Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

rebooting the alcohol topic.

looking at this on two levels.
what is good where you live?
what to drink when travelling to gigs with strange breweries?

am a big fan of real ales in UK, especially the dark stouts, porters etc.
will drink the cheap malty beers in local shops that are imported from Poland-pricewise, 3 cans for one pub beer.
sometimes go for a vodka kick, which is Russian standard, though for quality like polish 'old krupnik' brand both plain and flavoured-so smooth going down you hardly think it's alcohol.

david lloyd jones

as I drink more, my replies on site will be more haphazard and less coherent. all part or the topic resurrection.?
usually add to site when pissed, or on the way to this state.
usually see bands in inebriated state.

cutter

here in Poland vodka is classic, krupnik, żubrówka whatever, also there is flavoured vodka maybe its less powerful but its cheap as fuck, also beer but it depends from your needs

and for travelling it would be mostly cheap beer in four-packs

cantle

Cider for me mainly. Did find a lovely whisky barrel aged scrumpy weighing in at about 8% very dry. Shame the pub didn't have it on for long. To be fair real Alesand decent cider aren't hard to find if you know where to go in town.

Fluid Fetish

I don't drink really at all any more hardly but when I did I would drink literally almost anything except most American beer and Tequeila. I like dark malts, stouts, Guinness, microbrewing or all these IPA's are trendy and popular as the dickens where I live currently and some of them are ok.

Exceptions to the anti-US beer policy I have would be Sam Adams and New Belgium, NB HQ and brewery is a few hours away from me and most of the stuff they put out is pretty good including Fat Tire. I'm not too picky at all though anyways.

Outside of a social context alcohol bores the shit out of me, I like the taste of a good beer and don't mind of course sitting down for a few during dates or with friends/family when the rare occassion happens but I never drink casually, or alone, or with meals or anything. For me, alcohol in excess just dulls everything and doesn't really do anything for me. There isn't much to the experience...I used to love getting intoxicated at shows or dropping acid and going out into public, especially punk/metal shows, but those days are largely behind me.

Bleak Existence

drinked a small bottle of tequilla yesterday the truth is that alcohol can ruin your life and health happen with me

C601

Tequila vodka bender incoming

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Bleak Existence on August 17, 2016, 01:57:53 AM
drinked a small bottle of tequilla yesterday the truth is that alcohol can ruin your life and health happen with me
what do you mean by small?
to me this is a quarter of a whole bottle by volume.

Bleak Existence

david lloyd jones

ok. sounds like a half bottle in UK.

david lloyd jones

today's posts have been aided by black horse porter, a sublime local  6 pints in to my session.

david lloyd jones

still here, but stopped counting.

david lloyd jones

here again.
piss head and proud.
another day off work and enjoying dark beer ' tally ho' at the lamb and flag, followed by 'black horse porter at the royal Blenheim.
result is intoxication and enjoyment...

david lloyd jones

given the last so many posts are all mine, time to put this thread to bed again- where I will go at the end of this session!

david lloyd jones

sorry, can't close the  thread as alcohol drives me to reply to so many  other threads.