Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 17, 2012, 09:49:46 PMWhat it abrasive? There's a mountain bike company called Surly. Looking at the Surly site, the Darkness beer looks good just for the art on the bottle.

Abrasive Ale is an imperial IPA, so if you like hops and bitterness then you'll probably love it. It's a damn good brew. Pretty much every beer I've had from Surly is high quality.

Good luck finding any Darkness. That has turned into one of those "holy grail" beers that people all over the world lust after (kind of like Russian River's Pliny the Elder). They even have a "Darkness Day" at the Surly HQ where people camp out just for a chance to buy it.

youngnosh

Four ice cold cans a day at least. Nice stuff.

martialgodmask

Quote from: youngnosh on December 24, 2012, 03:33:21 AM

You're kidding, right?!

martialgodmask

Jameson's however is not a single malt, at least not at that price point (I believe the distillery does do special reserves etc.) and there are far better blended whiskeys for less, if you buy by price.

Levas

Quotesomething you can recommend that is not American?

As for me, I'm fan of Irish whiskeys. The cheaper ones that are the tastiest to me are Tullamore Dew and Bushmill's. Though of course there are nice Scottish too. I can't get used to taste of bourbons etc. anyhow. Though all those whiskeys under 10 euros are always interesting to try.
Yesterday I had a few glasses of Kagor from Moldova that my father kept for 10 years or so. Cheap sweet red wine that is quite strong (16%)

Levas

I don't quite like white wines, but this one is quite tasty. Well...Most of the wine is quite tasty for me..

ConcreteMascara

this is how you deal with family gatherings
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Levas

Worse than the first one, but drinkable.

RG

Quote from: Levas on December 25, 2012, 10:38:29 PMI don't quite like white wines

Neither do I. I rarely drink or buy wine, but when I do it's a dry red (Cab Sav?) It's weird though...when I was in Italy about 5-6 years ago it was the complete opposite. I hated all the red wines that were served to me, but the white wines were excellent.

Levas

I used to drink straight from the bottle (I don't know if plastic container of 2 liters is still considered a bottle), but now I better like it poured into some sort of glass. mainly it's so that the bubbles in beer wouldn't disappear while you are shaking and drinking these 2 liters. It's tastier to keep the big container closed. It's nice to read about these improvements that the glass gives for your beer though I'm skeptic, but if you say that it tastes better and that's not placebo, then ok.

Levas

in fact you made me curious. It looks very fancy.

youngnosh

Quote from: martialgodmask on December 24, 2012, 05:05:13 PM
Quote from: youngnosh on December 24, 2012, 03:33:21 AM

You're kidding, right?!

...no?! I like the taste, it's easy to find and it's cheap. Lucky me being easy to please.

Levas

When I visited London few years ago, my favourite drink was these strongbow and other cheap ciders. They are so tasty (perhaps that's why tomorrow I'm going for endoscopy). Martin was rather surprised when I said him that. That supposed to be the drink of various low-lives I suppose. Anyways, today I bought some weird unknown for me whiskey, but it's rather nice and smooth:

youngnosh

I went to Edinburgh back in July and went on a very touristy "Scotch Whiskey Tour" where they tell you of the process involved in making them, the regions they are made in and the effect this has on flavour etc they even showed you how to taste the whiskey properly using a special glass (which they allowed you to keep)...but in the end, when it came to the tasting I just couldn't hold it in my mouth!
I think spirits will unfortunately never become something I can appreciate, just something I can knock back to get kained.
...now Carling on the other hand...

Jordan

Quote from: youngnosh on December 27, 2012, 01:59:58 PM
I went to Edinburgh back in July and went on a very touristy "Scotch Whiskey Tour" where they tell you of the process involved in making them, the regions they are made in and the effect this has on flavour etc they even showed you how to taste the whiskey properly using a special glass (which they allowed you to keep)...but in the end, when it came to the tasting I just couldn't hold it in my mouth!
I think spirits will unfortunately never become something I can appreciate, just something I can knock back to get kained.
...now Carling on the other hand...

Why even bother posting on a thread which is obviously for alcohol aficionados and the like? Start a "Getting Fucking Wasted" thread or something.

Currently drinking a Creemore UrBock, but only because I'm in my hometown in northern Canada and there's fuck all in terms of selection at the liquor store here. Going to have some Trappist ales with my parents when they get home.