Pre-Order: v/a {A Noise Tribute To Twin Peaks} Box Set

Started by boredomrecs, April 28, 2013, 10:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boredomrecs

I generally don't do pre-orders, but since some have asked and due to the limited nature of this release, here goes...

FEB-049: v/a {Secrets Are Dangerous Things: A Noise Tribute To Twin Peaks} 4 x c20 + 3" CD-r

A noise tribute to David Lynch's Twin Peaks. Featuring:

Newton (Philly)
Vomir (France)
Inappropriate King Live (Justin Marc Lloyd) (Chicago)
Dead Body Collection (Serbia)
Vasectomy Party (Florida)
Small Hours (U.K.)
Lovebrrd (Florida)
Goghal (Belgium)
Subversive Intentions (Maine)
Sleep of Ages (Brazil)
Italics (Philly)

4 x c20 (green shells), hand-stamped 3" CD-r, clear plastic box with full color art. Comes with pie-shaped trading cards and a baggie of Douglas fir pine needles. Wrapped in plastic, bound with twine.

Extremely limited to 25 pieces. Only 11 available for mailorder. 1 per customer. Estimated shipping, mid-May.

http://foreverescapingboredom.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-secrets-are-dangerous-things-a-noise-tribute-to-twin-peaks

yosef666

Ordered... just because it's Twin Peaks.

If anyone has a copy of Angelo Badalamenti's "Fire Walk With Me" soundtrack LP for sale or trade, PM me.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

boredomrecs

Quote from: yosef666 on April 29, 2013, 12:40:17 AM
Ordered... just because it's Twin Peaks.

If anyone has a copy of Angelo Badalamenti's "Fire Walk With Me" soundtrack LP for sale or trade, PM me.

Thanks! It will ship mid-May, though likely a little sooner.

acsenger

QuoteDoes anyone even make a Hi-Fi cassette player any more?

Not to my knowledge, but you can get second hand tape decks (which you have to hook up to a hifi) on Ebay for fairly good prices. That's where I got mine, a NAD 6325, a few months ago, for AUD 60 or something. It had been recently serviced too and works perfectly.

As to whether it's a good idea to put out tapes in 2013, I don't know, but the format certainly has its charm. I'm just happy I could get a good deck for cheap so I can venture into the cassette world.

boredomrecs

Quote from: KMusselman on April 29, 2013, 04:30:35 PM
first of all, no disrespect to the time and effort put into this.  i did check it out and it looks good.  and, i don't want to get into a big format debate.  cassette had its time and place.  i just don't understand the need to continue such an inferior media.

I thought about doing CD-r version. I very well might. At the very least it will be available for digital download after the box set sells out. Which I'm down to 6 copies now.