Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

online prowler

July listing: 1982 vs 2014:

Monoton - "Monotonprodukt 07" (1982)
Erik Aschan - "Tre" (2014)
GRIM -  ''Vital 1983 - 86'' (2014)
BOHACK - "It took several wives" (1982)
Various Artists - "Feeding Its Young From Its Own Breast" (2014)
S.T.A.B. Electronics -  "INSTRUMENT FOR OPERATING ON MUTANT WOMEN" (2014)

eyestrain

Sudden Infant - Inner Storm (Blossoming Noise): My first sit-down with Lanz. I realize what I've been missing; absurd, sexual, harsh, discombobulating. In thirty minutes he conjures up so many perfectly spliced moods and makes time slow w-a-y- down. Time to start hunting for more!
Antoine Chessex - Fools (Tourette/Blossoming Noise): Only other release I know is Multiple on Musica Moderna, and that one is blatantly composed with saxophone - and amazing! This too, conjured up through the sax, but you would never, ever know. There is a short moment on the B-side where you start to realize the source of this dense, and very harsh, recording, but it almost seems necessary for a peak at it; otherwise this is almost just any other droney-noisy piece. It's a bit better than that though, I have to admit. Got two plays back-to-back when I first put it in the deck. Really good!

Levas

Maldur atai - Umbra Nihili I - decent compilation of remixes of now defunct I think Lithuanian industrial band. Good.

SSRI + Nunnauuni - great tape! Different approaches to noise, but both works very well. SSRI is known for all that murky etc. stuff, Nunnauuni was new for me - nicely moving and evolving noise.

Hippycrack / SSRI - Not so different artists than from the previous tape and I don't know if it's good or no, but the tape is worth the time. Both artists = enjoyable.

Other than these - plenty of mediocre stuff or releases that I've forgotten how they sounded..

tiny_tove

Rome - varius stuff... Really like how Jerome is capable of keep loyal to a traditional neo folk mood and expanding it in an almost limitless way.

Looking forward for the box.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

deathcamp

SKIN CRIME "Monster" Case History number 9 of the Murder Series
Self Abuse
Dark electronics to harsh noise, a very possessed, frantic mood grow during this excellent recording.

eyestrain

Quote from: deathcamp on July 28, 2014, 11:07:56 PM
SKIN CRIME "Monster" Case History number 9 of the Murder Series
Self Abuse
Dark electronics to harsh noise, a very possessed, frantic mood grow during this excellent recording.

A favorite! And one of the best in the series. Might have to choose Mlehst over this by just a hair.

eyestrain

Michael Barthel - Stapel. Efeu-Fährten (Tochnit Aleph): Out of three listens so far, I've only heard this while sleep-deprived or physically-strained - so my judgment is a little skewed still. But if I'm hearing this correct, this is one doozy of a disc! The source of the sounds: I'm not so sure, but I feel like I'm being mentally suffocated amongst sheep, amongst crowds, amongst overexerting media blitzkrieg. All funneled in and through some kind of Xanax sound-poetry. Instead of Schwitters/Merz absurdities, you've got aesthetically pleasing works. (Somehow! Maybe it's the blown-out nature of the recordings). Just a surge, and then not a surge, of dreamlike spaces. Could easily see this being placed atop many an art film. Solid album all the way!!
Wolf Vostell - Dé-Coll/age Musik (Multhipla/Tochnit Aleph): Guilty by association but proven innocent. I expected something ala Paik from these recordings, but I think anyone with an appreciation for 80's industrial tape music could find quite a lot to enjoy herein. Spliced up radio signals, un-manipulated recordings of spaces, tape hiss, white noise, voiced sped up and slowed down. It's all very distant and engaging in its own way. My only complaint is that every track is essentially a 3-minute snippet and it's usually cut rather abruptly.
Abigor - Leytmotif Luzifer (Avantgarde Music): I know I'm in a minority for adoring Abigor's modern efforts, but this one is a total shredder. I'm a little saddened by the absence of electronic elements, as I always felt like they heightened the overwhelming aspect of the music. Still, it's good they didn't go full-on techno with this so who am I to complain? The production's way less "clicky" and the drums finally sound fantastic. Bass playing is still insane and highly enviable. Guitars are very much in the vein of the last decade or whatever. There's even a few elements that are maybe a little too "familiar". Nothing like the landmark that Fractal Possession was simply for the fact that they've already carved their niche.
G*Park - Reuters (Tochnit Aleph): Not sure that this goes anywhere that Zeier hasn't already, but I think G*Park can be forever magnificent so long as you keep listening sessions spaced out enough. He's also always very smart with album lengths; they're always over at a perfect moment - never overstaying their welcome. So, what you have here is 30ish minutes of abject decay through field recordings and mic play. Steady rumble versus disattached atmospheres.
Moniek Darge - Crete Soundies (Kye): Sought to check this out because Kye is always either really great or a total miss. Also spent a year of my youth in Crete while my father was in the service; since this was supposed to embody a spirit of Crete living and passed, I thought there's some good potential. And it's there - at times. The recordings can be very cryptic and "far-off" creating a very surreal and desolate mood. At other times, Darge's, or someone's voice totally kills it. The atmosphere just stops. Certain other sonic moments have a similar effect. Not much of a "Cretan experience" - not that I'm really one to know. Not sure if Moniek has a penchant for quirkiness - judging by a quick google image search, I think she does - but that stylistic choice nearly ruins all three tracks. Pass...

Levas

Volksmorg - Russian girls worship Satan - will be released this friday on Turgid Animal. Shitty drunken noise.

Permafrost ‎– Vergewaltigt & Verflucht - German bm. Mostly cliche, but has some nice moments. What was the year when suddenly loads of bm bands started coughing, spitting and crying in their records? Shining were pioneers?

Akitsa ‎– Au Crépuscule De L'Espérance - nice bm

urall

In anticipation of the upcoming Altar of Flies records i'm on a AOF trip at the moment. So much awesome material!
And when i'm not listening to AOF, i'm going through these https://www.youtube.com/user/VoyagerPWS/videos

FreakAnimalFinland

V/A "IL SIUM E IL VENCUL" LP
Sin Organization
Holy shit, this is awful stuff. I kind of like Tempesta Noire track what sounds kind of RAC ballad meets neo folk tune, but all sorts of goth/synth/dark pop whatever.... Not for me.

ASTRO / FAMILY BATTLE SNAKE split LP
Pan
FBS is not too good here. I think cutting itself might be surprisingly bad for being PAN release? Normally they are crystal clear and strong cuts. Now seems like all the high volume moments crackle and have kind of unwanted distortion. Who knows if that really is in the recording, but appears more like vinyl fails. Astro side is synth improvisation noise. Sometimes you hear like he goes to bad direction, and quickly corrents synth settings back.. heh.. But still kind of session where someone just checks out what machine can do. Successful to certain point. First I thought this was collaboration LP, but appears to be just split.

EVAN PARKER / JOHN WIESE "C-Section" LP
PAN
cutting here is very good. And perhaps this becomes among favorite "free jazzy" noise records of mine? Studio live collaboration mix of noise and saxophone noise, and one of the rare records I feel they blend well and contribute eachother! Recommended.

WHITEHOUSE "Birthdeath Experience" LP
Very Friendly/Cargo
Always classic stuff. So disturbing sounds and vocal styles it's hardly ever matched by bands of current age.

RAPOON "Ghosts From A Machine" 3xLP

Vinyl On Demand
early-mid 90's stuff from Zoviet France member doing ethnic ambinet / loop muzak. Bongo drums, afro & eastern vibes, most calm and slow paced stuff is the best. Faster and more loop dominated least exciting. All in all, pleasant listening, but just like Rapoon CD's, I can't really see myself returning to these too often.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Arktau Eos ‎– Ai Ma Ra 2xCD - got this last August and according to iTunes I've played it over 200 times since then. I guess the number is highly bolstered by the fact that I listen to it before bed every night, but this just such a perfect album to me, especially the first disc. I've heard a lot of the Halo Manash and Arktau Eos material proceeding this which is really good, but the sound is generally a lot busier. here it's much closer to drone than ritual ambient or whatever Arktau Eos is normally referred to as. really I can't get enough of this album though. too me it's the sound of half sunken underground passages and crypts without any of the faux-macabre feeling in most dark ambient / drone stuff. just perfectly balanced organic sounds.

Dissecting Table / Sektor 304 - Utopia/Decay LP - still trying to wrap my head around the Dissecting Table stuff. Sektor 304 really grabs me though. the addition of Martin Bladh's vocals is very nice. I heard a lot less of the Godflesh influence and more pure industrial here. Very nice looking packaging to boot.

given that's its hot and sticky outside been feeling a lot of Japanese psych lately too.
White Heaven - Out CD
The Stars - Perfect Place to Hideaway CD
Boris - Smile 2xLP - pretty much my three favorite summer albums. Michio Kurihara shines on both releases. pretty much my favorite guitar player of all time.
Flower Travellin' Band - Made In Japan CD - Satori may get universal praise but I think this album is even better. like some amazing cross between Hendrix and Black Sabbath. I wish I knew about this band sooner.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

eyestrain

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on July 30, 2014, 05:21:30 PM
EVAN PARKER / JOHN WIESE "C-Section" LP
PAN
cutting here is very good. And perhaps this becomes among favorite "free jazzy" noise records of mine? Studio live collaboration mix of noise and saxophone noise, and one of the rare records I feel they blend well and contribute eachother! Recommended.

Wiese really helps to make this an exciting album. I think if it were just Parker, I wouldn't want to hear more than a biz-card CDr's worth, haha.

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on July 30, 2014, 05:41:39 PM
Arktau Eos ‎– Ai Ma Ra 2xCD - got this last August and according to iTunes I've played it over 200 times since then. I guess the number is highly bolstered by the fact that I listen to it before bed every night, but this just such a perfect album to me, especially the first disc. I've heard a lot of the Halo Manash and Arktau Eos material proceeding this which is really good, but the sound is generally a lot busier. here it's much closer to drone than ritual ambient or whatever Arktau Eos is normally referred to as. really I can't get enough of this album though. too me it's the sound of half sunken underground passages and crypts without any of the faux-macabre feeling in most dark ambient / drone stuff. just perfectly balanced organic sounds.

Would have to agree with every word you said; the strongest release from Aural Hypnox! I'd call Halo Manash's Taiwaskivi a close runner up. There's a few jarring moments that keep it from being good bedtime music. Even after a few heavy sessions with liquid THC and inevitably falling asleep, I still woke up when that "wooden rattling" would happen - and probably one of the more interesting sounds on the whole disc.

N/A - Musica Moderna Showcase 25/11/11 (Musica Moderna): Was fortunate enough to receive this as a freebie from a Discogs seller. The title says it well enough... According to the Coda Lunga gallery's website, Carlos Casas, Stefano Pilia and Ottaven performed. I can easily hear Casas and Pilia, but Ottaven (seeing as he puts out quite a lot and its often very, very different) is a bit harder to pick up on. Also not sure if this is a mashup of previously recorded works, fresh recordings, a collaboration or just individual pieces. Field recordings, essentially untouched, are the red thread through both sides of the tape. The A-side nearly ends on a harsh drone that overpowers everything (Ottaven?) and the B-side is composed of nothing but water recordings. Each side is titled after a latitude and longitude coordinate; the first one being a shopping plaza (?) in China and the second one being on/in the Piave river (obviously) in Italy. Really great tape!

FreakAnimalFinland

THE RITA "Womens Vocals" LP
Urashima
Crackle studies like some of other recent stuff. Best track of LP is online too. Others have even less. Not for my taste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsWcbYSHi0k

MAUTHAUSEN ORCHESTRA "2nd movement" LP
Urashima
Perhaps the laziest and least exciting MO reissue? Quite dull noise tracks which appear often made with synth/delay kind of combo and other times perhaps just radio static?

MASKA GENETIK "Strada" LP

Galakt Horro
Good, but not among the best. Very much "GH" label spirit here. Beats, rhythms, rotten synths, vocals. Never too noisy, but barely dance record either.

BLOOD AXIS "Gospel Of Inhumanity" LP
Storm/Tesco
Much better than I remembered. Some hit songs here. Should put this on turntable more often!

M.B. "Regel" LP
Urashima
Due amount of shitty MB releases, I have started to build almost defence mechanism against listening any MB. But this is good. Can't deny it. More calm and gloomy industrial stuff, but aged well, still works!

THE RITA HN

QuoteMAUTHAUSEN ORCHESTRA "2nd movement" LP
Urashima
Perhaps the laziest and least exciting MO reissue? Quite dull noise tracks which appear often made with synth/delay kind of combo and other times perhaps just radio static?

Knowing Mikko and his tastes, I can definitely understand his comments in regards to this recording, but personally I have been playing this vinyl version of MO's concentrated masterpiece on repeat since it arrived.  I LOST IT when I found out that Cristiano had a handle on re-issuing this.  Again, so fucking powerful that someone was laying down foundations for distortion obsession in 1983(!?).  There is Philip Corner in the late 60s, etc. but I like think this was one of the first times someone was already concentrating on further abstracting the burgeoning very early underground PE / HN movement.  I can only imagine what it would have been like personally as a kid to hear this in grade school.  A childhood best friend's brother who was a college DJ in the 80s made us a tape of Skinny Puppy, etc. when I was in grade five and we thought that was 'scary', 'harsh', etc.  I love to imagine how fucked up we'd be if he made us a mixed tape of Whitehouse, Ramleh, MO, etc. back then.

FreakAnimalFinland

Lets say less exciting MO, but still certainly justifies the 3mm slice it takes from record shelves! It's true, 1983 - it's damn early to make such a noise walls. But as said, for my tastes, perhaps basically all MO hits harder.

Listened also GENOCIDE ORGAN "s/t" 2xLP (tesco) after those items, and safe to say best material today. Of course it's old stuff, and guaranteed industrial-noise injection straight into brain. Less "catchy" tracks and more blurry versions of some classics. One could say many tracks were later better versions on :REMEMBER: but they work here well. Some utterly intense vocals. Highlights could be tracks what are mostly known of this release and not re-recorded later on.