PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

ah, I got that.. in shelves waiting. Was in such a tape routine for a while, and now been almost exclusively 7" vinyl, maybe next LP rotation time..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Levas

Paweł Paulus Mazur ‎– 1984-1989 Dźwięki Zebrane czyli Ultra Music Box (Arc_Hiv Positiv) No. 1 6xCDr (Impulsy Stetoskopu) - Well, it is good as a document and interesting to get to know what has been happening in the neighboring country. Though after 6+ hours of weird synth melodies, guitars, rhythm machines and Polish manifestos I was rather tired.

Mourmansk 150 - Achieving nothing / Assuming everything CD (Santos productions) - output of this French band is almost always interesting. This time too. Good death industrial/PE and I think this is one of those quite rare bands in scene overall that you can guess right away after you hear them. The first track is a little too long though. 15+ minutes or so. and there are a few real gems that even Karmanik would get jealous.

Peenemünde ‎– II CD (Freak Animal) - though I don't clearly remember the first CD, but I was enjoying it very much. Damn this is different. Much more atmospheric, darker and .. claustrophobic?? Yeah, description is very accurate. This is no longer a collaboration, but a separate act. And it sounds really good.

Bizarre Uproar - Unsafe and Insande CD (Freak Animal) - BU in it's rawest form and sound that is automatically associated with the name. Truly enjoyable material. Fresh BU albums are perhaps more interesting, more musical, more varied etc., but the stuff like this will always be associated with the name, I think.

Bizarre Uproar - Mass/FF CD (Freak Animal) - Never heard any of these before. And it's so different from the album above.. Is it harsh noise wall? I doubt it, but of course these two albums are unique in BU discography in their sound..

Jaakko Vanhala - Here be Lions CD (Freak Animal) - the tape was something that I got erection for a week or so after listening to it. The CD sounds a little different and I was not taken by surprise of how good it is, but this is truly a gem and for me personally - the best release from the latest FA batch.

Macronympha - Studio 95 CD (Triangle / Cerosene / Outcry) - highly enjoyable, a little rotten in sound, lost between hisses, weird frequencies and so on, material.

Heinz Hopf - Gothenburg CD (Triangle / Outcry / Random monster) - this sounds good. Some reminescences of Death Squad rereleases by Autarkeia were brought at the beginning of the disc, but this disc seems more dynamic and enjoyable.

Irkallian Oracle - Grave Ekstasis
CS (Bolvark) - This is awesome stuff! Weren't death metal bands from Gothenburg supposed to play boring melodic stuff? I guess something has changed lately. Very good tape.

Roro Perrot, Su Sous Toulouse En Rouge - Split CS (Forever Escaping Boredom) - Shit folk from Roro Perrot that is quite nice to listen to from time to time. The other band presents delayed field recordings from supermarket so nothing too interesting

Cremation Lily ‎– Drug Trafficking Case Histories Greek Island Yellow Sand
CS (Strange Rules) - Ah, so CL is European Prurient, yes? ok. Well, some of his material is very very good, some is not. This is somewhat quite average tape. Synths, feedbacks, voice etc., but it lacks the hooks that would make you return to this tape over and over again.

Bagman / Vulgar Disease - Mary Bell & Las Poquianchis CDr (Heavy Noise Records) - A couple tracks of Bagman are really good, others - not so good. Vulgar Disease - good harsh noise. Annoying thing - Bagman tracks volume is much lower than vulgar disease and since they go interchangeably, it is getting annoying. Volume up, volume down, volume up, volume down...

martialgodmask

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 07, 2013, 09:14:18 AM
yep, while Shift has these trademark characteristics of slow effected vocals, loops, heavy synth tones etc, he has no releases that are alike. This must be dirtiest sounding tracks? Raw and grim sounds, yet treated as compositional elements, not as gutter noise for sake of being as rough as possible.

Yeh, dirtiest sounds right to me. Very enjoyable, the collab with HH too is excellent.

Sergdill

Levas  thanks for this list , it's awesome list .

mdtdeath

Quote from: Levas on May 07, 2013, 11:19:25 PM
Mourmansk 150 - Achieving nothing / Assuming everything CD (Santos productions) - output of this French band is almost always interesting. This time too. Good death industrial/PE and I think this is one of those quite rare bands in scene overall that you can guess right away after you hear them. The first track is a little too long though. 15+ minutes or so. and there are a few real gems that even Karmanik would get jealous.

;)...i'm pretty satisfied for this release, i've also mastered it so it's like i've played some role in this work heheheheh

bitewerksMTB

"Le Couperet: Music For The Crimes Of Dr. Petiot" LP- this is nice to own but none of the material is all that special & the pressing has a lot of pops/clicks on both sides. Hope Harbinger plans on doing more BF comps on vinyl.

Ganesha23

Small 7" session today:

Iron Fist Of The Sun: Embers / Bedroom Is Human (Peripheral Records)
Side A is good power electronics but nothing very special to me. Side B has a very pleasant collage of layers of electronic sounds.

Cosmonauts Hail Satan: Hellraiser (Fourth Dimension)
Homage to Coil's unused Hellraiser soundtrack. Side A has old school industrial feel whereas side B is traditional CHS with simple drum (machine?) beat, one-riff bass, guitar noise and film samples (can you guess the movie?). Perfect. Someone should compile all CHS 7"s to CD.

Kazumoto Endo / Encephalophonic split (Audio Dissection)
Much praised and for a reason! Cut-up noise doesn't get better than this. Encephalophonic have a dark edge of their own quite uncommon to this style I think.

Kazuma Kubota / S.I.V. split (Cipher Productions)
More cut-up stuff and as good as the above.

Also:

Murder Corporation: Maniac Desires MCD (Ars Benevola Mater)
Decent death industrial or whatever but doesn't reach the projects earlier standards.

Diagram:A: Eraser_fill_show CAS (Cipher Productions)
Noise but not the harshest kind. Decayed, layered sounds. Beginning of side B is the best part but the whole isn't that special. Smelly rubber (or something?) packaging.

burdizzo

Cosmonauts Hail Satan? Wow, I  remember them! I have a great 7" from about 20 years ago, called "Bizarre and Tortorous Rituals of the Primitive World". One side was called "Deep River Misery", or something, and isn't to my taste so much, but the other side - "Stacey Keach" - I just loved. Tin-pot drumming and a rubbery, revving bass, and those film samples: "I've got to get out of here, otherwise I'll go mad. What do they want from me? When will this nightmare end?" Amazing!
I never watched too many films, and so I had no idea who or what Stacey Keach was, but a few weeks after getting the single, I stayed up late one night w/ a mate and some whiskey to watch some Godawful film. It was all about a lorry-driver going across the desert w/ a load of cattle carcasses, but some on-the-run killer had hitched a ride w/ the dead cattle. I don't think the samples were from that film, but turns out Stacey Keach was the lorry-driver.
Ah, it brings me back...
But, yes, a CD of all those CHS singles would be quite the thing!

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: burdizzo on May 09, 2013, 11:41:04 PM
Cosmonauts Hail Satan? Wow, I  remember them! But, yes, a CD of all those CHS singles would be quite the thing!

I personally always thought two tapes was the best? But not sure... Many of the tracks are on the CD.
If I have not totally mistaken, mr. Cosmonauts identity has been revealed at discogs and mr. Satan, as far as I know, is on this board?!? Not sure who has masters if anyone, but certainly great project.
That you can still buy 1998 released CD for like Bizarre And Tortuous Rituals Of The Primitive World 7" (wasn't it ltd 200?!) for 2 pounds as NEW, is quite curious.  GRUNT/CHS split 7"s (also ltd 200) can be found for c. 6 euro in Discogs..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

JLIAT - For Stanley - harken back to JLIAT's minimalist drone masterpieces of the 90s, but this is more readily layered - very good listen - would love to have access to this lossless rather than lousy 128 MP3s, because I feel this work deserves that kind of attention.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

I personally always thought two tapes was the best? But not sure... Many of the tracks are on the CD.
If I have not totally mistaken, mr. Cosmonauts identity has been revealed at discogs and mr. Satan, as far as I know, is on this board?!? Not sure who has masters if anyone, but certainly great project.
That you can still buy 1998 released CD for like Bizarre And Tortuous Rituals Of The Primitive World 7" (wasn't it ltd 200?!) for 2 pounds as NEW, is quite curious.  GRUNT/CHS split 7"s (also ltd 200) can be found for c. 6 euro in Discogs..
[/quote]

I have the first 2 + "Bizarre and Torturous..." 7"'s. I remember liking them & seems like I found them in Austin record stores. Looking at discogs, I don't think I ever came across the others. Wouldn't mind hearing the cd; may dig out the records to give them a listen.

online prowler

Shift

"Hatet/Misären" 7"

- presents two highly skilled compositions. Both harsh and intrusive with immaculate attention to frequency register. Side A, "Hatet-Misären", is slow pacing carpet bombing with pure honest hateful vox. No mucking about, straight to the point PE and death industrial. Gives remembrance to Mörder Machine and TxRxP's best output. Side B, "Motstånd-Handling" is more fast pacing and emphasize the textural. Vox are more crystalized, confrontal, insistent and in your face.

Epic and highly recommended.

Brad

:Koreisch: - This Decaying Schizophrenic Christ Complex CD

Half Aborted

Grim - Psycho Sun CD

Absolutely fantastic. For those on the fence due to the admittedly massive amount of time (27 years!) since the last Grim full length, there is no need to worry. Fierce vocal rasps, pounding rhythms and the trademark lengthy passages/tracks of "real" music (with extensive and tasteful use of organ), I would strongly suggest this to any fan of Japanese industrial music.