PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Dr Alex on October 17, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

I really like that band and I own their boxset with discography. I still can't get new album. It's good but somehow not fit Floor sound that I like. I never like Torche and maybe it's reminds me of Torche so much. Floor - s/t is a fucking masterpiece!

I remember when Torche toured Europe for the first time a few years ago. Everyone here went to see them play Floor songs, which they did, and needless to say, we were floored. I love Floor's pre-split material (and Dove's material as well.) I'll never check anything they released after that.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

urall

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on October 18, 2015, 09:47:49 PM
Quote from: Dr Alex on October 17, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

I really like that band and I own their boxset with discography. I still can't get new album. It's good but somehow not fit Floor sound that I like. I never like Torche and maybe it's reminds me of Torche so much. Floor - s/t is a fucking masterpiece!

I remember when Torche toured Europe for the first time a few years ago. Everyone here went to see them play Floor songs, which they did, and needless to say, we were floored. I love Floor's pre-split material (and Dove's material as well.) I'll never check anything they released after that.

That was the tour with Baroness right ?  Saw them in Tilburg (NL) then, great show.

Dr Alex

Los Natas - München Sessions 2xcd
Los Natas - Toba Trance (Vol. I & II) 2xcd

Still one of my favorite stoner rock bands! I like everything by them.
Both releases are jam-like and improv (let's say) stoner rock with unique sound.
It's pity because they've disbanded.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: urall on October 18, 2015, 10:43:59 PM

That was the tour with Baroness right ?  Saw them in Tilburg (NL) then, great show.

That tour indeed, sir. I standing in front of the Torche's bassplayer during the gig and every time he hit that detuned bass string on the Floor songs, the sound vibrations made me feel like my bowels were about to implode.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Andrew McIntosh

Very satisfied with the Mutilated Slut "Acid Attack" cassette. Straight up, crunchy, grinding, muggy Noise of the unpretentious kind, mostly leaning on feedback and object abuse. It's always a good idea to get back to basics.
Shikata ga nai.

isomer

Absolutely. I listened to it just today as well - no nonsense stuff, nicely done.

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 21, 2015, 02:56:16 AM
Very satisfied with the Mutilated Slut "Acid Attack" cassette. Straight up, crunchy, grinding, muggy Noise of the unpretentious kind, mostly leaning on feedback and object abuse. It's always a good idea to get back to basics.

ConcreteMascara

Caligula031 - Private Venus cassette
To my ears easily the best Caligula031 release yet! The a-side is pure murder, harsh and immediate. and the b-side is perfect, switching between different interviews representing different sides of the subject matter. and the inserts a nice compliment.

Bizarre Uproar / Nicole 12 / Priest in Shit - Filth LP
still enjoying this record several years later. BU's piece is characteristic of his material at the time; a long form track with plenty of shrieking highs and building violent atmosphere, with an orchestral/military music sample coming in at the end. in line with Deathkey and WOM split material. Nicole 12's track remains an anomaly in the project's discography as it refrains from sample use and has very minimal vocals. the synth is the focus and it sounds similar to the Dead Beauty synth, although maybe a tad more psychedelic :P. and Priest in Shit deliver satisfying harsh noise which I really enjoy, despite my irrational hesitance to check out any Richard Ramirez material. glad I got my copy of this when it came out..

Uncodified & Wertham - Vinidicta I and Vinidicta II CD
written about these before, but re-listening again my initial impressions are confirmed. some of the best p.e./industrial releases of the past years. excellent sounds and atmospheres, perfect vocals and a concept that leaves me wanting to know so much more. cannot recommend enough.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

SiClark

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on October 22, 2015, 06:43:29 PM
Caligula031 - Private Venus cassette
To my ears easily the best Caligula031 release yet! The a-side is pure murder, harsh and immediate. and the b-side is perfect, switching between different interviews representing different sides of the subject matter. and the inserts a nice compliment.
Just listened to this today, a damn fine tape!

vomitgore

SSRI "Swollen by Noise" CD (Filth & Violence)

I liked "Stab your Demonic Smile..." a lot and was kind of interested to see, where the project would go from there. "Swollen by Noise" blew me away instantly! I would say that this is my Harsh Noise favourite of the year, but the style is much too unique and varied to be judged by such simple terms. The sounds are always natural and gritty, mixture of free flow and (mostly buried) loops. Most of the noise doesn't seem to depend too much on distortion but more on clean brutality (maybe reminding of the latest Sick Seed MCD) and it plays out perfectly. TK's vocal performance sound punishing and possessed adding some genuine PE feeling. One of the best releases I have heard in a long time!

SiClark

Quote from: vomitgore on October 24, 2015, 12:44:53 AM

I liked "Stab your Demonic Smile..." a lot and was kind of interested to see, where the project would go from there. "Swollen by Noise" blew me away instantly! I would say that this is my Harsh Noise favourite of the year, but the style is much too unique and varied to be judged by such simple terms. The sounds are always natural and gritty, mixture of free flow and (mostly buried) loops. Most of the noise doesn't seem to depend too much on distortion but more on clean brutality (maybe reminding of the latest Sick Seed MCD) and it plays out perfectly. TK's vocal performance sound punishing and possessed adding some genuine PE feeling. One of the best releases I have heard in a long time!
Getting my copy next week, can't wait to hear this, previous tape was superb, amazing new direction for the project!

ProgeriaYouth

Quote from: vomitgore on October 24, 2015, 12:44:53 AM

100% agreed. There really something quite special about this and SSRI in general but then again there has always been something special about anything Pekka does or has done; certainly a man not afraid to do exactly as he pleases!
Noise Label: http://www.turgid-animal.co.uk
Black Metal Label: http://www.legion-blotan.co.uk
Email: George.Proctor AT Gmail DOT com

cr

STREICHER: Legion St. George/ Gnadelos CD (Industrial Recollections)

I'm forever thankful for those Streicher - re-issues on IR, since I don't have the original tapes.

I return to them very often, whenever I'm in that 'special' mood. Hard to describe, ähem - let's say - when I'm disgusted with my surroundings.
...as this wouldn't be the case every other day.

Leatherface

Andrew McIntosh

Mefitic's "Woes Of Mortal Devotion" is pretty damn good. Dark and heavy production and riffs, good Metal songwriting that's basic yet able to stretch things out when needed (without resorting to filler), overall impressive atmosphere. Apparently this is their first full length after some years existence. Has anyone seen them live?
Shikata ga nai.

TS

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 21, 2015, 02:56:16 AM

Yes. Very satisfying.
Kropper uten Mellomrom