Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on October 26, 2012, 10:04:26 PM
Quote from: moozz on October 21, 2012, 11:22:48 PM

Duvel Tripel Hop
I like this much more than the regular Duvel. It's a bit stronger (9.5%) and has plenty of delicious hops. Too bad it is a limited edition. I really hope they decide to include it in ther regular selection.

The one with american hops? I drink it 1 months ago, very good beer. So bitter respect the other belgian beers and beyond the high alcohol rate, its' pretty drinkable.

Really must try this. Combines perhaps my two favourite things in beer.

Currently drinking Southern Tier's Imperial Pumpking. I don't generally like flavoured beers, but every year around halloween I indulge in pumpkin ales for some reason, mostly because I'm a sucker for halloween marketing. I've tried maybe 7-8 different pumpkin ales and this is by far the best. Still need to try St. Ambroise Pumpkin Ale.

Bleak Existence

wish they still sell Samuel Adams aroud here some of the best beer i ever tasted

next saturday going to try to buy a 6 pack of Les Trois-Mousquetaires - rousse

Levas

Currently drinking Sir Edwards. Some cheap, rather shitty whiskey. But it's ok after the weekend. Saturday has disappeared. It's a pity. I love that day sometimes.

ConcreteMascara

my friend bought me a bottle of Maker's Mark 46 for my birthday last month. First time I had tried it and I really enjoyed it. It's smooth like regular Maker's Mark, but the burn is so minor that I could drink it like water. I love bourbon.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Coma Detox

I think I still like the normal version better but it was still really good.  I don't normally buy inbev products but I'll make the exception.  I need to find some KING HENRY.

Bleak Existence

Les Trois Mousquetaires Rousse

Bleak Existence

Levas

Wow. Such a shamefully good image that I can almost taste it.. The evening I can't drink..

Levas

Finally managed to present myself with some alco. This:

With this drink, years ago I had a rather bad experience. I was at the conference in Tallinn and so it's the final evening, dinner and so on and Estonians present their "national drink" - Vanna Tallinn with champagne. Vanna Tallinn is a liqouer. Rum-based. So I have quite a lot of these, then some beer and finally two bottles of wine. I don't remember how I've returned to my room, but I wake up in the morning and I see the nice print of my vomit all over the white walls of the hotel. it's like the hair of these girls that do this:

So I take the curtains off and try to wash it, but i'm feeling so bad that i decide to leave it as it is and go to the conference. and there are all Lithuanians smiling at me, I'm late for 3 hours, the guy who had to be in the same room with me came at night, looked at my vomit and went to sleep in the car and we are still barely talking with him, etc. So nice memories of this weird drink, mixed with champagne.

RG

Was in Minneapolis last weekend and stopped at a nice liquor store with great beer selection. Dropped like $100 but it's so worth it:

Surly Abrasive Ale   <--- !!!!
Surly CynicAle
Stone Ruination IPA
Unibrou Le Fin Du Monde
Unibrou Maudite
Delirium Tremens
a few different Belgian sours (Duchess, Rodenbach Grand Cru)

Been homebrewing quite a bit lately. Here's what I got either fermenting or in bottles right now:

Belgian Golden Strong Ale
Vienna Lager
Chocolate Rye Stout
Rye IPA
Dry-hopped IPA

So ya, I spend way too much $$$ on beer. I don't really drink to get drunk though, a little buzz is usually the extent of it.

ARKHE

Tried an Icelandic liquor some week ago, made from lichen (since they don't have any proper grain or anything else edible growing up there). Tasted like something that would be very effective to clean your toilet or remove rust stains from your car with. Can't remember what it was called, but the bottle looked pretty good.

Otherwise, looking forward to trying out this new brewery, based only a few kilometres from here: http://www.brekeriet.se/brekeriet/ - their smoke beer looks very attractive, but it was sold out last time I checked.

RG

Quote from: ARKHE on December 15, 2012, 03:47:30 PM
Tried an Icelandic liquor some week ago...

Was it this stuff?

SKY BURIAL

Nothing but Ancnoc lately: 12, 16 & Peter Arkle Limited Edition.

martialgodmask

My wife has got me a bottle of the following for Xmas:

And I believe a bottle of Glenfiddich is under the tree, courtesy of my Scotch-drinking grandfather without whom I probably wouldn't have the same interest in whisky.