PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Has anyone heard The Curfew Recordings cd on Harbinger? Seems like I've seen something written on it but not sure it was here or not...

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 02, 2013, 05:27:18 AM
Has anyone heard The Curfew Recordings cd on Harbinger? Seems like I've seen something written on it but not sure it was here or not...

Yeah, I have that. Big chasms of echoey drone and creaking/banging sounds. Reminded me of the 1990s 'Anna Planeta' release on BWCD which was also field recordings made at night in unusual situations and in less than legal circumstances.

Link to reprint of original (and apparently wildly inaccurate) local news report - http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/1000expats/expatsfeatures/tm_objectid=16403767&method=full&siteid=50080&headline=the-goths-and-grave-robbers-name_page.html

FreakAnimalFinland

Damn! Started today by listening ENCEPHALOPHONIC / KAZUMOTO ENDO split 7", and haven't reached to move away from it. Just replaying side, and flipping once in a while.
I don't know why, but I feel this is the best Kazumoto Endo for long time?! Everything about it, is faithful to Endo style, but lacking all those dramatic silences I dislike, and focus on fast, loud, ultra distorted harsh noise that is sliced into quickly changing cuts of noise, sometimes one thing happening at the time, sometimes little more density added in form of multiple layers coming and going. However, ENCEPHALOPHONIC remains still little bit more tastier. His style of composition, sounds and most of all ability to blend the transitions little better than simply razor sharp abrupt cut. Smoothly running solid harsh noise piece is something you could mix 94 Merzbow, 95 Pain Jerk and Sickness of 2000's, yet I feel artist operates in such a timeless approach of noise that comparing it to all the famous hardly does justice.
I also feel, that as much as 7" vinyl might limit the forcefulness of loud harsh noise (compared to flat 0dB digital release), it actually made this material better than it digitally was?! Maybe that's exactly reason why Endo sounded so good too!
Color vinyl, full color glossy cover. Small edition. And because of these qualities, little pricey. But for me, it already has rotated so many times it's well worth of money!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

NOMEX ‎– Live At KIPL (Sabbatical ‎2011) tape

I guess this is one of the most interesting noise project last years. Power of sound, raw and violence, and deeply penetrating at the same time. Very recommended.

F.T.MARINETTI - F.B. PRATELLA - VETROPHONIA ‎– Формула Войны (Formula Of War) (Der Angriff 2011) CD

Very good concept album. I don't think so there is good idea about adding historical recordings of Italian futurists because Russian project presented its vision enough clearly and eloquently.  Hats off! 

KSHATRIY From Heart To Heart (Muzyka Voln 2013) CD

Quite nice dark, organic ambient, but I listened his better works. Anyway I think this Russian project is still one of the most interesting in mentioned genre.

Henfaren

Institut "Live Like Traitors, Die Like Traitors"

My all time favorite Institut release!

ghoulson

VENICE OF THE NORTH [C35 - Unik Eld]
I was actually waiting for something like this... a comptape with some fresh blood from the swedish scene. I must admit I didn't have high expectations on all contributions but I was surprised. It didn't leave the tapedeck in my car for several days... Great combination of industrial / power electronics... Its not revolutionary in any way, but I really enjoyed listening to this and think its good with some ongoing activities in Stockholm scene. Best contributions: Vit Fana (I hope to hear more from them in 2013), Corrosion and HSV...

SHIFT: Hatet-Misären / Motstånd-Handling [7" - Untergeschoss/F&V]
New 7" from one of the most hateful acts around these days... Shift never seem to stagnate, constantly breaking new ground in field of sonic discomfort. Here dealing with the degeneration of Malmö as concept for the two tracks... its a deep well of sewage to find inspiration. Well-made structural power electronics, boiling over with contempt. I really like the direction recent works from Shift is taking.... vinyl is heavy and sounds great, even if inlay is cheapest possible.

octis

mindvoid - crime against

Matthias

Quote from: ghoulson on May 03, 2013, 11:16:01 PM
VENICE OF THE NORTH [C35 - Unik Eld]
I was actually waiting for something like this... a comptape with some fresh blood from the swedish scene. I must admit I didn't have high expectations on all contributions but I was surprised. It didn't leave the tapedeck in my car for several days... Great combination of industrial / power electronics... Its not revolutionary in any way, but I really enjoyed listening to this and think its good with some ongoing activities in Stockholm scene. Best contributions: Vit Fana (I hope to hear more from them in 2013), Corrosion and HSV...

Been playing this too the last week. Vit Fana was the nicest surprise and the act that stood out the most to me. HSV good as always, but didn't care that much for the rest.

Today I've been listening to Rabbit Hole from Altar Of Flies, "advance" of upcoming album, and after just two spins I think it's fair to say that this is one of the very best AOF recordings so far - can't wait to have the LP in my hands!

Levas

Trepaneringsritualen ‎– Konung Dómaldr Vid Upsala Hängd - Nice dark tape. I don't know if it's "a must", but good

Painted Woman - 04.03.10 - this is one of the projects that surprised me. Enjoyable harsh noise though in quite a weird way. The recording quality etc. is not that good and "compositions" seems very expressive in a good way - I mean when you can hear that something is not right in technical sense. Sudden changes in sounds because of cables disconnecting or so, it often directs the whole recording in unexpected direction and I'm truly enjoying this. The other tape is still in the pile. Will see if this project should be in good new harsh noise thread or not, heh

Sex, Nazix & Noise und Roll - Music for Nazi Sexploitation Movies - Great packaging and good material. Bagman + Corazzata Valdemone

Dr Alex

Thergothon - Stream From The Heavens cd
Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend cd
Stabat Mater - Stabat Mater cd
Moss - Cthonic Rites cd

martialgodmask

Shift - Hatet-Misären

First bit of vinyl I've bought in...too long, along with the Hal Hutchinson collab from Unrest. Glad I made the effort, this is a ruthless 7" and the length of it is probably just right to give you a good kicking.

FreakAnimalFinland

yep, while Shift has these trademark characteristics of slow effected vocals, loops, heavy synth tones etc, he has no releases that are alike. This must be dirtiest sounding tracks? Raw and grim sounds, yet treated as compositional elements, not as gutter noise for sake of being as rough as possible.

VOMIT ARSONIST / BLACK SCORPIO UNDERGROUND split 7"
heavy and bass loaded material. I would suspect these guys have been inspired greatly by CONTROL for example? Listened it few times and there's lack of some striking element to make single track stand out, yet it's well done. Perhaps just more album type of material where dark clouds of suffocating layers of sound surrounds listener for longer time..

CREAMATION LILY "Fertility Servant" 7"
Was told to me to be UK's Prurient copycat, but... hardly. Surely there are these same things, but when thinking how much Prurient "borrowed" from all the rest...  Mourning melodic patterns of Navicon Torture Technologies for example. Sound of the 7" is a bit lacking in level of subtle details, but compositionally decent, with ideas and well done.  Prurient, NTT, but in other hand - a lot of contemporary USA bands comes to my mind. Not "orthodox" brit PE by any means, yet I think very promising project.

SUDDEN INFANT / ASTRO split 7"
SI does what he does. Sounds like live recording what simply abruptly cuts in end of side while louder noise has just been rising to proper levels..   Astro in other hand escapes to be memorable. It's ok, but nothing very special. Kind of example of 7"s you easily play few times, but in context of wall of 7"s in your flat - it's very very unlikely you'll put out this as opposed to plenty of great 7"s.

GAERRA / MIRRORS ARE BLACK split 7"
Gaerra... I dislike the rhythm of song. Beat itself is fine, but sound of rhythm is annoying. Listened few times, thinking it's ok since other sound elements are fine, but no...   Mirrors Are Black... wasn't this the guy from... let me focus my rotten brain...  Arkhe?? Certainly a great track of densely layered droning noises.

SKEPPET 7"
Same label as above. Plain black discosleeve and little sticker on plastic sleeve... Kosmische / psyche rock jams? Sounds ok, yet I feel this type of hallucinating drifting jams work better in long playtime.

PETS OF FOOD 7"
Same label as above. Plain black discosleeve and little sticker on plastic sleeve...  Dysfunctional no wave/noiserock/postpunk whatever you call this? Some not-too-heavy sounding metaljunk percussions added into obscure lo-fi sounding noisy band music.

Label is this:
http://www.solformorkelse.com/
Releasing all sorts of Malmö stuff

Jaakko V.

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 07, 2013, 09:14:18 AMMirrors Are Black... wasn't this the guy from... let me focus my rotten brain...  Arkhe??

MAB is Peter of Amph and Sprachlos Verlag.

FreakAnimalFinland

äsh, yep, Amph - not Arkhe...  But that's very good stuff. How the other releases?

Jaakko V.

The split LP with Altar of Flies is at least excellent! Very good combination these two bands.

http://www.discogs.com/Altar-Of-Flies-Mirrors-Are-Black-Altar-Of-Flies-Mirrors-Are-Black/release/3492341