PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baglady

KRISTIAN OLSSON - Ligranorex CS
Hardly any sleep and a very windy, wet and grey morning here in Gothenburg, listening to this tape in headphones. Starts out in the usual Olsson mode; lots of things going on (all kept at a discernable level though) with echoing field recordings surrounding a stream of screeching electronics somewhere in the middle. Very bad vibes. The limbs of this body of sound is gradually dismantled throughout the course, and by the end there's only the sad moaning of something dying in the distance. This John Mylotte-ish style of the b-side is something I'd like to hear more of from Olsson. Very good tape.
I think I've both read and heard that a CD version of Ligranorex coming out? Sounds like a good idea to me.

CON-DOM - This Sickness Faith CS
Such a great tape. Of the five or six 80's Con-Dom tapes I have, this is the one I return to most often, and I believe the good sound quality is the reason really. The other tapes are fine as well, but they lack the clarity of these two live assaults from '84 and '85. I'm not sure if this is the case with all copies, but mine came with a neat foldout insert/poster.

ONE

Quote from: Peterson on April 22, 2015, 03:38:54 AM
It's not the type of stuff typically discussed here, but AC/DC's "Highway To Hell" has been getting heavy playtime. As angry Travis Bickle thoughts run through your mind, relax with "If You Want Blood" or "Night Prowler." I don't understand how anyone could dislike AC/DC.

Up to Back In Black - a peerless rock n roll outfit.  Night Prowler is such a lurid, yet honest and touching paean.

STEREOLAB & NWW - Crumb Duck (United Dairies, all formats)

Largely ghastly release highlighting all that is awry and tedious w/ both Stereolab and NWW, w/ the exception of A New Dress (rmx).  The monologue is cynically, outrageously hilarious.

resist the things you can find everywhere

burdizzo

Quite agree about the NWW/ Stereolab one. I only bought it for the 'New Dress' track, although the original is still far superior than the remix here.

Bloated Slutbag

Treriksröset - Heteronormativ Musik För Att Stärka Medelklassens Självbild
This one had me on my knees groping about in semi blindness for every last dab of Trerik I've got scattered about the teetering stacks (an indecorous position in which I'm no doubt bound to be found dead one fine day). All to confirm my naggling suspicions: the titty tape is quite possibly the most ripped raw, blasted-to-shit, burnt out Treriksröset‎ since Sexregler. And I say this only because my copy of Sexregler denies my initial suspicious: that the titty tape is the most ripped raw, blasted-to-shit, burnt out Treriksröset‎ ever... leaving me to suspect that the years and playbacks have been unnecessarily cruel to said copy. Either that or my auricular memory is shot to shit. Just in case I've lost you, let me repeat the lead descriptors: "ripped raw, blasted-to-shit, burnt out". So ripped raw, blasted-to-shit, burnt out, in fact, that I was forced to grope about, indecorously, for my copy of Skin Crime's Trauma, re- "completely burnt out damaged sound, like some poor wretch retching and hacking into a mic jammed down his throat whilst his innards are wrenched out with a contact-mic'd wire cutting implement" (via the Skin Crime thread, courtesy your faithful commentator). Which was, on reflection, a wasted effort: Trauma is practically symphonic by comparison. This could draw comparison to Trauma, I suppose, if all the Trauma-tized bits were ground into pulp and then forcibly slammed through tightly constricted metallic orifices (a shameless attempt to salvage comment from all those ill-served minutes of indecorous groping). As the forcible slamming continues in earnest, details begin to bleed through. Bloodied, smothered, pulpy details, such as might be obtained via unceremonious dumping of contact mic'd gear into recalcitrant meat-grinder, grinding out well-bled shits 'n flaps of singed, decelerating, feedback. Side B bleeds in much the same fashion- slowly, imperceptibly, allowing half-buried fragments of char-age to fart through the flatulent filth-walls. At the halfway mark, the filth-walls  crumble, razored-raw feedback farts abruptly ripping apart the, um, harsh calm. A single indelicate cut even suggests itself at one point. Here one may begin to enjoy an emergent play of haphazard stab and bleed, well-worried metallic sphinct-hole having endured more than its cassette-worth's allotment of forcible slamming. An open-ended,  ripped raw, blasted-to-shit, burnt out finish, then, well worth the grope.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

FreakAnimalFinland

IMPLICIT RUIN "2011" tape
IMPLICIT RUIN "Panta Rei" CDR

self released
CDR from 2010 is most of all random MS-10 oscillations and fast moving synth noises. On 2011 tape this obscure Swedish project got into much more PE / postmortem realm, which improved it greatly. One could already wonder why not in bigger circulation? Perhaps artists wants it to raise a notch higher before letting it to bigger audience? It would be certainly good choice. While this satisfies genre fanatics, it is yet to have much personality.

PUCE MARY "Fear And Pleasure" tape
self released
Continues well the current sound of Puce Mary. 100 copies of tape is way too little as material doesn't really lose to her LP's!

SHIFT "Ruminations" tape
Dumpster Score Records
Shift is shifting slowly towards more "heavy electronics" form. Of course one could say that this is what Shift has been always, but lets say that the monolithic fuzzy noise grain layers of Bulk are behind, and there has been dominance of louder and clearer vocals, more distinctive sound elements what contribute well to compositional aspects of tracks. There is absolutely no "music" per se. But composition is clear. I like this tape a lot. Perhaps it will become my favorite Shift yet?!

HERSKA "Herska is not a one hit wonder" tape
Raw Rex
perhaps sometimes known as "28mg", but that wasn't the real title of tape. Retarded noisecore is name of the game. Again, from tape it sounds better than digital file! Stupid internet samples, no real instruments. Just grown up men fooling around like kids. Brilliant!

MANIA / HALALNIHIL split tape
Mania does his trademark sounds and noises. It's good stuff. Perhaps not as exciting as it is so short "tape ep" kind of release. It may not have same striking quality like his 7" on f&v, so material feels too short to make best impression with heavy and bass-loaded rumbles.
Halalnihil is quite useless without knowing what the lyrics are. It's just talking, with mild digital distortion and little feedbacks. Some lyrics what anyone probably gets, are things like "...legazile pedophilia!!...". Translations what I've seen makes me think project is most of all comedy of exaggeration?

SSRI "Robust" tape

Narcolepsia
Now ssri has changed a bit. Part of the tape might be among very best of SSRI actually. Some little less interesting. I'm not sure is this old works or already duo works, but it's very good. More experimental perhaps. Turntables, broken electronics, field recordings, tapes,..  It's very different from two recent live gigs, but nice to see how versatile even side project can become!

MOLLUSK KING / MOLD CREVICE "Anatomy Lessened" tape
Tape ep here. I would assume they wanted to make one very focused track like 7". This material very much about fine-tuning details, which makes sense that they'd rather not throw any filler to make tape longer.  Mollusk King uses many semi-normal instruments. Synths with musical tonality. Drum machine with beats, vocals that follow rhythm of music. I'm not sure whether its accurate to use terms like "power electronics" or "old school" like label description. To me it sounds very much modern. And experimental electronic music. But also quite unique. Can't really say I'd heard anything like this?! Mold Crevice could be lumped into same category. So carefully edited and technologically advanced that sampled metal percussions and carefully adjusted electronic sounds makes me think like little bit techno leaning and advanced version of old slower paced Dissecting Table.  I was listening this one day at the store, and customer came in asking what is this. Being surprised how good and powerful tape format sounds. Yep. It's not all about lo-fi rubbish, but these guys are good example how tape works well also for sealed factory pro-tapes, with full color covers, body prints.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 05, 2015, 02:44:08 PM
MANIA / HALALNIHIL split tape
Halalnihil is quite useless without knowing what the lyrics are. It's just talking, with mild digital distortion and little feedbacks. Some lyrics what anyone probably gets, are things like "...legazile pedophilia!!...". Translations what I've seen makes me think project is most of all comedy of exaggeration?

Yes, probably comedy...and the fifth column in noise/power electronics circle... Somebody don't ask yourself WHY he/she wants to make noise?

Vermin Marvin

SILENCE OF VACUUM - 5 tape (IOPS)
Some clear high piercing sounds with power and volume makes this fine release but maybe i miss a bit that slow and suffocated feeling of previous releases that fitted more than perfect to subject matter but in same time these songs works fine with live track that ends the tape.

CLINIC OF TORTURE - Slave Sex tape (IOPS)
Manipulated, glitching, winding and echoing (super-8 film?) samples and crude electronics carrying very well both songs and maybe less complex textures and less ear damaging frequencies makes this easier to approach than previous releases, but still far from easy listening, heh.

MASKHEAD - Female Mutilations tape (Hiisi Productions)
"Loud and torturing harsh noise with piercing feedback and filthy snippets of metal junk abuse."
read that many times before, nothing new here but still entertaining release
sound fits well for my ears but some more info wouldnt hurt..

PSYCHOSADIST - Crawlspace tape (Hiisi Productions)
This cut straight behind of the tree, a bit foolish name wasnt give too great expectations but this new deutsche pe/noise artist delivers low and dirty rumbling with horrid vocals on other side and noisy but more clear synth sound on another side.
Short (or maybe just right) length of release gives a change to listen more than once on same sitting.. eager to hear more.

Ashmonger

Sick Seed - Man And Machine (7", Turgid Animal): Junk noise, vocals, electronics rumbling, rather low fi sound. This is nice.

Masokismi - Eläminen Kohti Kuolemaa (CD, Bestial Burst): Noisy Black Metal with an extremely raw sound, which is quite a kick in the face. The music itself however could be better, there certainly are good parts, but often it seems like everything goes lost, but I think it basically comes down to not so good guitarwork. Track 9 has a simple but really nice riff and that combined with the utterly noisy sound is really good, certainly a highlight track. Last track is good too. So yeah, certainly not bad, but it's just not great and that's not due to the sound. But well, I guess it's impossible now to see whether this band/project could have evolved further as it seems the hatred isn't very fresh anymore...

Axnaar - Shite Inside Death / Obscure Salo / Useless Meat/Sacred Flesh / Crawling Misery (3x tape, 1x 7", Legion Blotan/All Dead Tapes/Filth&Violence): About the same as for Masokismi, there are nice parts, I like the raw sound, but there's a bit too many parts that seem to go nowhere...

Gnawed/Swollen Organs (C26, Danvers State Recordings): Gnawed goes further into the direction of the last album, actually maybe even calmer, but still dark and ominous. Had never heard about Swollen Organs before, first track is electronics and samples of a woman being tortured or something like that, second track is power electronics with quite aggressive vocals. Judging from a first listen, SO is good, but not great.

ANDROPHILIA

I Am Listening ambient albums of Burzum.
Dauði Baldrs
Hliðskjálf 
Sôl Austan, Mâni Vestan
The Ways Of Yore

the dungeon keyboards are very fascinating in Dauði Baldrs. a climate with no escape

Hliðskjálf  is more atmospheric and hypnotic

last two albums are most evolved but still keeping the ghostly essential.
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Baglady

EDGE OF DECAY - Halogeeni Helvetti CS (Freak Animal)
What to say? Just brilliant harsh noise. The label description is pretty accurate I think (compared EOC with old Ramirez and Knurl, if I remember correctly?). I smell some Treriksröset around "Venal" as well. Nothing to dislike for me here, whatsoever. Perhaps it could have been twice as long, but then I wouldn't play it as often. Great sounds bursting, crawling and cutting their way out of the speakers. Pace, variation, lows and highs, it all just works. I'm on my knees just lapping it all up here. I have no idea who's behind this moniker, but what does it matter. I want more. Noticed a couple of earlier releases, but they seem rather scarce in quantity.

SiClark

Quote from: Baglady on May 07, 2015, 05:19:36 PM
EDGE OF DECAY - Halogeeni Helvetti CS (Freak Animal)
Their EP tape is probably hard to get but I recommend getting the comp tape they are on - Voyeurs Of Modern Decay - there are several copies on discogs for good prices.

FreakAnimalFinland

There is 2 more tapes upcoming on international labels!
He is also very good in doing live noise. Just location in east of finland makes it kind of isolated from most of gigs in Finland...

DBL

I want more. Noticed a couple of earlier releases, but they seem rather scarce in quantity.
Pardon the ad, but: I have one copy of the first tape-EP (and some remaining copies of the "Voyeurs..." comp. tape) for sale here. Don't have any copies of the split-tape left, and it seems to be sold out from the label too...

Edit. EP gone!

Baglady

Quote from: DBL on May 07, 2015, 07:46:31 PM
I want more. Noticed a couple of earlier releases, but they seem rather scarce in quantity.
Pardon the ad, but: I have one copy of the first tape-EP (and some remaining copies of the "Voyeurs..." comp. tape) for sale here. Don't have any copies of the split-tape left, and it seems to be sold out from the label too...
Pardon this, pardon that. Check your email! Thanks for the tip!

FreakAnimalFinland

Talking of more obscure Finnish artists, new tape of ROTAT, called "mob justice", what a nice piece of noise rubbish it is! I could think of some Smell & Quim, perhaps Odal and such. Or perhaps if thinking compositional quality of GOLDENROD, perhaps that is good to compare. Everything is utterly coarse. Somewhat unfinished noise pieces thrown one after another, but hardly "cut up". Just short pieces of noise what vary from great to not-so-great, but even the latter ones just underlines that there is absolutely nobody in Finland doing it like this. Perhaps H.Ö.H. would compete with utmost primitivism, but Rotat has different angle to material. Damn that new H.Ö.H. tape was good! I'm seriously thinking the obscure & less known Finnish projects should be compiled to one good CD release! Latest, at this point unreleased, Fecal Fetal was also pretty neat, although has some flaws.. But very promising and most of all: different!

THE NEW BLOCKADERS & CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION  "Negative Mass " 12"
4iB
Hmm... In many ways there is something quite dull about this. First of all: 12"?! There is roughly 6 mins per side! And now when TNB has been doing so many collaborations, including 8 LP's of collaborations with dozens and dozens of artists... Now after many years, new items coming which are still nothing but someone using TNB sounds.... it has long felt like artist that leech into TNB's legacy. And should start to feel shame of this opportunism. Creation Through Destruction does fine job creating two solid pieces of harsh works. But it would probably warrant C-14 tape of edition of 50, unless TNB name tag would help there. It's not saying that this is bad. Just expensive, very limited 12" is utter exaggeration for what this material is. If it would be CTD tape on his own, it would stand as nice normal noise release. Now it is seen in utterly different light. For collectors of TNB, maybe ok addition to collection, but overall can't think who'd I recommend two shortish harsh pieces on high priced 12".