PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nidding

Cloama - Neuroscan Organization LP
It's been literally years since I listened to the Cloama material I had standing around, but this one and the Death Certificate 7" are pretty great releases. There's the occasional low point, but that's easily outweighed by the heavy, oppressive atmosphere of the album. I still do get weirded out by the catchy, danceable part on 1st track on the B side.

Raionbashi - Kollekte LP
This record never gets old. There's so many different things going on and you always notice new things. Also the manner in which you listen can change the whole experience; are you really listening or is it just running in the background? The way it interacts with you is completely different. With a record so diverse it could easily end up being a random mishmash, but the whole way through it keeps a consistent feel and even at it's most absurd never succumbs to foolishness.

Darksmith - Total Vacuum LP
It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's so cool about this record, but I keep going back to it lately. It's a pretty quiet affair with lots of micro sounds, weird loops, field recordings and clattering - a modern musique concrète record with a more crude rather than academic approach, which I appreciate. Highly recommended.

Also spinning the master for the upcoming Lettera 22 - Time Collected cassette quite a lot. Look forward to this material, it's fantastic!

FreakAnimalFinland

STAB ELECTRONICS LP
fuck!! So, when the best PE releases are being done, lets limit them to 100! Well, I guess nowadays it is the magickal number that lower profile label can move? If you like his two tapes on F&V, this simply crushes them both to pieces. Combines the raw and fierce feedback/PE to more "german" sound. There is occasional wibe of old Con-Dom and 80's G.O., but perhaps more the distorted synth domination closer to Operation Cleansweep and the overall saturated distortion of Subliminal. This saturation is one of the best qualities of LP. It's like some of the noisiest Haus Arafna etc, where everything has this neat grainy textured overdrive, which makes the sounds blend together perfectly. Whoever is the mastering wizard, he might be the one that really made this work? Thinking of the same material without the saturation, it could be desaster. Many of the tracks operate on very simple synth tones or loops and the sound quality is absolutely crucial element. Even if perhaps vocal performance is another thing what is very very good. So, anyone into straight forward nasty PE, do not hesitate!  
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

Mazakon Tactics - Submerging In Shallow Waters (C25, Danvers State Recordings): Well, this turned out quite different than I expected. The sample I heard was some metal clanging, cool Death Metalalike vocals and distorted rumble. Now, on the rest of the tape, there are quite some parts without distortion, and less metal sounds than I expected. It's more some dark industrial/ambient, if that would be a good description. The DM vocals return now and then together with some other vocals. Some less parts, but overall this was a positive listen.

RU-486 - Disease and Development (C10, Danvers State Recordings): Got this because I wanted to hear something from him. Bit of a strange tape, two songs, which are quite different. First one is lo-fi, kind of muddy, distortion with cool aggressive vocals, whereas the second track is without vocals, seems less lo-fi and sounds fluttering (well, that's the word that comes into my mind when listening to it). Maybe these are two tracks from different sessions, I don't know. Don't know what to think of it yet, but due to the short length, I'll definately play it again.

Revenge - Victory.Intolerance.Mastery (C30, Rotting Chapel): Got this tape for little money. Fucking nice, such a bass driven, subterranean sound. Bummed I couldn't go to the Revenge/Inquisition show yesterday.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Sloth - Voice of God
Blood Axis - Ultimacy
Cult of Youth - Cult of Youth
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

NNERVES

Core - 'Chants Of Race And Emptiness'
Asmus Tietchens 'Seuchengebiete 2'
Total - 'Sutra'

SKY BURIAL

Angelic Upstarts- Teenage Warning
Amebix- Monolith

FreakAnimalFinland

KARASYOZOKU "mischievous sigyn 1923" tape
One of those Lust Vessel tapes that are more industrial type of stuff. Loops, theremins, noisy stuff but never really harsh.

MACRONYMPHA "Metal noise" tape
Long tape... is this C-100? C-120? Feels like more than 90 minutes. It is just what name suggests. Plenty of playing time is sheer metal junk abuse, but it also goes into full force harsh noise assaults. 1993 recordings but tape is one of those Stella's recent years releases. Good dupping, good stuff, most definitely worth of around 10usd prices he was asking. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing more Macro stuff on CD re-issues!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashley Choke

Spine Scavenger - Shackles Of Man/Measured Time LP
Great LP and in general project from what've heard so far. Dilloway can rarely do wrong, even if I enjoyed the tape I own(Shameful Progress....) more.

Terry Riley - A Rainbow In Curved Air
Now spinning for the first time, sounds fantastic esp. Side B. I really need to get ...All Night Drive Best thing I heard from TR. His use of Time-Lag is simply amazing. The gorgeous original CD artwork should justify the steep price. Also need to get Rodger Stella's recent Riech/Riley "remix"

Åke Hodell - 220 Volt Buddha
70's to the bone. Really nice, I imagine the oscillations on here is from a machine similar to the one I use myself, makes me feel deep, artistic and intellectual. Haha

Joseph Hammer - I Love You...
Fantastic loop record. Put most contemporary "demented tape loop bullshit" to bed. Absolutely horrible title tho' so bad I couldn't even write it to the end.

EDIT: Also Assault Guard master for his first release, reminds me of a more lo-fi, organic, analog version of BDN - Greatest Death. Looking forward to his debut show on the 30Th

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: AC on September 21, 2011, 01:33:53 PM
analog version of BDN

Do you mean BDN would be digital in some way?

ConcreteMascara

Shift - Have No Fury / Jag var i kulverten 7" - I like this one a lot. Very melancholic but I still consider it heavy, just not in the traditional sense.

SNUFF - II LP - it's been several months since I've listened to SNUFF which made this all the better.

IFOTS - Danny La Rue Died in His Sleep tape - listening to this in anticipation of hearing the new album. The last track on the a-side with it's super low end always gets me.

Will Over Matter - Might of the Planet Eater 2xCD & WOM / BU - Split LP - same as above, getting psyched for the new WOM album.

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal - Not as good as Realm of Chaos or In Battle... but way better than the few albums preceding it.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 19, 2011, 08:12:15 PM
STAB ELECTRONICS LP
fuck!! So, when the best PE releases are being done, lets limit them to 100! Well, I guess nowadays it is the magickal number that lower profile label can move? If you like his two tapes on F&V, this simply crushes them both to pieces. Combines the raw and fierce feedback/PE to more "german" sound. There is occasional wibe of old Con-Dom and 80's G.O., but perhaps more the distorted synth domination closer to Operation Cleansweep and the overall saturated distortion of Subliminal. This saturation is one of the best qualities of LP. It's like some of the noisiest Haus Arafna etc, where everything has this neat grainy textured overdrive, which makes the sounds blend together perfectly. Whoever is the mastering wizard, he might be the one that really made this work? Thinking of the same material without the saturation, it could be desaster. Many of the tracks operate on very simple synth tones or loops and the sound quality is absolutely crucial element. Even if perhaps vocal performance is another thing what is very very good. So, anyone into straight forward nasty PE, do not hesitate!  

I agree 100%. Such a good piece of work. I liked how he throw a sample from American Psycho in there, heh.

RyanWreck

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 19, 2011, 12:07:34 AM
Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on September 18, 2011, 06:08:49 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on September 16, 2011, 11:31:41 PM
damaar - triumph through spears of sacrilege

Wonder if they're still active? Would love to hear a full-length!

Incredibly album from my fellow brethren, shame about them getting kicked out of Lebanon.

Last I heard, they have relocated to Australia and they were writing a full length, I don't know if it happened or not.

Kicked out of Lebanon! Any details online about that? I was thinking they were Iran...

They didn't get kicked out they simply left in order to release their music (kinda funny since they went through all that trouble for one little release). See below:

Quote"While most bands fantasize about war and glorify violence they have never witnessed, Damaar hail from Lebanon where war perpetually looms. Furthermore, Damaar's devotion to metal can hardly be questioned. In order to protect themselves from retaliation by the government, they were forced to distribute their demo by mp3 rather than tape or CD. Thus in the face powerful religious zealots, Damaar persisted in pursuing its evil directives. After relocating to Australia, Damaar was able to finally send out a proper (non-mp3) master and collect artwork for the vinyl release of their demo on NWN!

Nyodene D

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on September 21, 2011, 06:03:07 PM

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal - Not as good as Realm of Chaos or In Battle... but way better than the few albums preceding it.

Bolt Thrower: Come for the Warhammer artwork, stay for the death metal.

ConcreteMascara

Haha exactly. As a guy who used to play Warhammer 40k, Bolt Thrower was like a gift from the mighty Chaos gods back in middle school.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

P-K

Quote from: Peterson on September 22, 2011, 01:40:17 AMa future of D&D, Warhammer, Magic: The Gathering, and all of the other terrible fantasy stuff teens are typically into...haha!

Battletech !