PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urall

Quote from: Zeno Marx on February 08, 2015, 07:18:08 PM

Are there any good early live recordings of Napalm Death? Or live videos with good sound?

that official video they released in 1990 is pretty good -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54Yt4wg7RE

jadderly

Quote from: Zeno Marx on February 09, 2015, 02:06:42 AM
In other words, if you want the Extinction album, you need the Selfless Records comp or Extinction on its own, which was only released on LP/cassette.

I've probably bought that Selfless CD about 3-4 times. My last copy of it is in storage. I see now that the price has shot up substantially from when I last bought it about 5 years ago. I wish someone would just reissue the LP in proper running order with everything else tacked on as a bonus CD or FLAC download card. I hate when stuff gets chopped up like that or reissue comp. CDs. I'm guessing most of the people that made the album are long gone from the music scene at this point and must not care about it too much.

jadderly

Quote from: Ashmonger on February 09, 2015, 09:27:47 AM

No, haven't heard Megaptera or the other guys projects yet.

I guess I just assumed everyone knew them because they were so ubiquitous in the late 90s/early 2000s...

Too much music/too little time, as always...

I hear you on that...

online prowler

Listening to latest leaks of TRI-FUNCTION MILLION "Avmakt Del I: Gateskraper" and "Soner".

Dirty rap from Oslo with noise elements and power electronics banger quality. The sound of malaise in a sanitized contemporary culture.

Avmakt Del I: Gateskraper: https://soundcloud.com/recordsofthefleshgod/tri-function-million-avmakt-del-i-gateskraper
Soner: https://soundcloud.com/recordsofthefleshgod/tfm-soner-030914

Bleak Existence

THE RITA - The Apex Representation of a Woman
woman sampling and good rough hnw as you except

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: online prowler on February 09, 2015, 08:50:37 PM
Listening to latest leaks of TRI-FUNCTION MILLION "Avmakt Del I: Gateskraper" and "Soner".

Dirty rap from Oslo with noise elements and power electronics banger quality. The sound of malaise in a sanitized contemporary culture.

Avmakt Del I: Gateskraper: https://soundcloud.com/recordsofthefleshgod/tri-function-million-avmakt-del-i-gateskraper

Good!!!! I will contact to them.... Maybe I will issue something...

FreakAnimalFinland

OLYMPIC SHIT MAN "Supercharge" 2xLP
Harbinger
I remembered this to be more harsh than it is. Or maybe it was just loudly dubbed tapes that made it appear so. You know, MSNP style, afterall! Audio was transferred by Chris of Trash Ritual, so I assume it was from master tape rather than the dubbed tapes that are in circulation? Now what we hear here is basically quite natural blend of Evil Moisture and Putrefier. Often not so aggressive and loud, although highly distorted and nice grainy texture in the noise. But not utterly bulldozing quality to it, more seeking interesting sounds than "being brutal", I'd say. Double LP, comic book, full color gatefold. Nice re-issue.

LOOP CIRCUIT "Sound on Sound" LP
Starlight Furniture
I'm pretty sure I've written about this before too? Before I saw this, I had no idea this GROSS tape had been reissued on LP and pressed only 222 copies. Noticed it in shelves in some store in USA. It's Akifumi Nakajima and Dub Murashita, both doing loops and effects. Original tape 1994, reissue from 2001. Lots of nice moments and despite focusing on loops, material does go forward and involve live processing of sound. It's also good example how design of reissue was done with style. It is not as neat hand made special edition as the old tape, but it reminds more of GROSS envelope series. Those were black paper envelopes with pasted-on artwork on both sides. This is just that. Marble texture cardboard with original lay-out, pasted on black LP sleeve. Simple and to the point, but holds the GROSS aesthetic very well!

SCHIMPFLUCH-GRUPPE "Paris Aktionen" LP
Beniffer Editions
Also another LP I must have written before? Anyways, on the recent days playlist, so... Two live aktios from Paris. One could perhaps say including typicalities of this gruppe. Animalistic sounds, clock ticking, sudden impacts of noise bursts, tormented vocals,.. It has clear live sound. Perhaps their aktionist music was at very best when it was analogue tape format recordings, but not much to complain here. "lots of wankers here".. Underwood..

AXNAAR "Crawling Misery" 7"
Filth & Violence
Black metal-noise fusion. Which is the format I'm pretty picky. I realize there is probably quite potential for the material and I do like this to certain extent, but most often genre as whole leaves me with impression that due use of regular instruments and patterns, it doesn't go to innovative level of "real noise", while also escaping possibilities of metal, that would be memorable riffs of song structures that punish despite how clean sound could be.

V/A "THREE PILLARS OF CONTROLLED DOMINATION" 3"cdr
Alpha Male Discharge
Con-Dom cover tracks,. Shift is the winner here. His version of Home Run doesn't appear like random selection. Hostility of statement "I win - you lose", feels like he means it, with malicious intent. Everybody on this comp seems to gain from using Con-Dom compositions as influence, yet they also add high dosage of modern day sonic pressure to it. Loud and ultra crispy distortion, which is far from hissing sound of new luddities like Con-Dom. What they win on sheer brutality, they may lose in that very special sound realm what makes Con-Dom stand so apart from just about everybody else. AM NOT has more "heavy electronics" sort of approach, and delivers well. STAB ELECTRONICS track is something I'm not fully comfortable, as the lyrics of Hatred aren't nowhere near along best of Con-Doms work. Always, when I hear someone talking about "hating everyone equally", it makes me think then they don't really appear to know what is the brutal and total hatred or most likely refuse to accept that it wouldn't be tidy "equal for all" idealism. It's good track, musically, though!

CON-DOM / THE GREY WOLVES "Waging War Against You" CD
Unrest
Just wrote longer piece about this album in Finnish, but got to mention it. Well done lay-out, what perhaps gains it very top results of Unrest label released. Of course it is faithful for War Against Society material, but it succeeds in it. Good quality design. Top notch results in printing and sharpness. Very nice sound on CD. If you do not have War Against Society, this is absolute essential to get a.s.a.p.! Some of the very best works from both bands.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

online prowler

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on February 12, 2015, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: online prowler on February 09, 2015, 08:50:37 PM

Good!!!! I will contact to them.... Maybe I will issue something...

From what rumours tell me... there is a 12" under way....

Baglady

Somehow expected the Olympic Shit Man 2LP to be alot more harsh (without having heard the tapes). Still kind of happy with it as it is. It grows on me. Still available too, for ok prices. Big names, but nog big enough for prices to go nuts, thankfully.

OCHU -Tvärsnitt LP (Verlautbarung)
Takes off from the piece featured on the Stein comp, but some new and surprising elements and ideas unfold throughout the album. Don't want to spoil anything, but it really works for me. He said he wanted to break some new ground this time around, and I'd say he certainly does. Far away from the early tapes, but the way he keeps the layers apart yet still discernable and working together is still there, and even more refined. I suppose time will tell how well this work holds up, but right now I can't get enough of it.

acsenger

PhosgenWhen Innocence Dies... (LP, Wolf Rec.)

After recommendations on this forum, I bought this album and I agree with those who commented on it: a solid if not exceptional album. Heavy German electronics with the usual trademarks: rhythmic and oppressive electronics, samples, feedback. The last track on side B lives up to its title: Never Ending Pain. It's the harshest track by far on the album and, interestingly, ends in really painful high-pitched feedback cut into the runout groove, thereby creating a loop until the needle is lifted. A solid album worth getting, especially since it's cheap on Discogs.

S·CoreCrime (CD, Daft Records)

I really like S·Core despite the fact that the CDs I have are all a bit too long and they all have weaker tracks. Still, even if they benefited from stricter editing, I really appreciate S·Core's strange sound world. I think Mikko has described it on this forum as rotten noise from the gutter or something to that effect, and I fully agree. It's not that it's an expression of negative emotions, but rather like the sound of some strange, unhealthy, rotten place deep underground, with strange life forms... The tracks don't progress much, so the lesser ones can drag on, but taken as a whole, this CD (like the others I know) is still a good listen. It looks like I'll have to chance to get some of S·Core's tapes from the 80s; I'm looking forward to hearing them.

SnuffII (CD, Filth And Violence/Untergeschoss)

Excruciating high-pitched feedback with vocals all the way. Stuff that's literally hard on the ears. I'm in no way an expert or a huge fan of PE, but I like this album a lot, even when it's not for everyday listening. There are, I think, two parts where there's murky midrange noise instead of high-pitched feedback, and the second one goes on for too long (that's the part with some field recordings of children in the background – perhaps recorded at an indoors playhouse or something, judging from the reverb), but other than that, this is a very much recommended album for those who like painful electronics.

cr

Marduk - Frontschwein
Nice. Especially for relaxing and readjusting ears and brain after a shitty week in the office.

Chop Shop - Grey Area  tape
I like this one so much, I could listen to it endlessly on repeat.

Ke/Hil: Hellstation
So good! Looking forward to the new one - "Zone 0"

acsenger

Quote from: cr on February 14, 2015, 06:04:06 PM
Marduk - Frontschwein
Nice. Especially for relaxing and readjusting ears and brain after a shitty week in the office.

I'm blasting it right now. I haven't been following black metal for 10+ years, so I have no idea what "those in the know" think about this album (or the band), but I love it: it's fucking intense with great melodies here and there.

Zeno Marx

Ure Thrall - Arabian Knightmares 2004 - ethno-ambient - more lightly attacked tribal and ethnic drumming like you'd find on Voice of Eye's Transmigration (collaborators in the past and this is not unlike what you'd expect from them) - would have fit perfectly on the Twilight Earth compilation series - Arabic tones - maybe not as menacing, or as dark, as the subject matter would imply, or as expectations would hope, which would have given it more resonance and have been even more to my liking - good and highly skilled album - strange that Tesco would reissue this album.

Chris Watson - El Tren Fantasma - The Signal Man's Mix 2011 - field recording manipulations- more ideas from this great album - musical mixes - the train track rhythm on the first track made me think of Apoptose "Blutopfer" and military snares.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bile

Hostage Pageant "Parallel Interruption

Shane Church is a crucial figure within the United States Harsh Noise world and this tape further solidifies his place amongst classic (and modern) masters. Brilliantly paced pieces across two sides of this C20. Building off of minimal framework and bizarre, barren sounds across the A side (lots of intriguing tinkering here...reminds me of an abandoned medical complex...wheels squeaking, metal tins and examination tables stirring...), whereas the B side presents a catastrophic look into exploration. This continues to hit the spot every time I put it on...just the correct amount of atmospheric electronics and harsh bursts. Gorgeous organic sounds, never too distorted but never too "light", either. Beautiful.

Bizarre Uproar "Amputaatio"

This miniature review is being crafted while listening to this disc for the second time (the first time was a casual listen while going about other daily routines...). I was a fan of "Vihameditaatio" from last year as well as the "musical" elements hinted at within "Rape Africa", but this 2015 disc isn't touching any nerves with me. Without saying too much (in fear that with more listens I will grow to love this material) my bias leans towards the strictly harsh electronics side of BU...I found myself itching to put on "Purification" throughout the duration of this output. Maybe I am approaching it with the wrong set of ears and misunderstanding the messages behind these slow moving, devastating waves of sound. It's uncomfortable, it's creepy, it's very well crafted, but just not my "style". Oh well.

Andrew McIntosh

"Amputaatio" sounds for all the world like Abruptum playing Drone Doom.
Shikata ga nai.