PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDROPHILIA

I'm listening to the reprints of Kranium (Urashima). Project that I had not known at the time of slaughter prod. surprisingly reminds me of another old Italian project called Tombstone.
cool vintage ambient.
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

m.

some recent trades favourites:

Uncodified / Wertham - Vindicta I & II : Corrado is great in shaping sounds and Marco always delivers in vocals - concept- samples etc....
Alchemy of the 20th Century - Beauty Of Aesthetic Imperfection: this is simply amazing!
Caligula 01 / Le Cose Bianche - split cd: rough PE from both, good stuff.
Culver / Black Leather Cop - split tape : Culver is a long droning synth/organ track, quiet & psychedelic stuff. He has a very long discography: any recommendations? BLC is more noisy, with raw loops, field recordings etc.. both very good.

J_D_H

Quote from: m. on December 04, 2014, 12:10:52 PM

Culver / Black Leather Cop - split tape : Culver is a long droning synth/organ track, quiet & psychedelic stuff. He has a very long discography: any recommendations?

Can't really go wrong with Culver but here are some of my favourites:

Couple of great releases this year - Vampires of the Third Reich 3xCS and the Plague Hand 2xCS being the pick of the bunch for me - gorgeous lo fi walls with the occasional bit of acoustic guitar here and there.
Hand of Ice cdr on bass frequencies (2008 i think) - starts of with some finger picked guitar before morphing into a massive warm drone.
Black Acid Confession CS (2007) - dark, harsh and minimal low end wall.
The collabs with La Mancha Del Pecado are pretty tasty too - the At War With False Noise CS from earlier this year being the pick of the bunch for me.

RyanWreck

Civilian - Unclean - (True Force/Pain Electronics 2009) - Was listening to this today on my way home from work, got stuck behind an accident so I got to appreciate more than I thought. It sounds different to me now than it did before, when I did my previous review. I suppose this isn't really surprising. I get a 70's feeling from it all. The sex isn't the usual violent or perverse strain like with other similar material from Liver Mortis or Pleasure Fluids, it's just good old fashion sleaze, the violence is cocaine fueled. It's Jake VanDorn, backrooms of adult book stores, Liverpool Library Press incest story books, hairy chests, bikers, raunch, that type of thing. The samples of odd music in the backgrounds on Side B (i believe) spotlights this aesthetic even more in my head; listening to the crackling local radio station while cruising the bars in some shitty hispanic neighborhood in New York city. The drugged out pimp looking motherfucker on the cover art just adds to this.

Scat-O-Logy

Forward "Infinite Momentum, Infinite Tension" (Self-released, 20 copies)
Forward is one of the rare harsh noise projects that are almost static but still manages to keep me entertained throughout its full playtime. I'm totally amazed as to how far JCP has taken the idea of "Forward". It's like he worships and fetishizes the idea of slowly forward moving droney noise and the tension it brings. I like concept albums and when the concept and sounds meet, it's totally supreme combination. I think JCP has succeeded very well on that department.

Side B of my tape has very strange panning choices. At times one of the channels goes almost silent and then returns again. That could easily be due to the recording being mixed with "broken Tascam mixer" or simply intentional but I'm not sure...

Shame that I discovered JCP's material so late. I did check his sounds when he first started posting here and enjoyed what I heard but never went as far as buying something from him. In other words, need more Forward!

tiny_tove

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 06, 2014, 06:07:59 AM
Civilian - Unclean - (True Force/Pain Electronics 2009) - Was listening to this today on my way home from work, got stuck behind an accident so I got to appreciate more than I thought. It sounds different to me now than it did before, when I did my previous review. I suppose this isn't really surprising. I get a 70's feeling from it all. The sex isn't the usual violent or perverse strain like with other similar material from Liver Mortis or Pleasure Fluids, it's just good old fashion sleaze, the violence is cocaine fueled. It's Jake VanDorn, backrooms of adult book stores, Liverpool Library Press incest story books, hairy chests, bikers, raunch, that type of thing. The samples of odd music in the backgrounds on Side B (i believe) spotlights this aesthetic even more in my head; listening to the crackling local radio station while cruising the bars in some shitty hispanic neighborhood in New York city. The drugged out pimp looking motherfucker on the cover art just adds to this.

i want this!!!!
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

TS

Quote from: tiny_tove on December 06, 2014, 02:53:39 PM
Quote from: RyanWreck on December 06, 2014, 06:07:59 AM

i want this!!!!

This tape is fucking killer.
Kropper uten Mellomrom

anomalie

Stratvm Terror - Fixation (Old Europa Cafe)

Stratvm Terror - Genetic Implosion (Old Europa Cafe)

Yummy.

Heiko Laux - Fernweh (Kanzleramt)

Great "comeback" album.

Jaakko V.

Vanessa Amara - Both of Us / King Machine (LP, Posh Isolation)

Organ, guitar, tape loops, synth (?). Beautiful and rather restrained harmonies of a few well chosen notes. Arvo Pärt is possibly an influence of theirs ('Pari Intervallo' comes strongly to mind etc.). Sounds also partially like '90s Autechre on primitive instruments, heh! Compositionally not quite at Pärt's level though, but therein lies also a big part of the charm of this. Somewhat rugged and unrefined, not a big surprise when taking into account their label. Much recommended.

bitewerksMTB

TRERIKSROSET "Heteronormativ Musik for Att Strarka Medelklassens Sjalvbild" tape- lots of crunchy low-end rumbling & feedback that sounds "broken" (the word that kept coming to mind while driving to the local bike shop). I like the cute pink cover.

DETERGE "Accrete to Me" tape, New Forces- s1 is okay but it's s2 that everything comes together. Unfortunately, no vocals.

Vermin Marvin

MITB:Bastard Noise / CSMD: split LP (Streak)
If my memory serves me straight, the ones i have heard CSMD before have been faster and perhaps more brutal noisecore but on this recording it is rather
mid tempo with heavy synth using space adventures with quite good sound quality that drag you along so it is not bad thing at all.. and great theremin solo find its place here too.

MITB:Bastard Noise = More like Bastard Noise here,hell.. just worship the skull.
Bell´s and whistles, TrogoTronic synths and sear bliss.
very deep and dark vocals over the dank ambience lift this one of my favourites BN recordings.. but prob say that for every new MITB/BN release.

MITB:Bastard Noise / Bloodred Bacteria: From zero to hero and blackwards one-sided 12″ (Streak)
Starts with more Bloodred Bacteria`s grinding and then slowed down to ManIsTheBastardish level before taking trip to Bastard Noise world and ends left waiting something that blown all to bits.. but that never come, still well worth to pick.

If need to mix MITB/BN with grind/fastcore this works muuch better than collaboration with Brutal Truth earlier this year that sounded somehow over glued and weak, sad to say because love both bands.

Vermin Marvin

Eugon Paskat - Ylistaro haisee 89-90 (Fart)
bootleg of 100 piece release that was also 100 released year or so before, expectations was high like Kuolema,Maho Neitsyt or Puhelinkoppi but too clean shit to even speak about those bands..prob some PC squads stress release project.. some good farts on booklet though.

Vermin Marvin

Just tried to check CSMD sort of 7" discography CD-r i have to give it spin and do some memory checking and these stick with my hands at the same.. maybe not too current but feel need to give some words for them..

Iron Youth - hatred is the cure CD-r (worldnihil,1st&3rd edition)
Strong with output and with song titles like Jew, Niggerblood and Racewar give little hint where influences might became to this Power Electronic killer and that is not bad thing at all.
these would earn to be be released on some more durable format too..even it seems that i have two copies of them, first have lyrics and some pictures to get in the mood.. and third is just packaged and clued carton but looks kinda neat tho.

Streetmeat - Trail of Death CD-r (Nefarious Activities - 04)
Rough gulf coast Pe, lots of things happening but still keeping it on rhytm and painfull vocals blend well for the dirty output.. two from six songs are live from different locations but blend well to entirety.. need to check out other releases from artist too.

Assault Guard - amputation nation CD-r (H.A.S.H.01)
Grainy black and white covers with amputations and bondage stuff works well as always and sound is pretty much same..
Grainy synth work and some twisted clips on here and there recorded analog and sound is overall pretty low rumble with twist of high pitch but all in good "harmony" even that aren`t maybe best word to define this record.. nothing new but very enjoyable noise.. over 10 minutes tracks without vocal makes this easy backround example for reading.

.. and yeah CSMD have always been great as i remember.
RAW GORILLA GRINDNOISE FROM OUTER SPACE

implicitruin

Arv & Miljö "Kropp", LP (Posh Isolation)

Arv & Miljö shows a whole new side with this LP. Gone are the noisy parts. The focus is instead on field recordings and minimalist synthesizers. Perhaps even more stripped down than before, not just in terms of sound, but also in its overall approach: I believe that this might be a good example of art-imitates-life. Very personal. My favorite tracks are the ones on side B. "Allting passerar" is, soundwise, perhaps the calmest track on the album. Yet, it has this subtle intensity, simmeringly brooding. Isolation, longing and loss. Cinematic in a way. The final track, "Monotoni för helning", has a slight Burzum-esque feel to it. Repetitive synthworks that fits excellently as the final track. It ends on a different note however, a bit akin to the previous track. In conclusion: a mature and – as previously stated – highly personalized record.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: anomalie on November 14, 2014, 08:46:50 PM
Brighter Death Now - With Promises Of Death (Familjegraven)

Yummy.

Not bad. Listened this few times, acknowledging that it must be recorded with computer/digital recorder, and especially samples appear much more clear than in past. But also music lacks that old suffocating sound. But at the same time thinking: It doesn't matter much. In this case, the core of BDN is still pretty much exactly the same as we have known to expect from BDN. It perhaps doesn't belong along classics of BDN, but it is also enough different and good to justify inclusion to collection.

V/A MUU FOR EARS #9
Muu Artists' Association
Hmm.. was it week ago discussion about "academic" vs. other experimental sound. Lets say, if I'd be about to collect the best things of Finnish and Norwegian sound, I could guarantee none of content of this compilation would be in. Muu Association has gallary in central of Helsinki, and perhaps some could know it for quite recent Tom Of Finland exhibition. Most often smaller profile stuff there. This CD series has been partly CDR's and lately CD's. This CD was published in connection of Supermarket Art Fair in Stockholm 2012. Amount of logos from sponsors and whatever is huge. Supermarket Art Fair. Nordic Culture Point, Suomalais-Norjalainen Kulttuurirahasto, Taiteen Keskustoimikunta,...... pffffffff, jeesus! And what we have here, is slim-jewelbox packade disc with no artwork. Just front with compilation name and inside tracklist. Starts with norwegian Marieke Verbiesen playing Nintendo Gameboy and some loop program was it? Utter shit. Fuck nintendo sounds. Antti Nykyri does computer time-stretch manipulations and ambient/techno. Joonas Siren does poly-rhythmic version of drum&bass. Younghusband is the first one actually be any good, but also follows playful but semi-ok work by Hemmelig Tempo and Mikko Haapasalo doing digital electronic music what could be soundtrack from science-fiction film. Aleksi Myllykoski does actually pretty decent stuff, but so obvious and clear sound somehow removes a lot of charm and character from otherwise quite neat sound-collage mixes of field recordings, piano, turntable noises, time-stretch manipulations. Trond Lossius does also very digital sounding piece of sampling female choir music and something what appears like ocean waves or simply "cut-off" manipulations.
Few bonus tracks are thrown in. Why they are considered "bonus tracks", I have no idea. Nintendo girl returns with shitty live set and more songs and Mikko Haapasalo does his thing with digital sound manipulations.
Whole compilation is mastered by Petri Kiljuntausta, who has written several books about experimental music. There is also one huge book in English about 50's/60's early Finnish electro acoustic music.
Anyways, of course most of these people probably don't fall into "academic" in way of being professionally trained musicians from university or such, but as members artist associations, as part of state/organization funded art projects, etc. it's that different group of sound artists. And not that good, if we put them next to the better sound makers of Finland or Norway...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net