PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 22, 2013, 07:38:44 PM
Antediluvian ‎– Through The Cervix Of Hawaah 2xLP

The artwork is excellent but I didn't like it very much. I remember it sounding all the same whereas the record on Bird of Ill Omen was pretty damn good.
The 12" on Bird of Ill Omen will likely be hard for them to beat.  That's a great mini-LP.  Really good essence to it, and that isn't easily duplicated.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Levas

Airija - Čia - some older annoying Lithuanian rock

Fortūna - Meilės Sapnai - this one's some primitive pop from the middle of nineties. What's nice in this is a dude singing out of tune words like "your body awakes, getting hot as iron, your tits and vagina drives me mad" and so on. Nice

Das Energi - Recitations - something quite ok, but I don't remember what was it now

Deterge - Substrate Catalyzation - nice hn/pe

Wilt - Dark Meadows - good dark ambient

Various - Anything's better - 4 tapes from posh isolation. Rare blood was quite boring reverbed guitar trip. Jonas Frederiksen - some new agey stuff, but better than rare blood side. Tuft Hunter - repetitive and monotonous, but not in a bad way. Christian Stadsgaard - good. Damien Dubrovnik - is this project always going with hints of black metal/drone? Enjoyable. Braces - the best from this compilation. very nice mood and good sounds. LR - there were some good parts, there were not that good. But overall it's something to enjoy and perhaps the most noisy stuff in this comp. Ashley C - Siren of apathy being my favourite from what I remember, but overall the side was good too. Neat stuff

SiClark

Quote from: Levas on July 22, 2013, 11:42:22 PM
Wilt - Dark Meadows - good dark ambient
Ahhh, bought that years ago and really liked it, haven't listened to it in ages, will have to dig it out.

Bloated Slutbag

Gelsomina "Pythogenetics: Collection"
Has been my "go to" when needing a primer on what I like best in me noise. Not very much relent in this smorgasbord of shit flapping about rearing up and flopping in the face.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Levas

Interesting post. Thanks

FreakAnimalFinland

ORGASMIC RESPONSE UNIT "caveat" tape
WCN
Basic neat harsh noise blasting. Nothing to rave about, but neither anything to complain!

VASCULAE "Prolapse" tape
WCN
Brilliant! At first I felt like this ain't that good, as it appears to be too solid.. But suddenly I'm capture by the projects ability to give this impressions of doing loud distorted harsh noise, BUT still kick accelerator pedal and boost it louder and noisier. And keep doing it. Steady and brutal force goes forward all the time mercilessly, but there is plenty of detail and changes going on. For fans of brutal pedal distortion harsh noise it is good purchase!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

MORDANT KARMA "Devour" tape
WCN
Damn! This is good! If comparing to two tapes above, MK has much more buzy and hectic atmosphere than O.R.U. yet less compositional quality than Vasculae. What it loses on bass heavy rumble and skilled composition, it simply wins with restless frantic burst what could match the sound modulation pace of Incapacitants, but layer it up and punch through tape saturation. Nice! If just there was a bit more in composition, it would certainly get top points. Even as it is, essential for harsh heads!

FreakAnimalFinland

V/A DISCONNECTION - CONTEMPORARY HARSH NOISE VOL II - 2x tape
Skeleton Dust Recordings
Another set of tapes I've been waiting to get my hands on, but simply lacked time... douple tape with one side each project.
A Snake In The Garden is very tasty. When talking of metal junk, feedback and distortion, you can fail - but even with semi-talented hands - this cocktail of elements belongs to my favorites. He is able to pull out slightly unexpected sound and twists. Theoretically very standard and basic, but at the same time utterly enjoyable broken feel in rotten distorted sound. Neat development of track what I just felt to be slightly too linear, but then goes elsewhere, including tasty turn from mono to exaggerated stereo sounds.
Coastal belongs to type of noise I don't much appreciate. Mixer and 3 distortion pedals create crackling distortion. Nothing else. High pitch, not aggressive or brutal. Simply crackling like sandpaper on turntable needle. If placing yourself between loud speakers to get nice stereo sound, experience is better. To step out from this "3D feel", flattens the sound drastically. In a way I like the minimalism where almost nothing happens (sound only erupts into feedback for dozen seconds in end of side), but the tiny crackle grains do start to make patterns and ghostly shapes in your brain.
Endless Sea is the most basic harsh blast. Not bad, but kind of contact mic / close by objects, live blasting.. Not bad, but typical.
Fissure is challenging. At first I'm ready to label it to this rumble & crackle category, which it mostly is... But there is plenty of moment and development of sounds. While often stays restricted to slow and somehow lazy sounds, it has ability to suddenly become crunchy and even erupt to wilder noise sounds indicating there IS something happening behind these suffocating gates.. One of absolute best moments is the gloomy tone rising between the crackles close to end of side. Makes great ending for this release.

Mix of very good, average and also challenging recordings what may require a bit to open up.

aischrolatreia

Bizarre Uproar 4x Live tape- haven't gotten through it fully yet, but so far very solid. The live rendition of 'Hate Your Face' is certainly crushing. Some of my favorite artwork on the tapes so far as well.

RFR/below split- Ride for revenge surprising me as always, but still keeping their murky tradition. Below is interesting, but still has plenty of room to grow. With some tracks I found myself not able to pay attention. It's rare that anything that could be labeled as "black noise" or whatever really holds my attention though.

Akitsa- After seeing them [flawlessly] perform in NYC on saturday I have been revisiting their back catalogue and can't find a bad release. Genuinely hateful and dedicated band.

Parlamentarisk Sodomi-de anarkistiske annaler- Grindcore died with this album, I think.

bitewerksMTB

Trepaneringsritualen "The Totality Of Death" (Malignant)- excellent. if SPK had a vocalist who listened to black metal... will give the Silken Tofu disc a spin tonight.

HongKongGoolagong

Prurient - "Cocaine Death" tonight - this is a really enjoyable record of PE/noise with bonus mental health issues, pretentiousness and confusion - great vicious yet sometimes mournful sounds, very confusing concepts behind it which probably boil down to problems with his girlfriend or something but it does have real enigma - also stunning package with booklet of mysterious Gulf Coast looking photography.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: aischrolatreia on July 23, 2013, 05:55:23 PM
Parlamentarisk Sodomi-de anarkistiske annaler- Grindcore died with this album, I think.
even I can't appreciate this kind of hyperbole
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

martialgodmask

Graustich - Untitled - throbbing frequencies really getting into my head on this one, really enjoyed it. Quite minimal sounding but effective for it.

So it turns out Kafkex is kinda on hiatus as far as new releases is concerned, but still selling existing stuff. One copy of Graustich left, I believe. Kafkex kindly threw in the following as well:

Striations - Pimping Out Mommy
Streetmeat - Allison
Self Obsession Honey - I Hurt Myself To Get Pain Out +1

aischrolatreia

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 23, 2013, 11:38:53 PM
Quote from: aischrolatreia on July 23, 2013, 05:55:23 PM
even I can't appreciate this kind of hyperbole

Not a serious statement. It does keep my attention more than some other newer bands I've heard though. Even the ten minute grindcore ballad at the end.

SiClark

Quote from: martialgodmask on July 23, 2013, 11:52:17 PM
Streetmeat - Allison

I haven't heard much of Streetmeat but that release is pretty good.