PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy vomit

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 09, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
Quote from: andy vomit on November 09, 2011, 08:37:49 PM
DEATH SQUAD - isolation as intent / out-patient / theological genocide

Recently re-issued by artists, but as CDR's. Packaging like before, but discs are cdr..

those are actually the ones i got.  they're "pro"-cdr's, so it doesn't bother me. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Ashley Choke

Sexual Assault Rifle - One Sided 12"
Jonathan Canady and Girlfriend(I presume?) Blown out synth jams. Like Redrot or MB in a big cathedral. Plenty of layers and authentic modular sounding movement. Horrible artwork, never been much of a fan of the American Tapes aesthetic, prefer the dark, more tight visuals of similar labels like Hanson or AA, but this really is the worst I've seen from the Olson camp yet. Great release nonetheless

MSBR/Richard Ramirez - Negative / Offensive LP
Classic Harsh Noise, both sides are fantastic. Discovering material bearing resemblance to you own output is a always strange affair. At some point during the MSBR side I could swear I was listening to some of my own recordings as Pussyfooter/1188, right down to the slowed down tape ending of the side

Tenebracid

morder machine - deathshow cs
morder machine - happy birthdeath cs
murder corporation - disturbance 2xcs
jay chattaway - maniac ost lp
vladislav delay - demo(n) tracks cd
hive mind - elemental disgrace lp
mattin - exquisite corpse lp
lou reed & metallica - lulu cd

Levas

Various – Red Syndrome - Act.1: 1966-1976 - didn't like the compilation..

Streicher
reissues. Who could tell me what's the piano track in the "Honour" track. I'm zero at classical music. thanks

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Some fresh blood from DRONE RECORDS distribution..

N - GAGER do-LP Denovali Records - very good experimental ambient. Nice package... It seems very rare item...
BRIGHTER DEATH NOW - Very little Fun 4 x LP-Box Cold Meat Industry - great, as usually. Beautiful edition.
BRUME - Glossy Black Fruits MC Blossoming MC - very good bruitism, mixed industrial with academic ideas.
BRUME & KOMMISSAR HJULER & FRAU - Salicylat MC Blossoming Noise - As like above.
COLUMN ONE - NO ONE BOX-set 90% Wasser WVINYL016 - Killer stuff. After LAIBACH (from VOD) the second reissue in this year.
CRAWL UNIT - Chime Vortex MC Banned Production - Very nice. Old love will never die to this project.  
DOULEURFANTOME / NATURE MORTE - When Trees fall down MC Reue um Reue - one of the most interesting, new musique concrete/ambient music record. Recommends.
John DUNCAN / MICHAEL ESPOSITO / Z'EV - There must be a Way across this River / The Abject LP - Very good. Interesting mix-up all artist's styles.
MAEROR TRI - Mind-Reversal CD Infinite Fog. Nothing new. I have got old cassette but not too much good music from  CD.
O'ROURKE, JIM & CHRISTOPH HEEMANN - Plastic Palace People Vol. 2 CD Streamline - in my opinion one of the best organic ambient music. Classic though the first time revealed.
PACIFIC 231 "1983-86 Compendium" do-CD Functional Organisation - industrial avant-garde music in its power and glory. Reminiscences came back. Now few years younger :)
REPETITION/DISTRACT - Old Weevil Neighbourhood MC - great stuff. Sweet experimental postindustrial.
SAND - Desert Navigation CD Rotorelief  - not so much good like classic stuff from 70s but worth to buy.
THROBBING GRISTLE - D.O.A. - The Third and Final Report do-CD Industrial Records. - music still the same, my feelings still strong... great reissue
THROBBING GRISTLE - The Second Annual Report do-CD Industrial Records - as like above.
VIVENZA - Realite de l'automation directe CD Rotorelief - it was only cassette which I haven't heard before. No surprises.  Heaven in ears.

STREETMEAT

IRM-Indications Of Nigredo

Genocide Organ-Under - Kontrakt

Genocide Organ-:Leichenlinie:

Control-Live At Troniksfest II

bitewerksMTB

PORTAL swarth 2LP- nice package but before 3rd side was done, I was bored. wish they'd throw in some contrasting sounds into the riffing & vocals. Probably will never give it another listen. really nice cover but looks like if you stuff the 2 rec's into it, you'll never get'em out!

nyarluna

Nicole 12 - Black Line

Massive sound, superior vocals, haunting treated samples.  Listened twice today already, will be keeping this at the top of the playlist for a while.

RyanWreck

Quote from: nyarluna on November 11, 2011, 07:12:36 AM
Nicole 12 - Black Line

Massive sound, superior vocals, haunting treated samples.  Listened twice today already, will be keeping this at the top of the playlist for a while.

I've been meaning to give this a proper review. It's a great piece of P.E. and one of the "examples" that I exhibit to friends who don't listen to or understand Noise/P.E.

Today:

Crown of Cerberus - Awakening (Anabolic Dimensions, 2011) - Hail the crown! Tape loops decaying together en masse, really unique stuff. I haven't heard too much mangled tape loop action this well done in awhile. Most of the material I would even compare this too would be stuff from the late 80's, nothing from this decade really touches the same nerves. "Sea Leviathan" with it's very lo-fi beginning and wet, crumbling sounds is the stand out piece. "Songs of Glory and Might" is a sleepy, creeping meditation that feels like it will break apart or explode at any second, tension stringing you along. Good.

Pogrom - Live (Filth & Violence, 2011) - Pogrom has a stand out sound, definitely. It is a mixture of many sounds and I know it gets compared to Grunt most often and I can see that but Pogrom has a distinct difference in style, which is great because you don't want another Grunt worship tape. Loads of crude rumbling synth tones manipulated in a handful of different ways, broken back and forth through pedals until nothing is left. Drones underneath add dimension to the sound and dominating shouted vocals, sometimes also shaped and molded in a number of ways, echo out and hound at you through your speakers.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 06, 2011, 12:21:26 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 04, 2011, 06:34:59 PM
CCCC "Early Works" 4xCD box
Remaining 2 discs wait for near days!
Disc #3 follow equally strong. some good vocal shrieks and damn the 2nd track of disc again monstrous near half hour monolith!

Finally the 4th disc... Phantasmagoria tape is also live from CCCC, but the sound is far more noisier and harsh than previous 3 CD's. It's very sharp and clear and starts to step further from psychedelic into more distorted noise. 2nd track - is kind of out of place from the box. But the story is curious:
Back in '97 or so, I approach CCCC for making Alchemy of the 20th Century/Jalopaz/CCCC 3-way cd, which would stand as Freak Animal's debut CD release. Back in those days, making CD's wasn't as easy as it is now. So, I have 3 bands, 3 separate masters, on normal C-cassette as well as DAT tapes. It's either about sending these to pressing plant and getting charged shitloads for them to adjust final master and doing pressing... Or me taking train to next city to studio, which had this amazing brand new technology called CDR burner! Well... I go there, and he transfers Alchemy... stuff on DAT and gives all 3 dats to his subcontract guy who has the amazing CDR burner. Discs at the time cost 80 finnish markka each. Of course this c. 13 euro price doesn't seem THAT huge now, but it was totally beyond the expectations. Burning happened 1:1 speed and in other location, so I just left back home and waited pre-master CDR to arrive. When it arrives, Alchemy of the 20th Century tracks were all distorted. Everything had this overdrive blown up sound. Other 2 bands were perfect. I called studio and asked what the fuck? They said they will make new transfer and burn new disc. I get the new master some days later. Alchemy sounds just like it should. I listen like 3 minutes of other tracks and confirm it ok and rush master to post office and pressing.
After mailing out almost all copies, including free copies and the co-releasing labels copies, some weeks later I get letter from CCCC asking to stop selling CD since in middle of this long track one of the channels goes mute.. At that moment I no longer even have more than handful left... but fuck....   My utmost rookie mistake of not ACTUALLY listening the master through. Since the previous disc was just perfect from their part. I didn't think there could be any mistake. When you think why not listen entire 60 min disc - who's in such a hurry? This is what I ask myself.
Well, for more than decade I had the DAT master in my possession and when No Fun was making this box, I asked if he has any blank space there, why not throw this recording and finally publish it "as it was meant". So here we are. It's kind of out of place, being recorded possibly... 1996? At least released in 1997. CCCC reduced as duo and much more harsh and less psychedelic. It's good to see it out, and it's good that also last disc of box is full length. Not just one live set. But still.. slightly out of place in chronology.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 14, 2011, 09:40:21 AM
After mailing out almost all copies, including free copies and the co-releasing labels copies, some weeks later I get letter from CCCC asking to stop selling CD since in middle of this long track one of the channels goes mute.. At that moment I no longer even have more than handful left... but fuck....   My utmost rookie mistake of not ACTUALLY listening the master through. Since the previous disc was just perfect from their part. I didn't think there could be any mistake. When you think why not listen entire 60 min disc - who's in such a hurry? This is what I ask myself.

I have one of those copies. I bought it somewhere in early 2000s during an industrial festival in Poland. I remember my surprising at home when I heard this faded channel. And then I thought that it was  premeditated action:)

Ashmonger

Genocide Organ - Remember (2CD, Tesco Organisation): Just listened to the second CD. Again, good stuff, but some tracks I don't like, such as Painful Corpse.

Militia - Power! Propaganda! Production (CD, Neuropa): Well, this is a diverse album, that will need more listenings to fully sink. But there's definately good stuff on it. Some of these industrial rythms are really good! However, maybe it's me, but sometimes it gets an even exotic atmosphere. Not necessarily bad, but rather odd for an industrial act, if you ask me. The packaging looks good as well, but when I saw the digibox, I expected more than just a small poster and a 4-page booklet...

Jarl

Genocide Organ - Remember (2CD, Tesco Organisation): Just listened to the second CD. Again, good stuff, but some tracks I don't like, such as Painful Corpse.

Militia - Power! Propaganda! Production (CD, Neuropa): Well, this is a diverse album, that will need more listenings to fully sink. But there's definately good stuff on it. Some of these industrial rythms are really good! However, maybe it's me, but sometimes it gets an even exotic atmosphere. Not necessarily bad, but rather odd for an industrial act, if you ask me. The packaging looks good as well, but when I saw the digibox, I expected more than just a small poster and a 4-page booklet

I can't see or hear what's bad about Painful corpse, I think that track is brilliant.

Ashmonger

Quote from: Jarl on November 14, 2011, 09:59:09 PMI can't see or hear what's bad about Painful corpse, I think that track is brilliant.
Well, I definately have to play it again, but I didn't like the beats in that track. It's not that I think beats in PE are bad, but I didn't like those beats in that track... But maybe some more turns might change my view.

Levas

Will over Matter - The Lust for Knowledge - Comparing with Might of the Planet Eater - this one's an excellent album. Truly interesting, original and more colorful than the aforementioned Might.. Weird industrial project and release, but I like what I hear very much.