PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

Decimus - Kemunculan 2012 - genuinely creepy, dark, unsettling, and beautifully crafted - somewhere between worms and bioacoustics and ancient cistern aquatic - ghostly, if not all-out spiritual - I instantly associated this with Book of Wisdom's Catacombs and some of the finer moments of early Nurse with Wound - visual and filmic - 37.5 minutes of unwavering quality - unfortunately, a daunting catalog over the past three years; anyone care to recommend where to go next?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

P-K

Trepaneringsritualen-week :

Perfection & Permanence lp ...imho huge step away from the early work, less scapes, more real songs, great growling vocals, pounding deathindustrial, mastered perfectly.

Papist Pretender 2x7" ...really loved the full album, like this even better, 4 clear songs (one TMLHBAC-cover), i would even say 'catchy', bestial vocals sound even better (less distorted), nicely done poster-sleeve. Perfect for the 7" format but leaves me hungry for more :-)

loved the early more lowfi sound...but the new stuff takes it to another level. awesome.

eyestrain

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 20, 2014, 05:55:25 AM
Decimus - Kemunculan 2012 - genuinely creepy, dark, unsettling, and beautifully crafted - somewhere between worms and bioacoustics and ancient cistern aquatic - ghostly, if not all-out spiritual - I instantly associated this with Book of Wisdom's Catacombs and some of the finer moments of early Nurse with Wound - visual and filmic - 37.5 minutes of unwavering quality - unfortunately, a daunting catalog over the past three years; anyone care to recommend where to go next?

Have a few albums at home that I'm not majorly familiar with yet. Will give some listens and consider it with this one.

V/A - Själablomster (Hibiskofon): Wonderful comp with a complex mixture of field recordings, acoustics, damp industrial and that "Swedish tape noise" all present. Crisp packaging too!

Bloated Slutbag

Kommando RJF c30
Filth, in a word. Raw filth, in two. The soundtrack to the way you feel all the time. All The Time. ALL THE TIME. Slow-throbbing bass slobbers punctuated with unceremonious stabs of puked-out grit. Details emerge, punched into the all-pervasive gutter-atmos, but these, too, inevitably, chewed up, swallowed down, floater-ed out. Frankly, my dear, fuck rehab. The world can go piss on itself. From a distance, this could be a horribly gray, droning, nightmare, corroded vocal incursions welling up and washing over frayed static surfaces betraying uncertain, decayed, depths. Up close and personal, another story emerges. A kind of brutal, methodical, churning, rock 'n-roll, if you will. So too a crystallization via the occasional fragment of coherent lyric - "those about to die" being about the only thing I'm entirely sure I can make out, and that's about all I fucking need. All I Fucking Need. ALL I FUCKING NEED. Side B ventures into somewhat harsher climes, reverberant fields approaching near-psyche permutation-  only to thrash ineffectually against unyielding, claustrophobic, crud-walls. The voices grow more ragged, more degraded, degrading, demanding, speaking to you, yes you, dear world, of your frustrations, humiliations, degradations, ineffectual fits of pique, plastic silly putty fists banging against the lower extremities of an Almighty smiling down as tonsils are marinated with that hot liquid gold.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

P-K

that RJF-tape was released by ?

Bloated Slutbag

There appears to be a private edition of the LP+C30 mentioned on the Alfarmania web-site. Not sure how many of the C30s are to be / were made.
And take you for a drag

bitewerksMTB

Someone involved mentioned the boxset to me. I think he said the proceeds would go to the original member. That cassette is damn good; wish I had the LP. I missed out on it when Malignant Records had it in stock.

hkso

Amazing review...
We did it for the boxset version of the LP - fundraiser for the drinking habits of Leif Thuresson. We printed a bunch of extra covers but tape isn't officially for sale. Sooner or later there will be a CD version of the LP where these tracks should be included.

aischrolatreia

RE: Kommando RJF C30: Truly fucked release and that review does nail it, basically nothing left to say there.

Past few weeks:
V/A Hatred is Nothing Without Action- Great comp. Great to hear ice cold stuff like AM NOT followed by such burning noise as UMPIO.This led me to go back to "We Gave Them The Future and they Wanted the Past"- Worth it for the STAB track alone
Shiver/Sterile Garden- Candle Burning Magic Nice tape with a good variety of sounds.

Ecoute La Merde- Diazépam et autres benzodiazépines Brain surgery on xanax in tape form. Great. Diazepam is a label to support.

Baymon- Forrutnelsen Obscure necro rattling..Blown out feedback dominated recording. guitars, synth, vocal, fuck knows what else played(abused) very loudly in a  drainage tunnel. Cult

Prurient-Rubber Bullets- Golden age of prurient for me

Caverne- Des Tréfonds Du Haut Bois & Chants Des Héros Oubliés Proud French BM in the style of Kristallnacht/etc with some more stomping Oi approach. Extremely well done and needs to be heard by more.

Vapaudenristi- Ei Maata Ilman Kansaa & split w/ Pagan Skull Great Oi!, I had some strange gut feeling about who was involved due to the layout of the LP, and that was confirmed recently with a live video. Would certainly welcome an english translation of the lyrics, the songs are just too good. Anxious to hear the next stuff from this band.

Ashmonger

Pissdeads/Deathwank (7", At War With False Noise Records): Well, noisecore will never be my favourite genre, but I can't help to be intrigued by some of it. And stuff like this split, is nice. When all instruments are audible (and it's not just some muddy mess with screams on top of it) and it does actually sound powerfull and chaotic, that's fine with me.

Race War - The White Race Will Prevail (CD, Micetrap Records): Heard some tracks online (probably after it was mentioned here, not certain) and vocals are really good, while some tracks are very good and others are less interesting. Nice layout as well.

Youngland - Winter Wind (CD, Panzerfaust Records): Honestly, I listened to this on Grooveshark after learning about the shooting and to my surprise, this is actually pretty nice music. Not all tracks are equally great, but I like the variation between the calmer parts and other parts which trash it out pretty good. Funny in a way that it's actually the guy who did the shooting who is singing the track 'Activist or Terrorist'. Talking about being consequent.

Final War - We Speak The Truth (CD, ?): Some nice melodic punk. Don't know too much about this kind of music, but it's nice, with some fun sing-along parts. Somehow I feel I wouldn't be too much interested if it wasn't for the content, but there's something about this whole 'we make fun nice-sounding music about hateful stuff' that makes me like it (well, some of it, most of this stuff still doesn't do it for me), even though I don't exactly agree with a large part of the lyrics.

The Nothing - Tombs of Nothing (tape in oversized case, Obscure Vanity Records): The problem with this kind of stuff is that sometimes, such as the A-side of this tape proves, there's so much deep sounds and not much else going on that even though you turn it up loud, I still don't seem to hear much. Except for what sounds like the tape rolling, so that's not very enjoyable. The B-side however is nice Black Noise. Great layout for this tape.

S.E.X./Unpeace - Noisecore/Major Threat (7", Obscurex?): From S.E.X. I heard the tracks on the Suomi Finland Noisecore compilation which I liked, then I got the Blasphemous Noise CDr (which had a great layout by the way), which was the kind of noisecore I don't like: one mess without recognizable instruments or anything. Good thing his tracks over here are more like the ones on the compilation. Unpeace sounds more chaotic than on the tape, if I'm not mistaken (been a while since I heard the tape). This will certainly get more plays.
With this and the Deathwank/Pissdeads 7" my hunger for noisecore is stilled for a while again, hehe. Looking forward to more Intolitarian material though, especially the split with Nihilist Commando.

Shiver/Sterile Garden - Candle Burning Magic (C40, Diazepam): Shiver starts with a great atmosphere piece, then goes into some slightly harsh part, with some industrial like sounds, later there's a part with some sample. Then later there's a part that's more Harsh Noise, with some atmospheric sounds in the background. So, quite some variation on his side, but all going from really good to definitely enjoyable. Sterile Garden is more drone, variation here too, but I think the Shiver side is the best one.

tiny_tove

Lion's law. French apolitical/sharp band. possibly the best OI! records I have listened in a long while. Prettz close to some American bands of the Us of Oi* era.
Features members of HardXTimes, Komintern sect, etc,
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

eyestrain

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 20, 2014, 05:55:25 AM

I think you may enjoy Decimus 11 that came our on Digitalis around the same time. They like to play with harmony sometimes on other albums, but this one stays 95% away from that and is the more cryptic, darkened sounds like on Kemunculan.

Decimus 9 is also very much like this. Stays avant generally the whole way through.

The tape on Brave Mysteries, my first listen to them, gets a good bit louder and dissonant, but you may find that one enjoyable as well.

Zeno Marx

Thanks, eyestrain.  I'll look for those.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Bloated Slutbag

^Thank you good sirs for the Decimus tips. Found Kemunculan on Bandcamp and it does everything it's supposed to, though I'd have to say that none of the others I've sampled has impressed to quite the degree. One may nevertheless discern a fairly specific aesthetic at play, slow moldering tape worms bogged down in an often dirge-like proceeding. Someone - possibly Murano - has tagged several of the releases with words like "conrad schnitzler", "maurizio bianchi", "throbbing gristle", which may or may not offer an inkling as to where the project is coming from.

I see here that I've also bookmarked Decimus 9... others included the split with Hobo Sonn. Decimus i starts out nice but immediately starts to unravel on the second track, and the same seems to holds true for several other releases. Kind of on the fence but will no doubt eventually grab them all.
And take you for a drag

eyestrain

V. Sinclair - Memoirs Of A Twin (Unseen Force): Indulging in this over at the U.F. bandcamp (anyone got a copy for sale!?). Really gorgeous, really lush, really introverted tape based around scrap play on downers and some bedroom synth melodies. What I always hope for Posh Isolation tapes to sound like...
V/A - Incapable Of Change: Summer Scum 2014 (https://summerscumnoisefest.bandcamp.com/): Getting myself all amped up for this weekend. Not that I wasn't excited already, but...