hubris it descended into. I'm not surprised at all that this compilation would be dogshit.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

eyestrain

Puce Mary - Persona (Posh Isolation): I take back what I said about Fejhed yesterday, now that this arrived in the mail...this is Hoffmeier's best offering yet. Filthy, morbid, sexy, intoxicating. Everything just sounds better, even the slew of recycled sounds she's contributed in the past somehow are more successfully placed on Persona.
Nawan - Ancient Sufi Invocations & Forgotten Songs from Aleppo (Lost Origin Prod.): Incredible, stunning album of just what the title says it is. Along with the Songs: Ohia EP box, this is the only thing worthwhile I've ever found from the fart that RSD is.
Knotwork & Fire + Ice - Live in Potsdam 05.07.2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfNPRAkkIH4): I really liked the non-electronic direction that Blood Axis was on with Born Again, so Knotwork is definitely the perfect direction for me. Hope to pick up that 7" some day. Fire + Ice live is like Fire + Ice on disc, hehe; voice and acoustic instruments. Just nice background sounds for the day. (Also available from the same source, but from the Berlin performance the next day: Knotwork - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsQMqqQlTbY. Fire + Ice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4HKFmwxws)

Zeno Marx

Thanks for those Fire + Ice links, eyestrain.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

eyestrain

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 11, 2014, 01:59:58 AM
Thanks for those Fire + Ice links, eyestrain.

Of course, one of the best neofolk had to offer!

Levas

Infamous - of Solitude and Silence - unexpectedly nice black metal.

Contagious Orgasm - Corporal - good compilation. Reminded me of how sssm was an awesome label.

Terra Sancta - Exile - ok dark ambient for fans of Swedish CMI scene and so on

Contagious Orgasm - Thin Skinned - For some reason I've constantly misreading this as Thin Skinhead. Two great long tracks

Disorder of Deadeight - Depthsounder - Now that's a discovery for me. Finnish psychedelic rock. Highly recommended

Egoproblem - Exit Tape Kill - One of the better industrial recollections I'm recollecting these weeks. Great noise

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Levas on July 11, 2014, 07:44:03 AM
Disorder of Deadeight - Depthsounder - Now that's a discovery for me. Finnish psychedelic rock. Highly recommended

I must warn that all other stuff of project is different! So if wanting to check (in my opinion) the best release, this is it. Next is already kind of techno album. Stuff before is drone / experimental, weirdo stuff. Depthsounder is indeed great stuff.

Bloated Slutbag

Apologies in advance. Was somehow pressed to Sod this one out.

Renaldo & The Loaf - Behind Closed Curtains + Tap Dancing In Slush + Rotcodism
RATL were, quite literally, a dream come true. For years I'd been suffering the cruel after-effects of a wonderful, recurrent, dream: discovering, in the hidden corners of my mind, that long lost Residents opus: weirder, darker, more lyrically obscure, more musically ingenious, than practically everything post Duckstab / Buster & Glen... only to wake up to the cold hard truth: there was no long lost Residents opus. Never would be. And I still had no idea why Hitler was a vegetarian. You'd think I'd have had a clue. Certainly the name I knew: Ralph Records duo who'd co-llab'd with Rez on Title In Limbo, producing one of the single finest pieces of "weird pop" - if such words may apply to - Monkey and Bunny. But nay! Never investigated. Dreams like these are rare enough. The sound of musical hums or squeaky wheels tends only to intrude upon my sleeping state via semi-flashback-to-live-performance-indulged-whilst-under-the-influence-of-all-kinds-of-state-adling-shite – Knurl in Tokyo, me on–either very good or very bad- shrooms, the sound acquiring a tsunami-esque acqua-blue otherworldly aura... memories of this taint are to be gleefully revisited again and again because, I swear, mon, it/they really did happen... Where the fick vas I? Oh, yes. On the shroom-like effects of the RATL listening sexperience. To those who can't stand them freakish cartoon-kimbolton-gnome voices, I feel your pain, really. But it is a pain worthy of experiencing. Music really Should Hurt. The day I came across the singular genius of Cast Iron Smile was revelatory. Then to discover that the full LP to which it belonged had never been released. I'd expected some sort of pain butt- Argh! Not only should music hurt, apparently it should brutally maim. Raw record deal my raw and ragged arsehole. Tantalyze me with good reason, will you? RATL, I hateyouhateyouhateyou! However, you know, I'm better off in my wheelchair. One things for sure, I'll never complain. Behind Closed Curtains + Tap Dancing In Slush + Rotcodism cobbles together a never-released pre-RATL LP + EP + um, Rotcodism (doctor'd crap leftover) recorded 1978-79 and then shelved for the next 35 years. Way to be, team. The team were called by another name then, but the same wacked genius is certainly only partially mistakable. The lengthy collection starts on a low note, which slowly unveils as high note only occasionally to show barest hint of recovery proper. Staggered amid shitheaps of serious-ly lengthy ambient noodle, a sprinkling of deranged dosages do draw near the Cast Iron genius. When that genius is drawn, however, the smile is more genuine- that is, less painted-on, more, um cast-iron- the voices genuine in their often-layered surreality, the ambiance with just enough room to maintain an iota of sanity. Goes out with a banger, a truly RATLesque cover of everyone's favorite seasonal classic, "Jungle Bowels". EDIT True story about the dream.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag