PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley Choke

Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on February 24, 2013, 06:11:13 AM
GUNS N ROSES - The Spaghetti Incident - I don't think this is highly thought of by either the band or their fans but it's a hilarious and amazing collection of bizarre punk cover versions from a band at the extreme edge of cocaine psychosis. In bargain bins everywhere, check this demented shit out!

Heh, that's a pretty spot on description. One of my alltime favorite bands, but def not my fav LP by them. Might have to give it a second listen, its been a long long time.

online prowler

G.I.S.M. - Subj and Egos, Chopped

slowmotion grimness.

Mikerdeath

Quote from: online prowler on February 13, 2013, 11:52:06 PM
Von
Satanic Blood (demo 1992)
US BM like it should be. Stripped and grim. Think it was rereleased on vinyl last year.

bitewerksMTB

SSRI side of the split with MANIA- his side is nice, heavy low-end rumbling with buried electronics/metalbashing. Sort of made me think "slo-mo Japanese noise"

WINDHAND songs on youtube- good but nothing special doom metal. Waiting on the LP from Forcefield to show up. Upcoming split with Cough should be good; the announcement is what made me go back to check out Windhand again.

Ritual

Everyday Loneliness "Omissions" tape
Quite low key experimental droney music. Good stuff, especially the side-long track on the B side.

Drug Age "Alphabet" tape
Marvellous harsh noise from this duo of Matteo Castro (Kam Hassah, Lettera 22, Second Sleep, etc.) and Fransesco Tignola (Elisha Morningstar, Joy De Vivre). This is how it should be done!

Coil "Horse Rotorvator" LP
Total classic! Simply beautiful!

Hal Hutchinson

Mania / Coma Detox LP

Finally got around to listening to this...Fucking brilliant, easily the best thing i've heard from Mania...Or was the Grim Conditions tape better? I can't decide! looking forward to hearing what he does next...

First batch of material i've heard from Coma Detox and was very impressed indeed.

SiClark

Quote from: Hal Hutchinson on February 25, 2013, 09:58:38 PM
First batch of material i've heard from Coma Detox and was very impressed indeed.
I would recommend all of his other tapes, I haven't heard a bad release from him.

FreakAnimalFinland

Verdant "sincerity" CD
Existence Establishment
Hmm... could be the most innovative "PE" release if you would want to stretch your imagination to call it such. I'm thinking of later days Death Squad, little bit of Prurient after Pleasureground, little bit of modern Slogun, little bit of IFOTS, but most of all this doesn't sound like any of the mentioned. Lots of spoken word pieces, lots of sound collages, occasional aggro vocal and harsh electronic assaults. Utmost digital clarity and sharp crispy sound. But works for this as it stands so far from the usual stuff anyways. Weird that I have not seen ANYONE mention this and can't see it listed even in Discogs (except the original self released cdr)

Salakapakka Sound System "Abandoned Factories Scream At Night" tape
Banned
Oh man... I have had entirely wrong idea what this project is about... Very good tape from Finnish artists! Mixing drone with noise and little clang of "industrial" in mix.

AX "Metal forest" CD
Cold spring
kind of best of Di Francos 90's project. After Ethnic Acid, before Novatron. Good selection of tracks from different AX albums. Drone/noise/feedback.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

tiny_tove

lots of Hal Hutchinson's stuff sent be by mr unrest... fucking hell, I don't know why I never listened to his stuff... absolutely intense
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

aischrolatreia

Mania-Grim conditions + SSRI split- played these both back to back a couple times last night and this morning...great range of sound, pure negative energy, but I want them to be longer. The short length works, it is direct to the point but some of the rumbling and shifting I wish took up longer lengths of time. This craving then led me to play the mania/coma detox LP. Probably the 5th or 6th time i've played it since buying, and it will be getting more spins now.

Myling- Sotpuke- Great isengard-ish folk black metal with ormgard guy. Really good release with a powerful atmosphere. A nice step from the more aggressive releases from SDP. Many drunken nights humming along to it, no swedish knowledge

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Si Clark on February 25, 2013, 10:57:18 PM
Quote from: Hal Hutchinson on February 25, 2013, 09:58:38 PM
I would recommend all of his other tapes, I haven't heard a bad release from him.
Have to agree with Simon. Hopefully you're able to find some of his past work. Damn limited! NBM tape looks as amazing as it sounds and F&V tape is as filthy & violent as it should. Never heard the debut tape, would like to have a copy though. I once found it for very reasonable price but decided to get something "more interesting". What a shame...

Anyway, decided to put on the first part of Nyrkki & Kyrpä trilogy. I still hate "Funeral..." but other than that really nice. Unfortunately the sound on side B has started to worn out. Comes mostly from left channel. Again, what a shame...

Mikerdeath

En Nihil / Striations (Davers State)

I can't really comment on this because I played on it, but my copies arrived today and I am still very impressed with the general vibe.

Ashmonger

Zonnewiel - Channeling the Essence of Wuotan (7", VENE Records): Got this out of curiosity. It's some kind of ambient/synth music, if I remember correctly there were quite some of this kind of projects done by people into Black Metal mainly. This isn't too bad, there's some atmosphere to it, and the end of the first track has some nice accoustic guitarpart. So, I can see where this is going, but altogether it's just not very interesting...

Grunt - Dance for the Genocide (C60, Freak Animal): Got this at the gig (together with the Seer of Decay 2CD, still have to listen to that) in Kortrijk. Most tracks were also played at the gig in Kortrijk if I'm not mistaken, and are from the last album. Good sound quality for a live recording.

My friend who came with me to the gig in Kortrijk also bought some stuff, but couldn't take it home (carrying LPs on a bicycle isn't too easy), so I had the chance to listen to his stuff, being:
Keränen/Lettera 22 (7", Second Sleep): Good harsh noise, far from just being noise for the sake of noise. However, same as with the gig, I like some more filth, Keränen is a bit too clean for me.

Grunt - World Draped in a Camouflage (LP, Freak Animal): Again the same tracks, of course. Good, varied Power Electronics! I like the use of soundtrack/classical instrument/... tied together with the noise/other sounds. Unfortunately I only had the chance to listen to it once. But that was good enough to keep in mind I want to get this album for myself.

(Posting too much praise for Grunt on this board isn't good, makes me feel like a sycophant, haha!)

Scat-O-Logy

^I think you can't really praise Grunt too much. Not many can create compositions as superior as Grunt. "World Draped In A Camouflage" was easily my personal favorite PE release of 2012 and earned its place in my all-time-favorite PE albums.

Currently listening to BU "Viha&Kiima" triple cassette. Got it today and just finished the first CS. Damn good so far!

Bleak Existence

The Rita - women's vocals