PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

Vår ‎– No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers LP - wished i had picked this up sooner. enjoying this record immensely.
V/A - Killed By Deathrock Vol. 1 LP - good stuff
Croatian Amor - Mermaids of Jadransko cassette - I didn't love this cassette when it came out but it's grown on me.
V/A - Copper Roof Houses LP

Marissa Nadler - Little Helps LP
Marissa Nadler - July CD
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

burdizzo

Quote from: tiny_tove on March 16, 2014, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 16, 2014, 01:46:12 PM

CHANGES "A Ripple In Time" CD
For some reason, this has become my most ever listened Changes album. Listened it over and over and over again, home, car, work,.. hard to say is it best Changes by any means, but something here just captured my attention during last couple of weeks that it's been the most listened recording! Folk music, guitar + singing most of all.

big fan of changes and still gutted for missing their gig in Genoa this year.
they wrote some of my favourite songs ever_
- waiting for the fall
- icarus
- fire of life.
- universal soldier

and yes, a Ripple in time is a winner
etc.

Hmm. Maybe I'll give it a go - I did like 'Waiting for the Fall', and I loved the contributions to the Codreneau and David E Williams compilations. However, I have several other complations w/ them on it, and I must say, I can't even remember their tracks. Also, I thought their tracks on the split CD w/ Andrrew King were pretty lame - certainly in comparison w/ the King songs. Do ye reckon 'Ripples...' is the one to get, so?

mdtdeath

Bizarre Uproar - Rape Africa (CD)
A Happy Death / Shiver - Split (Tape)

jadderly

Blast: IIMB
Stratvm Terror: pariah demise
Orbital: in sides

eyestrain

FreakAnimalFinland

RAXIL4 "untitled" tape
Beartown records
Been listening bunch of Beartown records tapes recently and this appears to be the best one of those. Standard, but well done droning electronics.

V/A NORDÖSTRA MALMÖ tape
Elbogen Fonogram
Perhaps c-30 ? Anyways, swedish projects including AMPH, ARKHE, MIRRORS ARE BLACK and such. AMPH is the best one of the comp, but overall very enjoyable tape!

NIDING "Plågor" tape
Posh Isolation
Mix sort of post-raw-BM and post-punkish dark slow material and you got like mix where not entirely sure whether lump this together with Hypothermia and LIK or Lust For Youth and Vår.. hah! Generally neat rugged sound and good riffs as well, yet slightly hard to relate to me, like most of those projects which bend BM traditions to slightly disturbing directions.

ANDREW COLTRANE "Crippled Autopsy" tape
WCN
Another good noise release on the label. First listening appeared to be muddy and lame, but then I realized there was actually slight technical flaw with tape. The pad, which is supposed to push magnetic tape against heads was slightly off-center, causing all high frequencies disapper. Little adjustment with knife and sound improved 100%. Re-listen and realize the muddy harsh junk was actually pretty fierce and brutal material.

ALTAR OF FLIES "Audiotory Hallucinations" tape
Hästen & Korset
Pretty much every AOF tape I have been listening, makes me wonder "why this is just (ltd 50 or so) tape?"
Perhaps it wasn't so consciously crafted to be album, but it feels shame it would disappear into hands of so few collectors. Analogue loops, noises, sound sculptures of finest quality.

BESTIALIZER "Atavistic Aggression" tape
Narcolepsia
And while A LOT of tapes I recently listened, have been so good, that they basically have topped many vinyl and CD releases, there has been some which are just fine, but don't awake feeling that "this should be on CD!". Bestializer tape is one of those. While I like many of the parts, composition or some specific sounds appear little bit missing focus. It's good tape to listen to, but falls into less memorable position, and perhaps just good reference point in development of projects discography, but unlikely any sort of classic. As small edition tape, still good for those looking for less "uptight" energy of tape industrial underground.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Baglady

I agree about Altar Of Flies tapes getting overlooked. Actually, I think Altar Of Flies in itself is an overlooked project. The upside is that his releases stay affordable. Great tape, that one! Kind of got lost in between those three amazing albums he did 2012-2013.

Sewer Election & Fredrikke Hoffmeier - Aska LP (Ideal)
Speaking of overlooked music. SE and Fredrikkes album from last year is such a fine piece of work. Dan being a well known veteran in the scene, and Fredrikke currently being (rightfully so) hyped at the moment, it's strange to notice how little attention this album has received.
Not an easy listen, this one. But when you do find the time and the right mood, it's very rewarding. Bleak and beautiful combination of tape manipulation, field recordings and static (sometimes VERY piercing) electronic sounds, with Fredrikkes sad mumbling being heard in the distance. One for the tired rainy spring mornings. Perfect.

FreakAnimalFinland

What others say "underrated", many others tend to say overrated, hah... Most often it seems like bands that person is listening are "underrated" and what others are listening, are overrated ;)
I think Altar Of Flies, now with doing gigs around world and multiple vinyl releases and such, is already pretty well received among listeners. It may not be about high priced rarities, but that's often reserved for titles with swastika & cock in cover.

CROWN OF CERBERUS "Her Everlasting Strength" tape
Terror
What the fuck? I was quite amazed that this is release of TERROR! What tape offers is, correct me if I'm wrong, reversed and slightly echoed songs of someone like ENYA or the usual "Celtic music new age versions"?! Some tracks appear to be actually build, being loops of such material, but very often it is simply ethereal female vocal focused new age-esque synth lines reversed without any actual manipulation. If it would be just couple intros, why not. But entire tape of that?
https://soundcloud.com/terrorlt/tr-31-crown-of-cerberus-her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_gZ-h2X9Y (reverse some of this..)
I can get it that this is tribute to artists grandmother and emotional release etc, but when it appears to be pretty much nothing but other artists songs reversed (which is like click of one button in editing program), I wonder point of neat pro-tape release?

LAPOT "Igneous Corrosion" tape
Obscurex
Tape that has some very good moments, but overall very very bleak and grey noise. Vocals on early part of first side stand out from piece otherwise not much to deliver. Second side has few very neat moments where feedback erupts loud and violent, and most likely fuzzy sound of scrap metal sounds fast and energy filled. Backbone of one dimensional electronic noise rumble is just slightly too dominating, and side long pieces feel much less interesting than these persons work with other projects. However, it does get better and better through-out the side. At some point feels like leaving out a-side, and just continue from level they reached onmiddle of b-side would have delivered good results.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

eyestrain

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 19, 2014, 11:25:07 AM
It may not be about high priced rarities, but that's often reserved for titles with swastika & cock in cover.

Sage wisdom for future entrepreneurs, hehe.

Terror
What the fuck? I was quite amazed that this is release of TERROR! What tape offers is, correct me if I'm wrong, reversed and slightly echoed songs of someone like ENYA or the usual "Celtic music new age versions"?! Some tracks appear to be actually build, being loops of such material, but very often it is simply ethereal female vocal focused new age-esque synth lines reversed without any actual manipulation. If it would be just couple intros, why not. But entire tape of that?
I can get it that this is tribute to artists grandmother and emotional release etc, but when it appears to be pretty much nothing but other artists songs reversed (which is like click of one button in editing program), I wonder point of neat pro-tape release?

Speaking of overrated, coincidentally enough. Like it's said above essentially, always thought this project would roll well with the New Age Cali post-bath-salts crowd; but since it's Mac's project, it is well-received by a ton of PE-centric folks. Bizarro. Good? Bad? I dunno...certainly not my thing anyway.

Baglady

Hmm, maybe he is more known than I've realised? The noise scene in Sweden (to which he belongs, even though his music stretches beyond it) is so small. 20 or 30 people or so, whom you keep bumping into. I guess such a small context makes it hard to glance outside of it.

Also getting frequent plays since a few weeks back:
MXM - Flesh-Biting Paedophile CD + OVMN - Optimum Volume Maximum Noise CD (Industrial Recollections)
Immense 90's stuff. Seems like the Macro boys + some jap is the ultimate trio when it comes to creating tight and massive harsh noise. Nice! Very lengthy though (as usual)...

m.

Jabber Garland - Catalogue of disasters (Inner Empire). Andreas Brandal and Sindre Bjerga project,  lo-fi droning noise, nice listen
Unknown Artist - Feeling closed in / Birth of the new man / Ashes (Pece) these are very good and deserve more than ultra limited edition cd-r!
One Dark Eye - Transmissions of fistulae auris (Industrial Recollections)
Macronympha - Intensive care (Self Abuse)

Jnz

Quote from: eyestrain on March 19, 2014, 12:16:12 PM
Terror

Speaking of overrated, coincidentally enough. Like it's said above essentially, always thought this project would roll well with the New Age Cali post-bath-salts crowd; but since it's Mac's project, it is well-received by a ton of PE-centric folks. Bizarro. Good? Bad? I dunno...certainly not my thing anyway.

Heh, my thoughts exactly. However, nice artwork design.

mdtdeath

Deprivation  ‎– I Don't Want To Grow Up Here (Tape) Diazepam

great work, enjoyable feedbacks, noise and awesome vocals

HOGRA

THROBBING GRISTLE "1st Annual Report" LP  (bootleg of a "lost" album recorded back in 1975/76)
PIGFACE "Welcome To Mexico...ASSHOLE" cd
DON CABALLERO "For Respect" LP

eyestrain

Clew Of Theseus - Rehearse The Right Life (Husk): Recently decided to get my hands on all the tapes that had been released around the time of the Death Urge LP, because that disc just completely fucked me up. Have been ignoring Ben's more drone-ambient-based works because I was just so fond of those harsh noise early days. Seems like his latter explorations wade heavily on classic industrial territory. This reminds me of M. Bianchi trying to channel Zero Kama. Very simple, mild, hallucinatory feedback works.
Spoils & Relics - Angels Trumpet Over Moonbeams (Chocolate Monk): Had to check them out after the perplexing interview in Fördämning #4. Hard to pin down... it isn't concrète muzak, yet it is. A journey through many, many rooms of unique and puzzling sounds; birds, insects, the human voice, accelerated loops. Very challenging, but rewarding.