Taint - Vice lp
Taint - Dau ghter: Victimology 2 lp
Taint / Grunt - Schoolyard Bruises lp
Nicole 12 / Taint - Candyman lp
Deathkey - Doctrine Of Intolerant Hatred 2xcd
Black Leather Jesus / Ekunhaashaastaack - Split tape
Oscillating Innards - Irretrievable: MMII - MMVIII 2xtape

eyestrain

Developer/Sorcerer Torturer fact066 (Factotum Tapes): Developer = stroke-inducing. More spastic than I can really handle. Sorcerer Torturer = too spastic as well...with frustratingly weak vocals thrown in randomly.

Developer/Being fact061 (Factotum Tapes): Developer = spastic into drawn-out noise... I enjoy this 10 minute session much more. Being = more subdued than usual. A real highlight of his output.

Eduard Artemiev Solaris (Superior Viaduct): I forgot just how mesmerizing and challenging this film was --- the music was directly involved clearly, as this LP blew my mind.

Kinit Her Living Midnight At The Harvest Abbey (Brave Mysteries): The live/improv predecessor to their recent ritualistic works. Great stuff.

Bastard Noise/Brutal Truth The Axiom Of Post Inhumanity (Relapse): Nothing very interesting. Brutal Truth's contributions are straight-boring. Bastard Noise is just...exactly as it always is.

Shampoo Boy Licht (Blackest Ever Black): Despite what I'm told, this just sounds like a lackluster Skullflower recording (which could mean many different things to a a lot of folks, I suppose).

Horrid Red Who Made The World (Burundi Cloud Music): Not sure how these could be B-sides unless date-of-creation were the reason; some superior works here. (Potentially) free album on Bunker Wolf's bandcamp: http://fwymusic.bandcamp.com/.

King Crimson Red (Atlantic): Never tire of this masterwork.

Tor Lundvall Structures And Solitude: Night Studies (Dais): 5th disc of "'after hours' recording sessions" is precisely what I (occasionally) enjoy from Lundvall; soothing, calm and without that cheesy whiny-ness that makes many of his songs skip-worthy.

Troum Mare Morphosis (Transgredient): Excellent, but my least favorite of the trilogy.

online prowler

Bohren und der club of gore. "Black Earth".

Langsam untergang.

Levas

You knew that Punch Records has been selling all their catalogue for 3-4$ because they finally ceased their activities, yes?

So these were lying quite some time around here while finally got the time and mood to spin them.

Novy Svet & O Paradis - Destello de Estrellas en la Frente - Novy Svet some years ago was on quite a huge wave in here. Huge wave I mean people more or less knew what they were about and heard a few songs. This CD however sounds like O Paradis solo output somehow. If I remember correctly how NS sounded.

Various - We're Punch Addicted - Decent compilation of Punch artists with quite a lot of styles covered. Anyways, Divine Muzak was my sort of discovery from that compilation.

Ait! - Romanticismo Oltranzista - Romantics, dolls, manequins and somewhat different album from other AIT! outputs.

O Paradis - Las Nubes que Mueren - well, if you have ever heard at least one album of O Paradis, you've heard them all. Just like with Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio or Of The Wand and the Moon etc. Just these 2 CDs is a little more of O Paradis.

O Paradis - La Boca Del Infierno - Nice cover and overall artwork. and good sounds.

Wermut - Anna - this was the thing I've never heard before. And I doubt I'll want to hear more. The music would be ok for background etc. if not for the woman's voice, "singing" completely out of tune. But not Tony Wakeford out of tune which is quite good for me, but some cosmic cat orchestra out of tune mode. Nope.

O Paradis - Cuando el Tiempo Sopla - Listening to it now and I start to like this project even more than before

Hirsute Pursuit - Revel in your ability to accessorize my pleasure - well, this one doesn't seem different from albums before on Cold Spring. OK.

Filivs Macrocosmi ‎– Сталкер - Nothing interesting dark ambient. Not bad though. But I started to wonder what are the movies most successful in industrial scene that "inspired to create an album". Stalker is definitely one of them.

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Levas on November 24, 2013, 12:15:11 PM
Filivs Macrocosmi ‎– Сталкер - Nothing interesting dark ambient. Not bad though. But I started to wonder what are the movies most successful in industrial scene that "inspired to create an album". Stalker is definitely one of them.

Lustmord & Robert Rich's Stalker is a really good cinematic dark ambient album IMO - one of the very best. Just spinned it recently, and unlike some other albums of this genre from the 90s, this has indeed aged with dignity.

Edit: Undulating Terrain - never mind the visuals, just great soundtrack-like music that goes perfectly with the original story.

Sleep Research Facility of course did the album inspired by the movie Alien. Nice concept:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostromo_(album)

eyestrain

EUS Sol Levit (N/A): This Sage character at Heathen Harvest...don't think I ever see anything rated below a 4, yet it's almost all dark ambient music. I must be missing something in this genre, as very little ever seems to warrant a review that would suggest "you will listen to this album hundreds of time before you die". At least he (she) isn't as factually bland as most of the other contributors, but I digress. This received the predictable 5/5 as it is a good bit above average. Somewhere between the expected sounds of Troum or a more muzakal Anemone Tube. Slightly more engaging than previous works (project is two years old-ish, so there's vast improvement in a short span), which means it is a mash-up of all the linear components of the first few albums. This creates an album and not just a sound experiment. Not quite ambient, not quite drone...non-confrontational, meditative, serene.

Many repeats of Will Over Matter Phenomenal Highways, Merkstave S/T, Eduard Artemiev Solaris, Luciano Cilio Dell'Univero Assente, Developer/Being fact061, Magnolia Electric Co. Fading Trails.

Very excited to press play on Linekraft Kikai Ningen, Will Over Matter Toisesta Maailmasta, Nyodene D Atop Masada, Wrong Hole Esthetic Savings, Drug Age Tropismo, Amph Hudson, RM Current Logic, Jeph Jerman A Fidgety And Excitable Engine.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Salamanauhat on November 24, 2013, 01:40:36 PM
Quote from: Levas on November 24, 2013, 12:15:11 PM

Lustmord & Robert Rich's Stalker is a really good cinematic dark ambient album IMO - one of the very best. Just spinned it recently, and unlike some other albums of this genre from the 90s, this has indeed aged with dignity.
I disagree.  One of my taop movies.  Least favorite Lustmord release and not high on Rich's spotty collection, either.  Found it to be a real disappointment with all the talent and great inspiration involved.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Zeno Marx on November 25, 2013, 03:49:41 AM
I disagree.  One of my taop movies.  Least favorite Lustmord release and not high on Rich's spotty collection, either.  Found it to be a real disappointment with all the talent and great inspiration involved.

Nothing can beat the greatness of the OST really, but I think this is a really good alternative take on The Zone. It sure sounds more like Rich than Lustmord to me.

Levas

Random playlist for sunday

Gurzuf - Non-Existent Movie - they were playing here a few times. The guy playing concertina is truly amazing. Full of energy and highly enjoyable stuff. What's even weirder for me that they were just traveling around and playing in various places associated with punks, grindcore etc. where one could expect somebody with the skills like that to be playing for guys in expensive suits. respect. have a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHFdpHuCEs

Romania - Kiekvienas vaikas nori turėti žvėrį - the band from Lithuania, still releasing only private releases mainly, really nicely packed, recorded and done. Nice, nostalgic, a little melancholic, sunken in alcohol, view from the countryside of Lithuania. I guess you could call that alcobilly or whatever. They are amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caU1xJ26MCI

Alrealon sampler - I guess this is a leftover of those CDs that I've got for free. Not too much to comment. Mostly ambient/idm/illbient etc.

Zinc Room - In Wooden Room - I suppose this is good quality dark ambient - something that people seriously into dark ambient likes. I don't have much to comment though. It was ok.

deathcamp

Finnish supremacy:

STROM.ec The Manual of Diagnosis CD
GRUNT World Drapped in a Camouflage LP

deathcamp

TERROR ORGAN Necromechanics (War Hammer)
WERTHAM Streetcleaner (Extremocidente)
PRURIENT Victorian Photography (Turgid Animal)

All these 7" are very good!

eyestrain

Ahlzagailzehguh/Existence In Decline Collateral Damage Statisticians (Collapsed Hole): Silliest packaging I've seen in quite a while...holes from these B.B.'s would look more menacing if done with a paper punch. Regardless, good 'ol Ahlz- style that I remember from older releases. Straight-to-the-jugular-assault of two 5-minute-shy harsh noise blasts. Lots of fun on repreat.

Linekraft Kikai Ningen (Nil By Mouth): More like the "Nark" track on Malignant sampler, or the opener on  Under The Architecture...not his fierce, piercing Japanoise-ish output, but loop-heavy metal testing. Sparse and decent vocals. Surgical atmosphere. A nice meeting place between Mania's recent work and your average death-industrial/PE soundscape. A really stunning release. Less silly packaging, but still odd...

Nyodene D Atop Masada (Nil By Mouth): ...not as frustrating as the too-big burlap pouch that this thing comes in. I like ingenuity in packaging, but not so much when its done in a way thats just gonna eat up the insert and get lost in some crevice in the house. But again, just like the above, really stunning sounds going on here. I wasn't so moved by the Grunting that was Edenfall. This is more up my alley. Monotonous and invasive.

Will Over Matter Toisesta Maailmasta (Freak Animal): As is usually the W.O.M. case, I'm deeply perplexed haha. I don't know Finnish, so I couldn't tell you anything about the A-side. Perhaps it is an interview with an abductee child. It's rounded off with the interior sounds of a crashing UFO. B-side is an unintelligible rumble and hum and another crash. Not a document for repeating often, but interesting simply for being part of Herr Mentor's œuvre cos I'm weird like that. At least the packaging is straight and to the point: aliens, UFO crash diagram (?), FA. The end.

Steven R. Smith/Ulaan Khol Ending/Returning (Immune Rec.): Gorgeous packaging and the captivating landscapes that Smith always paints with his guitar (and piano!)...midwest serenity and melancholy.

Levas

I've listened to two dark ambient albums that seemed good and for my taste.

Dispersive Light / Summons Of Shining Ruins ‎– Dispersive Light / Summons Of Shining Ruins - So it happened to be the split album. Dispersive Light was really good, the other band - not that much, mostly because of annoying overuse of a guitar, but anyways - good.

Another one that made me listen to it :

Filivs Macrocosmi & Charadriiform ‎– Ex Vivo - apart fromt the packaging, the material caught me. maybe it's too primitive for true dark ambient fans, but it hit the spot.

then there was

ТЛЕН ‎– Безвременье - which is OKish, but nothing fascinating.

Blackshout - Whoremind - 22 tracks. Some of them very very good and pleasant to listen to old schoolish industrial/power electronics, some of them not. Material is quite varied and not a bad acknowledgment of the project.

Mania + Hal Hutchinson - Wreckage - This sounds powerful! If you still haven't got it - do it now. Top notch noise.

Saigon - Ready for Romance? - Some sort of rather annoying rock. I don't know where this CD came from.

Corvuz ‎– Невидимые Пейзажи - Well after trading with Russian, Ukraine and related labels I'm obliged to widen my horizons in dark ambient. And I'm looking at the cover, but I don't remember what I've heard. Nothing too good most likely

Levas

Cremation Lily ‎– A Body Of One's Own - Nice packaging and decent sounds though not something I would listen to over and over again.

Zinc Room ‎– Shifting Soil - I still couldn't find the decent release of this dark ambient project. This CD was also definitely not it.

ТЛЕН ‎– Тлен - This project on the other hand has some very good parts. Cinematic compositions and somehow reminding me of Lithuanian Girnu Giesmes a little. Good.

L.A. County Morgue - That maggots shd / eat the dead bullock - I suppose it's some sort of field recording with a few additional samples, all that degraded in quality etc. Quite decent in fact.

Bizarre Uproar - Propaganda Bizarre - Good stuff. Glad it was rereleased because these CDr prices going above 20 euros are shit. Older Bizarre Uproar in full action.

Under Nylon ‎– Flowers Of Silence - primitive and enjoyable soundscapes. It's some sort of industrial, ambient, collection of loops or whatever. I liked it. Especially the first half of the side.

Fecalove/SSRI - Amazing split! First few minutes of Fecalove was really intense and great, then I lost it for a little while, but overall it's good. SSRI - good material.

Being - Cracking Whip of a Cosmic String - I remember this project was praised in here before. I didn't pay too much attention to it before reading that everyone thinks it's so good. Well, after listening to this tape - it's good, but I guess  if I wouldn't have prepared myself to "this should be good because SI is buzzing about how good the project is", I would've paid less attention to this tape. But thanks. Yeah, this is good.

SALA - Tree/Utena - It's pretty difficult to listen to some of the recordings of SALA. For example in this one, there is a crackling of a tree recordsd. 33 minutes of it. It's very quiet (the label is very quiet records too) and it's easy to miss the bigger part of the details. Most likely I did that.

Taint - Whoredom - I guess nothing more can be said about the album that is classics already. Good stuff.

whiteheatnoise

Quote from: eyestrain on November 25, 2013, 02:40:52 AMAmph Hudson

what format/label was this released on? Can't seem to find any info.