PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

ULTIMASTANZA "total preoccupancy in pleasant silence" tape
Stiff Sancrotum
huh, so who is this? Maybe the label related personnel. One could say that mix CCCC type multilayered noise psychedelia with more PE soniks and that's what you get. Several layers of fast moving, very detailed, yet tape-decay swallowed electronic harsh noises.

HEDONIC SERGE "mode of male pleasure" tape
Stiff Sancrotum
Same could be said here. While A-side is kind of instrumental noise stuff, which reminds a bit of Ramleh with its high pitched feedback electronics throbbing with strong delay effect, it creates harmonic and pleasant results. B-side continues process with adding plenty of tasty industrial noise in mix, making it utterly busy and dense mix of layer over layer of great sounds. Overall track structure is like in Ultimastanze : one tape, one session - basically. Hedonic Seger just hits straight in my own pleasure nerves. High pitch of feedback, operating in utterly crisp frequencies, but also gloomy and rotten low end and repeating loop patterns. Essential!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Mania / Hal Hutchinson - Kollaborative Wreckage (cassette) - monster of a tape. crushing.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

audiodissection

Strict "Impulsion" C90
Mo*Te "Chlorodyne/Wet Room" lathe-cut
Government Alpha "Alphaville" LP
Government Alpha "Altar Of Precrogs" 7"
The New Blockaders "Simphonie in X Major" LP
The New Blockaders "Falten" 10"
Merzbow "New Takamagahra" CD
Grunt "World Drapped In A Camouflage" LP
Con-Dom "Have Faith" CD
Controlled Bleeding "Curd" LP
Bizarre Uproar "Rape Africa" LP
K2 "Hepatopolitika" LP
K2 "The Rust" CD
K2 "Maximum Lateral Pressure" C60
K2 "Metal Language" C54
Ramleh "We Created It, Let's take it over" vol.I, II, III CD
Cherry Point "Misery Guts" CD
Custodian/Pusdrainer "Split" 7"
V/A Engine Of Modern Dysfunction Vol.1  7"
Thirdorgan/Diesel Guitar "Futuredestroyer" 7"

..and a lot of metal too (Behexen, Horna, Belphegor at most)

Human Larvae

Grunt - World draped in a Camouflage lp
Pain Nail - Hengellisiä Lauluja No.2 7"
Main/Coma Detox - "split"

as anticipated, 3 top notch releases. Slowly but surely I am starting to enjoy mania's output. Slowly

SiClark

Quote from: Human Larvae on November 23, 2012, 01:31:36 PM
as anticipated, 3 top notch releases. Slowly but surely I am starting to enjoy mania's output. Slowly
Have you listened to the split LP with Custodian or the 7" on F&V? They are superb Mania releases. In similar style to Coma Detox split.

cipher chris

Einleitungszeit 'Auranoise' CD (I need to start plugging the gaps in my collection for this band - anyone have the LP on Freak Animal for sale?).
Mauthausen Orchestra 'Bloodyminded' LP (side B of this really works for me).
Nile 'Black Seeds Of Vengeance' CD (my daughter asked to listen to old Nile).
Alberich 'Fall Where They Would' and 'Turned Back' tapes (two very different sides of the Alberich coin)
V/A 'Victoria' 2xtape on Posh Isolation (sad to say I might have some PI weariness setting in; I liked some of this, but other tracks seemed a bit throwaway)

redswordwhiteplough

Arktau Eos - Unworeldes
Brethren - Alienated & Radicalized
Grunt - World Draped in a Camouflage
Halthan - I Am Your Enemy
Musiikkivyöry - Tulemme Sokeiksi
Sabbath Assembly - Ye Are Gods
Various Artists - Utmarken

redswordwhiteplough

Quote from: cipher chris on November 24, 2012, 01:18:19 AM
Nile 'Black Seeds Of Vengeance' CD (my daughter asked to listen to old Nile).

Nile is brilliant. As is Karl Sanders solo project.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 22, 2012, 06:13:20 PM
ULTIMASTANZA "total preoccupancy in pleasant silence" tape
Stiff Sancrotum
huh, so who is this? Maybe the label related personnel. One could say that mix CCCC type multilayered noise psychedelia with more PE soniks and that's what you get. Several layers of fast moving, very detailed, yet tape-decay swallowed electronic harsh noises.

HEDONIC SERGE "mode of male pleasure" tape
Stiff Sancrotum
Same could be said here. While A-side is kind of instrumental noise stuff, which reminds a bit of Ramleh with its high pitched feedback electronics throbbing with strong delay effect, it creates harmonic and pleasant results. B-side continues process with adding plenty of tasty industrial noise in mix, making it utterly busy and dense mix of layer over layer of great sounds. Overall track structure is like in Ultimastanze : one tape, one session - basically. Hedonic Seger just hits straight in my own pleasure nerves. High pitch of feedback, operating in utterly crisp frequencies, but also gloomy and rotten low end and repeating loop patterns. Essential!

Hmm... listened the rest of Stiff tapes..
LIBERTINAGE goes in timeline somewhere close where Taint project stopped, but Mania had already started. Thinking why exactly the 15+ minutes recording happened under another name, isn't totally clear to me. While it is different from many releases of the two other bands, in other hand, it is also so close, that could have been released.  Perhaps "Quick Cum" tape is exactly that. Just getting it out of your system. Originally limited to mere 13 copies, very few had heard it before. Feedback, harsh electronics and vocals. That's the key elements. It has the Taint's violent force, not so much of Mania's clear metal junks, but the crispy sound quality is present.

TONGUE KNAX "maxim for subjugation" tape
I was quite amazed how close it sounds to HEDONIC SERGE! Actually, what came to my mind was as if HS tape was session cut half to be logically developing A & B side, now TK tapes beginning sounds almost like it would just continue where HS recording ended.. hah! Not bad of course. It's great piece of noise, but at the same time I get the feel it's project of same person, doing pretty much same thing, just under other name? Not sure.

MORDANT KARMA "Indulge" tape
good example of well done harsh noise, which manages to escape pretty much all the annoying digi-noise / digi mastering dead-ends often present in noise releases these days. It's crispy and full of clarity, but also somehow more "hand made" feel. It has quite limited range of sound it operates. One could rather put it into category of "smaller" Jap noisers Thirdorgan, MoTe, or something like that. Maybe later days CCCC in their harshest era? No jumping around in Endo/Masonna style, no elegancy of Aube or old CCCC. Perhaps the sonic quality is closer to rotten Texas/Houston scene of 90's. Very up-front simple, quite fast noise, but overall soundrealm stays about the same entire tape. There is no feedback, there is no big objects, but fuzzy distorted junk chaos operating most of all in middle and crisp enough high end, but not that much heavy bass.

All the Stiff Sanctorum tapes look good. Basically same looks as Lust Vessel tapes. Very well done presentation all over. My only complaint could be that most of the tapes are just one session cut in half. So the piece abruptly ends in middle, and continues next side. It could have been possible to publish tapes with non-interrupted full session on one side, and repeat the same on other side - or preferably of course - add another good piece. This is of course very minor complaint, but when everything else (except use of type I tapes) is top notch, then not letting format interference compositional aspect would have been brilliant cherry on the cake. In case of Libertinage this is the case. Same material repeats on both sides of tape, full uncut recording to listen through.

Hakaristi

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 24, 2012, 10:19:05 AMbut when everything else (except use of type I tapes) is top notch

Quote from: LustVesselAll cassettes duplicated at real-time to highest quality Type II/chrome tapes at Sacred Lust Studio, JAPAN.

?

Matthias

Altar Of Flies - The Violent Blow LP (A Dear Girl Called Wendy)
First the Let New Life Rise... album and now this, it's ridiculous how good AOF has gotten. Recent live shows has been absolutely mind blowing as well. The Violent Blow is definitely a harder listen than aforementioned album, and the title may give away the approach here. Where that one had certain elements of some kind of deranged beauty attached to it, this one is just downright ugly. Overall more direct and violent. At times, I think the actual atmosphere is somewhat reminiscent of older AOF releases like Black Tunnels, yet with the sound and composition of things being in line with the recent stuff. Organic and crisp. Apparently only 150 copies made of this baby so don't sleep on this.

Olympic Shit Man - Supercharge 2xLP (Harbinger)
Putrefier/Evil Moisture collaboration originally released as a cassette on MSNP. Classic example of average harsh noise. While on the turntable highly enjoyable, but afterwards maybe not that memorable, but still one of those records you certainly don't regret buying in the end. Brilliant artwork. The included comic didn't do too much for me, but a nice addition.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Sadomaniac on November 24, 2012, 11:55:32 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 24, 2012, 10:19:05 AMbut when everything else (except use of type I tapes) is top notch

Quote from: LustVesselAll cassettes duplicated at real-time to highest quality Type II/chrome tapes at Sacred Lust Studio, JAPAN.

?

sorry, it IS chrome tapes! What's the tape I was just looking.... These all are type II.

Human Larvae

Quote from: Si Clark on November 24, 2012, 12:36:45 AM
Quote from: Human Larvae on November 23, 2012, 01:31:36 PM
Have you listened to the split LP with Custodian or the 7" on F&V? They are superb Mania releases. In similar style to Coma Detox split.

I haven't. I only ordered the Coma Detox split because it came out on FA the same time as the Grunt releases.

FreakAnimalFinland

MK9 "nothingess exists" CDr
Neural Operations
tour CDR of some sort. It's full length, focusing most of all to minimalistic synth noise singnals. Some spoken pieces, and some tracks are very very minimalistic. Hardly effects, hardly any innovative modulations, just stripped down to bare bones. Couple of the tracks have more advanced composition/layering, and they are among some of the best works from MK9. Overall sounds is missing somehow personal touch of artistic quality. To step away from sound coming from factory made gadget burned in CDR. Amps? Tape saturation? Tasty use of effects? MK9's ranting vocals? Something. It is good for what it is, but when you know he can do, and has done, so much more..

SINGULAR CLEANSWEEP OPERATIONS "Final Service" CD
Teito Sound Company
Hmm.. so one half of Operation Cleansweep, and what you could understand from title, perhaps this is the final tracks from archives? Unfortunately that's what it sounds like. Some of the tracks are nearly getting up there on the level of classic Operation Cleansweep songs, but many of them sound like uninspired works. He knows the template of basic industrial/PE track. Couple layers of synth, some processed spoken samples, occasional slow beat or other rhythm element. There are no total hit tracks like found from O.C. LP's. Just decent routine genre-fan satisfying tracks of same style, but lacking the passion and the interesting surface textures. Just as in MK9. Not bad, but knowing their milestone releases from past, very little to celebrate.

GRAUSTICH "Dedicated To Those Who Are Still Willing To Get Their Hands Dirty" tape
Filth & Violence
And logical 3rd item to comment would be this. In some ways it carries similarities to both. There are synthesizers and quite "dry" electronics used, and abundance of spoken word pieces, but unlike the "veterans", despite the "usual" sounds and nazi war criminal themed document dialogues, Graustich appears to have a notch more vitality in creating songs. A bit more flexible, drifting songs from original sounds ahead. A bit more dirt, a bit more grim distortions and ruggedness, while at the same time being absolute sonic stand-out in F&V's recent catalogue by not being utter amp-exploding gutter filth, but darker, more sinister industrial-PE. Whatever band may have done before, I don't know. I hope it will stay on smaller scale releases a bit further before aiming to do real "album"!

STREETMEAT

Quote from: Si Clark on November 27, 2012, 08:43:42 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 26, 2012, 09:02:11 PM
GRAUSTICH "Dedicated To Those Who Are Still Willing To Get Their Hands Dirty" tape
Filth & Violence
And logical 3rd item to comment would be this. In some ways it carries similarities to both. There are synthesizers and quite "dry" electronics used, and abundance of spoken word pieces, but unlike the "veterans", despite the "usual" sounds and nazi war criminal themed document dialogues, Graustich appears to have a notch more vitality in creating songs. A bit more flexible, drifting songs from original sounds ahead. A bit more dirt, a bit more grim distortions and ruggedness, while at the same time being absolute sonic stand-out in F&V's recent catalogue by not being utter amp-exploding gutter filth, but darker, more sinister industrial-PE. Whatever band may have done before, I don't know. I hope it will stay on smaller scale releases a bit further before aiming to do real "album"!
To my knowledge he just has a demo tape and a 3" CD release, both of which are very good but this tape is his best so far. Looking forward to hearing more from the project.
the 3" sounds a bit more clean compared to this release i wounder if BU had a role with mastering it.

Pharmakon-Deserve It
pretty good live set. i think the 2nd half of the tape did more for me. repetitive synth with junk sounds and her always welcomed vocals.

Bereft-First Degree Of Separation&Removed From Security
walls of noise with some outbust of feedback and vocals..

Nigger Knife-Nile River Fashions
dubbed " reel to reel destruction" i would say description is right on and at a c18 it leaves me wanting more.

Incapacitants ‎– アルケミー箱愚か Alchemy Box Is Stupid
(Bonus DVD 2: Incapacitants Random Live Sampler )
really great live sets. loved seeing electronics+junk set from them.