PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

Quote from: RyanWreck on February 13, 2012, 07:18:52 PM
Speaking of Leviathan is Wrest still in Jail for beating and tattoo gun fucking his girlfriend?

No, he's out and already recorded & released a new Leviathan album (True Traitor, True Whore). I just ordered the tape from Profound Lore and will hopefully receive it this week.

I read on some forum a few months ago that the accusations against him were false and charges were dropped. Apparently the woman in question is a nutcase with a history of making false claims against boyfriends.

Look what the postman had for me today:

Altar of Flies - Let New Life Rise In The Face of Death tape
Pogrom - Multicultural Degeneration tape
Unclean - Obsceneties tape
S.T.A.B. Electronics - The Non Alliant II lp
Grunt - Ritual of Mortality tape

gonna be a good day of listening to new shit!

bogskaggmannen

GROUNDHOGS "Hogwash", "Split" & "Thank Christ For The Bomb" LPs.

RG

Quote from: Si Clark on February 13, 2012, 10:06:06 PM
That's a fine package to receive. Especially S.T.A.B. Electronics LP. I haven't really heard much response about it, it's a great album/2nd part.

I've only given it one spin so far and it was on in the background while I did some shit around my place so I wasn't giving it total attention, but I liked side B better than A. The long track was really good. I'm gonna have to sit down and listen to both vinyls back to back sometime soon.

Just listened to the Pogrom tape. Holy fuck! Fantastic album.

RyanWreck

That STAB LP is great. I enjoyed the whole thing but the standout tracks were "Cannot Stop Myself" and "Unlust". Unclean I have talked about at length and did an interview with so I think everyone knows my opinions on that, I love "Manwoman".

JHT

Ryoji Ikeda - Matrix

This is very physical almost headache-giving experience. Album uses mostly just sharp-pitched pulsing sounds with very minimal and slow variation but sound pattern changes according to your position in room. So it's quite eerie three-dimensional ambient music. Would probably produce even more interesting experience in bigger room than just in my quite tiny living room.

RG

Quote from: RyanWreck on February 13, 2012, 10:54:34 PM
That STAB LP is great. I enjoyed the whole thing but the standout tracks were "Cannot Stop Myself" and "Unlust".

That's the first one. I really liked "My Daddy Fucked Me and I Liked It".

Clark and I were referring to the new one, part II.

RyanWreck

Oh I didn't even know that was out yet! Haven't been paying enough attention lately I suppose. That's great news.

audiodissection

Lebensfaden self released C30's
Lebensfaden "Die Vollendete Schonheit"
Tongue Knax "Sarcomerge"
Grunt "Ritual Of Mortality" C30
Slogun/Sickness "Always Numb/The Scars Of Happiness" 2x3"cdr
V.D. "Venereal Lust" 2xCDr
Macronympha "Pittsburgh, PA" C47
Sutcliffe Jugend "Archive 4" 4xCDr boxset

ARKHE

MASTER'S HAMMER - Vracejte konve na místo
TANGERINE DREAM - Phaedra

Matthias

Laxative Souls 2xCD (Trash Ritual)
Oscillating Innards - Nadir Emergence CD (Troniks)
Folke Rabe - What? CD (Dexters Cigar)

ConcreteMascara

Sinoia Caves - The Enchanter Persuaded (CD)
Drone/synth/psych stuff. Nothing amazing but pleasant enough. Good soundtrack for PK Dick reading.

STROM.ec / Irikarah - Arma Christi (LP)
I've listened to this many times. Some of STROM.ec's strongest material I think. The Irikarah side has grown on me over time too.

Deathprod - Morals And Dogma (CD)
I'm still hearing new things on this album. I've probably listened to it at least 100 times.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Xenophobic Ejaculation - Vala - This one starts off with a bang. "Jugend" is probably one of the best XE tracks recorded to date. There is a bit more going on here than on previous material yet it is still very minimal, still stripped down and straight forward PE still in the vein of Come Org. There is less high-end on this first track which is fine with me. It actually feels as if the latest Snuff offering (the II LP) sounded more like XE and Vala leans more towards early Snuff material. Or is it just me? "Vala (Oath)" is an updated recording of the track from their White Power tape, field recordings and rough feedback (there's the high end!) are the culprits here. The second tape is pretty boring. And the thing is I usually love spoken word/samples/speeches/field recordings/victim tapes/etc but this just comes off as apathetic, lifeless and lacking any depth. Whereas sample heavy material like Sotos' Buyers Market, some Broken Flag comps and some of the mid-era Taint stuff (just to name a few) are sometimes edited or manipulated, the artist might collage multiple samples in one long track, sometimes these may contain some background Noise, etc. The speeches found here on Vala are just that, almost 40 minutes of nothing but straight forward speeches/field recordings that aren't very exciting themselves. And I wonder why these samples? They don't seem to patch a story together with the rest of the cassette or stay coherent with the material other than it being of the same subject matter and dealing with the KKK. I do wonder what they are meant to express when considered as a whole. Which is strange because I consider Pasi to be one of the better modern Noise/PE artists and he always has expressed ideas and content very well in his material and art. I will definitely be listening to the first tape again but I think the second tape is a one time novelty.

bogskaggmannen

DOGPOP "Jahrmarkt der verlorenen kinder" CD (Zaetraum/UMB) - Nods both to old german synth and more comtemporary experimental hip-hop-stylings even. There are however quite a lot of tracks that seem to go nowhere, the better ones are also the most distinct, so more like 50% perfekt maybe? Tracks like "Riesenrad" and "Hörst du?" are standout. Interesting to hear what herrn Anenzephalia and Thorofon are doing besides their other projects.

NOVY SVÊT "Là-Bas(s) communion" + "Siderant - A beat monkey meditation" MCDs (Nekofotschata) - I'm partial to NS, but this is some of their best works, varied in catchy- & slow-dark-degree, works great with a glass of Margerita and late evenings. Now I need to listen to their last (?), completely electronic LP again.

Ashley Choke

Genocide Organ - Leichenlinie + Anenzaphalia "42 min CD on Death Factory"
Picked these up a couple of days ago, been on constant rotation since. Opposed to what I was expecting Anenzaphalia is actually what has made the biggest impression yet. But both are so damn good. When I was younger and more into Industrial I somehow unwillingly managed to avoid both projects. To be honest I think that actually might have been a good thing haha

Le Syndicat - Corrumpate
So fierce and strong, the subtle vocals and the at times quite advanced looping is totally beyond compare. Quite an inspiration nowadays

Streicher - War Without End
Album that deserves more praise than it gets. Totally uncompromising and unique, at times this sounds more like a Hanson tape than a PE record. From the war torn intro to the insane livetrack ending this is pure joy for me. Surely an inspiration also ATM, just reread the extensive equipment list and to my surpise the faulty Melos Echo Chamber that my recordings has been based around lately is also present here.

Macronympha - Diseased Erotica + Sex And Death 7"s
Four short bursts of newer era Macro, at least one side has D.Fernov involved. Quite good but somehow lacking what makes all the 90's material so essential. Overall more electronic sounding than back in the day. Someone(Sam!) Really should do a book on Macronympha

implicitruin

V/A "Bruitiste", 2xLP (RRRecords)
feat. Vivenza, Esplendor Geométrico, Étant Donnés, P16.D4

Étant Donnés:
The first track almost gave me an impression of an industrialized Moëvöt, probably due to the language and some of the sonic structures.
Whispers, screams, field recordings, loops... with a certain nocturnal feeling to it. The following tracks also resemble this style, with additional variations.

Esplendor Geométrico:
An epitome of old school industrial, I guess one could say? My introduction to this act. Rhythms galore; drum machines, distortion, electronics...
Minimalist and somewhat mechanical. This material shares some similarities with stuff on XX Committee's "Network", albeit more frenzied in general.

Vivenza:
Tremendous! The tracks are more varied than a lot of his other works, featuring vocal samples and even some music, which I assume are related to
the ideas of Bruitism. Another feature, different from other Vivenza recordings, is that there are a lot of fairly sudden changes in sounds.
First one machinal sound source, then another, then yet another, sometimes cut-up, sometimes leaping into each other, all in a continuous flow.

P16.D4:
Starts off with very minimalist loops and continues that way for the most part. Totally cut-up in style. Occasional machinal and metal junk sounds
make an entrance, but are quickly cut to something else. A mellow synth irregularly surfaces. Bleak, yet powerful. A good way to end this compilation.

Arkhe "It is the curse of dimensionality", TAPE (Järtecknet)
Resurrected from the ashes of Pestdemon. While the "Helvetesljuset" LP had a rather refined compositional touch, Arkhe instead subjects the listener
to a more stripped down approach. Labeled "death electronics", this is an excursion into quite minimalist soundscapes. Subtle rythms, crumbling synths,
dismal movements... A C20, this tape leaves a taste for more. Looking forward to hearing upcoming material!