PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intothered

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 17, 2015, 10:24:30 AM

Arghoslent "Hornets of Pogrom" LP
Perhaps their best album? Despite being clean and more "mainstream" sounding than past material, Nubian Archer kind of superior tracks makes entire album memorable and unique.

been listeing to the collection of remastered demos Drakkar Productions put up recently quite a bit, but that LP is punishing on a whole different level
unseen force label & distro
+++
www.ufmailorder.com
www.unseenforcenoise.bandcamp.com

Bloated Slutbag

Toshiji Mikawa​/​RDCD – s/t, split (2014)
Midwest Maso mimic meets Mikawa on own label TrangSao. This is the first I've heard of label boss RDCD. Is it to be the last? Not bloody likely. For starters, he's also released two splits with Hiroshi Hasegawa, aka Astro, and one with Knurl, aka toaster molester. The man has taste. As to whether that taste does tasteful noise make will have to wait till I've got the Mikawa cravings out of my system. Of the six-track disc, but the sixth (and last) belongs to The Mikawa, a veritable squealfest extending twenty long minutes. Emphasis on long. "Wrap Around" is the work of someone who has probably been listening to too much Borbetomagus, a spaghetti-like orgy of pure electronics whose many and divergent strands unravel with all the lackadaisical intensity of harshnoise god on extended freenoise leave. Wrapping a many and varied array of divergent frequencies around the channel pan, Mikawa scrapes the bong of noise to find a new buzz in its resin: continuous cycling of hard-panned highs sliding about singular strings of attenuated otherworldly buzzings, giving way to the even-handed squelching undulations of bassy break and tremor. This is still The Mikawa we're talking about, so however many or varied the divergent frequencies arrayed, most of them end up squealing like a pig, albeit in somewhat muted capacity. And herein lies the secret to the success of this particular Mikawa offering. Moment of confession: I wasn't really grabbed on first listen, nor on the subsequent five or six listens. With (Mikawa-led duo) Incapacitants, success often rides on the ability to maintain the sustained sense of harsh intensity that comes blasting out the gate. I don't have too much patience for the Incaps-lite here presented: extended improvised noodling, oozing into play and going nowhere slooow. But the first hint of success comes when the muted capacities, abovementioned, are taken into account. Borbeto is a good reference point, but so too Biota, in whose ample dynamic range the dense improvisations are given their room to breath. Upon exhalation, when all the disparate elements swell together in concert, the sheer mass of almighty squealing is terrifyingly harsh, overwhelming. Overpowering. At the appropriate volume levels, you are pretty much guaranteed the hearing loss you know you want you sick fuck. RDCD, as mentioned, has the honor of starting things off. And he certainly comes out swinging. Five abbreviated ejaculations unloaded in quick succession, like full-blast Maso-inspired vocalizing without the quick edits- what Masonna might sound like in a live setting... if he were able to keep the ejaculations coming for more than forty-three seconds. The shit is harsh, a good deal harsher than the Mikawa- at least, from a distance, owing to much louder mastering level. It is fierce. It is absolutely unrelenting in its pure, white-washed, scorching flavors. And any studio trickery takes second seat to the art of repeated, rapid-fire, spectrum ripping. This is the kind of thing I would wank myself silly over... if there were sufficient depths to sink into. The bottom is rock, and hard, however, and comes up fast. Against the carefully massed range of Mikawa molestations this shit comes off as frankly plebeian. But the heart is certainly in the right place. There are at least three more split works worth checking out so plenty of chance for RDCD to prove his mettle.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Levas

Quote from: cr on April 19, 2015, 10:14:34 PM
Yeah, I have this too, but I think there should be more.
Quote from: Levas on May 30, 2012, 10:40:21 AM
There are some leads in Lithuanian. I'll try to compile what is possible from these pieces and some day will do a translation. it's truly interesting material.

I'll have to get back to translating. This was slightly forgotten lately. Anyways, newest discovery in black metal was Cult of Fire. Can't stop listening to them for a few weeks already. Great stuff. Highly recommended for those that didn't hear them though seeing stats in discogs, they seem to be rather popular now.

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Levas on April 24, 2015, 10:23:17 AMAnyways, newest discovery in black metal was Cult of Fire. Can't stop listening to them for a few weeks already. Great stuff. Highly recommended for those that didn't hear them though seeing stats in discogs, they seem to be rather popular now.

These guys? They have put a spell on you......

Levas

Yeah these guys. Some of their pictures from a few years back are funny, just like some of Maniac Butcher's visuals. I suppose Vlad's taste is to be discussed etc., but overall after seeing them in Armageddon Descends, I was amazed.

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: Levas on April 24, 2015, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: cr on April 19, 2015, 10:14:34 PM
Yeah, I have this too, but I think there should be more.
Quote from: Levas on May 30, 2012, 10:40:21 AM
There are some leads in Lithuanian. I'll try to compile what is possible from these pieces and some day will do a translation. it's truly interesting material.

I'll have to get back to translating. This was slightly forgotten lately. Anyways, newest discovery in black metal was Cult of Fire. Can't stop listening to them for a few weeks already. Great stuff. Highly recommended for those that didn't hear them though seeing stats in discogs, they seem to be rather popular now.

I discovered this group some weeks ago, really an interesting band. I will buy both albums asap, of course in vinyl edition, looks very nice!

online prowler

Älgarnas Trädgård ‎– Framtiden Är Ett Svävande Skepp, Förankrat I Forntiden (1972)
Swedish prog w folk and psych references and impending doom presence. I came across this gem some years back. Its one of these records I never tire of. The album was recently reissued on LP. Highly recommended !!!
Stream album here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7zhQ0qqMk

Player 1 - Negrito Narco Trafficante (1995)
Brazing and crushingly overloaded rap from South OG era. Big dicks and big pussies!
Track Cops here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5Z_gUih-Q

Bizarre Uproar - Amputaatio (2015).
Have so far been listening to the CD version. Art work and sleeve design is simply superior. Maybe one of the best so far in 20-15? Album needs a couple of spins before it settles. Intersting combo of musical stances of last full-length and Rape Africa in my eyes. Prestine suffocating terror!
Album: https://bizarreuproar.bandcamp.com/album/amputaatio

FreakAnimalFinland

FECALOVE "great northern war" CD
Untergeschoss
It was said to be absolutely best Fecalove material thus far. Despite I must honestly say, that I have not been exposed to vast amount of his works, this is best of things I have heard. It blends in harsh noise works and something one could easily classify among "power electronics", despite barely following strict genre characteristics. I like that it doesn't fall strictly into one style, but has relaxed feel of following instincts. Being hard, fierce, but accasionally also funny.

LASSE MARHAUG "Its not the end of the world" CD
Quasi Pop
I was thinking about opening topic for Lasse, but well, lets comment this on playlist. I wonder how many people have followed his vast output? Now that biggest flood of material seems to have ceased, it's good to catch up. 2007 release, what now appears to me as one of very best of Marhaug. While he has some praised full on harsh noise blasts, this CD offers cut up noise in old ways. No stutter loops. No over digital processing. Closer to something like pre-ultraharsh Merzbow from late 80's? Or some works of Macronympha, but less grim atmosphere. It is noisy. Often even just harsh noise, but not just blurry distortion static, but source sounds are audible. It is by no means "sound collage". It is noise. Build from long enough blocks of sound, that you can appreciate sound itself, not just compositional sonic movements. Cuts don't appear to be there for sake of having fast dynamic changes, but only as transitions to move to next sound. Very nice CD!

AM NOT "Unpunished" CD
Unrest
Very balanced and well made heavy electronics album. I could lump it together with Ex.Order, Propergol, NTT, etc. Clean, thick, and heavy sound. Lots of lyrics, often spoken rather than shouted. Simple and strong rhythm patterns with militaristic feel. AM NOT is basically all about heavy and dark electronics. Not noise. Each sound is carefully tweaked, with maximum clarity instead of being blurred in saturation of overall distortion or filth. Those people who seek for next filthy gutter electronics, won't have anything here, but those who miss times of carefully done albums of dark and gloomy heavy electronics will appreciate. Lyrics can be given extra credit. Length of text makes many songs dominated by narration, but are thoughtful and well written pieces.

KULMHOF "Moralitys Simulcra" tape
One side relies a lot to simple wall of noise. Other side starts in that realm, but also contains nice moments of more varied sounds. I like b-side much more. Perhaps not among very best of Ulex harsh recordings, but in its style works.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Grübelschlinge

MACRONYMPHA-relentless agony Tape
Despite horrible 90s retardo artwork great tape. Good use of stereo effects, psychedelic, best to listen drunk to. Love the 999 call on the BSide.

whiteheatnoise

Relentless Agony truly is relentless agony, particularly crushing throughout a lot of the tape. That 911 (as it is in the US) call is terrifying.

bitewerksMTB

Various - Valkoinen Kohina (Urashima - UMA 095)- all very good stuff here esp. the Sick Seed, Edge of Decay, & Unclean tracks. Going to have to find that Chloroform Rapist cd, too- if anyone in the U.S. has it from sale/trade, drop me a line.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on April 17, 2015, 10:24:30 AM
Arghoslent "Hornets of Pogrom" LP
Perhaps their best album? Despite being clean and more "mainstream" sounding than past material, Nubian Archer kind of superior tracks makes entire album memorable and unique.

Arghoslent ‎– Bastard Son Of One Thousand Whores Not On Label (Arghoslent Self-released)

This demo tape may be one of the best demos I have ever heard, note for note. 2 of the songs re-recorded in the studio do not sound as good as the demo takes in my opinion. A force to be acknowledged and reckoned with.

Arghoslent ‎– Troops Of Unfeigned Might (Horror Records)
This is an excellent 7" Short Play offering, hits it's marks and makes it's rounds. Highly recommended.

Grand Belial's Key ‎– Mocking The Philanthropist (Wood Nymph Records)

Apparently this label was boycotted after releasing this, or other works by these artists. Arghoslent was the side project, GBK was the main inspiration if that is correct(?). Even with the higher production values of the later offerings, the carnal simplicity of the riffs and structures on this first record make it the most memorable for me.

Bleak Existence

Griz+Zlor - black summer
very good dense dark muddy lo-fi anw/hnw muff worship