Private Archive - Honey Aspic Enema
Great Project, Thick bass lines and sleazy atmosphere

Eleven Pond - Bas Relief
80's synthpop re-issue from Dark Entries

Mollehoj - Demo 2013
One woman black metal project. Cellos?

Noiseape

-ENNIO MORRICONE: Le Foto Proibite Di Una Signora Per Bene (soundtrack) LP
(nice jazzy soundtrack for an avarge giallo)
-EDWARD ARTEMIEV: solaris (soundtrack) LP
(space tripping sounds and cosmic noise vibrations)
-PENIS GEYSER: new TAPE
(U.S. noisecore destruction)
-GOBLIN: roller LP
(prog rock/fushion stuff by the Italian masters of soundtrack)
-SCIENTIST: the dub album they didnt want you to hear LP
(awesome djongo bongo dub stuff, one of my all time fave from SCientist. Do not listen sober!!)
-OSANNA: MILANO CALIBRO 9: soundtrack LP
(more jazz fushion/prog rocking madness, great soundtrack!!)
-MACHETAZO / UNDIGNIFIED DEATH: split EP
(To bad Machetazo split up, these guys know how to make filthy death/grind. UD play early Napalm Death worshipping grindcore, excellent!)
-RORT: warpath LP
(totally pissed off shit!!!)
-DECHE CHARGE / NEW YORK AGAINST THE BELZEBU: split EP
(you cant go wrong in my book when you do 163 songs NYAB vs. 256 songs DC, pure love!!!)
-RAZOR: executioners song LP
(clissic first album, pure speedmetal satisfaction!!!)

deathcamp

SEKTOR 304 "Communiphone" CD (New Approach)
Surprising album, drone and ambient with subtle variations.

SEKTOR 304 "Live Reaction" CD (New Approach)
Very interesting recording with an excellent sound, it will please to all fans of Sektor. Should be great to see them for real!

SURVIVAL UNIT "one man's war/no surrender" EP (Stateart)
Fucking punitive A side, second track display the remains of anger above electronic layers... High quality PE/noise level. "This is my war!"

re:evolution

Quote from: deathcamp on August 26, 2014, 02:12:20 AM
SEKTOR 304 "Communiphone" CD (New Approach)
Surprising album, drone and ambient with subtle variations.

SEKTOR 304 "Live Reaction" CD (New Approach)
Very interesting recording with an excellent sound, it will please to all fans of Sektor. Should be great to see them for real!

SURVIVAL UNIT "one man's war/no surrender" EP (Stateart)
Fucking punitive A side, second track display the remains of anger above electronic layers... High quality PE/noise level. "This is my war!"

I will second the above.  The 'Live Reaction' CD is one of my most played CD's of late and shows the band can absolutely deliver in a live setting. Focused oil barrel percussive industrial at its best.

I was also listening to the Survival Unit 7" only last weekend.  Although it does wear its influences on its sleeve (Grey Wolves and to a lesser extent G/O), it is still a fantastic two track EP with perfectly realised artwork and manifesto.  I don't know why this is not a sold out and coveted collectors classic. Any opinions as to why?  Noting that it is available on Discogs for as low as 5 euro, I would say to grab it without question if you do not own it.

noise receptor: sound with impact - analysing the abstract
http://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/
http://www.noisereceptor.bigcartel.com

spectrum magazine archive: ambient / industrial / experimental / power electronics / neo-folk music culture magazine
http://spectrummagarchive.wordpress.com/

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: re:evolution on August 26, 2014, 06:49:33 AM
I was also listening to the Survival Unit 7" only last weekend.  Although it does wear its influences on its sleeve (Grey Wolves and to a lesser extent G/O), it is still a fantastic two track EP with perfectly realised artwork and manifesto.  I don't know why this is not a sold out and coveted collectors classic. Any opinions as to why?  Noting that it is available on Discogs for as low as 5 euro, I would say to grab it without question if you do not own it.

Especially nowadays, 7" seems quite unwanted format. It's very rare 7" that actually becomes expensive and rare. It has to combine few things such as biggest name of the game with pressing way too small compared to demand and packaging something out of ordinary. If you got smaller band, bigger pressing and regular cover.... Well, 5 euro seems just about right? For that kind of price, Survival Unit is certainly great purchase still today.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

hkso

I don't remember correctly but I think that Stateart did a rather large edition of the 7" (could it have been 500-600 copies?). Probably one of reasons why it is still in stock.

FreakAnimalFinland

SLAVA RANKO "Archtic Hysteria" LP
Adolescent Records
1981 release, on label operated by V.Vale of Search & Destroy and later Research publishing.  Label put out Throbbing Gristle, Factrix and some others, including this. Ritual music with some strong eastern feel to it, but also as he describes in album back cover "menacing, cruel, chaotic, darkly exciting, the ecstatic, irrational, music that resounds between cells and intergalactic voids..".

Déficit Des Années Antérieures "Les Ambulants" LP
Illusion Production
DDAA's own label put this out 1984. Odd experimental music. What could be said? Band already founded in 1979 and seem to be still alive! Sometimes little too arty for me, but mostly very good stuff to listen to.

Jim O'Rourke "6 Oscillators '87 / Guitar '88" LP
No Fun Productions
Not fan of all what O'Rouke has done, but this crappily packaged LP has two previously unreleased 80's works what belong to some of the nicest guitar drone works and subtle oscillation. While it seems guitar noise & guitar drone is "easy" and "everybody does it", then once in a while, I think what REALLY is good guitar stuff out there and don't see much of that... I hope covers would be better than two way too small xeroxes of 72dpi pixelated graphics thrown in plastic sleeve with white label vinyl... pfff..

Those was listened earlier, but didn't have time to write on board. Today have been listening only "The 25-year retrospective concert of the music of John Cage" 2xLP. Recorded performance from New York 1958. I used to think that pretty much anyone telling they actually listen John Cage, are pretentious. Hehe.. But these days I can see perfectly why people actually ARE listening to works of John Cage. Lots of different kinds of stuff here. Very good Doxy release.

eyestrain

Umpio - Opium Electronix I-III (Freak Animal): In an era where the 2xC10 reigns supreme, it's refreshing to see a 2xC90 makes it way out there. I always think of Cathartic Process when it comes to noise with generous length, but of course FA is generous too. This is my first time listening to Umpio unaccompanied and in full-length+ form. My first thought is that I am completely and totally sold in this man's music! I think the title is fairly accurate. If I could go back to the old hash days, I'm sure this would take me to the next plane. Tracks range from the 4 minute to 45 minute mark. Each one entering a surreal zone that leaves you completely isolated and absorbed. Slow, careening waves changing ever so subtly. Blatantly psychedelic, without any goofiness in sight. No, this is a very parched psychedelia; neither paranoid or ecstatic. Just hazy as all hell. The second feature is more sublime, but never fully there. The harshness has just subsided some.

Umpio & Concrete Mascara - Concrete Vs Umpio Vs Mascara (Terror/Obscurex): From the disc's first second, I knew this wasn't going to be like the above album. With CM along for the ride, things were bound to be far less restrained. Repeated listens assure me that this is one burly and massive album. Less psychedelic, more spit-in-the-face. As usual, the vocals take away from the solidness of the recording at times. At their best, they are a nice accompaniment, but never seeming totally necessary. Nonetheless, an enjoyable and aggressive affair.

Umpio & irr. app. (ext.) - Observation Affects The Outcome (Monochrome Vision): This is more of the sort of companionship I see Umpio, and myself, reveling in. The cauldrons that irr. app. (ext.) has been able to stir up with Vertonen, At Jennie Richie and Blue Sabbath Black Cheer, for instance, have all been rather magical. The pattern continues here. The ferocity and volume is toned down ever so slightly to allow for something as intoxicating as it is menacing. That lysergic terror shows it's face again, with a filthy grit continually caressing the surface. Umpio, so I assume, adds enough of this to irr. app. (ext.)'s material that it allows for a new entity. In a way, you can't differentiate between who contributes what, and that's always exciting with collaborations. It's neither a stoner fuzz barrage, nor a bad trip.

Nepoštovanje I Glupo - Unutarnji Rat (Total Black): When I think of "rhythmic industrial", I think of this. Equal parts SPK and Will Over Matter - if Harald Mentor were to remain grounded on Planet Earth. Nothing to come back to regularly, but still a really great tapes. If the length were maybe doubled - 15 minutes is just way too short for this sort of atmospheric music - I'd have greater things to say. As long as this project continues on and the fogged over beats don't become too important, I see this becoming something very good.

Pain Nail - Magneettinen Kohtalo (Freak Animal): I never got too head-over-heels for this project, so I slept on this album till now. What a mistake that was! But better late than never, yes. This is one if the most refined PE-territory releases that I have ever heard. Progression is essential here; from start to finish this many-horned beast never let's up its front of percussive, cacophonous dirge. A very unique assembly of recordings, that bleed right into one another in the empty water tower it seems to have been captured.

V. Sinclair - Night Church (Prime Ruin): One of the most interesting new projects born in the underground, if you ask me. Each release treads a new path without contradicting the creator's seeming essence. Whereas the double-tape on Unseen Force was indeed also a varied affair, this one is in a wholly different way. Memoirs Of A Twin was a bit of a sea change with each and every flip, but Night Church stands firmly in its melancholy state while still allowing experimentation to ripple through. There's moments that recall an archaic, bedroom Troum without any mark of the celestial. Other moments remind me of what a lot of this youthful PTSD noise blues going on wishes to be, but he actually nails it.

G*Park - Yack Park (Zabriskie Point): I think I had mentioned earlier in regards to G*Park that there's never much of a major shift in his recordings. I'm starting to realize that it's all about being prepared to enter the constancy of Herr Zeier's sphere. There's nothing really out of the ordinary here, but when I realize that in two decades there's just over a dozen releases, I have to give my admiration. Obviously there is a clear, solid vision at work here. When you're ready, it's waiting for you.

Testicle Hazard - Python In The Bowl (Freak Animal): Take a guess...it's Marhaug and Keränen. All balls!

online prowler

Pain Nail - Magneettinen Kohtalo

... This is a highly articulated album. Very focused. Get the tape if its still available.

FreakAnimalFinland

lots of blank tapes and lots of booklets here, but ran out of "sealed plastic bags" what was perfect for this format. There are few left and will most likely have some copies in stock if someone needs it (distro or person).

FreakAnimalFinland

BROKEN LIGHTS "s/t" tape
BROKEN LIGHTS "Downfall" tape

Both very good, short, but good. Tape loop noisy, lo-fi music what has a notch more towards industrial feel than some other Swedes. Good sounds, good compositions. Tape on Posh Isolation ruled. So in other words, all releases appear to be gold.

V/A SUMMER SCUM HARSH NOISE tape
New Forces
Ahlzegailzehgun, Brad Griggs, Breaking The Will, Developer. Cut-up harsh noise is the name of the game, and they're all good. Perhaps one thing what contemporary cut-up noise starts to lack, is disctinctive own sounds. With modern tools, cutting & pasting short clips of sound and even managing some sort of coherency in doing that seems pretty easy, but to make good flow perhaps less so, and to not have distortion sounds what are pretty much exactly the same as others, perhaps biggest challenge? Thinking this, and the upcoming cut-up noise comp CD trailer, one wonders where is something like.. Macronympha or such with cut up done with raw rotten sounds. Not the hi-fi digital overload? Or who'd be as distinctive as K2 for example, who's work with metal junk you just recognize instantly. It's a good tape here, but also raises some questions about close sounds get when everybody appears to operate on for example exact same frequencies and timbre.

BRANDKOMMANDO "Two sides of violence" tape
Phage
Tape is half good, half not-so-good. Some tracks stand out as pretty decent "euro heavy electronics" kind of stuff, but others suffer from bad sounds, lazy vocals and dull compositions. Also using same sample as other bands on recent releases is quite turn off. Of course nobody can check out every release out there, what things has been used, but I know artist must have heard couple of years ago Brethren CD that includes same speach as this tape...

THE GOOD ANNA "Wolf Tickets" LP
Harbinger
Ltd 100 copies LP. Appears to be cheap at discogs. This probably belongs now to my favorite free percussion recordings. Not that it would be somehow revolutionary. Just that same old jazzy goofy free music chaos, but recorded at Leeds Holy Trinity Church gives it really good sound. Deep reverb sound. Also good usage of broken electronic sounds. I checked out who these guys are and appears only 1 CDR done besides this. Stuff found at youtube was nowhere near as good as this. Checking videos of percussionist Patrick Farmer delivered some more recent stuff, which wasn't bad at all.

LETTERA 22 "true form" LP
Wendy
Have had hard time to make up my mind about this LP. While it could be the best Lettera 22, it's most of all thanks to A-side. It seems like B-side is all the way downhill. Impact what album gives after great a-side, and then just less and less interesting (for whatever reason). Tried also listen B-side first and then A-side, and there is something kind of slow and lazy there. I like quality of noise sounds, but band at their best (Live?) is so good, then lesser just makes it much less interesting even if it would be above generic. Tasty harsh noise sounds and often far from utmost hi-fi.

INZEKT LP
Schimpfluch
1991 elektro-acoustic from whoeveritis that sounds like R&G and/or Sudden Infant would try to make electro-acoustic music, but instead of being professors of French university, they are surreounded by walkmen and broken electronics and perhaps some sorts of mental problems. Excellent LP.

DOGPOP "dogpop" LP
DOGPOP "Bleierne Zeiten" LP

Zaetraom
First releases 2003 and new one 2013. Between was one CD and CDR. I find it quite odd how I NEVER see mentioned this Anenzephalia related project. It is odd electronic music, certainly, but lets say if this was from Scandinavia, it would be all over hipster media most likely. Now filed under kraut, minimal elektroniks, angst-pop, NDW, and each song being quite different from another (especially first album being collected over many years of recordings), it seems very hard to really relate. I also must say that had barely recollections of how the 10+ years old debut sounded like, but returned to it now when got the new LP. Awful graphics on new LP. 

Ernpe

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 28, 2014, 04:15:00 PM
V/A SUMMER SCUM HARSH NOISE tape
New Forces
Ahlzegailzehgun, Brad Griggs, Breaking The Will, Developer. Cut-up harsh noise is the name of the game, and they're all good. Perhaps one thing what contemporary cut-up noise starts to lack, is disctinctive own sounds. With modern tools, cutting & pasting short clips of sound and even managing some sort of coherency in doing that seems pretty easy, but to make good flow perhaps less so, and to not have distortion sounds what are pretty much exactly the same as others, perhaps biggest challenge? Thinking this, and the upcoming cut-up noise comp CD trailer, one wonders where is something like.. Macronympha or such with cut up done with raw rotten sounds. Not the hi-fi digital overload? Or who'd be as distinctive as K2 for example, who's work with metal junk you just recognize instantly. It's a good tape here, but also raises some questions about close sounds get when everybody appears to operate on for example exact same frequencies and timbre.

I felt a bit disappointed that this was just C10 tape. Nevertheless, a-side is really good. On side B (BtW and Developer) there seems to be too much...change? There is industrial-kind of vibe for a moment...some synth, some rhythmic noise and of course cut-up noise. As composition, there's way too much things in way too little time.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

FreakAnimalFinland

yep, there are changes in side, but mostly this quite common thing that first some quite object scratching, but as soon as noise hits in, the timbre of sound is just about the same. I think it has a lot to do with line-in recordings and computer mastering etc. Where many elements what used to give variation to "color of sound" resulted plenty of variation from project to another.

And yeah, I think C-10 is something what could be mentioned when advertising tape. I think C-20 is already ok, if not even ideal for some stuff. But C-10 where little blank is on each end of side is pretty dull for good noise you'd like to "sink in".

New Forces

Yes - I normally advertise the length of the tapes, not sure why I forgot this time, it wasn't intentional. I usually prefer c20, but personally I think c-10 is often okay for really cut-up noise, since the artists are covering so much ground in such a short amount of time. For example, some of the earlier Pedestrian Deposit c10's I think really work in that format.

To some extent I would agree with Ernpe, at least as far as Breaking The Will since that's my own project. The track is 2.5 minutes and moves through several different phases very quickly, and it might have been nice to draw them out further. That track emerges from the same sessions as my upcoming full-length CD on Terror, so those elements get fleshed out in greater length there, so maybe you'll enjoy it more in that context.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

ConcreteMascara

Grunt - Petturien rooli CD, World Draped in a Camouflage CD -as far as I'm concerned Petturien Rooli is the best Grunt album to date. World Draped in a Camoflage is excellent, tracks like "Dance for the Genocide", "Fucked by Steel" and "March of the Titans" are top notch, but there's just something about Petturien Rooli that is so complete... but without question, both albums sound like Grunt and no one else.

Halo Manash - Language of Red Goats CD, Caickuwi Cauwas Walkeus CD, Taiwaskivi CD  and a bunch of other Aural Hypnox stuff. Picked up 11 or 12 CDs from AH last week and slowly going through them. So far these 3 have really grabbed me. Great for active listening and meditation.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512