PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGRA

Autopsy, Nunslaughter, & Gouge...soooo good!

Baglady

CURRENT WORMING - Memory In Fuck C30 (Dogmatics In Outline)
The two previous tapes were good and promising industrial tape noise clatter, a bit like Viktor Ottossons solo stuff. That likeness is still present on this third tape, but there's more meat on the bones now, so to speak. The a-side is a brilliant piece, based on a heavy rolling junk loop with things coming and going in and around it. Nothing new, but sweet sweet stuff. The b-side starts with a slow uneasy dragging-around-cadavers-in-the-basement kind of piece. A pulsating low synth tone in the bottom and some great field recordings and heavy rumblings before everything takes a disgusting turn halway through. Sounds like someone trying to flush down more faeces than the toilet allows. Overall this tape is way heavier soundwise than the previous efforts, and the pace and composition more patient. Excellent tape! Will be interesting to see where this project is heading.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: re:evolution on July 28, 2015, 10:18:29 AM
Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on July 28, 2015, 06:17:40 AM
How fucking good is Ke/Hil's "Zone 0"?!! I though "Hellstation" was okay at the time, but this release is just brilliant.
Absolutely agreed on both counts.  More words explaining why: https://noisereceptor.wordpress.com/2015/04/30/kehil-zone-o/
The first track is kind of weak, and that is worth mentioning because it is 14+ minutes.  It definitely picks up after that, though.

http://tescogermany.bandcamp.com/album/zone-0
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Levas

Full Blooded ‎– God Shed His Grace On Thee Damn that's a nice tape. A side especially caught me. Good PE, slightly on the lower side of frequencies with perfectly executed vocals. B side was not that impressive though.

Libertine Wolk - Presentent: Please & Secretly - Somewhat bleak and not interesting industrial with rhythms etc.

Les Hommes-Chiens / Spermicidal - Two different sides, nice packaging etc. LHC - ambient stuff, Spermicidal more towards doom etc. OK.

Koufar - Glory/Snobbery - great small tape! There are slightly annoying parts, but overall good. Good execution of vocals.

Levas

VA - Resistance and Self-Destruction Are Synonymous - A fantastic compilation! I think I couldn't point to any of the acts that the stuff was weaker or more boring than others etc. All names well known and well delivered. Highly recommended

Disgust - I am simply not there - this one is also one very good tape. crude power electronics. Well, Disgust stuff was usually something to look for. As for this album - perhaps one of the strongest of theirs? I like it.

Anti Feminist Death Squad - Supra Mulieribus - quite simple and raw power electronics. No innovations, no fucking around, but all in all good mood and atmosphere.

tiny_tove

Quote from: RyanWreck on August 07, 2015, 01:52:59 AM
Gouge - "Doomed to Death"

Never been a huge DM fan but the good stuff that comes from the genre tends to be some of my favorite Metal albums, this EP fits into that category. This is simplistic Death Metal of with nods to the less Thrahy material on "Scream Bloody Gore" and demo era Autopsy with a lot of proto-grind influence slathered all over it by the likes of Repulsion, the extremely under appreciated Attrocity - "Infected" LP, and another underrated masterpiece in Exulceration - "And the Sickness Began". Also check out that monocromatic, angry teenager scribbling in his notebook cover art! These dudes just put out an LP on HHR, finally, so I'm itching to check it out.

really like the sound... good moment to revive dm... it has been a big passion of mine, saw it growing from the beginning and got distracted... this sounds pretty dirty. love it
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Major Carew

Pogrom : "Father:Land"  Easily his best work yet....

online prowler

Quote from: Major Carew on August 16, 2015, 09:40:38 PM

Pogrom : "Father:Land"  Easily his best work yet....

Really enjoed this one myself as well. Heavy rotation these days. Quite different from previous oppressive album 'Degancios Suros'. A more persoal approach in terms of thematics than earlier political founded contexts. Welcome perspective as well. The Machismo tape launched in the same batch is killer as well. Maybe most cohesive and violent to date from that project.

Ashmonger

Valtakunta (CD, Bestial Burst): So, this is weird and original Black Metal. However, my thoughts always go from is this actually amateurish or is this exactly the way they want to sound? Chaotic and some hypnotic parts indeed, but I don't like the vocals, they don't go well with the music, they seem to exist on a separate level. I like what they're trying to do, but it doesn't work for me... Best part of the album are the two drone/noise/... tracks...

Sewer Goddess - Hymns of Infliction (CD, Filth&Violence/TeRRoR): Old recordings from when it still was a one woman project. Not much need to describe this, I guess, recommended for fanboys like me.

Ride For Revenge/RxAxPxE - RxFxRxRxAxPxE (CD, Bestial Burst): Ride For Revenge with 2 extremely distorted and monotonous tracks, no vocals (or at least not very audible). Actually reminds me more about Death Industrial/Power Electronics, since the guitar is more noise than anything else. Maybe not RFRs best stuff, but interesting nonetheless and the last minutes of each track are actually the best... Wasn't familiar with RxAxPxE. The first track is more of a Noise track, but not very interesting, the other tracks are kind of ritual electronics, not great, but nice.

Frame Rust (CD, Bestial Burst): Collaboration project between Will Over Matter & Umpio and it's really good! Bit of a surprise for myself, because I've heard stuff of both projects and never was completely into either of them, but this, yeah, this is really good. Noisy, rythmic industrial stuff, with good repetitive parts. Hope they'll release more of this.

Deche-charge/New York Against The Belzebu (7", Ratgirl?): NYATB has quite a weak sound, so I don't like it. Deche-charge is pretty good. First release I got from both of them. A friend of mine said that he played some DC a couple of years ago for me and I absolutely didn't like it. Well, shows how your taste can progress. Or rather get worse.

Permanent Death/Pissdeads (7", Bringer of Gore): PD is pretty cool noisecore, rather good chaotic sound. I've seen maybe 1min of PD in 2007 live, long before I started to appreciate noisecore, which is why I missed most of their gig (well, about 10-15mins that is). Seems pretty stupid now. Pissdeads is good as usual (judging from Pissdeads/Deathwank 7" & single sided 7"). Most often Pissdeads has a really harsh sound in a good way.

Sedem Supraphon Minut Familia Strachu (10", K.A.Z., No Fucking Labels, Skaven Records, SSGC): Hardly any info on it, but I got to know SMS due to their split with De Blenders (if you like check their split with Agathocles, really great noisecore sound). This 10" is parts noisecore mixed with Harsh Noise/Power Electronics. While the electronics parts might not be the best by themselves, they're still quite cool and the whole mixture of this ups the chaos, so yeah, cool 10".

Vapaudenristi - demo tapes & Pyhä Kuolema split 12" (Breath of Pestilence & Sakaramiina Records): The demo's clearly show the progression of Vapaudenristi. Although these demo's show that this band/project was good from the beginning it also shows that there's a certain 'refinement' now. Pyhä Kuolema is some nice folk/neo-folk stuff, cool combination with Vapaudenrist. For one reason or another I really feel like this kind of splits works better with tape or vinyl, where there's an actual separation between the two styles.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Ashmonger on August 18, 2015, 09:04:03 AM
Frame Rust (CD, Bestial Burst): Collaboration project between Will Over Matter & Umpio and it's really good! Bit of a surprise for myself, because I've heard stuff of both projects and never was completely into either of them, but this, yeah, this is really good. Noisy, rythmic industrial stuff, with good repetitive parts. Hope they'll release more of this.

I'm very much familiar with both of projects, but was still surprised how good this CD is. Hoped to find time to write proper text about the release, but well, I'd just say: Think of rugged and primitive sounds of WOM combined with audio-alchemic process of Umpio sonic know-how and result comes from there.
It's not only lazy combination of each others sounds, but ability to make fusion what sounds unlike their own releases.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Xenophobic Ejaculation - Purity Through Fire CD - listened to this once or twice when it came out, but it was quite a treat to come back to. haven't listened to very much shrieking feedback p.e. in a while so this really hit home. I still think SS-Division Wiking is the best XE release but this damn good. I like that XE has slowly become more and more controlled and less sprawling.

Clandestine Blaze - Harmony of Struggle LP & New Golgotha Rising LP - finally getting back on track with Clandestine Blaze. really enjoying Harmony of Struggle. it reminds me a lot of Deliverers of Faith, which is the best C.B. in my opinion. New Golgotha Rising is instantly enjoyable. special mention to the b-side of the album, some of the strongest C.B. material yet.

Leviathan - Scar Sighted CD - very interesting mixture of all periods of Leviathan with new death metal sound added. it sounds like a much more proficient take on Tentacles of Whorror. Sadly I still don't think it's quite as good as Massive Conspiracy... or the Lurker of Chalice album. Leviathan has a wholly unique sound though, which must be appreciated in this over-saturated world of music.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

tiny_tove

ZSS tape on Filth and violence. Thanks to Martin/Shift for helping me getting this.
I already said I found previous tape and 7" very intense and this proceeds and exceeds what I have already listened to.
Devastating rich sound, unpc concept and anything else made it an intense classic.
Tape got immediately sold out so get it when you see it around because it is well worth it!
We want more!

Andrew McIntosh

After reading the review on Noise Receptor, I made one of my rare-as-possible purchases of a vinyl album to get Sentenced For Life's "Cold In The Blue". Originally a cassette release, and on a limited re-run (my copy was twenty three of a hundred, so there's plenty left), it's very much grimy, dark, single-image cassette Noise, heavy on rusty drones and distorted lines, reminding me a lot in both sound and feel of Proiekt Hat (especially side two). A few samples from good old "Ghosts Of The Civil Dead" at the start of each side and some well chosen images of local bikie and drug-fuck culture set the tone - scumnoise, bottom of the barrel living, filth and violence, all the rest of it. I was expecting something a bit more full on but sound wise this is quite laid back in most of its parts, rather well constructed and put together than just blurted out, which for mine would not have been such a bad thing if it was. I think I was anticipating more fury than filth, but what I got is good enough.
Shikata ga nai.

burdizzo

Quote from: tiny_tove on August 18, 2015, 11:45:40 PM
ZSS tape on Filth and violence. Thanks to Martin/Shift for helping me getting this.
I already said I found previous tape and 7" very intense and this proceeds and exceeds what I have already listened to.
Devastating rich sound, unpc concept and anything else made it an intense classic.
Tape got immediately sold out so get it when you see it around because it is well worth it!
We want more!

Yes, I agree - ZSS gets better with every release! Less of the 'junk abuse' of the first tape, and more of the oppressive old p.e. approach. Highly recommended!

tiny_tove