PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikerdeath

BIZARRE UPROAR "Kusi Paska Veri" video

Levas

Quite a big pile of stuff that I've listened to lately

Dusa ‎– Segermännen - this is a real discovery for me. I lack words to describe how good and moody this tape is. Should I call it funeral folk or so? Most recommended release. Buy it while you still can!! I see that K. Olsson has also took part in it. (for those who needs names in order to know if the record is good or not)

Tusen År Under Jord ‎– Sorgsendömet Fobos - A little simpler approach, but nevertheless great compositions. It is also the same unknown style a la funeral folk for me, but it's catchy. So go to Hibiskofon page and order these two tapes. You won't regret..

Sutekh Hexen ‎– Breed In Me The Darkness: The Second Coming Mixes By Andrew Liles - decent tape, but didn't quite understand it fully and thus didn't enjoy it too much.

SPK - Case study London
- never been too much into SPK, but this live disc is really good.

THU20 - Vroeg Werk - Double CD of live and studio experiments. I think this was described as one of the compilation of the greatest Dutch experimentalists or something like that. Well, enjoyable record.

Kasoundi - Clintong Green & Andrew McIntosh - decent musique concrete, but for me it seemed that all tracks were a little too similar in sound. Very simple approach in experiments, though I was not very excited about it.

Ethic Cleansing - For Motion Sickness And Refuse - this one is very good. Very dense and heavy material.

---

Then i had some grindcore and some metal.

I liked:

Anal Cunt ‎– Morbid Florist CD
Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis ‎– Satyriasis And Nymphomania CD <-- this band is truly a discovery for me in grindcore.
Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis / Butcher ABC ‎– Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis / Butcher ABC CD
Exhumed/Haemorrhage split live tape
Absurd - Asgardsrei tape

Was OK:

Pene - Sexy Impalement CD

Didn't like:

Stillbirth - Plakative aggression
CD
Anal Asthma - Shit out your brain CD
Anus Tumor / Slaughtergrave tape

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: Levas on April 14, 2013, 09:08:33 AM
Dusa ‎– Segermännen - I see that K. Olsson has also took part in it.

Kristian only made the room recording, and had no part in the music.

Levas

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on April 14, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
Kristian only made the room recording, and had no part in the music.
[/quote]

ah. thanks for correction. I just saw his name listed on discogs since it does not say anything on the covers I think.

Three Winters - The Atrocities EP
- this one is really nice, melodic synt something music. easy listening and the most catchy from the latest batch of Belaten

Cryme - Mekonium - it says something about industrial for "special" people (meaning retarded ones) and it really had some good parts in it. Don't know what to compare them to though. Old schoolish industrial sounds.

Xiu - Posession - it's some sort of synth pop, reminding of older gothic dance parties. Kind of catchy in its absolute primitivism.

Jarboe - A simphony for shiva - hm. long tracks of looped sea sounds, voice etc. A little too long for not to become boring.

Father Murphy - Orsanti They Called them - I've been very excited after the first two Yerevan Tapes. This one is a little let down. Didn't quite understood the record. Somewhat abstract avantgarde soundscapes without much of a purpose.

Strömkarlen

Quote from: Levas on April 15, 2013, 12:14:44 PM

Cryme - Mekonium - it says something about industrial for "special" people (meaning retarded ones) and it really had some good parts in it. Don't know what to compare them to though. Old schoolish industrial sounds.

I reminds a lot of mid-eighties Swedish bands like Njurmännen and others around Konduktör Records. Good tape!

P-K

MB : teban slide art 3xcd ......imho MB at his most violent, blasting raw oldschool pe. although without his consent i think the nazi-parts really fit the mood. excellent. flimsy dvd-box but at least they were real cd and not cdr (as MB still manages to release on cdr).

SiClark

Quote from: P-K on April 17, 2013, 06:09:00 PM
MB : teban slide art 3xcd ......imho MB at his most violent, blasting raw oldschool pe. although without his consent i think the nazi-parts really fit the mood. excellent. flimsy dvd-box but at least they were real cd and not cdr (as MB still manages to release on cdr).
Didn't know about this, thanks for mentioning it, will try and get a copy soon. The story about Come Org adding all the nazi parts always makes me laugh, I certainly wouldn't be too pleased if that were to happen if I made any music but it always makes me smile when I think about it.

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: Si Clark on April 17, 2013, 06:28:10 PM
Quote from: P-K on April 17, 2013, 06:09:00 PM
Didn't know about this, thanks for mentioning it, will try and get a copy soon. The story about Come Org adding all the nazi parts always makes me laugh, I certainly wouldn't be too pleased if that were to happen if I made any music but it always makes me smile when I think about it.

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=226.15 for my thoughts on this set.

Ramleh - Live Valediction DVD/Live Anything Is Mine CD

They have put a lot of effort into mastering this, even down to the strange editing out of applause on the DVD footage. The visuals really aren't too exciting, although Anthony pulling a rock star pose with shades as he straps on the bass for 'Valediction 3' was memorable. I wonder if they cheated and overdubbed/corrected any of this later in classic 1970s 'double live album' style? It's very powerful music, taken from two separate shows (with different set lists) in Japan in December 2011. Pricey and rare item but as luxurious as you could wish for - matching packaging to the Guidelines CDEP.

Jaakko V.

Budrūs - Canine Visions IX

First time listen and got to say that all expectations caused by the promo text are met. Simply awesome stuff. Melancholic, hypnotizing, rough and for once truly original stuff with the best vocal delivery in a long time. I love the sound of Lithuanian language. This is an album that has a true "cinematic" quality. Not in the sense of Hollywood type soundtrack effects but truly evocative material, bringing forth very concrete images and visions and a sense of narrative. Hard to describe, one has to hear this. I don't think this kind of material could ever come from people from other regions, this is immersed in this very distinct Baltic melancholy.

online prowler

Quote from: tiny_tove on April 04, 2013, 01:09:06 PM
FUKTE/VOMIR - split on TOXIC INDUSTRIES (very good and intense, nice shirt as well)

Had the pleasure of playing w Fukte in Italy last year. Remember he did a very good set in Turin. Very textural, kinetic and aggressive in harsh noise country. I'll check out this release. Totally passed me by.

Here is Fukte's label 'Toxic Industries'. Recommend checking it out.

http://www.toxicindustries.net84.net/about.php

@ Strömkarlen. Thanx for the Njurmännen and Konduktör Records drop. New in my ears.

tiny_tove

yep great stuff

love also the negative climax tape they have released...
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

RyanWreck

The new BU video. Track is really solid. I like the vocals. Video isn't bad either and the sounds go well with it although I will never understand how eating shit gets some men aroused. I wonder how many times I have seen Pasi's dick now? Mikko's too...

tinnitustimulus

Macronympha - Physical Chaos
a noise classic, I think my favorite is the live track at the end of side A, but the entire 90 minute album is one of the most unrelenting.

Robert Ruttman - Zuuhh!! Muttie Mum!!
"heavy" metal sculptures bowed to a nice foreboding ambiance. Pretty similar to US Steel Cello Ensemble record he was in that was uploaded on to Mutant Sounds from 1979. I guess it could be compared to Organum or Harry Bertoia.

Einsturzende Neubauten - Stahldubversions
I'll admit I didn't buy this, as it is not the easiest album to obtain, but a lot of early EN junk metal rhythm tracks with some delay effects. One is clearly taken from Tanz Debil but it is hard to say for the others. Probably one the most primitive documents of this band.

Tony Conrad - Four Violins
I can't stop listening to this, still my favorite drone piece, buzz saw ocean waves, feels incredibly good to listen to.

RyanWreck

Quote from: tinnitustimulus on April 19, 2013, 11:33:16 AM
Tony Conrad - Four Violins
I can't stop listening to this, still my favorite drone piece, buzz saw ocean waves, feels incredibly good to listen to.

I've never been a huge fan of Tony Conrad but this sounds intriguing I may have to download it.

Your description of it made me want to listen to some good Microtonal/Lowercase, gonna go through my 12k/Line shoebox....

Murralin Lane - "Our House Is on the Wall" (12k, 2010) - I don't know how anyone could not like this. Droning ambient with female vocals as the main instrument. It is so hard to pick a good track because they are all very good, but I suppose "When I Told You" makes for a good first impression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1EpqYXpKM

Solo Andata - "Solo Andata" (12k, 2009) - This type of stuff is great for a rainy day or for going to sleep. Sawako is one of the best "computer musicians" to spring up, and that's difficult to do because 1) there are so many, and 2) most people who consider themselves as "computer musicians" suck dick. This is a pretty dark release for this style. The use of field recordings is really well done and the more glitchy moments, which I tend to dislike on most albums, is fantastic here. Here is a full track (if you only listen to a sliver of it then skip to 5:40): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_vUtdaYus

Autistici - "Volume Objects" - (12k, 2008) - This is some really solid stuff. Somewhat unconvential in the Ambient genre as he uses so many instruments in this release that if you were looking at his recording space you would think it would be some big noisy jam band like Cerberus Shoal, but it is the opposite. Here is one of my favorite tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFYtSYz1JPg

nowirehangers

Grey Wolves/Macronympha - Slash II

I picked this up at the Rodger Stella show wednesday. Rockwell Samples, extreme distortion and the usual.