Pacific Northwest Power Electronics/Noise scene info wanted

Started by Hatefukk, December 31, 2019, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatefukk

Hello. I live in Washington state currently and have been having a hard time locating live noise and power electronics events and local artists. I previously lived in Southern California and was a little spoiled by the sheer number of events that I could attend. If anyone has any information on local noise/p.e. events or bands in the Pacific NW I would be extremely grateful. I am more then happy to travel anywhere from Seattle to Portland or other areas in Oregon. Thank you in advance for any tips you might have.

Hatefukk

Thanks for the suggestion Harvest.  I looked through the current posts for the PNW and found some great info but unfortunately their doesn't seem to be much posted in the last 2 years.  I am aware of The Black Lodge in Seattle but they don't seem to be doing much noise anymore these days.  They have a W.A.S.T.E. show coming up but that just doesn't quite fit the bill of what I am looking for.  I love the material I have heard from Interracial Sex but haven't been able to find any kind of a site that has info about any shows he might be still doing in the area.  I've been able to find traces of great shows that happened a couple years ago but none of the clubs/promoters involved in those still seem to be active in the area.  Thanks again as I genuinely appreciate the suggestion.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Hatefukk on December 31, 2019, 09:21:05 PM
I previously lived in Southern California and was a little spoiled by the sheer number of events that I could attend.

What events are you referring to?

Eigen Bast

I just moved away from the PNW.

Most of the action is going on in Portland, lots of shows on a regular basis.

Cryptotropa and Le Voyeur down in Oly host noise gigs, though irregular. Check out http://cultofdog.com/ for most shows in Oly. Sign up for his list too. Ya just missed it but Cascadian Yule in Oly is a killer experimental/bm/dark ambient night.

Hollow Earth Radio in Seattle are hosting the brunt of noise gigs up there. I am pretty sure they post shows to their site.

Tacoma had a few houses going, but I know at least one went down due to some neighbor drama.

IS doesn't play out a ton. Maybe 1 or 2 shows in WA last year?

wonderland_media

Obsidian Needles is based out of Oregon or Washington I think, she plays every once in a while as far as I know.

XXX

Quote from: Hatefukk on December 31, 2019, 09:55:39 PM

doesn't seem to be much posted in the last 2 years. 

the idea is to add to that thread instead of making a redundant thread.

Hatefukk

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I am currently following the leads provided.  Again, I am very grateful for the information.  Apparently an apology is also due for my redundancy so, apologies for that indiscretion.

Potier

Quote from: Harvest on January 01, 2020, 04:57:56 AM
Quote from: Hatefukk on December 31, 2019, 09:55:39 PM

doesn't seem to be much posted in the last 2 years.

the idea is to add to that thread instead of making a redundant thread.

Great way to make a new user feel welcome. Good grief.

xdementia

There's pe/noise/industrial shows in Seattle quite often. Mostly I know about them through Facebook invites from the promoters. Feel free to DM me and I can tell you more.

Lazrs3

Also a good Facebook search and hone in on who the promoters are near to you, add them, follow them or like and follow any pages for their organisations or pages they have for their events. I follow a few people from the UK and that keeps me up on events in my area and nearby. Good luck with it.

NocturnalHiss

seattle does not have an exciting scene, too gentrified IMO, but some venues to watch are hollow earth and teatro de la psychomachia for experimental, and mechanismus and mercury for industrial. if you're into more academic experimental music I'd also check out the wayward music series.

black lodge is a punk/indie place, not much noise happening there

xdementia

Quote from: NocturnalHiss on January 03, 2020, 10:49:38 AM
seattle does not have an exciting scene, too gentrified IMO, but some venues to watch are hollow earth and teatro de la psychomachia for experimental, and mechanismus and mercury for industrial. if you're into more academic experimental music I'd also check out the wayward music series.

black lodge is a punk/indie place, not much noise happening there

Seattle has a better noise scene than like 99% of other places. There are frequently noise shows at Black Lodge.

NocturnalHiss

Cool I would love to hear about some shows you've been to

DSOL

Quote from: wonderland_media on January 01, 2020, 03:05:22 AM
Obsidian Needles is based out of Oregon or Washington I think, she plays every once in a while as far as I know.

great project - got to play with her this past September when she out east with Crawl Of time 
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"