PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Trepaneringsritualen- new 10" (s2 is the best esp the final track).
Cough- "ritual abuse" & debut 2LP
Weedeater- "god luck & good speed" LP (waiting on most recent LP to show up)

bogskaggmannen

DES ESSEINTES / MAGMAX s/t LP (Formosan)

Des Esseintes was Magnus Sundström's (The Protagonist) side-project for more "noisy" tracks. Side A holds three tracks and there are quite a few resemblances between the two projects of his - mainly in the kind of pompous overall feel and structure. First tracks is based around a stomping rhythm with orchestral samples and some digital noisy effects. Track three is opens more ambient but evolves into same rhythmic feel but more subdued with quite ok industrial loop. As with The Protagonist, this don't hold my attention for more than a few minutes. It all sounds a bit flat to my ears. I'm sure this would work well in a live situation for the german WGT crowd though...

Magmax then... Koji Tano's "power electronic" project. I have always avoided those releases for some reason? One long tracks starts with short punkrock-sample (wtf?) then the noise kicks in with aeroplane lift-off. Sounds to me like live-recording? This material don't differ much to MSBR in my opinion, multilayered noisy, good flowing electronics with small section of cuts. Also centered around loops that weave into and out of each other, still the material seems pretty freeform and improvised. I must say i'm pretty weak for Koji's style overall and this is no exception but i'm sure there are better works around.

Packaged in screened (I don't really see the relation between the picture and the musical content, but appearently there exists different screenprints), handstamped and then curved metal plate with insert.

XXX

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 15, 2012, 11:25:28 PM
Trepaneringsritualen- new 10"

very much into this one right now

bitewerksMTB

MAGMAX- I remember having a rel that was a LP & a 7", I think? It was in this crappy box that was paperthin & had staples in the corners. Of course, it was pretty much destroyed in shipping.

Listened to:
RADIOACTIVE VOMIT- Squamish BC Blasphemy-worship metal but considerably more over the top than usual. Also, Squamish is well-known for mountain bike trails with a "very high pucker factor"

one side of WEEDEATER's "Jason... the Dragon" LP- stupid title but very good rel. Really like the banjo songs

Caltiki

Trepaneringsritualen - Roi Perdu [tape]
Æther & Trepaneringsritualen - Edifice of Nine Sauvastikas [tape]
Michael Idehall - SOL [tape]
Fun In Latex - Huggy Baby - [2xtape]
Peiiste - Horns of the Altar [2xtape]
Slaughter-Fetus - Message of Hope [2xtape]
Bast - Illusions [2xtape]
V.A. - Nature Presence [2xtape]

P-K

Mckarars : right to stay bestial! cd........something different lol

Molluskground, Inc.

Coil • The Remote Viewer • CD + minimax CD
Vatican Shadow • Kneel Before Religious Icons • LP
The Vomit Arsonist • Drown / Quelled • 7" lathe
Haare • Death Happening • 7"
Klit • Sodomy Is Birth Control • C10
Natural Assembly / Cremation Lily • Nothing, Everything Hidden • C30
Vatican Shadow / Contrepoison • The Serpent Carries Him Back Into Paradise • C10
Akitsa • Au Crépuscule De L'Espérance • C56

P-K

808state : blueprint  cd   especially love hammers like Nimbus, In Yer Face etc ......nice

Ashmonger

Grain Belt - Dragline (C20, Skeleton Dust Recordings): Got this because I really liked the track on the 7" split with Faux Pas. This is the same style, but different sound. There's the metal bashing, feedback, distortion... However, the metal bashing is way lower than on the 7" and the feedback 'wriggling' is higher. All together definately not a bad tape, but by the end of the second side, it can't hold my attention anymore. Think it would have been better with some more crunchy distortion at times. Anyway, have listened it a couple of times, but will be listened to again...

The Vomit Arsonist/RU-486 - Tearing Flesh To Reveal Armor (C10, Destructive Industries): TVA sounds more Noise/Power Electronics than I'm used, maybe partly because it's a live recording, with vocals far to the back of the mix, but it's good! RU-486 doesn't do much for me... It's definately not bad, but it just doesn't seem to move me. (Same goes for the track on the split with Disgust, Gnawed and Nyodene D for example.)

Bereft - Tough Man (7", BloodLust!): Was first surprised by the packaging: just a white cover, no print at all, with an A4 page with some information (titles etc...) printed on it. Seemed strange, but seeing the 7" is a white vinyl kind of made it work for me, but of course I don't want all my 7"s to look like this... As for the music: similar style as on the "Your Messiah Will Fail" album. Don't know what else to say, but musicwise this is a very fine 7" to me.

P-K

Quote from: Ashmonger on March 18, 2012, 03:12:41 AMbut of course I don't want all my 7"s to look like this...

ha, the whole series looks like this.....and imho musically some crap too :-/ a few rare gems like the Atrax Morgue, Envenomist, ....

Matthias

Fuck Money, Fuck Life Tape (Gothenburg Blood Cult)
Country Club – The Pigs Unscathed 2xTape (Steel Sadist Rebirth)
Forza Albino - Variated Perversity 2xTape (Nordisk Klub)

bitewerksMTB

Is that NEW? Just did a trade with the vocalist for "Mot" (in transit) & told him to drop me a line when he has something new. People need to stop releasing until I get caught up...

listened to Hal Hutchinson's "Corrupted Scrap" LP earlier. Love  the heaviness of side 2.

Ashmonger

Quote from: P-K on March 18, 2012, 11:49:20 AM
Quote from: Ashmonger on March 18, 2012, 03:12:41 AMbut of course I don't want all my 7"s to look like this...
ha, the whole series looks like this.....and imho musically some crap too :-/ a few rare gems like the Atrax Morgue, Envenomist, ....
Haha, didn't know! Didn't know it was part of a series... Well, that makes it a bit lame... Still I like this 7" musically.

STREETMEAT

Quote from: implicitruin on March 18, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: Matthias on March 18, 2012, 08:02:03 PM

Is it similar in style to the "Mot" tape?
from nk website..
"12 Copies. Limited rehearsal/outtakes tape given to friends of the band on the FA tour. Not for sale."

as for me..
Weak Sisters - Puerile Replica /GREAT RELEASE love the Bside
Encephalophonic - Chronicity Of A Disease /wasnt into this one at all. a good couple moments on the bside but that was all.
MORDANT KARMA - Profane Libido/nice "hi gain" HN
Halflings live cs/GREAT RELEASE
CAUCASIAN COLONY "H. Ukpabio"/didnt like as much as the first tape but 3rd track was really good.
V/A "Port Out, Starboard Home" 2 x c40/standouts for me (Assault Guard,Croatian Amor,Iron Pillar,Puce Mary) really perfect comp. for PI

P-K

Lasse Marhaug-the great silence......great solid noise. cheap real cd on Troniks.
Zerose cassette ....project by Maria Zerfall & Endraum.....haunting.
Omei-when all your ghosts are tired cd ...great dark noise, almost deathindustrial.
Sickness-mudlark cd ......jesus christ. he's good. fast. violent.