PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

UNPEACE "Reh tape"
Rawrex 04
Finnish noisecore. Niko getting faster? It's not like Tumor or Anal Cunt, but still getting faster. Demented and nervewrecking.

KEUHKOT "TVO Live 2006" tape
Arkisto
Archive material. Live show, what would be otherwise very neat, but audience talking is a bit too loud here. Especially on b-side couple ladies chatting probably right next to the recorder. I would like Keuhkot to have this kind of raw live sound on some releases, but without audience. I'm sure this is most of all for Finnish audience. You lose so much if you don't understand lyrics, which are almost pointless to translate. Lots of loops and odd middle-eastern song patterns and agitating vocal style about all the absurdity.

UMPIO "Sauna" tape
Obscurex
One of the very nice Umpio harsh noise releases. So good it was already reissued on CD. Tape is tape, nevertheless. Perhaps his tape on EST is unbeatable in the style so far? That should be CD!

Contrary Soap Heaven "Unnamed Disease" tape
Trapeze tapes
Harsh noise works of CSH from Tokyo. C-50 tape doesn't indicate any track titles, but according to discogs, there are some and can be found online. Same goes with some infos. Trapeze Tapes, Tokyo, Japan 2009-2011 can be found from cover, but then online info says recorded winter 2007.  Limited edition of 49 stamp numbered copies.  Bought this from Lust Vessel, so no direct contact with label or maker. I feel it starts little lazy, but it gets going. As a anonyme harsh noise tape, its decent listening, yet barely qualifies among the big names of genre. Choosing most intense tracks to make C-30 would have been better. Problem now is that there is barely anything to say beyond "normal harsh noise". It doesn't step out with great sounds, editing, compostion or such. Just vents some energy.

RODGER STELLA "The Final Programme" 7"
Nice! I think CCCC was mentioned in description? Stella isn't recycling works of Macronympha, but on this 7" has more of the cosmic electronic feel. It's not like the double tape kraut mix, but clearly going to noise category. Not rough, not bleak and murky. Lazers and delays, pitching cosmic sounds, clashing noises what appear like sounds of metal going through electronic modulation what leaves barely anything of original sound there? It has nice slow pace what waves forward, keeping the pallette of sound same, but lots of things happening on each sound.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

online prowler

NYIÞ - Visni þitt hold svo betur megi hæfa þeim hug sem það hýsir.

Icelandic occult black metal. Atomspheric metal with folk and kraut reverbrations. Higly recommended. Play loud! 

https://thereisnoreasonforanyofthistohavehappened.bandcamp.com/album/visni-itt-hold-svo-betur-megi-h-fa-eim-hug-sem-a-h-sir

repeater

Merzbow - ElectroMagnetic Unit
Found for cheap when hunting for stuff in Osaka. Despite the terrible cover the music is great. Repetitive bass loops with noise that swells and breaks. The tracks build in intensity, with the second half of the album getting more chaotic and filled with skree. Forget the bias against late-period Merzbow, this is great.

Hair Stylistics - Big Audio Dynamite Shit
I saw Hair Stylistics perform as part of a band last month in Tokyo and he killed it - screaming spastically over the top of repetitive structures and blasting crunchy noise and I tracked down 3 of his releases in random record stores. This is pretty arbitrary, meandering loops of thin synth tones and some samples. I've listened to it a few times, hoping to connect with it - no luck.

Violent Onsen Geisha - OTIS
Psychedelic NWW style collages. Not as pulverizing or as active as I would have liked but much better than the hair stylistics release. My version consists of 3 short tracks and 1 super long piece - supposedly altered from an earlier release to avoid copyright infringement. Who listened to, identified and then legally threated VOG? Strange.

bogskaggmannen

ZOVIET FRANCE & FOSSIL AEROSOL MINING PROJECT "Patina pooling" DLP [Alt.Vinyl]

Much better than expected.

TOY BIZARRE & EMERGE s/t LP [Attenuation Circuit]

Great use of field recordings of stones inside a mine - felt a bit like a sister-album to the Stein compilation.

bile

Black Church "Heavens Temple Fails to Rise" CS

I purchased this tape when it was released courtesy of Bleak Environment in 2012 and listened to it heavily during that year. After revisiting the tape last night I am happy to say that the charm remains...J.W. (Order of Nine Angels, Grinning Deaths Head, Death Cult Suicide, Serpent777, etc...) implements his unique style into this ritualistic blown-out Black Metal hybrid. The vocals are buried and mixed between eerie singing and traditional BM crooning. Instrumentally, these pieces are hard to pinpoint exactly what is creating which sound...the production is dirty, distorted, and warped in a tasteful (yet abrasive) way. The repetitive tribal drumming in cahoots with some bizarre synthesizer melodies transports the listener into a new environment. In terms of riffing, aside from when only the guitar and drums are present in the mix, it is difficult to discern exactly what is being played and Black Church uses this auditory veil as a means to help allow the listener to disconnect from convention and become prey to the chilling atmosphere. It's a shame that this tape is the only recorded output from a good J.W. project.

Ahlzagailzehguh "Recycled"CS

One of my favorite tapes in the prolific "Recycled" series curated by RRRon. Typical Ahlzagailzehguh affair here...gorgeous waves of brutal distortion, lots of precise splicing, feedback, fantastic control of dynamics, and metallic manipulation. No complaints of any kind. Straight to the point and devastating USHN from one of the best the country has to offer. As with all "Recycled" tapes, Ron will be printing these until "...the day I die!", which makes it a no-brainer to purchase for even the faintest HN listener.

urall

On a metal binge the last couple of days:

Phobocosm - Deprived
Somewhere between Irkallian Oracle and Dead Congregation or something. Slow epic riffs and fast pounding blasts. Good stuff.

Diocletian - Gesundrian
Sonewhat in the vein of Revenge, Angelcorpse,.. This album is more polished than their previous stuff. But i dig this a lot.

Temple Desecration - Communion perished
Occult death metal - has those epic riffs which remind me of Malthusian, Cruciamentum a bit. Too bad this is a single sided 12"

Baglady

Quote from: urall on June 10, 2015, 02:31:02 PM
Cruciamentum
Have completely forgotten about them! What happened? Those two EPs/mini albums they did were really really good, especially the 10". Heard about new recordings coming up quite some time ago, but it's been quiet.

urall

Quote from: Baglady on June 10, 2015, 03:04:22 PM
Cruciamentum
Have completely forgotten about them! What happened? Those two EPs/mini albums they did were really really good, especially the 10". Heard about new recordings coming up quite some time ago, but it's been quiet.

They apparently recorded a full length earlier this year!

Scat-O-Logy

Occult death metal - has those epic riffs which remind me of Malthusian, Cruciamentum a bit. Too bad this is a single sided 12"
You probably know this already but I really recommend you to check Teitanblood's "Woven Black Arteries" compilation CD. It has two somewhat similar tracks, both absolutely killer!

Edit: Also, Iron Bonehead Productions will be reissuing the "Abhorrent Rites" demo as 12" this year. https://youtu.be/OuhYgrjNqHA

Bloated Slutbag

New Blockaders, The & ARTBREAKHOTEL - Haikagura 2xcd
Geez, what a mess. What a clutter. A clatter. A clamor of massed metal junk clank, clink, clunk, bonk, thunk; crumpled crumble, rumpled rumble, with no end to be heard of, nary the barest pause for breath nor the space in which to breath it. Deep breath. I picked this up on the strength of the Nobuo Yamada contribution to Volume 1 of the VOD Viva Negativa! TNB tribute box. Yamada's take on the TNB anti-vision stood out in a field generally preferential of somewhat filthsome flavors. "Prickle/Crevice" was, if not particularly original, exceptionally executed- spacious, thoughtfully arranged scrape, screech 'n clang, achieving a decidedly pristine, even glinting atmosphere, ballsdeep in the bowels of rusted-out, metal-on-metal, hell. This time around, TNB (Rupenus) and ARTBREAKHOTEL (Yamada) combine to hurl, with all due force, any suggestion of thoughtful arrangement straight through the plate-glass  window. (The big one, in the foyer, restraining order pending.) If there is a violence contained in these destructive urges, it is mitigated by its own unwieldly mass, endlessly flatulating elements framed in a kind of freeform collage, no doubt to be due on the forthcoming VOD 16lp box Vive Le Bruitisme: A Tribute To Jean-Marc Vivenza. Of Haikagura, that anyway was my first impression- concrete factory sound recordist project slapped overtop concrete factory sound recordist project ad absurdum, to net something approaching homage to the sort of industrial-strength gamelon oft encountered on Jean-Marc's own Electro Institute. Such an impression is not to be tempered by the contributions of  the three additional Brits gracing the three part, forty-three minute, "Syntax Destruction" constituting Disc 1. Part I has Phil Julian of Cheapmachines assisting in the delivery of very wrinkled, woody, crinkle and crunkle. You say busy, I say workaholic. Workaholic: albeit unencumbered by particularly tight schedule, overwrought bangings and crashings entered and expunged at a meandering pace best described as "lackadaisical". Mercilessly, brutally, lackadaisical... or possibly plain shitfaced. Through it all, burnt cheapmachine electronics trade time with abused mics snuffling in the dirt, possibly digging their own grave, swallowed up in the fuglian medley of vinhilated belching and farting. As the two-disc set unfurls, the question inevitably arises, how to listen to this shit? The just as ready answer, how the in the bleeding sphinct should I know? With acoustic depths this abysmal, mileage will vary, wildly, depending upon the playback configuration and volume level specified- from bored stupid through to overwhelmed, utterly. Part II is by far the closest things get to legitimately harsh. To this I'd like to credit the assistance of Mark Durgan aka Putrefier. Compressed, heavily-saturated, high-frequency shimmerings sheer against the cacophony of a thousand tinhead tinklings to output an overload of near-puritannical, fleshmetal, fire. Part III, however, is easily the best Brit-assisted three-fer on offer. Perhaps Michael Gillham loses himself in the moment, or perhaps it is he who orders an easing of the all-out cacophonies. In any case, spaces are cleared somewhat, clutterous clang n bang deferring to heavier, more ponderous, thunder-bludger, conferring upon the slowly hammered whangs a credible size and definition, a real drama and gravitas. What works with the assistance of Gillham works just as well without. Just the duo of ARTBREAKHOTEL and TNB to be found on Disc 2 and here, free of additional Brits determinedly noising things up, it is even more apparent that a decisive clearing of air is precisely the thing to be needed. Impact: more classically TNBesque, at least the way I always envision them, acoustic percussives allowed their room to breathe, to draw attention slowly into an immersion of rugged fold, crooked crease. In contrast to Disc 1, the total event is structured by distinct movements, elements bric-a-brac'd to first crescendo nine minutes into "Huddle Concrete Demonstration". Low-pitched bell-tones underscore the nearly pastoral break in tension, though the moment soon passes as heavier, woodier developments begin to inundate, scouring methodically toward their second, and final, peak. Muted, mournful, droning announces "Unknown Soldier", the stout hero given a burial at sea of groaning heave, rusted thud. This is perhaps the most spacious offering of the set, and the most dramatic, the clambering clash of metals acquiring proportion that is genuinely gargantuan and genuinely inspired. Thus to the question "What's Ideology?" and the answer, evidently, "More of the same". The pace is a little more hectic, junked assemblage colliding with quite furious abandon, breaking away from the heavy-duty elements gracing the first two pieces and electing for straight-ahead slam-stammer-kablam. As layers keep piling up, fragments of sped-up voice begin to zip through the chaotic jumble signaling a final furious streak toward total collapse. A last blast of volume before cutting out for a three-minute denouement of minimal scrap-scrape through a gray and grainy dronefield.

Nobuo Yamada‎– Empty Time Of TNB cdr
Empty Time Of TNB commences with the fully fleshed out, fifteen minute, version of "Prickle/Crevice" as found on the Viva Negativa! box, Yamada-san deploying TNB source materials to superlative effect. In a word, mellow- a lovingly rendered re-rendering of the anti-vision, a well-ordered taming, one might say, of the chaos. Certainly there are sufficient layers, of junked screech, of twanged clunk. And there is a general progression toward increasingly dense layers of clink-a-bonk in motion. Still the mo is slow, crystalline in complexion, and the teeniest of fragments clear as a bright sunny day, streaks of daylight bathing stretches of broken, somewhat reverberant, drainage tunnel. Rubberneck squeals play against a light dusting of high-end feedback, a scattering of squashed aluminum empties rattling about edges. At no point does one feel like things are about to fall apart, however, quite an achievement for a piece this steeped in the art of collapse. "Objective Ground Level" is also found, in edited form, on the Viva Negativa! box, though the comp track is credited to Art Break rather than Mr Yamada. It is, in any event, sufficiently different as to be worthy of a different monicker, and I'm feeling generous because is good. Cycling assembly crane drags low-key thrum through steadily magnified arrangements of junked clamor, warm Organum-like atmospherics enveloped by intricate hydraulic textures. As with the best moments of TNB/ABH, there is a real sense of vast space thrilled into colorful sensation via the decisive positioning of resounding, steely, whang. "Empty Time" again conjures the Organum reference, a twenty-six minute opus pushing down the metallic clamorings and leaving their droning resonances to swell into life. This is a life empty of form, a mostly ghostly play of tinkly chime feeding back into massive swells of hollowed-out reverberance. At intervals, the harsher metallic fragments threaten to pierce the relative calm and these are the highlights. Point taken in any case: exhaust the TNB from the TNB and that does leave precious little to work with, not quite the negativa I might personally be inclined to viva, but hey to each perv his own perv-vision.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Ashmonger

Dieter Müh - Aakal/Nostrum/Earblind (7", Harbinger Sound): I don't know how to describe this, some kind of calm Industrial Electronics or something? Anyway, not bad but it doesn't do much for me...

Sedem Minut Strachu/De Blenders (tape, Bringer of Gore): SMS has a life gig, there are almost constantly sounds of monkeys screaming in between the noise, quite special, but somehow it works for me, makes it a bit more wild. De Blenders has a tracks separated by movie samples, but also counting, which starts of with 1 2 3 4, but goes into absurd territory quite fast, since I know them it's quite funny. Both bands present clearly not so serious noisecore, however both have a strong harsh sound.
Black State - We Hate Them (tape, Filth&Violence): Not my cup of tea, the samples are nice in itself and the electronics certainly not bad, but it's just too much samples. Sounds like a propaganda piece for a political party and not in a good way...

Ride For Revenge - Wisdom of the Few (LP, Northern Heritage): Pretty cool album, with more electronics parts than on the other albums it seems.

Pain Nail - Untitled (C30, no label): More Death Industrial than other releases, but pretty good. Great package, with the brown faux letter enveloppe with the Pain Nail sigil printed on it.

Animal Bizarre 1 (C30, Institute Of Paraphilia Studies): 3 good PE tracks, with the Wertham track being the most clearly into the subject. The final track is nice too, you know what's going on, but not exactly, so it makes it intriguing.

Clinic of Torture - Slave Sex (C20, Institute of Paraphilia Studies): First CoT release I hear, certainly not bnad, but it seems to go without leaving much of an impression on me...

urall

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on June 10, 2015, 06:02:55 PM
You probably know this already but I really recommend you to check Teitanblood's "Woven Black Arteries" compilation CD. It has two somewhat similar tracks, both absolutely killer!

Edit: Also, Iron Bonehead Productions will be reissuing the "Abhorrent Rites" demo as 12" this year. https://youtu.be/OuhYgrjNqHA

thnx for heads up regarding that Abhorrent Rites release, looking forward to that !

Yeah, already familiar with that Teitanblood release, good stuff.

bile

Cannibal Ritual "Return of the Shamatari" Digital Release

When I purchased the "Nudo E Salvaggio" CD from Cannibal Ritual two years ago I was pleasantly surprised that a download of "Return of the Shamatari" had been included. "Return of the Shamatari" was a digital album released via Meat Hook Butchery and, in my opinion, is a more entrancing listening experience than "Nudo E Salvaggio". Five tracks all ranging between 17:00 and 24:00 minutes. Classic CR wall...deep, fuzzy, backbreaking crunch with bass frequencies boiling deep underneath. As always, the atmosphere of these pieces are flawless...I know that most of his material is recorded live through an amplifier on a concrete floor (if my memory serves me right I read that tidbit in an interview) and although the mixes are low-fi the album never loses clarity. These recordings can transport a listener deep into the uncharted tropical forests of man, a place of total savagery, and how it must feel to be hiding in the thick swamps, listening to cannibal tribes maneuver the brush on their search for a fresh meal. This is how unmoving HNW should be made. One of the best wall releases of all time from the best wall artist of all time.

*NOTE: While on the subject of Cannibal Ritual, the "Nudo E Salvaggio" DC came in a deep red DVD case with a classic digital collage featuring stills from various 70's exploitation films. On the inside came a printed CD, the download code for "Return of the Shamatari", and a brilliant wood-burned Cannibal Ritual plaque.*

Fixation "Demo II" CS

Quality Tasmanian Black Metal/Punk hybrid from members of Carved Cross, Fetish Ritual, Blackline, Forgotten Citadel of Spirits, etc. The first demo that was released last year featured similar characteristics (fast, chaotic Black Metal thrown through a punk filter courtesy of the bombastic drum performance and fast vocal delivery), and this tape took that foundation and has built upon it. For folks that do not usually enjoy "black punk", this may be a tape that will become your exception! It's abrasive, the vocal performance is frightening (high-pitched BM vocals with a throatiness akin to Consumer Electronics...it sounds like there is a slight tremolo/reverb but after inquiring to the band I was informed that there are no vocal effects on these recordings), the riffs are not traditional Ildjarn "Forest Poetry" emulations but instead sound much darker, with simple and loud drums pushing their way into the mix. The A-side features the entire unit (and a Paisley Skins cover) whereas the B-side are two short instrumentals. Brilliant material from start to finish...I've played this tape dozens of times in the very short period I have owned it! For fans of the Black Metal/Punk hybrids, this is for you, and for those of you who have felt underwhelmed by contemporaries in the style, this may be a breath of fresh air.

ConcreteMascara

Hydrophobia - Human Shredder (CD) - an excellent mixture of brutal death metal and grindcore with goregrind imagery and lyrics. This japanese band knows how to write some catchy riffs and grooves. I especially dig the track "Brutal ! Dead ! Grind !".

Force - Force (CD) - deathgrind side project of japanese bands Hellchild and Multiplex. Solid stuff with burly production and Hellchild's unmistakable vocals. Nothing mandatory but still quite enjoyable.

Anatomia - Decaying in Obscurity (2xLP) - this album continues to grow on me. Easily my favorite release by the band, the addition of minimal keyboards and horror samples combined with the dead body crawl pace really makes this one something special.

And otherwise ive had the new unreleased Concrete Mascara material on repeat. :p
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

aischrolatreia

Umpio- Spiritual Cancer
Not quite what I was expecting (which is good), much more restrained and spacious sounds than say the absolute electronic storm that is the opium electronix set. still great claustrophobic harsh moments. This easily (maybe exceeds) with some of the best known tape/junk noise out there. No hype? No porn? No problem. Maybe some of my favorite graphics from Si Clark as well.

Karjalan Sissit- Want You Dead
Great new album, more emphasis on physical/junk sounds, and vocals harder than ever. Cassette format is really great for this kind of thing. Unfortunately missed their performance here on sunday so had to settle for drinking at home listening to this.

Menacing 84- s/t
Great tape, not reminding me of "heavy electronics" as described by a distributor but rather rotten Streicher-esque sprawl . Great sample splice of "TAKBIR!" and "Sieg Heil!" at the end of side A. Hope more comes from this project.

Nife Junger- Gallows of Lust
On loan from a friend, strange project of Ulex Xane(?). Interesting to listen to this next to Streicher. Way abstract stuff. You can recognize some of the same hi pitch synth tones as used on some tracks from Der Sturmer/Hammerskins.

Liver Mortis- "Todenlust", "Pleasure ground/Master Coming b/w The ideal Pain forms" (unlim edition)
I was late to the TF/PE party, but fuck me this is good rotten PE from the US. On the quest to track down whatever I can now.