Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Lust on November 05, 2012, 10:11:23 PM
ILDJARN

Now, THIS is black metal. Pure hate and anger, the best black metal band ever.
Look into The Germs to hear one of his influences.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

RyanWreck

ILDJARN

Definitely. Ildjarn - "Strength And Anger" and "Forest Poetry" plus Absurd - "Facta Luquuntur" are the 3 best Black Metal albums ever, in my opinion. Forget Burzum, forget Gorgoroth, forget Darkthrone.

And by Black Metal I don't mean what most people label as the "First Wave of Black Metal", because that is just Thrash. But in that case Bathory's first 3 albums easily take the cake.

NP: Sick Seed - "Elephant Man" - Really good stuff. The first couple of minutes surprised me, I didn't know if I may have mistakenly put in an SSRI tape. But then some heavy bass thunders through and the very obvious vocals from Pekka shout on. This is supposedly a "live recording" but to me it sounds just as good as any of his other LP's in terms of production and sound.

online prowler

ILDJARN

HAIL!

One of my fav BM bands. Natt & tåke from the album Det frysende Nordariket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp721RVahA8&playnext=1&list=PLJ5a95tvcv-kFRgqTpNUdTWl1ZSssz3su&feature=results_video

BIZARRE UPROAR "Viha&Kiima" 3xCS. A superior release. Highly recommend the extended tape version.
Cremation Lily - "Votive Mirror". CS. Slow-pacing enigmas.
Various - "WE GAVE THEM THE FUTURE AND THEY WANTED THE PAST". CS. Uncompromising hard cock from Unrest. ONe of the years best compilation tapes so far.    

Bleak Existence

Viimeinen Kolonna - aistien juhlaa

Mikerdeath

I really want to write something about Ildjarn but I simply cant put it to words.

Ildjarn is not better than Burzum or Darkthrone musically, or technically, but it really depends on my mood what I want to sit and listen to.
Darkthrone - Rehersal '92 from Darkthrone ‎– A Night Of Unholy Black Metal bootleg is just as good as any music Ildjarn recorded.
Burzum - Filosofem Vidar had full capacity to come close to this record but never actually did.

It is probably for the best that Ildjarn remains an "obscure" name while Darkthrone and Burzum are household pop culture icons, however, after the re-issues on a "big" label Im sure that will not last long. Ildjarn's music is about raw human isolation first and foremost.

The synth works are unmatched for the time period. & The Thou Shalt Suffer & Early Emperor stuff is also deathly real, black, and cold.

FreakAnimalFinland

Been just cleaning basement and thinking whether I should dump shitloads of Ildjarn covers/inserts - most of all Ildjarn is dead. Got bunch of slightly "scratched" discs (was storaged in spindels and have small dots or such marks). May pack some copies to be sold as "2nd hand items". If someone doesn't have this release, double cd with two old demos (featuring emperor members) and lots of unreleased stuff. Drop me a line and I guess I'm selling those for like 9 euro range (original price 17e). Only faulty is little surface marks in discs..

Ildjarn used to be laughed at and ignored for long time. Even if quite big label (Napalm) did some CD's, they eventually ended up in discount bins everywhere. Thinking this was often sold with fame of Emperor, certainly people who liked Emperor's albums, could have been highly offended why this kind on unsophisticated roughness was sold to them. It took years to CD's finally disappear and I guess also in 2000's "scene" was ready for it.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

cipher chris

I'll take a double CD Mikko, add it to whatever's being sent to me whenever.

ddmurph

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 08, 2012, 08:44:23 AM
Been just cleaning basement and thinking whether I should dump shitloads of Ildjarn covers/inserts - most of all Ildjarn is dead. Got bunch of slightly "scratched" discs (was storaged in spindels and have small dots or such marks). May pack some copies to be sold as "2nd hand items". If someone doesn't have this release, double cd with two old demos (featuring emperor members) and lots of unreleased stuff. Drop me a line and I guess I'm selling those for like 9 euro range (original price 17e). Only faulty is little surface marks in discs..

stating the obvious here but if anyone doesn't have this already, jump to it! immense set. gonna dig it out and listen to it again now actually

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 27, 2012, 09:34:29 AM
(Wouldn't a re-release of the whole, original 6x10" "Experiences Musicales" be brilliant?)

late to this but the remaining tracks from the original experiences musicales set not on the new rumpsti pumpsti reissue were released on a single cd back in the mid-90's which is still easy enough to track down. rumpsti pumpsti has copies in fact ... http://mailorder.rumpsti-pumsti.com/index.php?productID=2772

... unless you mean a complete reissue on 6 10"s (which would be nice but i'm happy with cd's)

Quote from: Mattias G on November 04, 2012, 02:12:41 PM
Quote from: alterstock on November 04, 2012, 01:06:29 AM
Quote from: sprachlos on October 30, 2012, 09:07:09 AM
Does anyone now who Astor is? A Vincent over the Sink related thing?
More of a Red Hot Chili Peppers related project than a Vincent Over The Sink one.
Red Hot Chili Peppers related project? Please tell us more!!!

ha, yeah, i'd like to hear more about this too! and i'll chime in on the astor praise also. and speaking of vincent over the sink, i really like the bowles 7" that kye put out this year too

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on November 05, 2012, 05:49:30 PM
The last arrive:

Luc FERRARI - L'oeuvre Electronique (INA-GRM 2009) 10 x CD

Great release. It includes all the best electronique works - many of them are true masterpieces. Added over 100 pages mini-book with many photos, interesting interview, biography and detailed history of every included recording. Must!

just posted this over on the troniks board but there's a new francois bayle box that's just been released also. looks pretty incredible ... http://www.chondriticsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=501944#p501944

currently playing: ildjarn is dead!

recent playlist:

shadow ring - remains unchanged 2lp
harry pussy - one plus one 2lp
jean tinguely - sound sculptures - tate gallery 1982 lp
alexander ross - grandfather paradox lp
veli-matti o aijala - raskas taakka lp
kito mizukumi rouber - otonaki touge de hagureta kmr lp
hair stylistics - hustler power electronics convention lp
black flag - in my head cd
adolescents - the complete demos 1980-1986 cd
rudolf eb.er - eden 13 cd (can't mention this without mentioning the amazing anal pop-up artwork ... homage to gunter brus' body analysis but in 3D!)

ConcreteMascara

V/A - Arachnid Claims Its Prey (2xCassette) - only got through the first tape. Mixed bag so far but I especially enjoyed the weirdness of the ANTIchildLEAGUE track. And I kind of cringed when I heard mine again :(

Content Nullity - Scorn of Totality (Cassette) - really enjoying this, especially the b-side. kind of sounds like a cross between Renegade era Propergol and Pleasure Ground era Prurient. listened to it 4 times in a row while doing some reading.

John Carpenter & Alan Howarth - Halloween II + III (LPs) - the soundtrack for Halloween II is okay. The theme is pretty good and all but overall it just doesn't grab me. Halloween III is another story. Much more experimental and risky but it totally pays off. It reminds me a lot of the Escape From NY OST at times.

and then a healthy dose of Skinny Puppy and In Aeternam Vale
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Zeno Marx

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 08, 2012, 04:48:53 PMHalloween III is another story. Much more experimental and risky but it totally pays off. It reminds me a lot of the Escape From NY OST at times.
Agreed.  When I listen to one, I usually listen to the other soon after.  Strong tonal associations for me.

Good news on that Bayle set.  As far as I'm concerned, he's the master of electro-acoustics.  It's great news that more people will be exposed to Purgatoire (though I'm confused why it isn't a 2CD) and Son Vitesse-lumière (his greatest masterpiece).  Very cool set.  Thanks for making me aware.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

I like the Halloween II soundtrack more than I expected to. I do not remember anything about the film. I ordered Prince of Darkness but received HII instead so now have to wait for a restock of PoD.

sterilization

Grunt - world draped in a camouflage lp

Extremely varied album. Covers many styles of the PE genre. I have not heard a better PE album all year. Highly recommended. A funny note, this record has plain black center labels on both sides, so I looked to the matrix number to identify the A side but both sides are marked A after the matrix number! I only knew it was wrong when I heard mikko shouting "dance for the genocide!".

Bleak Existence

Ryan Bloomer - punch pugs

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: sterilization on November 09, 2012, 02:28:21 AM
Grunt - world draped in a camouflage lp

Extremely varied album. Covers many styles of the PE genre. I have not heard a better PE album all year. Highly recommended. A funny note, this record has plain black center labels on both sides, so I looked to the matrix number to identify the A side but both sides are marked A after the matrix number! I only knew it was wrong when I heard mikko shouting "dance for the genocide!".

The A is irrelevant. Look at the matrix number and the last before the letter I think is 1 or 2 aka A or B. It's the same on a lot of FA releases. I'd be more specific but I'm not at home to check
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512