PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattias G

Quote from: KHH on January 28, 2012, 04:05:05 PM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 27, 2012, 04:10:21 PM
Plus it's in one of those folded silk-screened jackets Hospital used to do which I really like.

The Hospital artwork of that era is classic. Melting Softly Into Time, N12/Prurient split, TNB Anti-Fest and River Slaughter, all fantastic records with great great graphics and feel. Shame they don't do it like that anymore. Not to keen on the direction the label has headed since

It´s Neil Burke from Men´s recovery project that screen printed them i think. He is great and still does it if anyones interested: http://www.monoroid.com/monoroid.html

whateverforever

Sequences/Isolated Existence split cs
Drowner "burning room" cs
Profane Libido "mordant karma" cs
Buried Machine "aoral portion" cs

bitewerksMTB

ANIMAL BIZARRE comp- all 4 tracks are very good but Wertham & the American Great Dane track are my faves

I have that Wolf Eyes 2LP on Hospital but remember it as someone banging on a gong or something like that. Will sell if someone needs it...

MT

Musta Oksennus - Keitä paholaiset ovat?

Never been that much into noisecore, but this is really good! Fucked up beyond belief.

Lapot - Igneous Corrosion

This tape really got me! Solid and strong. Mass of electroncis flowing onwards, merciless! High recommendations.

ConcreteMascara

Dead Can Dance - Within The Realm of a Dying Sun (CD) - sublime

Dead Can Dance - Spleen and Ideal (CD) - not my favorite DCD album but it's been growing on me lately

Young Hunting - The Night of the Burning (12") - reminds me a lot of Dead Can Dance with a more consciously dark and modern sound. I haven't heard their debut CD but this is excellent. 4 songs around the 6 minute mark each flowing quite well from one to the other. Very mature music for such a young group. Highly recommended.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RG

Haven't been listening to much pe/industrial/noise lately

Finally got the new Ride for Revenge album in the mail this past weekend. I've only given it one spin so far and I really don't know what to think...The weirdness is still present but I'm not sure I'm on board with the inclusion of the "bestial" war metal sections. I can't fault them for taking the project in new directions and trying new things, but at first listen it just didn't seem to work that well. Rather than meshing with the material surrounding it, those passages stick out and clash with the established RfR "aura"...perhaps creating a new aura? I dunno, I might feel differently after more listens. Regardless of how I feel about it, I think it's safe to say that this is the most metal RfR material yet.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on January 31, 2012, 06:49:45 PM
Dead Can Dance - Within The Realm of a Dying Sun (CD) - sublime

Dead Can Dance - Spleen and Ideal (CD) - not my favorite DCD album but it's been growing on me lately
For those who thirst for more DCD-like music, give all things Azam Ali a listen.  The Vas - In the Garden of Souls and the acoustic disc from Niyaz - Nine Heavens are good places to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azam_Ali#Discography

and a great performance to watch:
http://fora.tv/2011/11/22/Azam_Ali_From_Night_to_the_Edge_of_Day
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Levas

Cannot stop listening to Nylon Beat - Satasen Laina Cd for the third day in a row

kettu

skrewdriver:white rider found a rip of it finally
brother claude ely:satan get back
ru-486 iron empire tape
in slaughter natives:enter now the world

Ernpe

Veli-Matti O Äijälä 12" (Joteskii Groteskii 2011 or 2012)

One-sided 45 rpm 12" with four songs of minimal electronics. Scratches, crankling, minimal crude synth work and spoken word. Very little happening, very much repeating. Very unmodern and very amateurish. I guess those who like the most minimal parts of Will Over Matter will also enjoy this one, though the approach is rather experimental than 'occultist' - yet this is not arty at all either.

Nice package and moderate pricing makes this well worth checking out.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

Bleak Existence

Whitehouse - Erector

RyanWreck

Pogrom - Multicultural Degeneration - Man am I glad this came out when it did. I haven't been listening to much P.E. or Noise lately, just stacks and stacks of Metal albums but this one brought me back in. There is a good deal of variation here. Some tracks are fairly minimal with a couple of layers of static and some concrete sounds of metal/junk ("Trash" being one of the best tracks here, "Order" is another more minimal one) and field recordings (?). Other tracks are filled to the brim with Power Electronics racket. "Escaping Annihilation" has frantic vocals shouting over waving feedback, droning static and walls of hiss, delivered quickly in just over 2 minutes. "White Cunts" reminds me of the new BU material a little bit; flanged vocals and completely filthy walls of noise that hold a lot of weight. Great effort from Lithuania.

Blodvite - Ett Frammande Land - Another amazing tape (2011 has started out great so far) that is another reminder of just why I listen to Noise. Dirty loop-based Noise from Denmark. The way this is all laid out, from the loops and the metal/junk to the droning synth rumbles, gives this one a cold, Industrial feel. Everything builds up slowly like little chapters to a larger story, delivered in a filthy yet organic way.

nidding

Quote from: RyanWreck on February 04, 2012, 06:32:03 AM
Blodvite - Ett Frammande Land - Another amazing tape (2011 has started out great so far) that is another reminder of just why I listen to Noise. Dirty loop-based Noise from Denmark. The way this is all laid out, from the loops and the metal/junk to the droning synth rumbles, gives this one a cold, Industrial feel. Everything builds up slowly like little chapters to a larger story, delivered in a filthy yet organic way.

Blodvite is Swedish. Really good tape though.

RyanWreck

Pussyfooter - Rwanda - Another solid release from Nordisk Klub. Repetitive Harsh Noise collapsing within walls of grating distortion with a solid amount of junk abuse. Not a whole lot of range on either side, usually everything moves slowly and continues on the same path for the entire track (both sides just under 10 minutes) but it is done in an enduring way, staying simple but very distinct and uniform all the way through and not becoming stagnant or boring at any point.

V/A - Axis Sally - Old-school compilation on Broken Flag that weaves P.E. and post-mortem Industrial through samples from speeches Hitler made, marching music and propaganda films, usually accompanied by some form of Noise as an undercurrent carrying the samples ahead. One of the standout tracks here is "Filthy Art" by Consumer Electronics. It is a short track that is under 2 minutes but being in between 2 speeches ("Propaganda" which is Hitler speaking while minimal Noise plays out on top of it, and "Hitler ist Deutschland" which is just a vocal sample of a speech) along with its up front Vocals that spill out over the very minimal, bouncy feedback and high-end static, it is hard not to suddenly have XE brought to mind. The other track I really enjoy is the Ramleh and S.P.I.T.E. collaboration track. 8 minutes of pure old school Industrial; crackling waves of static, high-end feedback, synth manipulation and dirty, buried vocals collaged together to create a song that seems to move forward in a very organic and settled way. This tape doesn't seem to get as much attention as the other comps on Broken Flag (i.e. White Power or Neuengamme) but I think it deserves more attention and a reissue would be incredible.

FreakAnimalFinland

SOUTH SATURN DELTA 'Experience The Concreteness' CD
Not THAT bad, but when you think of Masonna + Astro with drummer, and their "finest live shows 2003-2005", I would expect it to be better. From kind of routine guitar/synth with some masonna yells and free drumming, just easy spending time with, but from these guys, just about anything is better.

JAPANOISE OF DEATH II CD
This is actually better than volume one? Curiously it is also many of the younger bands who show their skills as opposed to older names and the ones you didn't expect so much, actually don't lose a bit for those you expected to kill instantly.
Solmania, KK Null and Astro for example hardly get you cheer of excitement. Hijokaidan, Incapacitants, Government Alpha do pretty good, but kind of their routine jobs - not the best ones. Dissecting Table with his harsh noise side stands out strong, like does Kazumoto Endo with his trademark fast cut high energy noise. From the veteran sector, also Nord can't fail. But when you really take the name of compilation and compare bands together, Mothra just kills, Montage crushes with dark slow noisy deadliness, Scremola is somewhat "digital", but when compared to the older names surrounding his track, he conquers. All stuff is new and exclusively - of course - how it should be. It might not rise up there on same level of Come Again II or Noise Forest or Extreme Music From Japan - but perhaps it's more of nostalgia and repeated listenings, but in the end, I do sense a lot of tracks with samey digital distortion removing kind of personal character what used to be in old comps. Still most definitely decent comp to get and listen to!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net