Previous topic - Next topic

HONOR_IS_KING!

Alleypisser "Glemt" CS
Sewer Election "Vittra Sönder" LP
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

ConcreteMascara

Vatican Shadow - Washington Buries al-Qaeda Leaders At Sea - Deck 1-3 (cassette) - I'd almost say that this is soothing
Behexen - By the Blessing of Satan (CD) - soo good.
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter (LP) - in my book, this LP has classic status. I've listened to it so many times, I know all these songs in and out.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

RyanWreck

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on March 22, 2012, 05:45:07 PM
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter (LP) - in my book, this LP has classic status. I've listened to it so many times, I know all these songs in and out.

Me too. This album, Taint's Justmeat are two albums I know every second of.

Today:

Total Slayer Hell Awaits era worship from the UK. It sounds so much like it in the tone and angular style melodies Slayer used, you could probably trick someone into thinking these are B-sides from HA if it wasn't for the vocals which still are very reminiscent of Tom's growling, fast shouts. Slayer did this sound 4 years before these guys did and were already changing their style up to the fast as fuck stuff we would come to know them for by the time this came out (1989) so with that being said, if you like early Slayer like I do you will like this, this album is pretty fucking solid.

bitewerksMTB

Forza Albino- Mot cs (such a great tape! sure hope they're planning on a new rel or an LP soon)

Zeno Marx

Quote from: RyanWreck on March 22, 2012, 06:39:48 PM
Total Slayer Hell Awaits era worship from the UK. It sounds so much like it in the tone and angular style melodies Slayer used, you could probably trick someone into thinking these are B-sides from HA if it wasn't for the vocals which still are very reminiscent of Tom's growling, fast shouts. Slayer did this sound 4 years before these guys did and were already changing their style up to the fast as fuck stuff we would come to know them for by the time this came out (1989) so with that being said, if you like early Slayer like I do you will like this, this album is pretty fucking solid.
I listened to this today because of my great reverence for Hell Awaits, and I'd never heard this album.  For split seconds at a time, particularly when the double-bass drops into the mix, I got the gist of what you're saying, but musically, I had to reach for it beyond those reflexive moments.  The vocalist does finish his lines like Araya, so that seems like a stronger connexion to Hell Awaits.  B-sides is too forgiving.  Maybe a 3rd tier bar band into Slayer would be more appropriate?  I'm grateful you pointed it out.  It was a fun listen.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

XXX

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on March 22, 2012, 05:45:07 PM
Sick Seed - The Great Corrupter (LP)

along with

Streicher -    Legion St. George CD
Trait - Inspirationals CD
XE - SS Wikings CS

crude masters at their finest.

kettu

Diagram A- HUMAN X.S tape
cool band good tape. a fairly recent discovery for me but im glad I came across it.

other: neil hamburger stuff and old time texas string bands vol1 and vol 2

ConcreteMascara

I've never listened to Diagram A's recorded material, but live he's really great. He's got some very interesting gear set ups.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

audiodissection

Controlled Bleeding - Plegm Bag Spattered - CD
Incapacitants - Sec End - CD
Mauthausen Orchestra - Anal Perversion - LP
Prurient/Gasolineman - split - k7
Cracksteel - Blood Purge - k7
The New Blockaders - Antinomia II - 7"  fucking jesus, ordered one copy from UK and it went lost, bought another one directly from R.Rupenus and again lost. Had to buy a third one (!!!) and finally put my hands on this masterpiece.

audiodissection

Quote from: kettu on March 23, 2012, 02:36:31 PM
Diagram A- HUMAN X.S tape
cool band good tape. a fairly recent discovery for me but im glad I came across it.

other: neil hamburger stuff and old time texas string bands vol1 and vol 2

i enjoy a lot his works. Check out the killer "Guts:Render" tape if you can still find it somewhere

RyanWreck

Quote from: Zeno Marx on March 23, 2012, 05:14:29 AM
I listened to this today because of my great reverence for Hell Awaits, and I'd never heard this album.  For split seconds at a time, particularly when the double-bass drops into the mix, I got the gist of what you're saying, but musically, I had to reach for it beyond those reflexive moments.  The vocalist does finish his lines like Araya, so that seems like a stronger connexion to Hell Awaits.  B-sides is too forgiving.  Maybe a 3rd tier bar band into Slayer would be more appropriate?  I'm grateful you pointed it out.  It was a fun listen.

Sorry for getting your hopes up. "Worship" bands are very subjective. I have heard a million suggestions for something that sounds similar to Sodom's "Obsessed by Cruelty" (one of my all time favorite records) and I have yet to find one that truly has it. I admit that out of the three Slayer albums I own (and the only ones I really like) which are Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and Reign In Blood (and Live Undead but that doesn't count) I have listened to HA the least and when I read reviews about Anihiliated everyone said "Slayer worship" or "this is totally Hell Awaits part 2" so my opinion was colored from the get go. I will re-listen and re-evaluate.

Have you heard Suicidal Angels (fucking dumb name)? It's one of the billion "revival" bands popping up but from what I hear everyone is saying they play exactly like Slayer so maybe check them out too. I have only heard about half of one of their albums, "Sanctify the Darkness" and I would agree to an extent that the riffing, that angular type "melody" I mentioned earlier and Kings occasional frantic leads can be found here and there. I really don't like many "neo-Thrash" bands though so it might not be best to take advice from me when it comes to that.

AA

lately been listening to

Hostage Pageant
Golden Rain - 2010
Bizarre Uproar - Viha & Kiima
Streetmeat/Respirators - Split
Streetmeat/Ashley C - Split

Zeno Marx

Quote from: RyanWreck on March 23, 2012, 10:21:10 PM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on March 23, 2012, 05:14:29 AM

Sorry for getting your hopes up. "Worship" bands are very subjective. I have heard a million suggestions for something that sounds similar to Sodom's "Obsessed by Cruelty" (one of my all time favorite records) and I have yet to find one that truly has it. I admit that out of the three Slayer albums I own (and the only ones I really like) which are Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and Reign In Blood (and Live Undead but that doesn't count) I have listened to HA the least and when I read reviews about Anihiliated everyone said "Slayer worship" or "this is totally Hell Awaits part 2" so my opinion was colored from the get go. I will re-listen and re-evaluate.

Have you heard Suicidal Angels (fucking dumb name)? It's one of the billion "revival" bands popping up but from what I hear everyone is saying they play exactly like Slayer so maybe check them out too. I have only heard about half of one of their albums, "Sanctify the Darkness" and I would agree to an extent that the riffing, that angular type "melody" I mentioned earlier and Kings occasional frantic leads can be found here and there. I really don't like many "neo-Thrash" bands though so it might not be best to take advice from me when it comes to that.
I have not heard Suicide Angels.

Which version of Obsessed by Cruelty do you prefer?  I ask because the Metal Blade mix is a mess.  It sounds like everyone is playing different songs.  They were always known to be inept musicians, but this album and mix is special.  I'm not knocking it.  It's the one I prefer, and I'm a big ObC fan.  What I don't know is if Metal Blade fixed the mix when they digitized it.  I don't know what the CD versions sound like.  Back then, there could be big differences between the LP and CD.  Kreator's Pleasure to Kill is an album that suffered greatly when they transferred it.  One of the all-time grittiest, sandy, filthiest guitar recordings, and the CD does it no justice.  I'm not talking remasters here from the 90s and 2000s.  The original Noise CDs are nowhere near as great as the LPs.  Same goes for Reign in Blood and Hell Awaits, but Reign in Blood more.  Back to ObC...I remember when I was told there was more than one mix and then hearing it.  That remix didn't have nearly the spirit the other does for me.  I wouldn't bother looking for another ObC if you like that Metal Blade mix.  There's no possible way anyone could ape that.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

RyanWreck

Quote from: RyanWreck

I have not heard Suicide Angels.

Which version of Obsessed by Cruelty do you prefer?  I ask because the Metal Blade mix is a mess.  It sounds like everyone is playing different songs.  They were always known to be inept musicians, but this album and mix is special.  I'm not knocking it.  It's the one I prefer, and I'm a big ObC fan.  What I don't know is if Metal Blade fixed the mix when they digitized it.  I don't know what the CD versions sound like.  Back then, there could be big differences between the LP and CD.  Kreator's Pleasure to Kill is an album that suffered greatly when they transferred it.  One of the all-time grittiest, sandy, filthiest guitar recordings, and the CD does it no justice.  I'm not talking remasters here from the 90s and 2000s.  The original Noise CDs are nowhere near as great as the LPs.  Same goes for Reign in Blood and Hell Awaits, but Reign in Blood more.  Back to ObC...I remember when I was told there was more than one mix and then hearing it.  That remix didn't have nearly the spirit the other does for me.  I wouldn't bother looking for another ObC if you like that Metal Blade mix.  There's no possible way anyone could ape that.
[/quote]

I have both but like you I prefer the Steamhammer (Euro) release a lot more. It has 2 extra tracks as well, can't beat that. I made a post exactly asking this questions on another forum and look at the fucking dumb responses I got:

http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=12826

How can someone not tell the difference or "not care"? They are very different.

FreakAnimalFinland

SUTCLIFFE JUGEND "Blue Rabbit" CD
Crucial Blast

Fuck!! Just what I hoped in SI7 whole reviewing "with extreme prejudice" CD, happens here. I mean the positive things. I recall mentioning how SJ now is at their best when they calm down into textured experimental sound with spoken vocals. When they simply reject the attempt to try to be noisy, since they can't really make it that well anymore. But THIS they can. I think easily the best SJ album since the early days! Don't expect noisy power electronics. Expect calm, yet detailed and organic dark experimental sound!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net