PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprachlos

Quote from: mevsocsci on September 27, 2011, 11:56:05 PM
All the new VoD sets are superb but the Laibach and Tazartes sets are just outstanding. Gonna play the Grim set again right now.

The Tazartès box set sounds nice all right, and I'm definitely tempted, but the fact that I already own the Dais version of "Diasporas" makes me a bit hesitant to cough up the dough. And also, there is the Alga Marghen CD box, as it seems containing roughly the same material. The VOD is remastered, ok, but I don't really care about that in this case. Does anyone know if they differ in any other regard (not packaging-wise, obviously)? I know there's a DVD included on the VOD release, but on the AM there's a 3" CD with new material.

I also wonder about the Grim box. There's an already existing CD compilation available for cheap, so is there any difference between that and the VOD box apart from the presentation?

P-K

VOD's Grim box has the Vital-cassette on lp, and it is very, very good.......

Levas

Peenemünde - Peenemünde CD That's fantastic

pontifx

brighter death now - very little fun

wow...

SKY BURIAL

Harmonia- Musik Von Harmonia
µ-Ziq- In Pine Effect

ARKHE

LP harvest from Posh Isolation:
PUCE MARY / LR - the Closed Room - the A side (care of PM) is really blowing my mind these days. Pretty simple and clean sounds, monotonous and repetitive, but very uncomfortable and haunting. Brings my mind to a less post-apocalyptic, more introspective (and less tight) Anenzephalia. The LR material is good on this one, but kind of eclipsed by PUCE MARY. A bit too repetitive for my taste. 2nd proper release of PM, right? Already a great maturity to sound and approach, letting the sounds echo out, not making the landscapes too busy with unneeded sound elements. Same goes for LR. It's dark as hell, but still with a sense of melody to it.

LR - Exile - now this is better! Heavy, minimalist industrial sound, filthy and grainy without becoming unnecessarily harsh or retarded. Needs a few more spins, but I like it so far. Vocals a bit too Prurientish on the B side (the low, groaning style of "And still, wanting" etc), preferred the screaming on the "Rosenmunde" 2cs from last year which was heavier and more distorted (=easier to get into, in a weird way). As mentioned above, both PM and LR keep their soundscapes clear and open, with a melodic bend but without turning it to sappy melancholy (mentioning "And still, wanting", which sounds like Mortiis in comparison). Greatly balanced heavy industrial music.

Going onwards to DAMIEN DUBROVNIK and CHRISTIAN STADSGAARD as the week progresses. What I like about the Posh Isolation releases I've seen & heard is the combination of grimy filth and simplicity, with a bit more complex, dare I say artistic ideas. Maybe pretentious to some, but I think that these guys have some solid creativity to build on. The xerox collages and type-written pages aren't always that clear as to what they are about, what they are saying, which is refreshing. Nothing wrong with autopsy/crime scene/broken genitalia/gutter romanticism/fascism, but it's always "fun" with a bit more contemplative works that aren't in your face.

Otherwise:
KNELT ROTE - didn't know Gordon (right?) from OSCILLATING INNARDS was a grinder. Great material, he's a good vocalist, and the fuse of harsh noise/grindcore... more bands should do that, from a "proper" harsh noise perspective (doing it the "real way" so to speak).

DISCORDANCE AXIS - JON CHANG. The VOICE.

SHIFT / SICK SEED lp - I probably should've listened to this half a year ago when everyone else was, but anyway... Sorry Shift, but your side is absolutely CRUSHING. Probably the best SHIFT material released so far; devastating power and heavy ambiance. SS side is also nasty shit. Have only heard the previous "guilty Pleasures" tape on Unrest which didn't really convince me, but on this LP his sounds really come out the best. Great stuff.

Ashley Choke

PM/LR LP is a collaborative effort all tracks was recorded by both artist

Really looking forward to seeing LR live tomorrow. The rehearsals sounded great

ARKHE

Really? Well that puts it in a different perspective; the sounds on the A side reminded me of the footage from PUCE MARY's set at Utmarken (that pulse sound) so I assumed it was more of a split than collaboration. My mistake! Will reconsider the B-side then, as if a part of a whole and not an opposition of the A-side.

What I've seen from Loke at earlier occasions haven't been disappointing (can't remember under which entitites; LR? Damien Dubrovnik?), looking forward to the gig tomorrow, definitely.

Tenebracid

contagious orgasm - voltage controlled filter
predominance - obliteration
predominance - hindemburg
va - incendium (loki foundation)

vlai44

Quote from: pestdemon on September 29, 2011, 10:55:32 AM

Otherwise:
KNELT ROTE - didn't know Gordon (right?) from OSCILLATING INNARDS was a grinder. Great material, he's a good vocalist, and the fuse of harsh noise/grindcore... more bands should do that, from a "proper" harsh noise perspective (doing it the "real way" so to speak).

If you enjoy Knelt Rote, you should also check out another of his grind bands, VILE HORRENDOUS AERIEL BOMBARDMENT.  check out this thing he's playing:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Fj8Mr1wFs

Listening to Militia "The Black Flag Hoisted"... a project I've always wanted to like, but every time I listen to an album, it comes off less than satisfying.  Not sure why.

NNERVES

Test Department with Brith Gof – 'Gododdin'

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: NERVES on September 29, 2011, 09:28:54 PM
Test Department with Brith Gof – 'Gododdin'

Great album!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

andy vomit

Quote from: pestdemon on September 29, 2011, 10:55:32 AM
DISCORDANCE AXIS - JON CHANG. The VOICE.

"the inalienable dreamless," i hope?
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

ConcreteMascara

It's all about Jouhou. That's where it's at.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

ARKHE

andy & CM: BOTH of course. + Gridlink's both.

Today, a bit softer: ANGE - Caricatures and MAGMA - Wurdah Itah.