PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGRA

Skinny Puppy - Tin Omen 12"
Skinny Puppy - Testure 12"
Skinny Puppy - Tormentor 12" - really feeling Skinny Puppy these days for some reason

Very nice! Love Skinny Puppy - the older the better!

eyestrain

Cédric Dambrain Subjective Slave (Roughledge): Just enjoying samples (http://www.roughledge.com/subjective-slave-release/) for the moment. Stellar stuff!
Miguel A. Ruiz Batan Bruits II (Nostalgie De La Boue): Freebie on bandcamp (http://nostalgiedelaboue.bandcamp.com/album/batan-bruits-ii). Late 80's synth work that encapsulates 50% of the going trends. Varied as hell. Pretty great album!
John Smith/Sean Dower/John Mylotte The Curfew Recordings (Harbinger Sound): Metgumbnerbone related project recorded in the mid 80's. Sounds like...yep!
Francisco Meirino Knowing More How Than Why (Untreated Recordings From On-Site Testimonials Archives) (Impulsive Habitat): Fantastic as usual.
Francisco Meirino The Back Of My Skull (Absence Of Wax): Ditto.
Kouhei Matsunaga/Niko Skorpio Split (Deserted Factory): Haven't gotten around to Niko's tracks more than once, but I wasn't feeling them too much. Kouhei is awesome as usual. Contributions from Greg Davis (!), Rudolf Eb.er, Raionbashi, Frans de Waard, Carlos Giffoni amongst many others.

fin de siècle

7MON / NECROCANNIBALISTIC VOMITORITIUM -split 7"
Quite lazy noisecore ...
[/quote]

i stopped collecting 7MON after "Your Father Was A Poser... And What's About You??" ... I think "Thrashbora" flexi is still their best : )

FreakAnimalFinland

BORBETOMAGUS "Vole lotta love" LP
Huh?! This happened 2005! It's one of those gigs that still is talked about. Some may remember Grunt doing slightly obscene "Trite" video gig, or the Swedes doing solid harsh set, but for most it is without doubt BORBETOMAGUS. If still almost decade (fuck, how time flies!) later one is like "damn, that was good gig!", it must have been.
And as proof, this LP brings back fresh memories. It is edit of the set, but well done. About 40 minutes playtime, but gig itself was more than hour wasn't it? If counting encore. The gig was, and this LP is perhaps my favorite Borbetomagus. Sound quality is very good. It captures heaviness, ripping harsh power of amplifiers, screaming frenzy of audience, and when you hear the amount of clapping & cheering in end of LP, you realize audience was very impressed!
I think I still have mini-dv tape of video recording on this gig somewhere... at least most of it. Complete gig didn't fit on the tape. If you like loud and fierce harsh noise, this is absolute must. "jazz" and "free music" elements here are basically just about band using saxophones and guitar, but it all is crushed under massive amplifier and distortion power.
Finnish labels put this out. Neat silk screened covers too.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

andy vomit

THE GREY WOLVES - Blood and Sand LP/CD
NAXAL PROTOCOL - The Guilty Should Get What They Deserve!
U-731 (UNITED FRONT) - By All Means...

i did guest vocals on the NP and U-731 albums, so i'm kinda biased i guess, but they're fucking good. 
the GW LP sounds great.  missed it the first time around...  glad to finally have a hard copy.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Levas

Gelsomina - Puthogenetics: Collection this is great starting from the cover and ending with last seconds of compilation. It was truly a great noise project.

Pain Jerk-Courtis - Pachinko Blast Anarchy - well, I don't remember when was the last time I listened to Pain Jerk, but this is quite decent disc.

Verde - Petoviha - for some reason this project really draws my attention all the time. It's jazz/experimental or something like that, but it is very well done and this album is not an exception.

VA - The End for Simulation of Pro-Creation - Grunt is great. Was wondering about Dorchester Library. They were good. Overall solid 4 way split.

Les Stagnateurs - Ex Pasimatymas - Lithuanian funk band. Finally started to understand what's funk all about.

P. Kerin - Arm's Length - nice packaging and good noise/pe

Mutant Ape/Wertham - long tracks from both of the artists and a couple shorter ones from Mutant Ape. What's weird is that these long tracks sounds best and doesn't loose it after 10 or 15 minutes.

Age Coin - Hard Knit part 1 and 2 - I'd say it's minimal techno, but I think it was described as sort of industrial so it's ok.

:m: ‎– La Nauseé - it's great and solid act! Most of the stuff I've heard is really great noise. This one's with neat packaging too.

Deterge - Gestation - it's good and solid PE. just the description of the box about many inserts and so on is slightly misleading, but overall - worth it.

Guilty C / .nyctalops. - audible plague menace - guilty c is not too interesting apart from a few parts sounds are lurking in one colored noise. and though I never got into .nyctalops. stuff, it is better on this CD.

mdtdeath

Kickback - No Surrender (i've to add something? :) )

ConcreteMascara

looking through old threads about EBM I was inspired to check out Klinik by Mr. Shift and P-K's recommendation. Now I only wish I knew of them sooner.

Klinik - Plague
Klinik - Time
Klinik - Melting Close + Sabotage
Klinik - Face to Face

just mp3s for now, but i've already got Face to Face LP on its way. shit is seriously good.

i haven't been on the board as much lately, but it never ceases to amaze me how much good music i've gotten into through recommendations here. Cheers!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Dr Alex

This week:

Blitzkrieg Baby - Porcus Norvegicus cd
Budrūs - Devyniems Rytams Auštant cd
Budrūs - Canine Visions IX cd
Canaan - Walk Into My Open Womb 2xcd
Control Resistance - Declaration 1994-2011 cd
Dažd - Dažd LP
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O. 2xLP
Hiroshi Hasegawa / Positive Adjustments - Cryptic Void cd
Funeral Moth - Dense Fog cd
Iron Maiden - Killers cd
Iron Maiden - Powerslave cd
K2 / GX - Convulsing Vestibular cd
Naxal Protocol - The Guilty Should Get What They Deserve! cd
Serpentcult - Trident Nor Fire cd
The Rita - Shooting Sharks 7"
The Vomit Arsonist - An Occasion For Death cd
The Vomit Arsonist - Go Without cd
The Vomit Arsonist - Wretch cd
Trepaneringsritualen - The Totality Of Death (Programme A) cd
Trepaneringsritualen - The Totality Of Death (Programme B) cd

Jaakko V.

Ø – Konstellaatio, 2LP (Sähkö Recordings)

Mika Vainio in a dreamlike mode. Excellent material with a mysterious atmosphere. Sparse beats, ambient textures, etc.

Too bad that the vinyls obviously suffer from bad cutting or mastering; having heard the digital version of this, I'd definitely recommend getting a CD instead...

online prowler

Ruth White - Flowers Of Evil (1969).
Simplistic psych evocations.

Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials (2014).
Weekend impro sessions edited and commited to cd and lp. Interesting, though not essential.

Dusa - Klorofyll.
Swedish balm.

Henrik III

Quote from: Salamanauhat on February 09, 2014, 02:49:26 PM

Mika Vainio in a dreamlike mode. Excellent material with a mysterious atmosphere. Sparse beats, ambient textures, etc.

Too bad that the vinyls obviously suffer from bad cutting or mastering; having heard the digital version of this, I'd definitely recommend getting a CD instead...
I got the vinyl also earlier this week and enjoy it greatly. To me records sound fine (actually I was impressed by the heavy bass of the edition), haven't checked the digital version though. Perhaps you got a defect copy?

HOGRA

GODFLESH "Cold World" ep
THE VOMIT ARSONIST "What Remains" cassette
ANGRY SAMOANS "Inside My Brain" LP
GWAR "Hell-O" LP
SAVAGE AMUSED "Demo" LP
JUICE MACHINE/PATH TO LOBSTER BELIEVERS "Weak Password" split c30

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Henrik III on February 09, 2014, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Salamanauhat on February 09, 2014, 02:49:26 PM

I got the vinyl also earlier this week and enjoy it greatly. To me records sound fine (actually I was impressed by the heavy bass of the edition), haven't checked the digital version though. Perhaps you got a defect copy?

Yeah, this may be the case, I was thinking about it...