Workout PE/Noise/Industrial/etc

Started by birthdeath, February 12, 2015, 12:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simulacrum

The funny thing is that I do not really like Daft Punk at all save for a scant few tracks, but that essential mix is golden.
I listen to at least the first 20 minutes most times I visit the local swolehouse.

simulacrum

I can't relate to everyone who listens to ambient stuff when working out. I need violence and anger to allow me to focus on each rep cuz there's a chance I could fail any given set on most of the major lifts. I wish I had my own private gym in an empty warehouse so I could scream and yell and grunt as loud as I want and throw my weights around when I ace my sets and break shit when I don't.

I also wish I could find, if there is one, a project whose lyrical fare reminds me of Hatebreed's first two LP's. No hopelessness, no cowardice, no self-loathing, no fear. Only strength, discipline and determination.

andy vomit

my go-to workout albums:

organized resistance - day of the rope
whitehouse - bird seed
deathpile - G.R.
agoraphobic nosebleed - altered states of america
mayhem - de mysteriis dom sathanas
carnivore - retaliation

thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

bitewerksMTB

When I ride bike trails that have lots of fast corners, I listen to motorcycle sounds:

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/video-lars-sternberg-getting-his-braap-on/

Machine loops & train sounds come in handy when doing steep, slow climbs but they're not as fun as the MX sounds.

firstcircle

Quote from: simulacrum on February 13, 2015, 01:42:40 PM
I also wish I could find, if there is one, a project whose lyrical fare reminds me of Hatebreed's first two LP's. No hopelessness, no cowardice, no self-loathing, no fear. Only strength, discipline and determination.
Satisfaction... is one of my regular workout albums. Terror is good, and Righteous Jams has a goofier if still determined feel, but recently I've just been listening to Have Heart and xRepentancex whenever I'm working out. Soul Swallower is another good one.

simulacrum

Trapped Under Ice has suitable lyrics.
Soul Search is rly good but, fuck, the singer hates himself so much. He needs to blast some pe and go lift weights and mind his macros.

birthdeath

Quote from: andy vomit on February 13, 2015, 11:36:30 PM
my go-to workout albums:

organized resistance - day of the rope
whitehouse - bird seed
deathpile - G.R.
agoraphobic nosebleed - altered states of america
mayhem - de mysteriis dom sathanas
carnivore - retaliation

As much as I love black metal, I still can't work out to it for some reason. Unless it's black/death shit like Blasphemy or Revenge.

birthdeath

Quote from: Dr Alex on February 14, 2015, 01:02:03 AM
Hm... Still didn't try to workout with noise or pe... I usually listen to Fear Factory, Godflesh or W.A.S.P. :)

Godflesh is fucking Perfect for working out

THE RITA HN

Like most people, I used to get really psyched up skating and bmxing to music at skate parks, private bowls, etc. but these days, it's extra fucking annoying hearing something blaring when your lying in agony on the flat bottom after a good bail.  The only thing you can think of is, "turn off that fucking music..."

simulacrum

ugh u guyz! how could I forget my old go-to, FFH's Make Them Understand. Hitler Jugend Dagger makes me want to deadlift factory machinery.

Leewar

Danzig only, hence i lift houses filled with strippers.

ligature impression

Most of the time, noise/industrial doesn't hit the spot for me. Brethren, post-2000 Whitehouse, BDN and some Skinny Puppy type shit have worked. If I'm trying to hit it hard though, Hornets of the Pogrom is the way to go.

Coma Detox

I mainly do powerlifting and noise and PE don't really work for me when doing that.  Repulsion, Infest, Negative Approach, early Cro-Mags, Despise You and Crossed Out seem to do the trick.  I can listen to noise and PE when doing some type of cardio that doesn't require as much focus.

birthdeath

Quote from: Coma Detox on February 17, 2015, 05:06:59 AM
I mainly do powerlifting and noise and PE don't really work for me when doing that.  Repulsion, Infest, Negative Approach, early Cro-Mags, Despise You and Crossed Out seem to do the trick.  I can listen to noise and PE when doing some type of cardio that doesn't require as much focus.

cool there's powerviolence fans on this forum too!! I pulled up your stuff on youtube i think a while back and liked it, real grainy and shit, may have bought a tape. I don't know I've got lots of tapes would have to dig