PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Monotonous? huh. I think bands whole output since first demo has been monotonous. Especially live gigs I've been, there's constant feeling that didn't they just play this track? But it's part of the charm of Der Sturmer...

anyways, back to playlist:

DEATH SQUAD "Stammheim" tape
Spastik Soniks
Good tape to team up with previously mentioned Acoustic Isolation. Like that tape was dedicated to Meinhoff, this obviously is too. Prison where they died under dubious circumstances. Style is perhaps little more aggressive, yet very similar to the tape. Perhaps I should mention reference to MSBR at their most heavy electronic noise era. Heavy and noisy electronic wall.

TESTICLE HAZARD "het potatis" 7"
A Dear Girl Called Wendy
hmm... sometimes you wonder does it really matter who makes the harsh noise, when the level of great and ok'ish harsh noise is so close that "anyone can do it". Sorry, it's just a lazy thought pattern, and this 7" is very good proof. The two masters and passionate noise fanatics know what they are doing and material they provide is so superior to vast majority of harsh noise out there, that yes: Talent and sheer enthusiasm does help. Noise is so rich in texture and different sounds sources/types and moving so fast towards new things, it's amazing how it manages to remain so sharp and distinctive. No blur, no mud, no shit. Lasse & Tommi are the heroes.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

MT

I have not seen them live. Perhaps I was looking for right expression for the 'force' album has and spot on riff changes etc. Because of this "Banner..." has barely a single boring moment, constant climax. Or that I have been listening to that album a lot ever since it came out.

PTM Jim

Quote from: STREETMEAT on October 18, 2011, 07:34:15 AM
Quote from: PTM Jim on October 18, 2011, 05:58:29 AM
Quote from: STREETMEAT on October 18, 2011, 04:23:47 AM
Quote from: PTM Jim on October 18, 2011, 01:52:32 AM

Prurient - Annihilationist - Looooong (C60) Prurient.  Get down. Stay down.

did you happen to get "Despiritualized" also? nice to see not all of his work to be like the last full length.
Yes, I did.  Just haven't listened to it yet.

I like how many directions he can go, but I actually do like Bermuda Drain. So, meh.

let me know if the two are in the same direction. i missed out on Annihilationist. i didnt think bermuda drain was that bad myself but i would be upset to see him only go in that direction for project. i thought "despiritualized" was great. simple synth work + vocals.  kind of reminds me of something that would be on broken flag.

Despiritualized is pretty much pure PE. 
Ann... is a dirty synth ambient (ambient used loosely).
So, they are nothing alike, and both far from Bermuda Drain.

As for the new Der Sturmer, I like it and I feel it's worth getting.  I agree with Mikko in that the monotony is part of the charm with them.  It's not as good as "Banner" but it's not bad by any means.

Nyodene D

Aluk Todolo & Der Blutharsch - A Collaboration

Machismo - Humiliation in Attitude c-30

Khanate - s/t

Ames Sanglantes - Le Cri Du Pendu

Crawl/Child - s/t

Greymachine - Disconnected

FreakAnimalFinland

7MON "non exact info" 7"
noisecore resistance
Huh!! Its it that 7mon is finally getting better? With handful of pretty pointless "comeback" releases, it is good. It is not as good as they were at the best, but: noisecore + 7" vinyl = great! It is best 7mon since 90's. But not THAT far from their recent works with drum machine, blurry guitar noise and vocals that appear to be talking rather than shouting.

ALTAR OF FLIES "cenotaphs" 7"
Hästen & Korset
Good stuff! Another side I can see this almost like myself doing something, hah! Nice 2-3 second long sound loop, and on the top, raw physical feedback drenched noise. On first side, it was darker synth rumblings, high pitched sine-tone type synth noises, strange howling vocals..
This isn't the best of AOF release, but being 7", I simply like a lot of idea of instant re-play possibilities to fully digest into details.

more soon when time to type...

FreakAnimalFinland

ANTIchildLEAGUE / SCHRÄGE MUSIK split 7"
300 copies hand numbered signed by both artists. Nice 45rpm 7". AcL does one heavy synth driven song Me Me Me. It is basically nicely modulated calm synth pulse with "she thinks she's special" repeated on top with cold spoken, nearly sung voice.
SM is Patrick known from old Death In June, 6th Komm etc. This is very well done piece of slightly goth feel martial industrial. There is sampled percussive base on track. Marching snare and other drums, occasional clangs of metal, droning electronics and gently whispered narration on top of everything. It's very well done, with everything in perfect balance. Maybe more of human touch for the music would make it better, but I'm quite interested to hear what else is done..

SHIFTS "the absent guitarist" 7"
Korm Plastics
1998 release. Shifts not to be confused with any of the bands called Shift. This is Frans De Waard, with his 1st in series of treating some other people's guitar playing to create Shifts singles. Roel Meelkop is guy behind original guitars, but this is transformed into light and fragile high pitched drone. Perhaps "aged" use of phaser/flanger type of treatments, but perhaps artists like Aube did this type of stuff better, but there is some charm in material that doesn't attempt to be "heavy", "loud"  or "deep" like a lot of contemporary guitar drone appears to be?

heretogo

Rudolph Grey - The Real Evelyn McHale / 4 Hands is Better than None 7"
Besides penning that Ed Wood biography, Mr. Grey is a pretty mean free guitarist. A-side (from 2007) is surprisingly droney + lacking in fidelity which results in a bit of a mess overall. Needs more power & mayhem. B-side (1980) includes Sumner Crane on piano and initially I'm feeling more of a weirdo jazz thing... not happening. Chaotic and strange, sounds like somebody is messing with the tape speed or something. Pretty great actually, if you like a decent mind-fuck.

GX Jupitter-Larsen / David Jackman - Dissolving Metal Zeros 7"
Rich tapestry of metals & whatnot, scraping and rubbing. Nice circular shifting of sounds back and forth, makes for a very soothing experience. Almost like being at sea, waves coming and going. Very good. I'm playing this at 45 rpm, I hope that's "correct"?

Caltiki

Enrico Piva - Four Months Later - [tape]
Stimbox - Force Feedback - [tape]
Book of Wisdom - Mors Nigra - [tape]
Birth of Tragedy - Death survives - [tape]
Today I'm Dead - Timor Vitae - [tape]

influencing machine

mostly what ive listened to in the past few days affording to each as much concentration as my work schedule permits:

clock dva - white souls in black suits
embrace of thorns - rough mix of new album
factrix - scheintot
grim - folk music
mellow candle - swaddling songs
miasma - changes
macronympha - recycled tape
noxius nex - venenum
sacramentary abolishment - river of corticone
royal trux - pound for pound
smell & quim - the jissom killers

bitewerksMTB

METGUMBNERBONE for the raven; where's all the reissues for Metgumbnerbone?!?

FreakAnimalFinland

Hal Hutchinson "Corrupted Scarp" LP
Cloama "municipality of marionettes" LP
Bizarre Uproar "viha & kiima" LP

Good to listen from vinyl. All will be released within couple of days. Old school laquer master cuts, not DMM. Nice dynamic sound. Or lets say, in some cases, fierce and fucking brutal sound! Each one so different, I can't decide which is favorite. Hal is more "laid back" than frantic split with Mania for example. But great sound quality, great dynamics of acoustic metal works. Cloama is simply brilliant in diversity and originality. 4 tracks of a, one long monument on b. Each track different. No noise, no PE, I guess file under post-industrial of some sort! Bizarre Uproar is culmination of their recent years development and live-noise approach.

Strömkarlen

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 25, 2011, 01:56:55 AM
METGUMBNERBONE for the raven; where's all the reissues for Metgumbnerbone?!?

Yeah, they sold that expensive CD-r to finance a proper releases. Anyone more than me who sees a flaw in that plan? http://www.sedayne.co.uk/ligeliahorn.html

Been catching up on Swedish releases the last couple of days.
Pestdemon Helvetesljuset [Unrest] LP
Easily the Demons best work and why not go out with a big bang? Looking at all his releases there is only one I didn't care for, The Natural Destroyer, and that is pretty rare these days. Excellent band!
Amph Rapport om blinda [Sprachlos Verlag] Tape
Amph Öar under vatten [Järtecken] Tape
Amph are Swedish duo consisting of Andreas Malm and Peter Henning. Peter being today the best music writer in Sweden as far as I'm concerned I wasn't to sure about what kind of music he would do. Music journalist doing their own stuff can sometimes go very wrong. You have to remember Pet Shop Boys... Anyway Amph is excellent. Dark and moody. Sounding like they way I thought Metgumbnerbone would sounded when I read the reports in Force Mental. There is a similarity in sound with Pestdemon but with a bit more metal scraping. Both being from Malmö might have something to do with it. To me this sound like a droning, Swedish (as in suicidal), low pitched New Blockaders or is it perhaps a strong Organum influence. Two really good tapes but Rapport om blinda is the winner here.

Matthias

Burial Hex - Book Of Delusions LP (Brave Mysteries)
Seems like this one has been in the works forever now. Sums up the sounds of the recent BH outputs pretty well: it has the big sounding, almost orchestrated feel at times, and also the beat-driven eerie parts from the eps The Hunger and The Tower. Sometimes it gets in a neofolkish mood with some heavy industrial vibes, and other times it reminds me of some fucked up danceclub version of a John Carpenter or Goblin score almost. The most definite BH release so far some have claimed, we'll see about that but it's pretty damn good.

The Copper Roof Houses C40 (Posh Isolation)
Nice tourrelease with Damien Dubrovnik, Lust For Youth and Blodvite. Plus an intro, somewhat in the DD vein, with just the title The Copper Roof Houses. Solid stuff from all acts.

Circle Of Ouroborus - Eleven Fingers (Handmade Birds)
Strange band this. This must be the best i've heard from them by far. A big sucker for the mellow guitarsound presented here, nice dreamy 4ADish touch but dare i say unique? Been wanting more similar stuff since their split with Somnivore and this is it. The track Warpath has been on constant rotation here.

Levas

Nyodene D - Every Knee shall bow Very solid album. Spinning it for the Nth time. Excellent

P-K

on a Cyclobe-trip......amazing stuff