Started by online prowler, September 21, 2013, 02:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

online prowler

Goat93

Sorry for the wrong Adress.

They are good btw. I used therm for a Black Metal Tape lately

online prowler

no worries. thanx

A friend just told me he used them as well on a noise batch. So far good experience. I'll ask him when he have the goods. Valid inquiry... do you live inside or outside of the EU boarders? I myself is located outside, so all shipping to and fro are a bit expensive.

Goat93

In Germany, so its very Easy to handle it for me. And glady Homedubbing is Over

wayne

online prowler

Føkk yea!

Great stack. 1:1 connection or serialized somehow?

FreakAnimalFinland

This is how I do it. Except that I have only bought one same manufacturers decks of same series. Not that sound is very different in recording heads, but easier to control levels etc. I think serializing is easy as fuck. I have never noticed any problem with sound if signal route is simply:

CD player out -> input tape 1, output to tape 2, output to tape 3, etc... Even 5-6 decks, and sound appears to be exactly same. Each deck has gain & balance buttons anyway, so it's easy to adjust this in way that each deck is pretty much once adjusted correct volume. After this you merely need to adjust CD player to 1st deck according to current dubbing project, and rest of decks are automatically correct.

I started now to listen samples of each tape I dub. Just quickly fast forward few minutes from beginning, check volume balance and sound quality from both sides that it's satisfactory. Now that tapes tend to cost even 7 euro each, I would assume making sure dubbing is suitable is mandatory. These days the blank tapes are so varied in quality, that even if recording levels appears to be good in process, better check out what actually was caught on tape. Sometimes even "all in red" noise dubbing on semi-faulty tape (for example pad below magnetic tape slightly out of place) can result that actually only couple lights blinking on one channel. Due tape being such a small "machine", now I tend to check that all is in order before I even start to dub. Like enough tension in "pad" to make proper magnetic head/tape connection etc.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

wayne

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 23, 2014, 09:48:58 AM
This is how I do it. Except that I have only bought one same manufacturers decks of same series. Not that sound is very different in recording heads, but easier to control levels etc. I think serializing is easy as fuck. I have never noticed any problem with sound if signal route is simply:

CD player out -> input tape 1, output to tape 2, output to tape 3, etc... Even 5-6 decks, and sound appears to be exactly same. Each deck has gain & balance buttons anyway, so it's easy to adjust this in way that each deck is pretty much once adjusted correct volume. After this you merely need to adjust CD player to 1st deck according to current dubbing project, and rest of decks are automatically correct.

I started now to listen samples of each tape I dub. Just quickly fast forward few minutes from beginning, check volume balance and sound quality from both sides that it's satisfactory. Now that tapes tend to cost even 7 euro each, I would assume making sure dubbing is suitable is mandatory. These days the blank tapes are so varied in quality, that even if recording levels appears to be good in process, better check out what actually was caught on tape. Sometimes even "all in red" noise dubbing on semi-faulty tape (for example pad below magnetic tape slightly out of place) can result that actually only couple lights blinking on one channel. Due tape being such a small "machine", now I tend to check that all is in order before I even start to dub. Like enough tension in "pad" to make proper magnetic head/tape connection etc.

I agree 100% to that...

i was thinking about buying one for a long time now, so yesterday i bought this baby here

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: whiteheatnoise on September 24, 2013, 07:43:56 PM
here in the U.S. I recommend National Audio Company. Their prices are very reasonable (around $2 per tape) and the have several options as far as length, type of cassette, shell/ink colors, etc. Have dealt with them a few times and I've been satisfied each time.

http://nationalaudiocompany.com/Cassette-Duplication-C14001181.aspx

I used these guys recently based on the recommendation here. Worked out very nicely. Great sounding tapes and they did a very good job with the artwork.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

online prowler

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on February 24, 2014, 04:02:35 PM
Quote from: whiteheatnoise on September 24, 2013, 07:43:56 PM
here in the U.S. I recommend National Audio Company. Their prices are very reasonable (around $2 per tape) and the have several options as far as length, type of cassette, shell/ink colors, etc. Have dealt with them a few times and I've been satisfied each time.

http://nationalaudiocompany.com/Cassette-Duplication-C14001181.aspx

I used these guys recently based on the recommendation here. Worked out very nicely. Great sounding tapes and they did a very good job with the artwork.

Thanx for the feedback Concrete Mascara.

SNR

I do my stuff on a machine like this one, at a nearby duplicator... No problem with anything, so far.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

wayne

Quote from: SNR on February 25, 2014, 10:31:16 AM
I do my stuff on a machine like this one, at a nearby duplicator... No problem with anything, so far.

This is pretty awesome !

krueleco

About Vinilificio i'm still waiting my tapes!They should arrive this week or next. Anyway they seem to be very professional. You can order from a minimun of 50 copies with full colored cover and body imprinting. I asked an estimate to some companies and most of them did not reply to me. Asap i'll receive the tapes i'll post an opinion about the overall quality