PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

I've got one of the old BattleTech books with all sorts of different mechs in it actually.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FreakAnimalFinland

Was listening "In the battle there is no law" last weekend at friends place. I have the LP, but haven't listened it for.. 10 years? I think together with Peel Sessions, it's the absolute best of Bolt Thrower!

BLOOD AXIS "ultimacy" CD
Storm/Tesco
I think my car stereos refuse to play this due 76 minutes playing time? Nice compilation of all the rare and "misc" tracks scattered on various smaller releases. Only thing what I could complain is that for relatively pricey Storm label CD, it feels little annoying that instead of booklet, cover says "for detailed history of tracks visit bloodaxis.com"... yeah. Liner notes would have been nice in compilation.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Matthias

Blodvite - Renad I Eld Tape (Styggelse)
New industrial noise from Gothenburg which is getting really good. Perfect soundproduction that reeks of the Utmarken coldness. The calmer parts reminds me of Ättestupas more non-instrumental sections, with a similar eerie ambience. Compared to the Hämnaren release which was put out earlier this year, it's pretty hard to draw a winner. Solid stuff. Live Blodvite brought some truly nasty vibes to the table, can't wait to see what the future holds here.

Vatican Shadow - Pakistan Military Academy 2xTape (Hospital)
Mellow atmospheric synthlines paired up with drumbeats. Bareboned and stripped down. Not much happens here, but it's quite enjoyable. You can easily hear connections with parts the latest Prurient album. First half of the A-side was somewhat weak, but then it's just gets better and better. I recall earlier VS material having more heavy and "dirtier" beats, and that is something i kind of miss on this release.

Ashley Choke

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on September 21, 2011, 02:17:29 PM
Quote from: AC on September 21, 2011, 01:33:53 PM
analog version of BDN

Do you mean BDN would be digital in some way?

Not computer digital but gear digital. One of the albums, can't remember which has a equipment list. Mostly digital delays and synths/samplers. Not that it subtracts from the actual greatness of BDN. Aforementioned Assault Guard is just more hissing tape analog sounding but with similar vibe as Greatest Death-era BDN

GEWALTMONOPOL

It seems people often have a warped sense of analogue vs digital. I once saw a discussion where people talked about "analogue samplers". What the fuck is an analogue sampler?
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

NNERVES

Core - 'An Area's Era Aria '
A.B.G.S. - 'Bunkerbeschallung'
Krang - 'Krang'

RyanWreck

Quote from: Nyodene D on September 21, 2011, 09:18:20 PM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on September 21, 2011, 06:03:07 PM

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal - Not as good as Realm of Chaos or In Battle... but way better than the few albums preceding it.

Bolt Thrower: Come for the Warhammer artwork, stay for the death metal.

One of my new nerdy roommate's has the largest collection of the Tomb skeleton army (or whatever the fuck they are called) and Lizardmen. And he has 4 different, really awesome looking tables with terrain and shit. It was probably one of the main reasons I picked him out of other potential roommates.

bitewerksMTB

The Fucking Wrath- a 5 song ep I can't remember the name of
Mania/Hal Hutchinson split- Hal's side is like having a junkyard piled on top of you

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: NERVES on September 23, 2011, 06:08:41 PM

One of my favorite albums. What do you think about it? I don't know of any projects today that even comes close to the atmosphere on this recording. Maybe some works by Niellerande Fallibilisthorstar, but Core captures something very uniquely "german" and alienated.

catharticprocess

Sean McCann - Leave Today CD
Kevin Drumm - Ghybbrish 2xCD
Kevin Drumm - Organ CD (from Necro Acoustic box set)
The Rita - Bodies Bear Traces Of Carnal Violence CD
The Rita - Thousands of Dead Gods CD
Damion Romero - Negative CD
Phill Niblock - G2,44+/x2 CD
Phill Niblock - Touch Strings 2xCD
Sewer Election - Vidöppna Sår CS
Sewer Election - Sänkt CS
Aaron Dilloway - Hiss Nausea CD
Aube - Frequency for Collapse CS
Aube - Métal De Métal CD

Progressive tinnitus

Stridulum

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 22, 2011, 10:05:32 AM
Was listening "In the battle there is no law" last weekend at friends place. I have the LP, but haven't listened it for.. 10 years? I think together with Peel Sessions, it's the absolute best of Bolt Thrower!

I don't agree. "Realm Of Chaos" is the absolute perfection when it comes to Bolt Thrower, starting from the AMAZING Warhammer 40K artwork. In battle there might be no law, but in "Realm Of Chaos" there is no flaw!

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on September 21, 2011, 06:03:07 PM
Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal - Not as good as Realm of Chaos or In Battle... but way better than the few albums preceding it.

And to me "Those Once Loyal" stands as the second best Bolt Thrower record ever. After the last few "average" albums (for Bolt Thrower standards, which are higher than most), I sincerely didn't think they had another good one into them, but boy was I wrong. This slays from start to finish.

By the way, those guys are killer live. Had to fly to London last year to see them (they played Italy like once in 20 years!), but they did an amazing gig, well worth the trip.

NNERVES

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on September 23, 2011, 08:20:42 PM
Quote from: NERVES on September 23, 2011, 06:08:41 PM

One of my favorite albums. What do you think about it? I don't know of any projects today that even comes close to the atmosphere on this recording. Maybe some works by Niellerande Fallibilisthorstar, but Core captures something very uniquely "german" and alienated.

Really glad somebody else on here is so fond of it! I think its a fantastic recording that people who are into this sort of thing really should check out. It contains pretty much every element I could hope for in an ambient industrial record perfectly blended together and executed, and they along with Cranioclast are easily amongst my favorite bands/projects of all time. I agree with you as well that there is almost nothing contemporary that captures a similar feeling, and I can't personally think of anyone from back then that explored similar terrain with nearly as much depth and focus either. Niellerande Fallibilisthorstar is definitely in the same head space and have a similar approach, good call on that. Maybe if they and Thomas Köner collaborated or remixed each others material the results could be as great as 'An Area's Era Aria'.

pontifx