PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fistfuck Masonanie

Scatmother – Voodoo Okzident c40 (Desolation Galaxies Records)

Hagen Verkhaner continues his very unique and highly technical brand of PE on Scatmother's Voodoo Okzident. I feel like he is constantly pushing his sound forward into new territories, always sharpening his surgical technical precision. Each release contains a very active and detailed sound palette. Often utilizing synths and metalwork in new or rewarding ways. You can always expect variety and well-thought-out sounds and that's no different here. I can't get enough of this project recently. Great tape!

I also recently discovered his other project, Citalopram Shunyata. The man is so active and productive, that one project wasn't enough! Ordered the Moist Nobility album and can't wait to spin it. From sampling some of the tracks, it seems on par with the best of his Scatmother material.

Stipsi

TAINT: perverse (from the 3cds box set perversion at all costs with S&Q and Con-Dom). Quality filth as usual. Taint just doing Taint in superb way.

PAIN JERK/ARMENIA(split).

I have to admit (personal opinion of course) that this is one of the weakest material of pain jerk. And I love so much pain jerk that is hard to be objective for me about his work.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

Krigsverk

Been spending a few evenings enjoying some CD releases from Karo Productions; 3 releases with Macromenia and 886VG. Harsh nice stuff that should not be overlooked.

Commander15

Macronympha - Whorechestra 3CD (Dada Drumming)

Simply sublime, both the content and the package. I have to say that there is something magical going on in these 90's Macronympha records. Original tape sounds phenomenal, really rich harsh noise with layers and small details. Mix is dense enough but not too bloated with bass frequencies. Tracks evolve naturally with good variation in dynamics and sounds. Last tracks with nasty feedback assaults are simply gorgeous!

Got to listen to the other cds when the time is right. Superb stuff.

Macronympha - Intensive Care CD (Self Abuse)

This one here is an prime example of "juhlanoise". I'm pretty dumbfounded by the pure quality of this. This one, with its super sharp cut-ups, intricate metal sounds and no filler-all killer approach, has fought its way into my all time favorite noise top 5. Down to kill from beginning to the end, but not in boneheaded way at all. Seriously recommended.

MkB

Been on a Terror Cognitive Dissonance binge of late, concentrating on his mixes for podcasts and live sets.

A load can be found here - https://soundcloud.com/terrorcognitivedissonance

They range from industrial / noise / dark ambient / dark techno etc.

This particular mix is an excellent and messy way to spend an hour.. Check the tracklist.

1. Sutcliffe Jügend - I Never Met a Woman Who Didn't Deserve To Die [Freek Records]
2. DDV - Venereology [Club Moral]
3. Grunt - You Can't Hide [Force Majeure]
4. J.Adolphe - Eruption [Geräuschmanufaktur]
5. Atonal Orgasm - In Questo Momento [Murderabilia Records]
6. Moana - The Hell That You Condemned Me [Murderabilia Records]
7. MP Hopkins, Mark Harwood - Dilemma On Page 43 [Penultimate Press]
8. Anenzephalia - A.B.C [Death Factory]
9. Genocide Organ - Why Should I Care [Tesco Organisation]
10. Cazzodio - Gabbia Di Ferro [Old Europa Cafe]
11. Âmes Sanglantes - Unmanifested [Total Black]
12. Intrinsic Action - I Can't Stand A Bitchy Chick [BloodLust!]
13. S.T.A.B. Electronics - Instrument For Operating On Mutant Women [Urashima]
14. Maria Zerfall - Es Ist Nicht Leicht [Not On Label]
15. Terror Cognitive Dissonance - Fucking You [Not On Label]
16. Cienfuegos - Club Crisis [BANK Records NYC]
17. Black Spring - Brainfuck [No Danger No Beauty]

Here is the link - https://soundcloud.com/hatetechno/terror-cognitive-dissonance-podcast-007

Here is another wonderful mix - https://soundcloud.com/tlabel/t-label-podcast-20-terror-cognitive-dissonance

Enjoy!
Bandcamp collection - https://bandcamp.com/m-bryce

Stipsi

Mania: armed to the teeth (2008 troniks pacrec).
Still my favourite from mania.
Perfect balance of static, crunch, feedback, junk and sparse vocals.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

HateSermon

Quote from: Stipsi on December 17, 2023, 09:00:33 PMMania: armed to the teeth (2008 troniks pacrec).
Still my favourite from mania.
Perfect balance of static, crunch, feedback, junk and sparse vocals.

I'll second that. No bad Mania out there but this one is my favorite

MkB

A cold glass or three of white, and a couple from the Italian label "Diazepam."

Diazepam - https://diazepamnoise.bandcamp.com/music

Let Your Fire Consume Me by Shiver - https://diazepamnoise.bandcamp.com/album/shiver-let-your-fire-consume-me

A split by Shiver and Sa Bruxa - https://diazepamnoise.bandcamp.com/album/sa-bruxa-shiver

.. and, The Light Within Has Turned Into Darkness by Shiver - https://diazepamnoise.bandcamp.com/album/shiver-the-light-within-has-turned-into-darkness

Have a good evening.
Bandcamp collection - https://bandcamp.com/m-bryce

Krigsverk

Finishing off 2023 by listening through the whole 10 CD's of "Archive: 90's Tapes" by Grunt. Fantastic stuff.

SoonYouHaveDeafEars

A few recent listens:
Destroy Date - The Teardown Sessions (Abhorrent A.D. 2023)
A previously unreleased noise EP by Ed Giles from Final Solution, originally scheduled for a release 20 so years ago.
This release gives off a "recycled music" quality to it as it sounds pretty blistering and dirty due to tape crunch, as well as the fact that you can faintly hear pre-recorded music in the background as it's being groundpounded by the walls of crunch.
Overall it's a pretty rough but steller noise effort by Ed, I like it!

Knurl / Okkvltismi - Knurl / Okkvltismi (Rural Isolation Project 2023)
Canadian harsh junk meets Finnish occult death industrial, this is an alright split.
Knurl does what does Knurl does best, a lot of steel and scrap metal being utterly obliterated by pedals, fans know what to expect.
I do quite like his third track "Tempered Hysteria" the most with it's screeching feedback being overlapped with intensely scorched junk and rustling bass.
On the flip side, we have Okkvltismi who provides bleak and droning death industrial through the use of heavily filtered guitars and modular.
I most enjoy his second track "Kamadme" where you have these shrieking synths with pounding thumps that echo throughout the track, pretty chilling stuff.

Blackphone666 - Hardcore Call Sounds (Biollante Records 2004)
Short and sweet brutal Japanese harsh noise made using a traditional rotary dial telephone as a sound source.
I love the way he strangles feedback and creates these hyperactive fields of noise that glitch, loop and morph; I dig this a lot.
If you enjoy other Japanese greats such as Pain Jerk, Guilty Connector and/or Scum, you've got to check out Blackphone666 at once!

Que Sera, Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)

Fistfuck Masonanie

Cyess Afxzs & Scathing – Sunken Dimension CD (Satatuhatta)

Collaboration I've been extremely excited to check out. Both artists have put out multiple releases this year that I thought were quite extraordinary. Cyess Afxsz with his composed approach and introductions of traditional musical elements on releases like Richter and No Bull One Left Behind. Scathing with highly technical and raucous tapes like Reeking Hordes Of Rubble and Flesh Wreckage.

This meeting up of forces conjures up something new and exciting. There is a great contrast of sounds that is at times fierce and harsh and at other moments, beautiful. There are equal parts screeching feedback and equal parts layered musical melodies. At times there are guitars buried in the mix, metal percussion, and traditional musical elements all utilized to create a dynamic and rewarding experience. However, the album most certainly has its foothold in harsh noise albeit, with a great deal of exploration. The first two tracks showcase a wide use of dynamics, but the 32-minute closing track Mythmaker really stretches the creative muscles and develops gradually while exploring nuance and narrative.

Quite the expansive soundscape and an emotionally evocative album at times as well which is rare for noise. Going to spin this one a lot I can tell and I hope these two continue to collaborate in the future.

W.K.

I didn't expect to like the Prurient Genocide Organ collaboration as much as I do. Expectations were low seeing Dominick's output the last few years, but it's solid. Far removed from a blackened full-force blowout one might expect seeing those names, and I didn't expect such an nuanced work, but it works. Maybe one could expect this approach looking back at Casablanca Flamethrower, which feels in the same lineage of this album, but this Carte Blanche feels more balanced and to the point. I'm glad for that, Casablanca Flamethrower surely has good moments but I really dislike the 2+ hour album approach when half of it is filled with mediocre ambient and synth noodling.

Yeah, I think I like this album. It's like the things I dislike about Prurient (albums that overstate their lenght and become boring) and Genocide Organ (flanging warbly synthesized vocal effects) are solved, yet I also feel it could be much more. They are holding back A LOT. We could have more darkness, more claustrophobia, more angst, more power, more dominance, heavier feeling of obliteration, total sickness and disgust. They have done in the past, they can do now. But this isn't that. It's a solid album, but it's not the beast you might expect it to be.

You know how it feels like? Like an 40-year old man in a trustable second-hand brown-striped suit digging up dirt in the middle of the street, unbothered by the looks of bystanders, occasionally barking when one is getting to close, yet still being an 40-year old in a suit.
Straight murkin' riddim blud, absolute vile gash

Cranial Blast

Just listened to M.I.A. - I Love You tape. Released by Phage Tapes and I think this might be my favorite right now of all of M.I.A. stuff that I've heard, definitely some unique industrial type of noise that has some very interesting moments and bleak sounding atmosphere throughout the tape.

Stipsi

Quote from: HateSermon on April 26, 2023, 07:08:48 PMInfibulation - In Your Guts cassette. Self released, 2023

Short but rotten release. Good variety of sounds ranging from low rumbling to high pressure feedback moving in all sorts of directions that keeps both sides of the tape interesting and enjoyable to listen to. There's a certain sound quality that this guy achieves that really pleases the ear. Muddy and saturated but not at all in a bad way.
This is a project that I find to be pretty underrated. Most everything is self released with the exception of a couple tapes on Breathing Problem (one being a split with Interior One). Looking forward to whatever this guy puts out next.

North Central - K9 Frequencies cassette. Ominous Recordings, 2023

Often times when a project focuses on extreme subject matter, the release becomes more about the samples/art and less about the actual music. People creating something for shock value but the noise itself sucks. But I don't think this is the case here.
Musically it's a knock out. Blistering feedback and heavy blows of junk metal creating an overall bad vibe atmosphere reminding me of Taint at times. Sometimes showing restraint, sometimes full blast noise fuckery.  I'm pretty sure all tracks were recorded in the same session.
North Central presents some really inspiring sounds on this one, and if you can stomach the subject matter, it's worth tracking down a copy.

I can confirm you that all north central release is one session, because we don't live close, so every time we meet, we record for a release.
Then everything is adjusted in "post production"
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Incapacitants – Operorue CD (Helicopter/Troniks)

Going back and checking out the reissue of this classic. In the liner notes, Mikawa lays out the meaning of the title. Operorue is Euro-repo backwards. It's a repurchase agreement in Europe and one was one of the main transaction types that Mikawa was working on at the time for his employer. He then goes on to say this is why you shouldn't take track titles seriously haha.

Postal Savings & Postal Life Insurance is the closest thing I've heard to a recorded cavity filling. This track is brutal. All high end and it sounds like a dentist drilling directly into your mouth with the sympathetic frequencies resonating into your cochlea.

Appointment with my Friend is the second track. A little wider in the spectrum. More focus on the mids with some sprinkled high-end on top. This is a good one. I honestly don't have any smart or smarmy comparisons here. Just a good solid track.

A Walk In The Evening is the third and final track on the album. We have an oddity here. There is no reference to this being a live track... One of the rare occurrences of an Incapacitants album fully comprised of "studio" tracks. A Walk is a 33-minute death match between Mikawa and Kosakai. This is probably one of the finest and most singular examples of why Incapacitants are so incredible. No holds bar absolute slugfest. An absolute stunner of these two giants battling with their gear and trying to topple one another in a no-limits financial noise fest royale rumble.

Can't recommend this one enough.