General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: david lloyd jones on October 07, 2016, 08:54:28 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/haunting-pictures-of-disney-world-ghost-town-as-hurricane-matthew-shuts-theme-park-for-the-fourth-time-ever/ar-BBx7FCq?ocid=spartanntp

Disney loses money whilst 3rd world shitholes lose lives. sounds about equal.

"The death toll in Haiti from Hurricane Matthew is 339. That's what environmental racism looks like. #BlackLivesMatter"

calaverasgrande

whenever there is a natural disaster, the news reminds us that lives are more valuable than property. Then they proceed to devote 99% of their coverage to the spectacle of property destruction.

bitewerksMTB

Beware of making kissing noises:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8243

As soon as you're handed one, say "Thanks, babe" and get another...

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 12, 2016, 11:00:17 PM
Beware of making kissing noises:

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8243

As soon as you're handed one, say "Thanks, babe" and get another...

or, indeed ask them to put their phone number on the back.
and in addition seek top trumps for various 'infringements'

bitewerksMTB

Being able to strike someone with a bolt of lightning would solve a lot of problems!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SiRNibD14

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

david lloyd jones

http://scarfolk.blogspot.co.uk/

d on't know what hour butthurt is but enjoy, esp if UK resident of certain age

david lloyd jones

glad I am not USA citizen.
this suit would stress me out, then oblige me to act irresponsibly.
honestly, yank universities ducking suck, and horribly, seem to be UK bound with this shit.

Major Carew

Seems so ironic given that years ago universities in the US considered themselves strongholds of free speech,students fought for it with protests, and now they've gone in the complete opposite direction, with students utilising 'safe spaces' etc to protect themselves from all matter of 'triggers' and bogey men. Now they fight for freedom from free speech.

There is an organisation (I forget the name) in the US working with Universities who's sole aim is to get public speakers that students find offensive disinvited if a certain number of people kick up a fuss.They also turn up at events and have people tick boxes on a card which lets them know if the lecture they just attended caused students 'Minimal', 'Moderate' or 'Maximum' offence. There is also another organisation (again, the name escapes me) that monitors this behaviour of afore mentioned organisation to figure out how many people are being 'offended', and to tally up what all this shit really means with regard to the current situation with free speech in universities.

To top it all off, at one US university, a speaker who came in to talk about the fact that if some students could have 'Safe Spaces', then other students should be able to have 'free speech spaces' was 'disinvited' after it was deemed he would have caused too much offence on campus.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Major Carew on October 20, 2016, 11:46:13 PM

Seems so ironic given that years ago universities in the US considered themselves strongholds of free speech,students fought for it with protests, and now they've gone in the complete opposite direction, with students utilising 'safe spaces' etc to protect themselves from all matter of 'triggers' and bogey men. Now they fight for freedom from free speech.

There is an organisation (I forget the name) in the US working with Universities who's sole aim is to get public speakers that students find offensive disinvited if a certain number of people kick up a fuss.They also turn up at events and have people tick boxes on a card which lets them know if the lecture they just attended caused students 'Minimal', 'Moderate' or 'Maximum' offence. There is also another organisation (again, the name escapes me) that monitors this behaviour of afore mentioned organisation to figure out how many people are being 'offended', and to tally up what all this shit really means with regard to the current situation with free speech in universities.

To top it all off, at one US university, a speaker who came in to talk about the fact that if some students could have 'Safe Spaces', then other students should be able to have 'free speech spaces' was 'disinvited' after it was deemed he would have caused too much offence on campus.

these themes appear to be gaining control on universities all over the UK (based on oxford where I live)
as expressed before, university was a place to experience realities far from usual, abnormal, but safe
makes me nostalgic for 1983 etc

calaverasgrande

Quote from: Major Carew on October 20, 2016, 11:46:13 PM

I'm offended at your continental spelling of offense.