PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny_tove

advance tracks for new Ultima Thule cd... complete blast, nothing new, but just what we want from them
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

cr

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on November 24, 2015, 02:07:55 AM
When it comes to classic, old-school, fuck-you-up-the-arse-with-a-fist-of-re-enforced-concrete Harsh Noise, no one tops Macronympha, and the "American Chaos Volume 1" box proves that. Six generous tapes of the real thing, the kind of Harsh Noise that first turned my head around. Loops, layers, electronics, constant movement yet constant density, volume, crunch and crush. Harsh fucking Noise.

Absolutely right!

Jaakko V.

Inade - The Flood of White Light (10", Malignant Records)

I pretty much enjoy all Inade records, but this one - along with Aldebaran - is Inade their top in my opinion. Post-industrial dark ambient with austere and teutonic rigor all the way. Monotonous and sparse rhythms, drones and crackles, a colossal and heavy cosmic atmosphere, and kind of restricted approach. Somewhat brutal and angular when compared to the later work. Excellent.

Ashmonger

Brighter Death Now - Innerwar (CD, Cold Meat Industries): Fuck, good thing I finally listened to this album and got it. I've know BDN for over 10 years now... Why didn't I listen to this earlier? Because at that time I totally wasn't into Noise/Power Electronics/... (mostly listened to CMI for Arcana/Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio/...) And then I went to the 2 CMI fests in Belgium (Antwerp & Gent) and I just didn't get it: the combination of the noise/music and the crazy show with drunk guys in their underpants playing with balloons... So yeah, took me a couple of years to fully understand that BDN is a classic in its genre and I needed to listen to it! When I first played the CD the last two tracks skipped and I saw that there was a hazy layer on the CD (weird, since it came shrinkwrapped), rubbed it off and then it played fine...

Alfarmania - From Fix To Fix (CD, Old Captain Records): I've got the Bottenskrapet LP but it's been a couple of years since I last played it, thought it was good, though not great. Reading the interview with Kristian Olsson in Noise Recepter #3 (really interesting zine btw) and the reviews, made me check some tracks from this CD. Also since the review says it's still closer to Survival Unit, which I like pretty much (though I should get some more of their albums). I really like the more Industrial-like tracks, but some of the more subdued tracks seem to suit me a bit less. Will have to play it a couple times more, since it's got a nice overall atmosphere, also thanks to the samples.
Tips on which is some of the best Alfarmania stuff to check out are welcome.

Kevlar - Totalism (tape, Unrest Productions): Appendix to Criteria. Seems better than Criteria though! Seems like Criteria was good, but both Alpha Strife and Totalism are very good.

Taint - Indecent Liberties (CD, Industrial Heritage): Not as familiar with Taint as with Mania, but I think it's quite clear that it's the same guy, due to vocals and the typical kind of feedback that he uses. Short but strong album.

Nyrkki/Unpeace (C40, double A side, Filth & Violence): First opens with a noise track that is a collaboration by both bands/projects, pretty cool. Then follows Nyrkki, then Unpeace. Both cool noisecore. Seems like Unpeace sounds a bit different then before? Other vocalist maybe? Vile layout as was expected.

Machismo - Bodies in Perfection (C20, TeRRoR): Not bad at all, but somehow it doesn't seem to click with me...

Vidinė Ramybė ‎– Aukštas Aukštesnis Aukščiausias (tape, TeRRoR): Varied album, some tracks are more ambient, others death industrial, some more power electronics. I really like the track (can't remember which one it is at the moment) where there is melancholic piano and then the screamed vocals, gives a really strong hopeless vibe. Overall good album, with one or two which are less interesting.

Various Artists - Acts Of Vengeance - UFoI II (C88, Unrest Productions): Really great comp with all exclusive stuff as far as I know. Nothing more needs to be added.

Baglady

Quote from: Ashmonger on November 29, 2015, 09:32:08 PM
The collaboration LP with Proiekt Hat, Furyfication, on Harsh Head Rituals. Easily the best work from both Alfarmania and PH, in my humble opinion. Belongs to the more noisy works in both artists output. And should you stumble upon a copy of the Farsot tape, don't hesitate.

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Baglady on November 29, 2015, 09:59:35 PM
The collaboration LP with Proiekt Hat, Furyfication, on Harsh Head Rituals. Easily the best work from both Alfarmania and PH, in my humble opinion. Belongs to the more noisy works in both artists output. And should you stumble upon a copy of the Farsot tape, don't hesitate.

I like the LP with PH, too. A couple of months ago, I received the "Skräcken" & " At Ulleråker " cd's which are both excellent but I liked "Skracken" the most. I wish I had bought the pic disc records when I had the chance along with "From fix to fix".

martialgodmask

STAB Electronics - Day Of The Male - so fucking good, I've listened to nothing else since receipt.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 29, 2015, 10:25:24 PM

I like the LP with PH, too. A couple of months ago, I received the "Skräcken" & " At Ulleråker " cd's which are both excellent but I liked "Skracken" the most. I wish I had bought the pic disc records when I had the chance along with "From fix to fix".

Yeah, gotta agree with recommendations of "Furyfication", "Farsot" and "Skräcken" (got this about a month ago). In addition I should mention "From Fix To Fix" which remains my favorite for now (to my ears, tape edition works better but CD does the trick as well). Anyway, you can't go wrong with ANY Alfarmania, as far as I've heard. Those old live tapes has very disturbed aura in em...

Grübelschlinge

Heldentum - Waffenweihe LP (Blut & Eisen)
Strong, catchy, uplifting. Superb songwriting. Arisches Blut soll nicht untergehen.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on November 29, 2015, 11:39:18 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 29, 2015, 10:25:24 PM

Yeah, gotta agree with recommendations of "Furyfication", "Farsot" and "Skräcken" (got this about a month ago). In addition I should mention "From Fix To Fix" which remains my favorite for now (to my ears, tape edition works better but CD does the trick as well). Anyway, you can't go wrong with ANY Alfarmania, as far as I've heard. Those old live tapes has very disturbed aura in em...

I can also recommend the Farsot tape. I've probably said it before but the best material to my ears out of Kristian's projects is Survival Unit's Fentanyl Martyrs 2xCD. such an overwhelming piece of work!

currently listening
Pink Floyd - Animals CD - hadn't listened to this album in a long time, but spent the weekend doing a lot of driving listening to it over and over. still my favorite PF without questions. "Dogs" especially is utter perfection.

testing out my new Tascam deck:
v/a - End For Simulation of Pro-Creation cassette - raw, live to tape, noise and p.e. action. not a bad song on here.
Pain Nail - Untitled cassette
Grunt - Survivalists cassette
Grunt - Ritual of Mortality cassette
- great recording but having a weird issue with the sound on this one. a-side sound is in the red and totally balanced on both sides. for some reason on the b-side the left channel is significantly lower and overall the sound is not as loud. haven't listened to this tape in a long time so I don't remember if it was always like this. tried it on my old Denon deck and had the same problem...
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Dr Alex

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on December 01, 2015, 10:21:41 PM
currently listening
Pink Floyd - Animals CD - hadn't listened to this album in a long time, but spent the weekend doing a lot of driving listening to it over and over. still my favorite PF without questions. "Dogs" especially is utter perfection.

Seconded for album and track!!

Andrew McIntosh

I'm not normally a Deutsch Nepal fan but I am an alcoholic and I do really like this song. The serious drinkers' death march.
https://vimeo.com/145885633

Edit - reminds me a bit of Bordel Militare's "Oblivion Drinkers", although obviously darker and more serious. A pity Ben hasn't uploaded a version of that song yet (that I've found).
Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

Also just got the Hands To mp3 dvd. Even in compressed form, that's over three gig of material. Pretty incredible body of work, not sure how or if I'll get through it all, but it's great to have it handy. So far, "Q'qifa" has some great sounding metal bashing, not always loop based, and "Grill" and other pieces from "Fingers Breath" have a nice, rusty, encompassing sound. Nice to hear material that leans closer to outright raw Noise as much as more "sound object study" material, but it's all great. The sound is passable (the notes on the original "Q'qifa" tape advise listening on a cheap shit player anyway), and I'm told Jerman himself wanted the files to be in mp3 form, so here it is.
Shikata ga nai.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on December 01, 2015, 10:21:41 PM
Grunt - Ritual of Mortality cassette - great recording but having a weird issue with the sound on this one. a-side sound is in the red and totally balanced on both sides. for some reason on the b-side the left channel is significantly lower and overall the sound is not as loud. haven't listened to this tape in a long time so I don't remember if it was always like this. tried it on my old Denon deck and had the same problem...

Just checked and there's no such issues on my copy. Hell of a live recording for sure!

Deadpriest

Hiya I'm listening to a bit of gore "music" atm:

Intestinal Disgorge  Drowned In Rectal Sludge: Brutal riffs, about 10 different vocal styles that chop nonsensically back and forth, under more chopping back and forth nonsensically, this time, with different drumming styles (I have't done it justice there) also it's shitilly recorded.

Artery Eruption  Spewage: ultra lo fi ultra shambolic brutal grindgore

I have a Last Days Of Humanity respective that I'm going through (2 hours + of sickening brutality)

and

Randy H, Y. Yau  Coagulation: cut up harsh noise that sounds as though it's alive (like the contact miced manipulated flesh the sound sources  (I think) that are used). Also it has a lot of cool mouth and throat sounds.

wickedsick bro!
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/