TG no more

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, October 29, 2010, 09:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

From Porridge's website, here's the bit I like -
QuoteAs soon as we have composed a written version of what series of events we believe led to my feeling unable to remain part of THIS short tour by the re-grouped TG that feels acceptable we will post it here.
- that, after a spew about the big, bad internet spreading rumours. For fuck's sake man, just spit it out. Did you miss a plane? Did have have a blue with someone? Are you so much of an "artist" that you can't even give a simple explanation for missing out on gigs with your own fucking band? This is why I think the whole thing's a wind-up. He must have gotten a few solid hints that his involvement wasn't much more than cosmetic so decided to "show them" by pulling out of the rest of the tour and instead found that his involvement really wasn't much more than cosmetic. If there's a contract with the promoters that the full, original line up of TG was promised then he's broken it.
Shikata ga nai.

HongKongGoolagong

Genesis always seems to get the flak for his drama queen behaviour, yet Chris Carter has been known to throw hissy fits and spectacular passive-aggressive antics too. Don't know about the other two.

Personally I think GP-O with his atrocious singing, cracked ideas and bizarre appearance is/was the only interesting thing left in TG, who now make safe coffee table versions of their old stuff with Carter's Tangerine Dream fixation more apparent than ever. Just my opinion!

XXX

sleazy died last night.

Concrete Violin

The mission is now terminated.

RG

Anyone hear what the cause of death was? I read that he died in his sleep, but he was only 55 years old so that is somewhat odd.

post-morten

The following was posted to the Coil mailing list by someone who knew Sleazy well, and visited him in Thailand recently. Make of it what you want...

"From what I understand, Sleaz had a very long and busy, happy day of work.  Later that night he had an even more enjoyable and happy evening, falling asleep when all was good.  Early that morning he was unresponsive to houseboys, apparently dying of a suspected heart attack whilst deep in post coital slumber.  The only way to go, I'm sure."

RG

I picture him as a Col. Kurtz type character, except gay and surrounded by a harem of Thai ladyboys.

RG

That Coil DVD boxset he put together that came out recently is mind-bending. Was anyone here obsessed and rich enough to get one of those?

Since Sleazy will no longer be around to handle Threshold House, I wonder what the fate of all that material will be. It would be nice if some of those Coil releases would get better distribution. I still haven't bought the Musick to Play In The Dark CDs because I don't really feel like spending $50 for two discs.

jc

Quote from: RG on November 27, 2010, 06:49:06 AM
That Coil DVD boxset he put together that came out recently is mind-bending. Was anyone here obsessed and rich enough to get one of those?

Since Sleazy will no longer be around to handle Threshold House, I wonder what the fate of all that material will be. It would be nice if some of those Coil releases would get better distribution. I still haven't bought the Musick to Play In The Dark CDs because I don't really feel like spending $50 for two discs.

a very good friend of mine has been working for quite a while on a cd box of reissues of ALL of coil's old material. everything was to be released on double-disc, with the second disc containing outtakes and unreleased tracks. everything would then afterwards be available individually for a nice price. not only was he an immense fan of coil, he was a close friend of peter and he will under no circumstances allow coil's legacy to fade away due to lack of reissues. things may be significantly slowed down as a result of his death, but coil material will still be available to those who want it for a long time.