PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKHE

denmark new elite + industrial classics:
NON - Easy Listening for IRon Youth
COIL - Gold is the Metal with the Broadest Shoulders
FORZA ALBINO - Mot (very strong and unsettling p.e.! throwing itself far up into the echelons of 2011 industrial music)
CROATIAN AMOR - can't remember title, enjoyed the A-side more
FUZZARDS - Obfuscate the Future (thought it featured a cool decaying pitch-drop, but then I realized the batteries in my walkman was dying)

Nyodene D

Rome - Flowers From Exile (not as good as Masse Mensch Material, want to check out the new one though...)

Kinit Her - Divine Names (outstanding ritual / neofolk recording)

Sektor 304 - Subliminal Actions (oh my god.  this album.  seriously, its so heavy, very clean production, lots more "song" oriented, way more of everything I liked.  totally memorable from beginning to end)

RyanWreck

Looks Of Love – The Midnight Hour (Posh Isolation, 2011) - What a great tape. Very simplistic, downer Punk with lots of melody. There are 6 tracks and most of them have maybe 3 or 4 chords, and a lot of these chord progressions sound alike from track to track, luckily those riffs are all catchy and good. Raw production and vocals that sounds to me like a European Johnny Cash.
SAMPLE: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/looks-of-love (2nd post down)

En Tragedie - S/T (Posh Isolation, 2011) - I disliked this tape when I first got it but after a few replays it is growing on me. Tape loops/manipulation, analogue noises and field recordings from Hannes Norrvide (Lust For Youth) and Loke (LR, Sexdrome, Hvide Sejl). That's a simple formula and lately there has been a nice group of artists popping up doing this, my favorite is Crown of Cerberus which is a bit more ambient and raw and Alleypisser. This tape builds up around the tape loops adding, slowly, piece by piece of droning synth and more loops and recordings then manipulates them. Each side is like a long, fluid chapter slowly escalating to a peak. I would like to hear more from these guys to see where this project can go before I really decide to give an opinion about their work.
SAMPLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGeRNZ027E

STREETMEAT

converter-coma
Forza Albino- "MOT"(cant wait for more from this project)

ConcreteMascara

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Quote from: STREETMEAT on January 04, 2012, 10:46:22 PM
Forza Albino- "MOT"(cant wait for more from this project)

Listening to this right now. Good theme, self hatred for being a faggot. Side A kind of reminds me of earlier Nicole 12 stuff in sound. Side B is probably my favorite of both sides for the junk abuse and vicious up-front vocal attacks.

Ashley Choke

The so called theme is just something some misinterpreting teenager came up with at your forum. How he came to that conclusion from those lyrics I really can't tell. ATM working on the follow up

P-K

stab electronics : the non alliant II  lp ..........

SKY BURIAL

Coil (various)
Diamanda Galas (various)
Giacinto Scelsi (various)
Doom (various)
Bolt Thrower (various)
Amebix- Sonic Mass

RyanWreck

Quote from: KHH on January 05, 2012, 03:16:27 AM
The so called theme is just something some misinterpreting teenager came up with at your forum. How he came to that conclusion from those lyrics I really can't tell. ATM working on the follow up

Fuckin' teenagers.

linxtyx

A lot of Teatro Satanico
Alfarmania & Proiekt Hat "Furyfication"

bitewerksMTB

TEITANBLOOD purging tongues 1-sided 12" with etching

various d/l's from Hands of Orlac, SET, Weregoat, Skvlt demo

What is the 'garbage sack' of the God Blast Am. dvd? Haven't seen a word written about it yet. Woul d like to see it for Con-Dom.

RyanWreck

People are really hyping that Teitanblood album, hoping it is as good as everyone is making it out to be. The cover art is ridiculous but in a good way.

Bleak Existence

would like to see the GBA dvd too cause it was a good but long wait mess fest:) i remember when we shaked hands there Keith i was wearing my Taint perverse shirt !

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: RyanWreck on January 06, 2012, 02:35:06 AM
People are really hyping that Teitanblood album, hoping it is as good as everyone is making it out to be. The cover art is ridiculous but in a good way.

It's fairly close to what they did on the 2LP. A 15 min track with spoken Spanish vocals in sections plus what they did w/vocals on 7C. It's a solid track, makes me wish there was another side. The etching is ridiculous too; not what I expected at all. The cover art looks better in person. It has some minor details you can't see in the photos online that do not work very well. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the new Embrace of Thorns next...