PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baglady

Altar of Flies The Violent Blow - LP
- Before I picked this one up recently, I hadn't heard anything since the Eremiten tape in 2009 and not even read the reviews of his stuff, so I was pretty blown away. Looking forward to hear the Female LP in a couple of days.

Atrax Morgue Exterminate LP
Atrax Morgue Esthetik of a Corpse LP
- I worship these two recordings. Madness put to sound. Beautiful vinyl editions.

Martin Bladh & Bo I. Cavefors Three studies for a crucifixion; A passion play in three acts DVD
- This is exactly what I expected and hoped it would be.

nowirehangers

YOU. - Brick (tape) Sound kinda like Bene Gesserit, minimal synth techno with a guitar somewhere in there.

Skvlt - Tour Tape(tape) blackened crust, this tape sounds pretty shit-fi, and I am okay with that.

ConcreteMascara

Autechre - Exai MP3 - so my all time favorite musicians decided to digitally release their new album a month before the physical copy. Like all AE releases, I approached it with some apprehension, especially since their last two albums were so-so. But the glory days of AE have returned! Quite possibly the best thing they've done since Untilted. The vibe is generally darker than the latest stuff and more consistent. It reminds me a lot of their live sound during the Quaristice tour. Good shit. I'm excited for the vinyl to arrive.

Wertham - Lombroso, Caligula031 - Odessa, Caligula031 - Domino - I listened to these all back to back so I don't have much in the way of specifics to say. In general I enjoy Marco's use of samples a lot. They provide atmosphere and context without being dumb or obnoxious. The Odessa tape was probably my favorite of the bunch but I need more listens to absorb all the tapes.

Broadcast - Berberian Sound Studio CD - Broadcast's attempts and generally succeeds in trying to recapture the sounds and atmosphere of 70s/80s horror soundtracks, with a style closer to Fabio Frizzi than John Carpenter. The CD isn't mind blowing but its a solid take on an old style. I haven't seen the movie this soundtrack is from, but its my understanding it's also an homage giallo flicks and the like.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

alterstock

Damien Dubrovnik - 'First Burning Attraction' LP test pressings

Levas

VA - Dangus compilation temsta 1998 nice compilation with various baltic bands. Ha Lela, Oral Climax, Girnų Giesmės, Ataka etc. from drone to funny hard rock.

MODUS - Mėgaukis Tyla - funny record. Some sort of avantgarde, etc. Interesting for one time listening session I think and for funny lyrics like "I bought a car, now I can't drink. I bought a car.. bang. Now I can drink again"

GDAE - Things: First Story - This is one of the projects that I've never understood why it's important in Lithuanian scene. Just some samples and collected sounds I guess

GDAE - Excerpts and Madness And this one is even worse.

Autocancrena - La Distruzione Really nice and varied album. from ambient to death industrial.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: alterstock on February 12, 2013, 09:56:58 PM
Damien Dubrovnik - 'First Burning Attraction' LP test pressings
Cool! When will this be out? I assume it'll be on Posh Isolation?

Spinning: Swans - The Seer
Must be at least my 10th time spinning this. Sooo good!!

Bleak Existence

Seven Minutes Of Nausea / Deca Debilane

online prowler

Von
Satanic Blood (demo 1992)
US BM like it should be. Stripped and grim. Think it was rereleased on vinyl last year.

Women Of The SS
SS Orgy/SS Bitch (7", 1991)
Classic strip dpwn and atmospheric sexual charged industrial.

Gribberiket
Knefall (CS, 2013)
Norway's best kept secret. Funeral doom/metal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfrfAa0TwS4
Free dwnlwd/pay as much you like here: http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com/album/knefall

Sarcófago
The Black Vomit (Demo 1987)
Classic BM demo. Personally I enjoy the bands demo works, rather than their ordinary releases. The soundscape in these are more bleak and direct.

Vangelis
Blade Runner (CS, 1994)
One of my fav releases. The songs and production is as expansive as space it self.

Vatican Shadow
September Cell (CS, 2012)

Bjørn Fongaard
track Galaxy on the excellent vinyl Musique électronique Norvegienne (1968). Contemporary composition for guitar.

Levas

Nazi Bastards from Aldebaran - Invasion - "industrial gem from 90ies" happened to be electro/ebm/whatever.

Nigdeniya - Nigdeniya - another one from Zhelezobeton. Sort of mail art thing. At first it was very irritating, later on - ok for background

K2 | Positive Adjustments - Nice release, good noise.

Cattle Mutilation - Transient - quite nice dark ambient/drone output.

Stab electronics / Chloroform rapist / Unclean / Concrete Mascara - Art of Deviance - quite weird double tape I would say. I was thinking it will be killer tape, thinking and thinking and when I listened to it - well, it's not bad, but I think my hopes were too high or something like that. Or I'll have to listen to it once more. STAB Electronics - good tracks though somewhat weaker than previous output of his. Chloroform rapist - good contrast for STAB and meditative track. Not bad. Unclean and Concrete Mascara sounded very similar, but I've read just now that they were doing tracks with each other's help so it's no surprise about it. All in all - good, but not mind blowing.

Bleak Existence

Various ‎– La Ciudad Podrida Vol. I

Jaakko V.

Popol Vuh - The Werner Herzog Soundtracks 5 CD box (with a 98-page hardback booklet)

One of the things to be taken to a remote island...

Andrew McIntosh

Currently playing the shit out of -

Sacher Pelz, "Mutation For A Continuity" box set. This is some hard listening material. Punk Concrete. Some maniac in a basement fucking around with turntables and tapes because he can, and for personal reasons, has to. Repetitive loops of sometimes familiar (you can hear Tangerine Dream) material, made grating and trying.

Mark Solotroff, "Archive" series. This is my easy listening choice. Not that it lacks grime or low fidelity but it's lengthy, uncaring layers of drone and sound make me return to it constantly. Noise that lasts the distance and doesn't really give a fuck about the listener. Blatant.

And Craft's "Fuck The Universe" and "Void", as mentioned elsewhere. For those magic misanthropic moments.
Shikata ga nai.

horse worship

MSBR "euro grappling electro" cdr - Sold off pretty much all of my cds in the past year and ended up with some random cdrs laying around that I haven't played in 6-7 years... Really enjoying this for what it is, long form slippery bending effects wave of sound. Never listen to stuff like this anymore as the style seemed really boring/redundant for a while but with nothing else like it in my playlist it's good background music.

Likewise with this American tapes cdr - Can't even decipher his writing anymore. Think it says AM200 or AM300 but this doesn't match what discogs says. Maybe it's Spykes, sounds like some one playing with tape recorder feedback and the mouthpiece of a sax or something. Haven't listened to anything Wolf related in ages either. Cd player only wants to play cdrs for some reason.

Sadistic Bliss "reissue..." cd - Pretty good for being so crude. Don't think I've really listened to this ever even though I got it when it came out. Dig the drums a lot. Almost weird sludge/pv. Realizing that i've missed a ton of new f&v stuff as well.

v/a-Hated Perversions cd - Perfect Valentine's day comp. Waiting for gf to get home from school. Sick Seed tracks are some of my all time favorite pe.

Ashley C "timeless reality" cd - Really like this now that I've come back to it. Second track is killer.

nyarluna

Listening to a lot of German artists lately, Amon Dull II, Can, that Popol Vuh box mentioned sounds interesting.  Genocide Organ Archive I & II, revisiting early EN.  Looking forward to the Putrefier IR discs arriving in the post soon.

AV!

Believer/Law ‎– Foxhole Prayers Cs (Cae-Sur-A)

Believer/Law ‎– Contrition Cs (Robert & Leopold)

Youth Code ‎– Demonstrational Cassette (s/r)

Altar of Flies - Female LP (Peripheral)

Also thanks to everyone digging Feuerbahn & Yerevan Tapes releases