PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Just received Hermann Kopp's latest album, Zyanidanger, and it's definitely my favorite record from him so far. The compositions are a lot more varied and the overall mood is rather sinister. Apparently the record is based on some book dealing with the history of chemistry and I'm sure the lyrics might be dealing with such themes but I can't say the music itself represents it that much. Apart from Kopp's basic violin experiments, there is some low octave analog synth & beats, murky, and in some parts, quite melodic piano, female vocals/speaking and obviously Kopp's own vocals. I'm already spinning this for the second time, really enjoyable record and definitely the best from the latest Galakthorrö batch. HA 7" was good but doesn't differ from their previous records that much and Te/DIS was horrible synth-pop crap.

Levas

Lately I've been feeling quite tired of noise etc. Even started listening to national radio station talk shows etc. Maybe it's summer. But from the pile that I've listened to lately.

Creation Through Destruction vs Nundata - 2213: Decomposed Circuits - this is one very good tape of harsh noise. I'm not sure if I've been able to listen to this album prior to this release or not? but on tape it sounds just perfect! Great blast of harshness. Recommended.

Marian Kafer - Kafer's Indigest - another good tape from Impulsy Stetoskopu. I liked the latest batch of his though didn't check the CDr.

Skeldos - Sniegu pėdose ji liko maža - this is the first Cdr of Lithuanian ambient project, released some 10 years ago or so. Interesting stuff. Piano melodies, some rap parts, guitar etc. Not quite fitting to any standards of styles I'd say.

David E. Williams - Trust No Scaffold Built of this Bone - Nice CD. Some tracks sound weird with his atonal singing, but there are very good ones where his voice sounds strong and lyrics are nice. overall, good listen.

Porta Vittoria - Summer of our Discomfort - This one is also great new release from OEC. Easy listening that goes together well with some cheap wine.

and thanks to Scat-O-Logy who started talking about black metal a few posts back.

Clandestine Blaze - Harmony of Struggle - great album, but I didn't hear any bad album of CB so it's the same as just saying "album", but well..

Phlegein - Silver Veins - I haven't heard anything from this band before, but it is what you can expect from Northern Heritage. Good stuff.

Must Surma / Bloodhammer / Annihilatus - Christian Genocide - I'm good at reviewing black metal albums and saying "another great album", but this is it. At first listen the Bloodhammer stuff seemed not to blend in overall atmosphere, but after a few spins, I caught the mood. Finnish black metal scene is still delivering the best stuff for my ears..

Scat-O-Logy

Have been listening to the Second Sleep stuff I received yesterday. Virile Games was really good and I feel gutted for missing the Hospital tape because of the stupid small edition! I was also quite surprised by Endless Sea 12" because I was expecting an instant harsh noise explosion but instead got really well constructed track with engaging development going on. Scorpio & Glass tape (extra item) was horrible. Either the dubbing was bad or the recording was completely fucked up. Mostly crackles but beneath all that I noticed potential, didn't work for me though. Tommi Keränen & Lettera 22 7" on the other hand was fucking amazing! TK track was a success and the best track I have heard from him. Brilliant electronics with very detailed & clear sound, pure bliss to my ears. Can't remember the L22 track that well because at that point I was too overwhelmed by the TK track but I have listened it from YT and it's really nice as well. Great 7", really recommended! Haven't had time to dig in to the Drug Age box yet but at least "Alphabet" was really good after couple of listens.

Decided to take a little break from SS releases and spin some delightful filth for a change. Bizarre Uproar/Gelsomina, another tape which I received yesterday, has been playing quite rapidly. Surprisingly the solo track of Gelsomina worked the best for me. Really nice murky industrial sounds, like a mixture between SS & SSRI. Now spinning "The Non Alliant II" by STAB. Really good record, actually better than I remembered.

Also, shout-out for Solförmörkelse; Received first three releases a while ago and damn, some really catchy tunes there. Thanks a lot!

HONOR_IS_KING!

Iron Fist of the Sun "I Will Never Have The Right" CD
Genocide Organ "Leichenlinie" CD
Con-Dom "Live in Japan 2003" CD
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

eyestrain

Will Over Matter Phenomenal Highways LP (White Denim)
As good as it always is. Starts off right and ends just right.

Also, have to second the support on the recent Second Sleep releases. Stellar work from 90% of them. Drug Age box rules.

Dr Alex

Trepaneringsritualen ‎– The Totality Of Death (Programme A) cd
Trepaneringsritualen ‎– The Totality Of Death (Programme B) cd

Great industrial document!!!!

Scat-O-Logy

Today's weather in Finland is rather gloomy so Arktau Eos is the choice for the day. I decided to buy their latest album just out of curiosity and I must admit enjoying it quite a lot. The Enochian cantation on "Unbinding Kaamos" is somewhat obnoxious but other than that I don't have too much to complain about. The album is packed with a lot of variation and the overall mood is rather claustrophobic in a good sense. As a guy who doesn't normally listen to this kind of music, I would say this is a solid dark ambient album.

What do you guys think of Unworeldes?

bitewerksMTB

"What do you guys think of Unworeldes?"

I think it's a rather odd looking word.

I need to order the two  Trepaneringsritualen  cd's...

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 01, 2013, 08:22:09 PM
"What do you guys think of Unworeldes?"

I think it's a rather odd looking word.

Quote from: theotherjohn on July 01, 2013, 12:24:50 AMGenuinely laughed out loud at this quote, are you secretly a stand up comedian on the side Keith?

As y'all probably know, I was talking about the Arktau Eos album...

ARKHE

New PESTE NOIRE album, illegitimately uploaded to youtube. 1/3 in, less experimental than the previous one, but still very Peste Noire. Faster.

tiny_tove

geronimo, feat wt nelson (bastard noise)
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

online prowler

Quote from: ARKHE on July 02, 2013, 11:19:28 AM
New PESTE NOIRE album, illegitimately uploaded to youtube. 1/3 in, less experimental than the previous one, but still very Peste Noire. Faster.

Had a run-through of the album while working some days ago. Managed to hold my interest through the whole. Drunken and folky. Think it have potential. Looking forward to purchase the vinyl.  

HongKongGoolagong

Played some great old vinyl tonight.

Lou Reed - Take No Prisoners
Missing Foundation - 1933 Your House Is Mine
Rhombus Of Doom - s/t
v/a - Chocolate Soup For Diabetics
v/a - Kenny Everett World's Worst Record Show

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: Peterson on July 04, 2013, 04:45:55 AM
Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on July 04, 2013, 04:35:09 AM
Lou Reed - Take No Prisoners
"It's not that I don't wanna play your favorite songs, just that there are so many to choose from..."

"I heard it said the worst are filled with a passionate intensity and the best lack all conviction, now try and figure out which I am"

That Lulu album sounds amazing and daring to my ears. The guy is a complete hero to me and his work had brought me so much happiness.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-liver-complains-of-difficulty-working-with-lou,32669/

m.

NYODENE D "Atop Masada"
THE RITA & CALIGULA031 "Self shop"
Nil By Mouth always releases top quality stuff

Negative Climax "Kālá"
truly weird and original stuff, great!