Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

Mikkeller makes some good beer, I've had a couple of of their single-hop IPAs on tap.

Some stuff I've had lately:
Tallgrass Velvet Rooster
Crow Peak 11th Hour IPA
Fargo Brewing Co. Wood Chipper IPA
North Coast PranQster
homebrew saison and IPAs

Jordan

Coming down off of a pretty good run without alcohol, I picked up a six pack of Phillips Brewing Co.'s Hop Circle IPA. Decent Cascadian Style West Coast IPA. Also hitting the regulars - Chimay Premiere and Laphroaig. Also a half pint of Chivas, only because I like carrying around a little glass bottle like that. Beats the half pint of Grant's I had earlier.

HONOR_IS_KING!

Budweiser. God bless America.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

JHC

Crispin Bird on a Wire whiskey cask-aged cider

So good.
"Poetry don't work on whores."

burdizzo

I must say, I'm not a bourbon fan - generally find it way too sweet. I do enjoy Irish whiskey, Jameson being a favourite. Another is one called Redbreast made in Co. Cork, is even better. Then there's poitin, an illegal 'whiskey' made from potatoes - or, more commonly around here, barley. It's pretty strong stuff, but w/ brown sugar and the same again of hot water, it's as smooth and mellow as you get. Delecious!

youngnosh

Quote from: KMusselman on June 02, 2013, 07:08:32 AM
Where are all of the alcoholics?!  The last post was in April!?

I'd post more but people tend get upset at the idea of somebody they don't know drinking and enjoying cheap lager.

I had some of this recently:

To put it mildly - I was shitting through the eye of a needle.

cr

Today enjoying some bottles of a great regional beer (called Baumgartner Märzen - I'm too stupid to post a pic). Only problem is that since I had my gall bladder (or whatever that shitty thing is called) cut out of my body this January, I think I couldn't stomach alcohol as good as I did before. Means I feel sick much faster and much longer after consuming a larger amount. Anyone else has similar experiences?

redswordwhiteplough

Got myself a bottle of absinthe the other day. Haven't tasted it yet, but the package and bottle looks nice.

HongKongGoolagong

55% Green Chartreuse last night, a 70cl bottle split between three of us on a warm evening with plenty of ice.

Apparently only benedictine and absinthe also contain the psychoactive chemicals which chartreuse does, but the effect I've had from those is mild compared with this.

With its insane rainbow of tastes, the liqueur seems to invade your whole consciousness and provides a cocaine-style sense of well-being and the painkilling effects of opiates together with distinctly psychedelic touches. It's not cheap to say the least but in the case of chartreuse you get what you pay for. No-one knows exactly what the secret ingredients are and it's believed to be the only naturally green spirit without any colouring added.

Andrew McIntosh

Any professional brandy drinkers out there? I've been substituting my traditional bottle of wine a night for a few cups of brandy and have been acquiring a taste for it, but I'd like to learn more from those who know more.

The chosen tipples so far have been Chatelle Napoleon and Hardy's Black Bottle, a local blend in a handsome package, to wit -
Shikata ga nai.

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 26, 2013, 12:02:40 AM
None of the info I just read about Green Chartreuse  had anything about the effects you're describing so maybe someone dosed your glass when you went to the head...

A couple of the writers at http://everything2.com/title/Green+Chartreuse describe it better than I did - the dissociation, the transcendental thing and the dreams.

Your insides are wracked with more pain the day afterwards than I remember from anything except the time I stupidly took a nutmeg OD as a teenager.

Levas

Thujones comes from wormwood. I quite like absynthe, but scientific researches show that it has nothing to do with hallucinations - the concentration of thujones is just too small, even in those pre-ban absynthe brands. I remember having a trip from that (I think I wrote about it somewhere here too), but that was because of absynth mixed with weed

bitewerksMTB

You guys should just mix up Mountain Dew with some cough syrup & Jolly Ranchers. Make yo' azz lean, nigga.

People get paid to drink Brandy professionally?

Levas

Unfortunately DXM is forbidden in here for quite some years already so there's no use of cough medicine. When it was still available in Poland I remember people bringing cough medicine as presents and not some pictures, souvenirs and so on.