Controlled Bleeding's noisier material

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, August 18, 2012, 01:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusfaggotchrist

i bumped this thread because im looking for cheap copies of curd and between tides. can anyone help me here?

Zeno Marx

There has to be some Controlled Bleeding fanatics akin to the Nurse with Wound crazies.  Despite being void of the format consumer manipulations, which could possibly be central to the NwW diehards, I would still think Controlled Bleeding would have their zealots; maybe more like Coil, but obviously smaller in population.  Also like Muslimgauze.  I'm not musically drawn to the extreme variety, but it does cause me to find them an interesting situation.  I was listening to Core today and wondering where all the card-carrying CB members hide.

"Core was the real highlight of this early period and includes our first 8-track recordings. Joe and I had great fun recording this music. Gone was the angst that had spawned Knees and Bones and Body Samples. Finally, we were able to better imitate the bands we loved. The influence of Mahavishnu, King Crimson, and Swans comes through loud and clear. Core was the climax of this period and the realization of my ambition to work with Subterranean Records, the label that had issued records by Flipper and Dead Kennedys."

Are there any blogs or whatnots where one of these aficionados have collected all the noise tracks, all the synth tracks, all the dark ambient tracks, etc?  You know...like Blogged and Quartered makes their own listening projects and playlists and then shares them.  To me, CB is ideal for outsiders curating collections.  Or maybe someone here with a substantial CB collection has done this?  Anyone?  Care to publicly share your CB mix tapes?  I'd be interested in benefiting from your knowledge.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Eigen Bast

Some random thoughts:

I was happy to pick up the CD set from Artofact (though the presentation leaves a bit to be desired) and will likely put some mixes together now that I have so many random CDs, tapes and LPs of theirs. The triad of records surrounding Music for Gilded Chambers is such top tier dark ambient/industrial. Judging by the liner notes it sounds like there's going to be another compilation that may collect the Wax Trax and-on material.

I was just listening to Dub Songs from a Shallow Grave and it is such a wild record (can't think of anything else that is such a literal interpretation of "Industrial Dub").

cr

When I think about something like "Industrial Dub" - Adrian Sherwoods' The Missing Brazilians also come into my mind. "Gentle Killers"

Zeno Marx

Besides these handful of recommended noisier albums, are there any others that stand out in their style(s)?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.